The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Wood Elf/ Bosmer losing stealth passive, An open letter.

  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned this elsewhere but i'll say it again:

    Our Bosmer need to exercise the Rite of Theft

    They sneak into ZOS headquarters-preferably in broad daylight on a workday-, steal EVERYTHING, and only give it all back when the devs add back in the good ol' 3m stealth radius. And they would be able to sneak something else over us because we'd detect it!

    Do you perchance happen to know where their headquarter is located ? :D
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know folks, I'm actually having more fun on my Bosmer NB now than previously.
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd have even more fun if we got back our reduced stealth radius:)

    Maybe, the only thing I really needed that for was pve solo missions, stealing etc and I can cap that with sets. Sure it can be nice in pvp, but right now I'm enjoying the synergy of the roll dodge bonus with the senche set. Not that its op, its just entertaining.

  • Night_Wolf2112
    Night_Wolf2112
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that Bosmer are better sentries than thieves it will be difficult to complete the right of theft.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if we got torches and pitchforks would that be right of arson?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

    good for you, but that's not how a lot of us play our bosmer, and for us, lacking that extra stealth is making our bosmers LESS fun.

    my bosmer has bag space problems already. being essentially forced into carrying extra sets just to regain what she used to have as baseline? is VEXING.

    Thats not how a lot of people "you know" play.

    fixed.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they give out any more information about their visit to Boston for Pax East yet? Specifically what day they will be there?
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Did they give out any more information about their visit to Boston for Pax East yet? Specifically what day they will be there?

    Not that I've seen but last year gameplay day was from 1-9 the Saturday of the con , and they also did Saturday at Pax West so that seems a likely day. If I recall correctly they didn't announce it until like the week before.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Did they give out any more information about their visit to Boston for Pax East yet? Specifically what day they will be there?

    Not that I've seen but last year gameplay day was from 1-9 the Saturday of the con , and they also did Saturday at Pax West so that seems a likely day. If I recall correctly they didn't announce it until like the week before.

    Thanks!
  • Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    I know there's Zenimax buildings in Hunt Valley north of Baltimore. Gunpowder Falls/Loch Raven reservoir would be closer bodies of water for Rite of Theft ritual item storage. edit to add: Not that I'm calling for any activities of a less than legal nature.

    Of course we PLAYERS would do nothing illegal. o:) Our BOSMER though...
    anadandy wrote: »

    Yeah! A very eloquent summation of our grievances.

  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just in: Valid feedback on the effects of Bosmer passive changes on gameplay now considered "fiction and roleplaying"
    Edited by anadandy on February 28, 2019 1:27AM
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Hand_Bacon wrote: »
    Linaleah wrote: »

    good for you, but that's not how a lot of us play our bosmer, and for us, lacking that extra stealth is making our bosmers LESS fun.

    my bosmer has bag space problems already. being essentially forced into carrying extra sets just to regain what she used to have as baseline? is VEXING.

    Thats not how a lot of people "you know" play.

    fixed.

    what exactly did you fix here? because I'm literally saying us as in people who play bosmer as stealthy thief INCLUDING multiple people in this thread, among other things, i don't know everyone in this thread, but I'm not the only one here specifically talking about playing bosmer as stealthy thief. there is even a post from a person who directly details changes in thieving experience after the patch.

    so please. stop. you are not fixing anything, you are being petty becasue you personaly are not negatively affected. but that doesn't change the fact that WE, yes WE are.

    Just because you claim victim status and generalize your play style (I play stealthy thief too) and claim false solidarity doesn't make you correct or a spokesperson. Fixed again.
    Edited by Hand_Bacon on February 28, 2019 2:04AM
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

    They have been effected by this change. You generalize your play style as well. They have solidarity with the other posters here. And the only thing YOU are a spokesman for is the TROLL community.

    And yet again, you have fixed nothing.

    All who play Bosmer have been affected not just the supposed "they" some just handle it differently. I am not a troll, I just don't see the sky falling or believe in run away hyperbole.

    The fact is things change and I'm sorry if this is news to anyone as somebody has failed you. Is it really what happens or how you handle it? Some like the change, some don't. No matter what somebody will not be happy, you just want your group to be the happy group while I say roll with it.

    Edited by Hand_Bacon on February 28, 2019 2:21AM
This discussion has been closed.