Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chat delay 10 minutes, guilds disappeared, friends disappeared PC-EU after maintenance 6/10/2019

• Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't know about 5 days, I have zero activity in my guild log

7mOQq8D.png

kai schober corrected gina brunos comment on the german forums. its been not accurate, not only addons cant read the the guild history anymore. so basically the 5 days was wrong too i guess *headscratch*

Indeed, I just promoted 5 recruits after the above picture was taken and that NEW HISTORY is also not showing.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. Free trader. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama-free social group enjoying PVE questing, PvP, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel totally winner with my stuck account when I read this thread while playing Mortal Kombat 11. I've been probably kicked out from most of my guilds by now because of inactivity, at least it's 1 free spot for someone so it's a win again.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to update, the change we made to PC NA and EU earlier disabled all guild history, not just the addons utilizing it. This is not a permanent change, but a stopgap until we have a chance to identify and fix the core issue. Thanks for understanding, and apologies for any confusion this may have initially caused.

Will it be restored before the weekend so that those of us who run raffles for guilds are able to properly allocate tickets to people who have made guild bank deposits? Etc.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean we were given NO notice so no opportunity to record what had already been deposited this week
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Amarlado
    Amarlado
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to update, the change we made to PC NA and EU earlier disabled all guild history, not just the addons utilizing it. This is not a permanent change, but a stopgap until we have a chance to identify and fix the core issue. Thanks for understanding, and apologies for any confusion this may have initially caused.

@ZOS_GinaBruno For a change this momentous, I would really appreciate an entirely clear report on exactly what is happening with us, and how long we can expect it to be this way. Because from the first post, it could easily be read that you were forever disabling Master Merchant, an addon that actually makes the guild trader system in this game usable, and were permanently setting guild history from 10 days to 5 days.

I still don't understand the setting of guild history from 10 days to 5 days, and whether that is permanent, and why that would matter if guild history is completely disabled, if it's only temporary.
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PSA

The only way to make them fix these issues for real is to unsubscribe from your eso+. When you cancel your subscription you will get an email saying "hey mail us on this adress: xxxx and tell us why you cancelled."

Mail them and tell them. This is not the first time these issues have appeared. This happens so often on EU, and the general performance of the game in prime time is a joke on EU servers. It will just keep going downhill if everyone sits idle and keep throwing cash at them.

Money talks, and if there is a decline in income they will have to do something about it.
    Edited by Daviiid_ESO on June 11, 2019 5:03PM
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amarlado wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno For a change this momentous, I would really appreciate an entirely clear report on exactly what is happening with us, and how long we can expect it to be this way. Because from the first post, it could easily be read that you were forever disabling Master Merchant, an addon that actually makes the guild trader system in this game usable, and were permanently setting guild history from 10 days to 5 days.

I still don't understand the setting of guild history from 10 days to 5 days, and whether that is permanent, and why that would matter if guild history is completely disabled, if it's only temporary.

I tell you, don't spend anymore money on this crap... That is the ONLY thing you can do
  • Arca94
    Arca94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if this temporarily fixes the guilds and chat, I can't even log into my characters who are in Cyrodiil. I just get an endless loading screen which is the same I was getting yesterday.

Looks like another day I literally can't even play :))))
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be fixed within the week. This is completely unacceptable.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • BansheeVT
    BansheeVT
    ✭✭✭✭
    totally agree with @Amarlado
    Can we please get a clear report so we know what to expect?
    How long will this probably last? Will we only get the history log back? What about MM?
    @BansheeVT - GM of 'Valinor Traders'.

Valinor Trading Union:
    Valinor Traders: Vivec, 500k sales, <500k sales = 25k fee, <250k sales = kick
    Valinor Overflow: Vivec back row, 150k min sales OR 15k donation
    Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 50k sales OR 10k donation
    Valinor Vendors: Wayrest, 25k sales OR 8k donation
    Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales OR 5k donation
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long will this probably last? Will we only get the history log back? What about MM?

To add to the questions: Any transactions that take place while the log is disabled, will we get them back?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet Gina can't wait for all the features arriving with next year's huge dlc...I mean chapter, my bad, I should know by now that Elsweyr definitely isn't any content which can be downloaded.
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amarlado wrote: »

Very much agreed. I understand that this might be necessary for now- however, it will have a huge impact on how a lot of people play the game. It would be appreciated to have a clear report so that players know what to expect.
  • vlakipn
    vlakipn
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing job. Worst mmo bug experience - ever.
    tenor.gif
  • WardenofNirn
    WardenofNirn
    ✭✭✭

100%Agree!

I mean what is not going to be permanent the addons utilizing it or the disabling of the all guild history? or maybe both?
  • Taloros
    Taloros
    ✭✭✭✭
    A permanent fix for the issues would be welcome.

BUT: The temporary fix is better than no fix at all. Access to guild bank > guild history, at least in my book. Acutally, I wouldn't have missed the guild history at all.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taloros wrote: »

BUT: The temporary fix is better than no fix at all. Access to guild bank > guild history, at least in my book. Acutally, I wouldn't have missed the guild history at all.

Except now we're probably restricting our bank because we can't tell who takes how much of what. I get it might be temporarily necessary, but we really need more details from them.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭

No, they should fix this permanently once and for all. All these server issues have been "fixed temporarily" for years. It's becoming a joke and people shouldn't settle with "well it will work for another week now until they break it again so I'm happy".
  • BansheeVT
    BansheeVT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »

Except now we're probably restricting our bank because we can't tell who takes how much of what. I get it might be temporarily necessary, but we really need more details from them.

Probably important to all GMs right now, if you don't 100% trust your members rethink your permissions until we know if log will get restored
    @BansheeVT - GM of 'Valinor Traders'.

Valinor Trading Union:
    Valinor Traders: Vivec, 500k sales, <500k sales = 25k fee, <250k sales = kick
    Valinor Overflow: Vivec back row, 150k min sales OR 15k donation
    Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 50k sales OR 10k donation
    Valinor Vendors: Wayrest, 25k sales OR 8k donation
    Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales OR 5k donation
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagging to watch this thread.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tagging to also watch this thread.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably important to all GMs right now, if you don't 100% trust your members rethink your permissions until we know if log will get restored

Yeah, we just restricted the guild bank. Which I fricken hate, but 140+ active members = all it takes is one person to see it as an opportunity.

• rollingphoneseb17_ESO
    Tagging after to also watch this thread.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When management will understand that ignoring technical debt for long is not a good strategy??? Because you ignored the earlier occurring warnings about performance and efficiency shortcomings eventually it gets to a cliff stage where suddenly everything start falling apart and you forced to do serious band-aid measurements to get some breathing time, and those does not even solve the actual problems just limiting your option even further... At that point you're truly screwed and now only have a choice to invest several times the effort and cost what you weren't willing earlier or see everything crumbling down. It isn't called for technical debt for nothing, if you fail to manage it you will be forced to pay the interest later...
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    When management will understand that ignoring technical debt for long is not a good strategy??? Because you ignored the earlier occurring warnings about performance and efficiency shortcomings eventually it gets to a cliff stage where suddenly everything start falling apart and you forced to do serious band-aid measurements to get some breathing time, and those does not even solve the actual problems just limiting your option even further... At that point you're truly screwed and now only have a choice to invest several times the effort and cost what you weren't willing earlier or see everything crumbling down. It isn't called for technical debt for nothing, if you fail to manage it you will be forced to pay the interest later...

Money is the language they speak, if people keep throwing money at them as far as they care the game is working perfectly. If people cancel their subs and send them the feedback something will have to happen.
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    so lo and behold, guilds are still screwed. yes we can see them, but we cant bloody manage them now. *slow clap* great stuff. I am going to warframe, a FREE TO PLAY that smashes the crap outta eso frankly in terms of functionality. Maybe you should learn something from Digital Extremes.
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at my Seaveil Spire

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Leyawiin, Blackwood)
    ~ Daedric Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in random front row spots across Tamriel)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now my game runs much better!
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To add to the questions: Any transactions that take place while the log is disabled, will we get them back?

thje information still gets stored at the server. last time it was reduced to 5 days, the full data was back when its been back at 10 days. as long as zos manages to fix it within 10 days, we gonna get that data delayed then.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was excited to see the new Elsweyr load screens but getting to be the same old already... Maybe put together a load screen department at ESO and they could add trivia or small interactive games while we wait, I don't know.

And the this is an unusual long load time isn't really unusual anymore...
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR4GONFL1 wrote: »
    And the this is an unusual long load time isn't really unusual anymore...

this line. THIS line was making me nuts, when reading it. really nuts. there is a time for fun, and there is a time to feel ashamed instead of poking fun on an issue.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English