The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wood Elf/ Bosmer losing stealth passive, An open letter.

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not happy with hiding like everyone else. Heck, that's what we have now. No. Bosmer are supposed to be extraordinaire in stealth.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

We have removed a few post for baiting or otherwise inappropriate or nonconstructive commentary.

Please remember to keep conversations constructive and civil in the future and please take a moment to review our Community Rules Here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Greetings,

We are venting frequently due to the frustration of this end result that has given Bosmer a 99% pointless sub passive and a 30% pointless sub passive compared to the passives of other races.

Please remember that there is almost no explanation from the devs on the actuality of this racial change and how it is universally applicable, and that eventually the playerbase that picked a Bosmer will either need a proper explanation or to have this detection radius increase changed into a passive that actually has an effect in play, contributing to your original goal of finding "UNIVERSAL APPLICABILITY". The community will continue to express serious frustration until one of these goals are properly met.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Al Mualim: Before you go, I have a question for you.
    Altaïr: Of course.
    Al Mualim: What is the truth?
    Altaïr: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.
    Al Mualim: What is the world then?
    Altaïr: An illusion. One which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.
    Al Mualim: What is it to transcend?
    Altaïr: To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those interested, this is from the previous class rep session:

"Reps specifically asked about the community’s concern that bosmers are trading stealth for different buffs. We were told that ZOS saw these concerns and would work on creating more options/systems for stealth gameplay outside of race. With these additions, stealth gameplay will open up to more players, and also allow bosmers to have the nice combat buff will still having avenues to be as stealthy as before."

Make of it what you will.

While that would be greatly appreciated, it is still not right to remove stealth from Bosmer. Give them bonus XP to legerdemain. Give them ANYTHING that nods at them being thieves and sneaky. Khajiit have improved pickpocketing and improved sneaking. An update to legerdemain might improve thievery, but it does not address the issue at hand.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Gibgarde wrote: »
    And at this point, I think the thing people are most upset about is the silence regarding what seems to be one of the biggest controversies in the game right now. (See: Most pages of any thread circulating the General Discussion right now). If the Brassy Assassin can get a "heads up, this is the deal", why can't we? Talk to us, PLEASE.

This is so true for me. I am probably more angry at the pathetic "explanation" in the patch notes than I am about the actual change right now. It basically boils down into a bunch of nonsensical PR speak.

Post a bug about AP loot dropping nirnhorned items? Zos responds in a nanonsecond.

Weeks of clear, concise and reasonable feedback about the Bosmer change: *crickets*

Hey, ZOS, every time I detect a hidden enemy in PVE I get either a potent nirncrux or hakeijo rune. Is that expected?
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    While that would be greatly appreciated, it is still not right to remove stealth from Bosmer. Give them bonus XP to legerdemain. Give them ANYTHING that nods at them being thieves and sneaky. Khajiit have improved pickpocketing and improved sneaking. An update to legerdemain might improve thievery, but it does not address the issue at hand.

Agreed, I'm repeating myself but if "something is coming" is the reason - then Why just Bosmer? And of all the stealth related things they could have given us in return - stealth detection is the best they could come up with.

Oh yeah, and I've been getting free crown store items every time I use Stealth Detect.... ;)

Edited by anadandy on February 27, 2019 1:51AM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mentioned this before, but what I don't like is the "We'll fix it later" tone to Developer comment. The "fix" should have been with this patch, not some future one.

Also when is the question now. Is it with Elsweyr? Is it two years from now?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And one other concern, right now Kahjits and Imperials have bonuses to their stealth. Will we be able to catch up? Or will they always have an advantage now.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the Z and almost had a heart attack of “Senpai noticed me??”

Then crushing disappointment when it was just moderation. No offense @ZOS_RikardD
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Then crushing disappointment when it was just moderation. No offense @ZOS_RikardD

I had the same reaction! :D

• BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those interested, this is from the previous class rep session:

"Reps specifically asked about the community’s concern that bosmers are trading stealth for different buffs. We were told that ZOS saw these concerns and would work on creating more options/systems for stealth gameplay outside of race. With these additions, stealth gameplay will open up to more players, and also allow bosmers to have the nice combat buff will still having avenues to be as stealthy as before."

Make of it what you will.

:s
    The only thing I feel that really says is "We're not giving Bosmer back their Stealth passive, but we'll try to cram some second rate passive in a skill line in an upcoming DLC or something to shut you all up."

I'm sorry but I'm really bitter about the change. Since Beta, my main character, a Bosmer, has been built around stealth and sneaking as thief / assassin. I was even more in love when the TG & DB packs were released. Every time she managed to sneak past someone, Blade of Woe someone or pickpocket, virtually on top of them, I would revel in how awesome it was.
    Now she just feels wrong, lacking, and I really hate it.

She isn't physically useless or destroyed or whatever, but she feels less than what she was, to me, and for the first time in five years I don't want to play with her. Just for trading stealth to a couple of freaking stupid passives that no one asked for, and are next to useless in PvE, which is a massive chunk of the game.

Edited by BlueViolet on February 27, 2019 6:31AM
    EU / NA / PC
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypherioth wrote: »
    I realy dont understand whats to complain? You got way more sustain as before with bosmer. You got more stam as before with bosmer. Im sure this is better then the out of stealth extra dmg. Btw its better that this is class only. Don't want other class to have stealth dmg benefits while NB is the supposed stealth class. Also this racial gave NB a bit to much power from stealth.

Because we made the decisions to be bosmer not based on wanting a stam build with sustain (there's redguard who was always better at that anyway) but rather for stealth gameplay (PVE) or gank snipers in PVP, these changes remove our effectiveness at doing these things, giving us an entirely different playstyle doesn't help, because we didn't make these characters for that playstyle. This is like going to an auto dealership, and buying a truck because you wanted something that could carry stuff and had a hitch that could tow your boat, but one day the dealership comes by and swaps your truck with a sports car and tells you to be happy with it because now your car is faster... but it can't tow your boat very well, it's got almost NO trunk space, and only seats 2.. Of course we're going to focus on the negative, because the positive doesn't suit our original purposes and we still want those purposes, and some of us don't want to replace our Ford with a Chevy to do it so no we don't want to reroll Khajiit. *** furries.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude they don't even answer when you directly message them about the subject. You just get a wall of silence. They don't give a *** about their players. They just smugly assume they know what's best and expect us to keep paying. Please tell me you've all cancelled your subs and Elsweyr pre-orders on top of being vocal. Vote with your wallet. Only if enough disatisfied players do that will they actually listen.
  • Night_Wolf2112
    Night_Wolf2112
    ✭✭✭✭
    All ZoS is communicating is. . . a TOTAL disregard for a concerned player group. The silence is so loud it's deafening!

You would think us Bosmer players could detect you guys sooner since you are constantly acting in stealth!
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All ZoS is communicating is. . . a TOTAL disregard for a concerned player group. The silence is so loud it's deafening!

You would think us Bosmer players could detect you guys sooner since you are constantly acting in stealth!

Maybe they're afraid of bosmer players ganking them who knows.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oy.... I have Bosmers.... none of them are "sneak thieves" or use stealth. I don't.... play that particular thing.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Oy.... I have Bosmers.... none of them are "sneak thieves" or use stealth. I don't.... play that particular thing.

Well good for you but we rolled Bosmers for being sneak thieves and they took that away from us bait and switch.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve already explained it in terms anyone can understand. If a Star Trek game took intellect away from Vulcans after 5 years (and 5 previous games worth of history), Trekkies would be rightfully upset. Even if you made your Vulcan to be a Pon Farr Gladiator and not a scientist, it doesn’t negate that the whole story/fantasy universe has had a defining trait for that race for years.
    Edited by max_only on February 27, 2019 5:20AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will not be changing my Bosmer thief/assassin into a Khajiit. If I'd wanted him to be a Khajiit I would've made him one in the first place. It doesn't fit the character.

I just won't be playing him anymore. That means I also won't be making any more impulse buys for him from the Crown Store.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I will not be changing my Bosmer thief/assassin into a Khajiit. If I'd wanted him to be a Khajiit I would've made him one in the first place. It doesn't fit the character.

I just won't be playing him anymore. That means I also won't be making any more impulse buys for him from the Crown Store.

Be sure to cancel your sub too, and get a refund on Elsweyr. If they refuse to refund it tell them you'll contact your bank and report it as a fraudulent charge, they'll start working on it then.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arato wrote: »

Be sure to cancel your sub too, and get a refund on Elsweyr. If they refuse to refund it tell them you'll contact your bank and report it as a fraudulent charge, they'll start working on it then.

I wish I could get the money back for the second half of my 6 month of eso+ I bought 2.5 months ago.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

I wish I could get the money back for the second half of my 6 month of eso+ I bought 2.5 months ago.

Yeah I wish I could get refunded on this last month they only billed me 2 days ago.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could a separate passive set be for PVP be a solution? Or the passives be dual in nature, in the way that you have values that apply only for PVP and PVE exclusively?
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is like going to an auto dealership, and buying a truck because you wanted something that could carry stuff and had a hitch that could tow your boat, but one day the dealership comes by and swaps your truck with a sports car and tells you to be happy with it because now your car is faster... but it can't tow your boat very well, it's got almost NO trunk space, and only seats 2..

But hey, at least it's brand new. Why would you even want to keep that 5 years old truck anyway ?

I swear, that's the kind of answer I had on several occasions in some threads.
    Edited by Uryel on February 27, 2019 9:52AM
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve already explained it in terms anyone can understand. If a Star Trek game took intellect away from Vulcans after 5 years (and 5 previous games worth of history), Trekkies would be rightfully upset. Even if you made your Vulcan to be a Pon Farr Gladiator and not a scientist, it doesn’t negate that the whole story/fantasy universe has had a defining trait for that race for years.

That works with making Klingon pacifists; Hermione Granger a pureblood sorceress ; Legolas an amazing swordsman; Samwise Gamegie a great army commander ; giving Saitama some sort of kryptonite ; changing Flash's ability to teleportation, and so on...
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could a separate passive set be for PVP be a solution? Or the passives be dual in nature, in the way that you have values that apply only for PVP and PVE exclusively?

Technically, that's perfectly possible. The game already knows when you are in a PvP area or not, as it won't let you summon the banker assistant in Cyrodiil, for instance. It's just not ZOS' will to do it, it seems.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That would definitely placate *me* but I would have no intention of playing a dedicated thief made as a source of income in Cyrodiil, which I believe would annoy Zenimax as it seems to be their ultimate goal that Everyone Must Play Both And If You Don't Want To We'll Make You Sorry.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course that “We’ll fix it later” comment they made also raises the possibility that they may never fix it. Not that they had no intention to, but the “fix” may go the way of “spell crafting”.

I was hoping they were going to have a eso live show addressing all of the race changes, either during the pts or this week. I guess that was just wishful thinking as well.
  • Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned this elsewhere but i'll say it again:

Our Bosmer need to exercise the Rite of Theft

They sneak into ZOS headquarters-preferably in broad daylight on a workday-, steal EVERYTHING, and only give it all back when the devs add back in the good ol' 3m stealth radius. And they would be able to sneak something else over us because we'd detect it!
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They sneak into ZOS headquarters-preferably in broad daylight on a workday-, steal EVERYTHING, and only give it all back when the devs add back in the good ol' 3m stealth radius. And they would be able to sneak something else over us because we'd detect it!

We'll steal one of them, if they don't give back our stealth we eats it whole:)
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or just steal it all and dump it in the Potomac
    Edited by Arato on February 27, 2019 3:58PM
This discussion has been closed.