The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Chat delay 10 minutes, guilds disappeared, friends disappeared PC-EU after maintenance 6/10/2019

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *imagine finnigan at e3 now*

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many trading guilds require MM so that we can actually run our guilds properly and making sure that everyone is keeping the requirements that we ask of our members.

Disabling this without a fix is hamstringing many large guilds on both servers, I hope this is addressed and fixed ASAP!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No Master Merchant?

NwFQdlT.gif
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does reducing the guild history to 5 days cause problems for guilds that need to monitor e.g. weekly guild bank donations?
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    As we're continuing to work on this issue, we have also just disabled the ability for addons to read guild history from the server. Note this will break some popular addons such as Master Merchant - we recommend turning any addons off that may utilize this feature. This, along with the change we did earlier with the guild history, should help the issues many of you have been running into since yesterday.

With respect this is not a fix this is a workaround (and an annoying one) - what is the real cause?

I would echo this 100%

We appreciate that something has clearly gone badly wrong... but breaking a huge amount of addons that are considered by many to be essential to their gaming experience on PC is quite a big step and is just rubbing salt in the wound.... and to many is just making the situation worse.

Any idea on how long you are planning to keep this functionality switched off?

If the server needs to be brought down for a couple of hours to fix all of the problems since the patch I think the majority would now accept that given the issues this week...
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    Does reducing the guild history to 5 days cause problems for guilds that need to monitor e.g. weekly guild bank donations?

it does. this time its even worse, bcs they will stop the function to crawl and request info from the history for addons, so the history - i guess - most likely wont be able to be crawled by any addon and so the addon cant update anything from it as well.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on June 11, 2019 4:18PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How will this guild stuff solve the rest odf the problems? Weird
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Gina I have ZERO info for my guild history on pc-eu
    Options
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭

OMFG....

i am speechless....again...no even more then before

disabling an addon might fix an issue we have encountered? same addon is causing major issues on NA i bet?...........

Can we have a single word on getting this fixed for real on EU??

p.s. can I please post the video again?...
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it actually does, since its all running through same server or part of the server. the server isnt able to handle the amount of requests, so they decrease the amount of data, which can requested. still its an awfull way of "fixing" it, since those functions were working for 4 years and more meanwhile.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it actually does, since its all running through same server or part of the server. the server isnt able to handle the amount of requests, so they decrease the amount of data, which can requested. still its an awfull way of "fixing" it, since those functions were working for 4 years and more meanwhile.

I see...again it all goes back to server not being able to handle so many players and requests. Still they said and bragged about server capacity increase. How sad.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R3A1 wrote: »
    Sounds like a bunch of devs in panic mode and out of ideas, so they do anything and everything and try to turn off everything possible that req. bandwidth and processing time.

I often wonder how some people acquired and are able to keep their jobs....

I bet that person who prevented purchase of additional equipment for servers, that person is highly valued in company and received hefty $$$ incentive for cutting costs.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    As we're continuing to work on this issue, we have also just disabled the ability for addons to read guild history from the server. Note this will break some popular addons such as Master Merchant - we recommend turning any addons off that may utilize this feature. This, along with the change we did earlier with the guild history, should help the issues many of you have been running into since yesterday.

With respect this is not a fix this is a workaround (and an annoying one) - what is the real cause?

As we're continuing to work on this issue, we have also just disabled the ability for addons to read guild history from the server.

Continuing to work...it does not mean it will stay that way, but in the mean time, until it's fixed, they disabled it. Probably to not make things worse.
    Options
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭

Hey do you remember when us beta testers warned in both closed and open beta that the current implementation of the trading system will, pardon my french, *** the servers? No? Remember when we asked for server wide instance based (dutch) auction house that has none of the problems? Still no? Why wish for a wide variety of testers when tips from players that have played this kind of games for 20 years and/or develops stuff for living go unheard is beyond my understanding. They are giving them for _free_ and gratitude is a monkey. Literally.
    Ek1@EU@PC.
    Options
  • kwbridge
    kwbridge
    ✭✭✭
    No guild history at all on PC-NA
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see...again it all goes back to server not being able to handle so many players and requests. Still they said and bragged about server capacity increase. How sad.

2 updates ago there came a trade guild interface update - while u requested max 30 items from server each time opening a page in the guild store, depending on wether u use awesome guild store or no addon, its loading quite a way bigger amount. if u use awesome guildstore, the addon requests complete store even, which is quite a lot of traffic for one major trade guild as example. i do not understand, why zos is limiting the history and even mm and att now, while they could remoce the function of requesting complete store first, and then maybe limit the requested items to a specific maximum, so the user has to filter more, if he needs to digg deeper. i am pretty sure, this would fix the issues the same way, but this fix would be better accepted by the people than turning att, sgt and mm off.

on the other side, zos would have to admit, that when boldly making the guild update they totally were clueless about the amount of traffic this new interface would mean to the server, and this would be quite shamefull, right?

do we wanna talk about an auction house again?
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on June 11, 2019 4:34PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • jasann
    jasann
    ✭✭✭
    Zero guild history at all on PC-EU, awesome times. Don't worry all is saved as the crown store works perfectly fine :smiley:
    Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or why dont you implement a function which limits the history for the most of the guild, but ont for the upper 2 or 3 ranks, wihch usually are only 10 our of 500 people, so at least the leaders of the guild can go on with their work?

That'd still be a band-aid for an ill-designed system. I regularly see the argument that guild masters need MM + week-long history to run trading guilds. What they actually need is 1 or 2 numbers per guild member. Instead of asking ZOS to pump resources into keeping long history, why don't you ask them to improve the system? Hard-cap history to some arbitrary small number of records, like 1-2k (yes, that would limit the accuracy of MM price suggestions, because MM would miss a lot of sales while you're offline). Implement per-week sales sum for each member on the server side, keep last 4 weeks of sums; that's 4 numbers per member and is trivial to implement. It would allow guild masters to see members' sales over past 4 weeks without the need to pull huge history from server just to sum it up.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/post/quote/479505/discussion_479505
    Hi everyone,

Many of you on PC EU have been running into issues over the past 24 hours, such as guild and friends lists not appearing, among other issues. This morning, we adjusted the guild history from 10 days to 5 days, and we also disabled the ability for addons to read guild history from the server. Note this will break some popular addons such as Master Merchant - we recommend turning off any addons that may utilize this feature. Both of these were done on PC NA and EU.

These changes should help the issues many of you have been running into, but we'll continue to monitor and make additional changes as necessary.

Just posted in the patch notes/hotfixes section.... Slightly concerened by the phrasing that makes it sound like switching off all this functionality IS the fix and not just a very short term workaround for a few hours.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the EU server overloaded and deactivating features is cheaper than upgrading the servers?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    Or why dont you implement a function which limits the history for the most of the guild, but ont for the upper 2 or 3 ranks, wihch usually are only 10 our of 500 people, so at least the leaders of the guild can go on with their work?

That'd still be a band-aid for an ill-designed system. I regularly see the argument that guild masters need MM + week-long history to run trading guilds. What they actually need is 1 or 2 numbers per guild member. Instead of asking ZOS to pump resources into keeping long history, why don't you ask them to improve the system? Hard-cap history to some arbitrary small number of records, like 1-2k (yes, that would limit the accuracy of MM price suggestions, because MM would miss a lot of sales while you're offline). Implement per-week sales sum for each member on the server side, keep last 4 weeks of sums; that's 4 numbers per member and is trivial to implement. It would allow guild masters to see members' sales over past 4 weeks without the need to pull huge history from server just to sum it up.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    See and this is what we get from the incapability of ZOS. People started blaming the users for ZOS inability to fi their server issues. Something which has been running correctly for 4 or 5 years is now bad, because you communicate removing guild history and trade history makes everything better.

Thanks a lot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    so i guess next "fix" is removing pictures and sound, i'm sure the servers could handle the charge on a command-line text only mmo ...

Guess i'll go back playing Nite Team 4, at least typing command line is the expected gameplay there
    Options
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tevlak wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno you realize this is not the biggest problem right now, do you?

Chars stuck, endless loading, Cyrodill as a whole, lag, etc just as a reminder...

You are absolutely correct, having completely stuck account for 3 months now I don't even consider some lag or loading screens any actual issues in year 2019 anymore, those were worth threads around Midyear Mayhem 2017 edition.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »

YES - massive headache
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey you can play gokeen when its out... No more agony during loading screens
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a "fix", it's a complete disaster for guild management :(
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • BansheeVT
    BansheeVT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disabling the ability for addons to read guild history from the server, therefore breaking addons such as Master Merchant, which are irreplaceable for trading guilds as long as there is no other way to track sales or pricecheck? Great idea
    @BansheeVT - GM of 'Valinor Traders'.

Valinor Trading Union:
    Valinor Traders: Vivec, 500k sales, <500k sales = 25k fee, <250k sales = kick
    Valinor Overflow: Vivec back row, 150k min sales OR 15k donation
    Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 50k sales OR 10k donation
    Valinor Vendors: Wayrest, 25k sales OR 8k donation
    Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales OR 5k donation
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't know about 5 days, I have zero activity in my guild log

7mOQq8D.png
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't know about 5 days, I have zero activity in my guild log

7mOQq8D.png

kai schober corrected gina brunos comment on the german forums. its been not accurate, not only addons cant read the the guild history anymore. so basically the 5 days was wrong too i guess *headscratch*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just to update, the change we made to PC NA and EU earlier disabled all guild history, not just the addons utilizing it. This is not a permanent change, but a stopgap until we have a chance to identify and fix the core issue. Thanks for understanding, and apologies for any confusion this may have initially caused.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post