Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chat delay 10 minutes, guilds disappeared, friends disappeared PC-EU after maintenance 6/10/2019

• AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JPS wrote: »
    So, hmmm... I noticed someone that joined my guild after logs were turned off. Yet he now has 50k sales. MM doesn't seem to have updated it's totals, yet this is 'registered'....

Seriously, how will I know what info to trust now ????

Just reverse your 'maintenance' and get this over with...

50k sales showing in MM?

Actually yes.. I looked at the item info now, apparently it goes up to 3 hours ago...

yeah, that's what i'm hearing in zone chat, too.

and yet, regular guild history is empty. so the add-on seems to have reset it's sales tracking as of 3hrs ago when they shut down histories...but the reg histories show no bank transactions for us or roster.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Philgo68
    Philgo68
    ✭✭✭
    So, hmmm... I noticed someone that joined my guild after logs were turned off. Yet he now has 50k sales. MM doesn't seem to have updated it's totals, yet this is 'registered'....

50k sales showing in MM?

Actually yes.. I looked at the item info now, apparently it goes up to 3 hours ago...

Is MM breaking through!!!??!?!?!?
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Philgo68 wrote: »

50k sales showing in MM?

Is MM breaking through!!!??!?!?!?

It should be- according to ZOS with their histories shut down lol
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought MM and TTC collect their data from players who have the add-ons? If so, wouldn't that would mean that they won't be affected by any history kept by ZOS? Or have I misunderstood how MM and TTC work?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I thought MM and TTC collect their data from players who have the add-ons? If so, wouldn't that would mean that they won't be affected by any history kept by ZOS? Or have I misunderstood how MM and TTC work?

You've misunderstood MM. MM collects its data from the sales history of the guilds you are in. This is why data can be slightly different from player to player. MM does not communicate with any programs outside of ESO.

TTC collects the LISTING price of items posted in guild stores and communicates to an external server via a third party program (the TTC addon and client).

MM and TTC track different data through different means.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! Okay, thanks for that explanation. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just think of all the guild bank thieves who could get away with absolute bedlam right now..
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JarlUlfric wrote: »
    Just think of all the guild bank thieves who could get away with absolute bedlam right now..

Yup! All GM's should be locking down everything rn till this is resolved. not even allowing deposits as Rollbacks from issues like this and disappearing inv items is not unheard of in the past. Anything deposited while histories are disabled could very well vanish if they have to roll us back to fix this.
    NA EP CP1200+

• reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup! All GM's should be locking down everything rn till this is resolved. not even allowing deposits as Rollbacks from issues like this and disappearing inv items is not unheard of in the past.

We cannot stop people from putting gold in our guild banks. There's no permission for it. We absolutely should be *communicating* to our guildies to not deposit, tho.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yup! All GM's should be locking down everything rn till this is resolved. not even allowing deposits as Rollbacks from issues like this and disappearing inv items is not unheard of in the past. Anything deposited while histories are disabled could very well vanish if they have to roll us back to fix this.

Aye, as reoskit said, there is NO way to turn off gold deposits, just items.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

REALLY??? That seems like an odd oversight by ZOS. I would think "allow deposits to guild bank" would mean any deposits. how strange. well. lock it down as best you can, edit MOtD, send out a guild mailer. after that it's on the members if they ignore you and their deposit is lost. :shrug:
    NA EP CP1200+

• girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

REALLY??? That seems like an odd oversight by ZOS. I would think "allow deposits to guild bank" would mean any deposits. how strange. well. lock it down as best you can, edit MOtD, send out a guild mailer. after that it's on the members if they ignore you and their deposit is lost. :shrug:

Most people don't say no to free gold and there's no downside to allowing gold deposits, because currency doesn't take up any bank space. However with items you can troll a guild by depositing 1 of something at a time to fill up their entire guild bank so that no one else can deposit anything. There was never a need for the ability to turn off gold deposits until today.
    PC/NA @Scarlett - GM of East Empire Trading Co & West Empire Trading Co
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag in chat :D Maybe the crown store next
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woo Wee Woo Waa very nice yes
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to update, the change we made to PC NA and EU earlier disabled all guild history, not just the addons utilizing it. This is not a permanent change, but a stopgap until we have a chance to identify and fix the core issue. Thanks for understanding, and apologies for any confusion this may have initially caused.

This is a really big problem for trading guilds. Hopefully this is fixed soon.
  • Gilora
    Gilora
    ✭✭
    Hey all, just to update, the change we made to PC NA and EU earlier disabled all guild history, not just the addons utilizing it. This is not a permanent change, but a stopgap until we have a chance to identify and fix the core issue. Thanks for understanding, and apologies for any confusion this may have initially caused.

Oh, another MacGyverWorkaround. And when will the core issue be fixed - of course after you´ve been able to identify it (I doubt that, tbh)? Oh, wait, in a future patch. Before Christmas? Before Christmas after next Christmas? EVER (like Cyrodiil...)?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is good news for stupid people.
  • Gilora
    Gilora
    ✭✭
    Well, I don't know about 5 days, I have zero activity in my guild log

7mOQq8D.png

kai schober corrected gina brunos comment on the german forums. its been not accurate, not only addons cant read the the guild history anymore. so basically the 5 days was wrong too i guess *headscratch*

Everything is wrong with ZOS.

P.S.: Yep, I´m pissed.
    Edited by Gilora on June 12, 2019 2:40AM
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is good news for stupid people.
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since we can't petition to protest against this course of action... How about someone making a 'poll' to voice the fact we want the logs on and they start thinking of something else?

I'm not even inclined to really play right now with this mess going on.
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    that was the straw to break this camel's back, i just cancelled my subscription. Been ESO+ for 3 years almost, but the service is getting crappier and i'm not impressed at all with the elsweyr storytelling. Quality of writing was what got me to move from Funcom's Frankenstein style attempt at rebooting Secret World to ESO, but last time I was moved by a story in ESO was ... when i chanced upon an old side quest I has missed in Eastmarch ! Kitty problems and Sai Sahan unsufferable personna ? Meh !
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    that was the straw to break this camel's back, i just cancelled my subscription. Been ESO+ for 3 years almost, but the service is getting crappier and i'm not impressed at all with the elsweyr storytelling. Quality of writing was what got me to move from Funcom's Frankenstein style attempt at rebooting Secret World to ESO, but last time I was moved by a story in ESO was ... when i chanced upon an old side quest I has missed in Eastmarch ! Kitty problems and Sai Sahan unsufferable personna ? Meh !

You'll recieve an email titled "eso+ cancellation sucessful" or something like that. It contains an email adress for feedback why you ended your sub. You should mail them and tell them.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a handful of comments that contained personal insults directed at other forum members as well as nonconstructive comments. This is a friendly reminder to keep comments civil and on topic, as to not derail the thread. Thank you.

How about addressing the actual issues instead of playing Forum police? Along with the guild fiasco Stamnecro on PCNA (don't know about others) is completely unplayable. "We are aware"...lol, really?

Granted you cant fix it but you can do what you are supposed to and that is inform us of whats happening. Did you ever stop to think that if maybe you all communicated a bit better it would stop the hateful comments due to people being frustrated, and in turn making your job a tad easier? Didn't think so, easier to just delete stuff.
    Edited by Joxer61 on June 12, 2019 7:25AM
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im playing dailly 1 hour or so right now, before i played 10+ hours a day, even with going working, other Guildies do the same, i tell new players about the lack of understanding the Game on site of the Developers and Community Managers. Let the Staff at ESO play one week ESO on a not Company Computer and Server then let them come back to look at there Comments and make a Apology to us, the Customer of this Product. I think they would start fixing things asap
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Im playing dailly 1 hour or so right now, before i played 10+ hours a day, even with going working, other Guildies do the same, i tell new players about the lack of understanding the Game on site of the Developers and Community Managers. Let the Staff at ESO play one week ESO on a not Company Computer and Server then let them come back to look at there Comments and make a Apology to us, the Customer of this Product. I think they would start fixing things asap

I would like to see a dev cyrodiil stream. In EU prime time on PC-EU servers, 30-day CP or 30-day non-CP doesnt matter, go for it zos!
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it looking this morning?
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. Free trader. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama-free social group enjoying PVE questing, PvP, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure the devs know, the mods on this forum know but they are not in charge. The ones in charge, the ones who decide where the money will be invested and if it's worth it to invest, are people who probably have no idea what this game is all about. For them this game is just a machine to make money and the less it costs to keep the machine working the better.

This is why the only way to change something is to cancel subs and stop giving them.money, that's the only language they can understand.
    Edited by LiraTaurwen on June 12, 2019 8:14AM
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came back recently after almost 2 years gone from this game...I am glad I did not now buy the new chapter, I will also be canceling my sub again. The EU server is worse than ever, just unplayable and pvp is outright unplayable. I can't recommend this game to anyone.
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Games state is a joke atm and i've been saying that it gets worse with every patch for more than a year now and it really does feel like with every patch the game becomes laggier and buggier. ZOS gives zero reason to believe anything will get better and they keep saying it's a problem on our end lol sure it is you ***.
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came back recently after almost 2 years gone from this game...I am glad I did not now buy the new chapter, I will also be canceling my sub again. The EU server is worse than ever, just unplayable and pvp is outright unplayable. I can't recommend this game to anyone.

Jeez let's drop the hyperbole shall we? It's not unplayable at all, there are some issues with the guild history,l some issues with chat and some issues in Cyrodiil (not a new thing), but to say the game is unplayable is nonsense, if that's what you're finding then maybe you need to check your setup/ISP. Our guild ran two trials last night with no DCs, no lag, no problems at all infact, hardly unplayable. Perhaps you can specify why it's unplayable for you?
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. Free trader. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama-free social group enjoying PVE questing, PvP, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • Urigall
    Urigall
    ✭✭✭
    Raising gold for house buying is the main reason I trade extensively.

Of course, every time a player uses in game gold to buy a house, that's one, potential sale lost to the crown store (some players will probably never choose the crown option but some will - hence "potential sale") Some traders can raise a few million gold, thus avoiding shelling out the cost of a few thousand crowns. That's just an observation, nothing more.

Housing is very popular in ESO. One of the topics I often see in chat across all my guilds is whether to buy with gold or crowns (latter is sometimes the only option, but rarely so) I wouldn't care to put a figure on it, but buying with gold is something many players seem to prefer. Raising a lot of gold means a lot of trading (get away Captain Obvious)

Yes yes, I know there is more to ESO than buying houses. Equally, there are a lot of houses for sale in ESO. Some of them cost north of a million and even further. So it should not be surprising that many players devote a lot of their play time to trading, in order to buy housing. And house buying is often a choice between grinding up the gold or reaching for the credit card. Bork trading and the credit card becomes a more tempting option. Once again, that's just an observation, nothing more.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez let's drop the hyperbole shall we? It's not unplayable at all, there are some issues with the guild history,l some issues with chat and some issues in Cyrodiil (not a new thing), but to say the game is unplayable is nonsense, if that's what you're finding then maybe you need to check your setup/ISP. Our guild ran two trials last night with no DCs, no lag, no problems at all infact, hardly unplayable. Perhaps you can specify why it's unplayable for you?

Dude stop! Some people have higher standards than you and it is right they expect a game working without lag and bugs.

That attitude is not helping. Things are only getting worse and still some you come here to say it's not that bad lol

Everyone should be demanding better service from ZoS!

This game is not worth it to be recomended for anyone. Why would anyone tell their friends to buy a broken game?