Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wood Elf/ Bosmer losing stealth passive, An open letter.

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update on the support ticket:
    Okay, it's been about 24h now since I replied to automated e-mail response to talk to a human being and so far nothing. Let's hope we'll get an answer eventually.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned this elsewhere but i'll say it again:

Our Bosmer need to exercise the Rite of Theft

They sneak into ZOS headquarters-preferably in broad daylight on a workday-, steal EVERYTHING, and only give it all back when the devs add back in the good ol' 3m stealth radius. And they would be able to sneak something else over us because we'd detect it!

Do you perchance happen to know where their headquarter is located ? :D
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know folks, I'm actually having more fun on my Bosmer NB now than previously.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hand_Bacon wrote: »
    I don't know folks, I'm actually having more fun on my Bosmer NB now than previously.

You'd have even more fun if we got back our reduced stealth radius:)
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, the only thing I really needed that for was pve solo missions, stealing etc and I can cap that with sets. Sure it can be nice in pvp, but right now I'm enjoying the synergy of the roll dodge bonus with the senche set. Not that its op, its just entertaining.

#AlmostGood@ESO
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know there's Zenimax buildings in Hunt Valley north of Baltimore. Gunpowder Falls/Loch Raven reservoir would be closer bodies of water for Rite of Theft ritual item storage. edit to add: Not that I'm calling for any activities of a less than legal nature.
    Edited by Cundu_Ertur on February 27, 2019 5:33PM
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Night_Wolf2112
    Night_Wolf2112
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that Bosmer are better sentries than thieves it will be difficult to complete the right of theft.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that Bosmer are better sentries than thieves it will be difficult to complete the right of theft.

New Lore! " The Rite of Guarding".
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if we got torches and pitchforks would that be right of arson?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    if we got torches and pitchforks would that be right of arson?

Just unleash Wild hunt on them :D pay rodent extermination service to got 1000 rats and secretly free them in bethesda HQ
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, the only thing I really needed that for was pve solo missions, stealing etc and I can cap that with sets. Sure it can be nice in pvp, but right now I'm enjoying the synergy of the roll dodge bonus with the senche set. Not that its op, its just entertaining.

good for you, but that's not how a lot of us play our bosmer, and for us, lacking that extra stealth is making our bosmers LESS fun.

my bosmer has bag space problems already. being essentially forced into carrying extra sets just to regain what she used to have as baseline? is VEXING.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

good for you, but that's not how a lot of us play our bosmer, and for us, lacking that extra stealth is making our bosmers LESS fun.

my bosmer has bag space problems already. being essentially forced into carrying extra sets just to regain what she used to have as baseline? is VEXING.

Thats not how a lot of people "you know" play.

fixed.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they give out any more information about their visit to Boston for Pax East yet? Specifically what day they will be there?
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Did they give out any more information about their visit to Boston for Pax East yet? Specifically what day they will be there?

Not that I've seen but last year gameplay day was from 1-9 the Saturday of the con , and they also did Saturday at Pax West so that seems a likely day. If I recall correctly they didn't announce it until like the week before.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

Not that I've seen but last year gameplay day was from 1-9 the Saturday of the con , and they also did Saturday at Pax West so that seems a likely day. If I recall correctly they didn't announce it until like the week before.

Thanks!
  • Razorback174
    Razorback174
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any official ZOS dev that can at least acknowledge us and give us some official dialogue here? A "we hear you" at least? Anything?

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler ?

Probably not, but worth a shot.
  • Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    I know there's Zenimax buildings in Hunt Valley north of Baltimore. Gunpowder Falls/Loch Raven reservoir would be closer bodies of water for Rite of Theft ritual item storage. edit to add: Not that I'm calling for any activities of a less than legal nature.

Of course we PLAYERS would do nothing illegal. o:) Our BOSMER though...
    anadandy wrote: »

Yeah! A very eloquent summation of our grievances.

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just in: Valid feedback on the effects of Bosmer passive changes on gameplay now considered "fiction and roleplaying"
    Edited by anadandy on February 28, 2019 1:27AM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You saw they moved that post too, right? And they did not even leave a "Moved to" link in general.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fixed.

what exactly did you fix here? because I'm literally saying us as in people who play bosmer as stealthy thief INCLUDING multiple people in this thread, among other things, i don't know everyone in this thread, but I'm not the only one here specifically talking about playing bosmer as stealthy thief. there is even a post from a person who directly details changes in thieving experience after the patch.

so please. stop. you are not fixing anything, you are being petty becasue you personaly are not negatively affected. but that doesn't change the fact that WE, yes WE are.
    Edited by Linaleah on February 28, 2019 1:38AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been looking into the German forum a bit. There is also some allies there who think Bosmer deserve better. Generally that forum is not very active though it seems. What about reddit? I don't go there, so I wouldn't know.
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fixed.

what exactly did you fix here? because I'm literally saying us as in people who play bosmer as stealthy thief INCLUDING multiple people in this thread, among other things, i don't know everyone in this thread, but I'm not the only one here specifically talking about playing bosmer as stealthy thief. there is even a post from a person who directly details changes in thieving experience after the patch.

so please. stop. you are not fixing anything, you are being petty becasue you personaly are not negatively affected. but that doesn't change the fact that WE, yes WE are.

Just because you claim victim status and generalize your play style (I play stealthy thief too) and claim false solidarity doesn't make you correct or a spokesperson. Fixed again.
    Edited by Hand_Bacon on February 28, 2019 2:04AM
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fixed.

Just because you claim victim status and generalize your play style (I play stealthy thief too) and claim false solidarity doesn't make you correct or a spokesperson. Fixed again.

They have been effected by this change. You generalize your play style as well. They have solidarity with the other posters here. And the only thing YOU are a spokesman for is the TROLL community.

And yet again, you have fixed nothing.

• Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have been effected by this change. You generalize your play style as well. They have solidarity with the other posters here. And the only thing YOU are a spokesman for is the TROLL community.

All who play Bosmer have been affected not just the supposed "they" some just handle it differently. I am not a troll, I just don't see the sky falling or believe in run away hyperbole.

The fact is things change and I'm sorry if this is news to anyone as somebody has failed you. Is it really what happens or how you handle it? Some like the change, some don't. No matter what somebody will not be happy, you just want your group to be the happy group while I say roll with it.

Edited by Hand_Bacon on February 28, 2019 2:21AM
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All who play Bosmer have been affected not just the supposed "they" some just handle it differently. I am not a troll, I just don't see the sky falling or believe in run away hyperbole

It's not hyperbole. People have had their gameplay affected, whether major or minor makes no difference. Just because you either haven't experienced any change or just don't care does not invalidate their experiences.

And saying you "fixed" other people's opinions is trolling.
    Edited by anadandy on February 28, 2019 2:40AM
  • uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a troll, I just don't see the sky falling or believe in run away hyperbole.

The sky is definitely not falling for anyone, Bosmer have gained some great passives from the changes, with a rare case of hardcore regen stackers seeing a loss. Eitherway you aren't trolling, but it is just difficult to deny that the stealth detection passive has turned a situational benefit into an almost entirely wasted stat. That is the primary focal point of the discussion, and something people become very frustrated with, and as you have seen it becomes easy for it to appear that you are accepting this part of the changes like the other segments.
    Al Mualim: Before you go, I have a question for you.
    Altaïr: Of course.
    Al Mualim: What is the truth?
    Altaïr: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.
    Al Mualim: What is the world then?
    Altaïr: An illusion. One which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.
    Al Mualim: What is it to transcend?
    Altaïr: To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All who play Bosmer have been affected not just the supposed "they" some just handle it differently. I am not a troll, I just don't see the sky falling or believe in run away hyperbole.

The fact is things change and I'm sorry if this is news to anyone as somebody has failed you. Is it really what happens or how you handle it? Some like the change, some don't. No matter what somebody will not be happy, you just want your group to be the happy group while I say roll with it.

Currently bosmers are NOT BiS for any class or spec.

Here is a video so you can see.

https://youtu.be/Fy1OYOiOd98

(The numbers are shown at 17:19) Of the six stam classes tested, Bosmers came in last. Falling behind the lead (Dark Elf) by over 2k.

AND Bosmers lost it's stealth bonus to such a degree that Imperials are better at stealth now than Bosmers are.

So not only did Bosmer's lose the "fun" racial that almost everyone here made a bosmer for in the first place. We are still low in dps compared to other races.

But hey! Everything is fine! Right? /sarcasm

And the thing is NONE of us here are asking for a dps boost. We are just asking for the "fun" factor of enhanced stealth that we rolled a bosmer for in the first place, be restored to the race. But somehow, to you, this is bad.

It does not effect dps in trials. It has the same damage anyone else does from stealth in PvP. And not only is it lore appropriate, the lore practically insists on Bosmers being stealthy.

But asking for the one thing that we enjoy be restored (not enhanced beyond what it was) is a problem to you.

Well our problem of getting it restored, is a lot harder then your problem of just not reading this thread.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While you don't believe in hyperbole, I don't believe your relativism and pedanticism will get us anywhere.

I am glad that you are happy (no sarcasm!), but you clearly have your priorities different than most of us (Edit: US HERE ON THE FORUM TALKING IN THIS THREAD), if you can be happy about the changes. And just like Linaleah can't speak for you, you also can't speak for him/her nor the people he/she can speak for. So I would ask you to stop assuming the authority to correct him/her when there are clearly at least 3 people that agree with him/her enough to legitimize the use of the word "we". That is not the purpose of this thread after all.

The way the lore is being treated when ZOS said that they want to respect it is nothing to be happy about in my opinion.
    Whether the old passive was strong, weak, engaging or even noticeable doesn't matter in this context. We want something that nods at Bosmer being stealthy. That can be something as weak and meaningless as 5% improved pickpocketing chance or something arguably overpowered like 10% damage from stealth.
    If ZOS had never given stealth boni to races, then some of us probably wouldn't be complaining since stealth wouldn't be expressed in racial passives in this game, just like nobody is complaining that Bosmer don't all have cover in Elder Scrolls Legends. But there is a precedent in ESO and there is no justification for the removal of all stealth racial boni to Bosmer.
    It could be fixed so easily and costs ZOS (almost) no cent!
This discussion has been closed.