Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chat delay 10 minutes, guilds disappeared, friends disappeared PC-EU after maintenance 6/10/2019

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Work is ongoing on tomorrow's patch:
    15CAINJP2-popup.jpg
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The silence is deafening.

Hey, great communication improvement ZO$!

what, do u expect them to communicate on a sunday? they already made an info that on monday history opens again, but the specific history reading api will be deactivated. i guess its okay to at least wait for monday patch, patchnotes and can ask after the patch for news.

They need to be proactive about this.

ZOS should not be waiting for us to ask about this. ZOS should be posting their timeline for the resolution of these issues with the patch notes.

That would be what improved communication would look like. Anything else just looks like more of the same.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

what, do u expect them to communicate on a sunday? they already made an info that on monday history opens again, but the specific history reading api will be deactivated. i guess its okay to at least wait for monday patch, patchnotes and can ask after the patch for news.

ZOS should not be waiting for us to ask about this. ZOS should be posting their timeline for the resolution of these issues with the patch notes.

That would be what improved communication would look like. Anything else just looks like more of the same.

They already told us that the history will return tomorrow. For cryin' out loud, they're going to need more than a weekend to come up with an alternative method of handling history if what they said about it is true and the size and frequency of it being accessed caused this downtime. That's not going to be a hotfix. That's going to be some serious recoding.

Edited by SteveCampsOut on June 17, 2019 2:19AM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They already told us that the history will return tomorrow. For cryin' out loud, they're going to need more than a weekend to come up with an alternative method of handling history if what they said about it is true and the size and frequency of it being accessed caused this downtime. That's not going to be a hotfix. That's going to be some serious recoding.

They disabled guild history and the API last Tuesday*, not last Friday. They've had more than "a weekend". Even if we consider that the absolute worst-case scenario for having realised what the problem then they will have had 5-6 days. And to suggest that ZOS wouldn't have had people working on this over the weekend is to suggest that ZOS considers it a minor issue. Let's hope they don't.

That said, I didn't ask for a solution over "a weekend". I asked for a timeline to be posted with the patch notes.

If they honestly have no idea how long it might be before they can restore API functionality then they can say that. However I suspect that even ZOS will have more insight in this issue than that. Any business should have more insight than that.

[*I think, 1.52am on my Wednesday is when Gina posted]
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm feel that todays maintance will also not well do something. But people sadly hoping will change something.
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober

May I ask what ur team did? People reporting, att and mm working normally, so u forgot to deactivate the api. While people also report the old issues, no guild, no chat and so on. Actually I also wanted to ask, about a schedule for api and history fix so both addons will work again, burlt seems to be useless to ask that...

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me, assuming that I can actually play without any problems after the patch.

giphy.gif
  • Nicky33
    Nicky33
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, are you kiddin? You have promised 10 days history - sales are limited with about 500-1000 latest entries. You promised to disable addons - they are scanning these available sales without a trouble. What's the point to say A, but do Z?
    Also gratz to console players: PC sales history for the last week is unavailable for both: addons and human eyes. You now have a better UI than PC :)
    Edited by Nicky33 on June 17, 2019 11:55AM
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about todays maintance ?
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicky33 wrote: »
    ZOS, are you kiddin? You have promised 10 days history - sales are limited with about 500-1000 latest entries.

@Nicky33 - go back to the main section of the guild history and see if, when you scroll down to the bottom, there's a "show more" button. You may get more info. (Not at home, can't test.)

Be gentle with that button if/when you see it. Clicking it too fast/frequently will result in a kick from server for spamming.

Edit: slight clarification
    Edited by reoskit on June 17, 2019 2:48PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Accessing guild history wasn't breaking the game before Elswheyr because it was loading just fine as were friends lists and PvP (note guilds were not the only thing that broke).

Accessing guild history was working immediately after Elswheyr too (as was Pvp to it's usual laggy norm).

It was only after their patch that everything stopped working to which logic would suggest that something added or changed in that patch broke it.

Given that the notes list several tweaks to guild history and guild finder in that patch then I would take a further leap of reasoning and suggest that one of those changes is the problem.

Given that it is probable that those changes broke it then.... WHY NOT ROLL THEM BACK???

Instead we get the usual ZoS excuses followed swiftly by radio silence for what could end up being months based on previous problems, probably followed by several claims of a fix which won't fix anything...

I remember last year when they faithfully promised to communicate better.... wow did that one not happen.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »

Given that it is probable that those changes broke it then.... WHY NOT ROLL THEM BACK???

I remember last year when they faithfully promised to communicate better.... wow did that one not happen.

Typically, it's not quite as simple as just doing a "rollback" . (code is complicated spider-web, blah blah blah ) . And as far as the whole "communication" thing goes, i'm guessing the Devs always want to communicate more often...but are limited by inner-team protocols (not to mention super busy actually coding & fixing all the issues lol )

I'm NOT saying they couldn't do better, or be better, but i was just sayin' B)

p.s. the actual patch-notes from today: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/480439/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-0-9

Edited by NeeScrolls on June 17, 2019 7:20PM
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »

Accessing guild history wasn't breaking the game before Elswheyr because it was loading just fine as were friends lists and PvP (note guilds were not the only thing that broke).

Accessing guild history was working immediately after Elswheyr too (as was Pvp to it's usual laggy norm).

It was only after their patch that everything stopped working to which logic would suggest that something added or changed in that patch broke it.

Given that the notes list several tweaks to guild history and guild finder in that patch then I would take a further leap of reasoning and suggest that one of those changes is the problem.

Instead we get the usual ZoS excuses followed swiftly by radio silence for what could end up being months based on previous problems, probably followed by several claims of a fix which won't fix anything...

Yep well said. It's weird that most people seem to have forgotten this... Most were just discussing the problem without thinking what caused it. It was working fine before... well not exactly fine, there has been something similar back in february (?) after a maintenance on EU server when people could not see their friend's list, guilds etc... and ZoS fixed it without any other consequences.

This is all very strange.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you look at the guild sales history right now, the items that are being sold are only there about 1/2 the time, other times it says Soandso sold 1 .

I'd say there's probably something in progress causing that, so a rollback likely wouldn't work. But this is all guesswork because *clears throat* nobody is telling us anything more.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you look at the guild sales history right now, the items that are being sold are only there about 1/2 the time, other times it says Soandso sold 1 .

I'd say there's probably something in progress causing that, so a rollback likely wouldn't work. But this is all guesswork because *clears throat* nobody is telling us anything more.

Honestly I think that is just that they don't have a clue what is happening.

One of the things that has always seemed possible is that they have no serious code control - old bugs from months or even years past come back time and again, bugs that impact very specific areas can't be untangled... and the bugs are so specific that it points to people holding old code on their personal machines and avoiding any kind of proper checking in/out.

It all suggests a lack of version control, a lack of qa testing and a lack of management control.

Someone seriously suggest they can't untangle the guild related code from a patch? Only if they have no idea what code is being added or changed.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh not true, checking overall situation ZOS added after patch a little functionality. Actually you are able to pull full data of recent 10 days from server if you're having patience, also MM and ATT do update now. It just takes a lot of time. As written earlier, not the addon pings the server and server answers the request - ZOS limited that function - I have to admit ( @ZOS_KaiSchober ) in a quite intelligent way now. Seemingly the server or ZOS decides how much data is sent depending on the current capacity level. It took some hours of waiting, but i gott all recent 10 days of sales history now. Updating from tomorrow on wont take that long anymore then since it will be only recent 20 - 24hours anymore then, not 7 or 8 days. I can live with that for now, but i dont think this is a longterm solution. I guess also on ATT's end I will try to encourage Arka making some little changes to provide some server-friendly support-update for the current situation.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on June 17, 2019 11:22PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They might have changed the guild history but still lag issues on pc eu in cyrodiil.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone in this thread interested specifically in the Guild History issue:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/481041/update-on-guild-history-related-performance-issue

Pls don't jump on me; I know it won't fix everything being discussed here. Just the messenger here, helping people see this specific update.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    For anyone in this thread interested specifically in the Guild History issue:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/481041/update-on-guild-history-related-performance-issue

Pls don't jump on me; I know it won't fix everything being discussed here. Just the messenger here, helping people see this specific update.

Thanks for telling.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well their fix did nothing to fix the performance, hype.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well their fix did nothing to fix the performance, hype.

I think we're going to be waiting until the next fix they are talking about when the data is pushed. I don't know if that'll fix the performance in other areas, though.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom