Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

Chat delay 10 minutes, guilds disappeared, friends disappeared PC-EU after maintenance 6/10/2019

• LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like its working now... but there was no official statement so who knows.. might be broken later when there is more people online.

Poor communication as always.
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cążki wrote: »
    Of course they ban for "truth" critisim. and you shuld also make some. Maybe if there where many ambassadors who critisim of front maybe we could get better game.
    I think you don't pay enough attention to what we're saying and doing if you don't think we criticise ZOS.

It's entirely possible to give true criticism and hold ZOS to account without being rude or toxic.
    Edited by Turelus on June 11, 2019 11:13AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »
    Carmina wrote: »
    **sigh**

This is NOT DUE TO THE PATCH! Testing would not have avoided this. Criticism towards ZOS is totally justified, regarding communication and all that. But this was not due to not testing. They messed up applying the patch.

**sigh** too.
    Usually, they should do their patch (after taking a complete backup), bring the server back online with *non-public* access. Test the stuff for a while, *then* open to public.
    Even better would be a staging system - copy player data, apply patch, open staging system to public, testdrive, if everything seems to be OK after a day - roll out.

sorry, but no. that would mean, the server are closed for the whole monday at all.
    than i prefer the current handling, that from time to time a patch goes wrong and gets an online-hotfix for that. ^^
    Options
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    **sigh**

This is NOT DUE TO THE PATCH! Testing would not have avoided this. Criticism towards ZOS is totally justified, regarding communication and all that. But this was not due to not testing. They messed up applying the patch.

**sigh** too.
    Usually, they should do their patch (after taking a complete backup), bring the server back online with *non-public* access. Test the stuff for a while, *then* open to public.
    Even better would be a staging system - copy player data, apply patch, open staging system to public, testdrive, if everything seems to be OK after a day - roll out.

sorry, but no. that would mean, the server are closed for the whole monday at all.
    than i prefer the current handling, that from time to time a patch goes wrong and gets an online-hotfix for that. ^^

Server wouldn't be offline for the whole day if they bothered to do the maintenance during the night instead of in the morning. But hey poor ZoS staff can't wake up early, we have to respect that! Game is free and all..
    Options
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭

Server wouldn't be offline for the whole day if they bothered to do the maintenance during the night instead of in the morning. But hey poor ZoS staff can't wake up early, we have to respect that! Game is free and all..

Night? During which time zone? Yours I guess. Wherever it's night it will be somebody else's day time.
    Edited by Myrm on June 11, 2019 11:21AM
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
    Options
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myrm wrote: »

Night? During which time zone? Any but yours I guess. Wherever it's night it will be somebody else's day time.

Night in EUROPE, as this is an EUROPEAN SERVER... you know like they do in NA...
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    **sigh**

**sigh** too.

I believe the servers went down for maintenance at 8am BST, 7am GMT(UTC) which means midnight Pacific Time, so it was done during the night. Somewhere it is always night and somewhere it is always day, I'm the first to pull them up on getting it wrong but even Zos can't stop time as they have not yet levelled the Psijic skill line!

NA and EU servers must be done simultaneously or there will be version mismatch errors.
    Edited by Mathius_Mordred on June 11, 2019 11:23AM
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
    Options
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    **sigh**

**sigh** too.

I believe the servers went down for maintenance at 8am BST, 7am GMT(UTC) which means midnight Pacific Time, so it was done during the night. Somewhere it is always night and somewhere it is always day, I'm the first to pull them up on getting it wrong but even Zos can't stop time as they have not yet levelled the Psijic skill line!

NA and EU servers must be done simultaneously or there will be version mismatch errors.

We are talking about an EUROPEAN server, and in europe maintenances are made during the morning and extended to peak hours many times. Does not matter what time it is in other parts of the world.. if so then change the server name to GLOBAL PC-SERVER.

Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    **sigh**

**sigh** too.

We are talking about an EUROPEAN server, and in europe maintenances are made during the morning and extended to peak hours many times. Does not matter what time it is in other parts of the world.. if so then change the server name to GLOBAL PC-SERVER.

The two servers have to be done at the same time or there will be version mismatch errors if users swap between servers (as many do). There may also be, although I don't know this for certain, communication between the two servers for load allocation, this wouldn't work if they were both running different versions.
    Options
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    **sigh**

**sigh** too.

The two servers have to be done at the same time or there will be version mismatch errors if users swap between servers (as many do). There may also be, although I don't know this for certain, communication between the two servers for load allocation, this wouldn't work if they were both running different versions.

Who cares? The two servers are different already, one runs like *** lol
    Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two servers have to be done at the same time or there will be version mismatch errors if users swap between servers (as many do).

That's a total non-issue. You play on EU, you update when EU does maintenance. You play on NA, you update when NA does maintenance. You play on both, you update whenever you want, and accept that you won't be able to play on the other server for half a day.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does not matter what time it is in other parts of the world.. if so then change the server name to GLOBAL PC-SERVER.
    You paint yourself as the victim here, yet you ignore all of the people who play from locations other than Europe or North America. Hypocrite much?

PC-NA and PC-EU are both global servers.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
    Options
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    Does not matter what time it is in other parts of the world.. if so then change the server name to GLOBAL PC-SERVER.
    You paint yourself as the victim here, yet you ignore all of the people who play from locations other than Europe or North America. Hypocrite much?

PC-NA and PC-EU are both global servers.

Then change their name to global servers. I guess the majority of people on EU server plays from europe, otherwise we wouldn't have so much problems during peak time but hey...what do I know?! Personaly I don't mind the time as its early for me, but for many people in the rest of europe is during part of their play time.

Not this is as big of an issue as all the other problems with EU server, just a little detail that shows how much they care.
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    The two servers have to be done at the same time or there will be version mismatch errors if users swap between servers (as many do).

That's a total non-issue. You play on EU, you update when EU does maintenance. You play on NA, you update when NA does maintenance. You play on both, you update whenever you want, and accept that you won't be able to play on the other server for half a day.

That may be the case, all I'm saying here, and I have no direct source for this and could well be wrong, is that there are probably technical reasons why they have to be done simultaneously. Because of that there will always be some people somewhere who are stopped from playing as the patch is in their game time whilst there will be many more who wake up to find it done, or come home from work to find it done (my case).
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Servers need, at least, more hamsters...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • tgrippa
    tgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard from a not-very-reliable source that the issues are down to all the new combat pets in the game now. Necros, wardens, sorcs - please think of the servers, don’t use pets.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    PCEU
    heh.
    heh.
    Options
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel ESO is a second priority in ZOS.
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS continually tells their player base what they want to here just like many pathetic politicians. If you believe their crap well I feel sorry for you. Oh by the way ZOS as of your new patch players in cyrodiil can no long interface with any doors or nodes while in stealth. How long will it take to fix that mess you all created?
    Options
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    ZOS continually tells their player base what they want to here just like many pathetic politicians. If you believe their crap well I feel sorry for you. Oh by the way ZOS as of your new patch players in cyrodiil can no long interface with any doors or nodes while in stealth. How long will it take to fix that mess you all created?

Are all these problems just related to the PvP areas? Or is it PvE too?

PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
    Options
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dumbest cause for the performance drop one came up with is the influx of new players who want to play in Cyro.

I mean, don't we have population locks there?

AthleticLankyHedgehog-small.gif
    Edited by Salvas_Aren on June 11, 2019 1:28PM
    Options
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    The dumbest cause for the performance drop one came up with is the influx of new players who want to play in Cyro.

Forgive me, but why is that such a dumb cause? It sounds pretty convincing to me. I admit though to having absolutely no idea about programming/servers etc.
    PC & Xbox (EU)

Options
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Myrm wrote: »

Forgive me, but why is that such a dumb cause? It sounds pretty convincing to me. I admit though to having absolutely no idea about programming/servers etc.

Because there ARE population locks.

No matter how many ppl try to enter Cyro, the cap is 1500, 500 per faction. Factions where full since all ages. So, that argument is an absurd one.

It might be caused by the influx of new players within the rest of Tamriel, but that fact would not be covered by the argument.
    Options
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    Because there ARE population locks.

No matter how many ppl try to enter Cyro, the cap is 1500, 500 per faction. Factions where full since all ages. So, that argument is an absurd one.

It might be caused by the influx of new players within the rest of Tamriel, but that fact would not be covered by the argument.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. :)
    PC & Xbox (EU)

Options
  • rez0055
    rez0055
    ✭✭✭
    Guys can I enter Cyrodiil when i’m back Home from work (pc EU) yes or no? All I want to hear 🤣
    Characters
    - Only-Drinks-With-Templars: Lvl 50 Argonian Magica Templar
    - Bialozar: Lvl 50 Khajitt Stamina Nightblade
    - Rez the Bald Sorceror: Lvl 50 Dark Elf Magica Sorceror
    - Gerard Snow: Lvl 50 Dark Elf Magica Dragonknight
    - Dorothea Black: Lvl 50 Imperial Stamina Templar
    - Demon Cleaver: Lvl 50 Orc Stamina Warden
    - Lord of BØnes: Lvl 50 Breton Magica Necromancer

PC/EU server. You'll find my characters hoping on and off on the plains of Cyrodil with the guild The Black.
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happened to me last night around 7:00 pm (edt) on PC NA. Campaign, Guilds, and Friends menus were completely blank. I tried a /reloadui but that launched me into a 10mn load screen. I did a hard reset of my computer, and that solved it (or was just a lucky coincidence). Others in my group said that they waited about 10-20mns and that it resolved itself.

BUT THOSE LOAD SCREENS.............ALL NIGHT LONG..............

Edited by The_Lex on June 11, 2019 2:02PM
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all my chars stuck which ones at the Cyrodill...
    and I lost all my guilds and friends from the lists
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    Update: We are currently working on a hotfix to address these issues. This won't require any downtime, but it will take at least a couple hours to stage and publish.

Been 24hours since "Update" are you still working or you gave up? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild chat is again taking minutes to show
    Options
  • Sizaansil
    Sizaansil
    ✭✭✭
    Guild chats are starting to lag again for me and my guildmates. Social features have the same issues.
    I had the same problems yesterday but they were gone when I logged on this morning only to come back a few minutes ago.
    Needless to say I'm on PC-EU :/
    Anne Lucerne - Factionless Templar - PC EU Server

"[Let us] now take you Up. We will [show] our true faces... [which eat] one another in amnesia each Age" - The Song of Pelinal, Vol. 8
    Options