Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, the trailer was epic. Really loved it, way more than Summerset's.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God no, Q1 and Q3 are dungeon DLCs...
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAHAHAHAH Necromancy is actually tied into the justice system!

Guess all the "lore whining" wasn't so ridiculous after all!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there you have it, Necromancer's will create justice reactions! This is awesome.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the teasing for spellcrafting, and that tablet is just a macguffin.

As predicted. The Daedric Prince of Trolls.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    All the teasing for spellcrafting, and that tablet is just a macguffin.

As predicted. The Daedric Prince of Trolls.

Well, there is some "juicy" stuff going to be announced on E3 so it's not off the table yet... (haha *sad face*).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

What did you expect.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Everything they mentioned in twitch is awesome. Justice response to Necromancers is great. Hope we get spellcrafting soon.
    Edited by kirgeo on January 15, 2019 10:50PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »

What did you expect.

That they're not as lazy as last year and step up their game. Instead we get two lame dungeon DLCs + less Chapter features than in Summerset or Morrowind.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's the prisoner? Related to Murkmire? (because of the argonians)
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the breton guy from initial trailers. Looks like he became a vestige just like the nord, and the zombie we saw him to be in part 3 trailer was just this, zombie. And now he's out of Coldharbour much like we did.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »

What did you expect.

That they're not as lazy as last year and step up their game. Instead we get two lame dungeon DLCs + less Chapter features than in Summerset or Morrowind.

But that would require them spend more money on that.

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the (undead) Daggerfall Covenant hero from the "ESO Classic" trailers. You know there were the Nord, the High Elf Lady and the Breton. Except he's been killed and turned undead now. It seems.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭

Watch the original ESO trailers - The Alliances Cinematic Trailer and The Three Fates Cinematic Trailer

• Kingdaboss123
    Kingdaboss123
    ✭✭✭
    I'am saying it now the breton is cadwell, After his soul is restored too him.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    What strikes me is that

Dragons + Elsweyr + Necromancy

sounds so weird. I mean Dragons in Elsweyr? Why? Getting a tan or what? And then Necromancy?

Right now we lack almost every bit of information but it sounds like a really weird cocktail of ingredients to work in the end. I have to agree with @Dracane on this except for the Elsweyr part. Dragons and Necromancy very much sound like the most obvious choice to generate cash, just Skyrim as a new zone would have brought more to that table.

Don't get me wrong. I too would like to see Elsweyr. It's in fact the area that would most please me at the moment.
    But the combination of as you said, Elsweyr+Dragons+Necromancy screams aggressive purse assault to me.

ZoS found ways for Ayleids to be in Blackmarsh, Imperials to be in blackmarsh (which was never known before). It's new information, but it's not entirely impossible. You can set up everything to fit your agenda and without rewriting the lore. But that doesn't mean that you should. Dragons in Elsweyr is OBVIOUSLY a tool to attract buyers, nothting else.

Lol, some players can never be happy for anything.

Agreed.
    He must be fun at parties. 🤣🤣😋😋
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What strikes me is that

Dragons + Elsweyr + Necromancy

sounds so weird. I mean Dragons in Elsweyr? Why? Getting a tan or what? And then Necromancy?

Right now we lack almost every bit of information but it sounds like a really weird cocktail of ingredients to work in the end. I have to agree with @Dracane on this except for the Elsweyr part. Dragons and Necromancy very much sound like the most obvious choice to generate cash, just Skyrim as a new zone would have brought more to that table.

Don't get me wrong. I too would like to see Elsweyr. It's in fact the area that would most please me at the moment.
    But the combination of as you said, Elsweyr+Dragons+Necromancy screams aggressive purse assault to me.

ZoS found ways for Ayleids to be in Blackmarsh, Imperials to be in blackmarsh (which was never known before). It's new information, but it's not entirely impossible. You can set up everything to fit your agenda and without rewriting the lore. But that doesn't mean that you should. Dragons in Elsweyr is OBVIOUSLY a tool to attract buyers, nothting else.

Lol, some players can never be happy for anything.

Agreed.
    He must be fun at parties. 🤣🤣😋😋

You would never encounter me on parties. If, then I would be a grim figure in the most isolated corner, in dark sorceress robes, nicely drinking my glass of soda free water.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I am not impressed at all. I feel like they didn't know what to add in this whole chapter to make it seems cool so they added dragons in hopes of stirring up the dragon hype that skyrim had.
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    Cardthief wrote: »
    Im sorry to say, but she betrayed our boi Darien, she has to pay, even if we have to force our way into the Colored Rooms and confront her.

Darien will be saved, or avenged, as they say, bros before Daedric ***.

If they won't let us save him fast, like this year fast, I will be seriously disappointed.
    They are already pretty much killed his chance for a wider fanbase with his disappearance at the end of base game and then keeping it all in a secret for 4 whole years. And all this while characters from other alliances like Naryu and Raz, people who are not exactly your best friends and won't sacrifice their best interests for you or even lives, get all the promotion and attention.
    I get it, a lot of people do not find him to be a good character, or character for their tastes. Or don't feel that he's now according to the story the closest thing or person that protagonist can get to be like them in terms of 'daedric entity with mortal's morals'. But it's no less cruel on the side of ZOS doing this to a character. In the end, all drama will work for us small amount of people, who kept waiting no matter what, and the others will just go 'excuse me wat who is this guy'.

Huh, I was always under the impression that Darien, like Naryu and Raz, was very popular. At least from personal experience everyone I know who plays ESO loves him.
    (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    stop it with "spears" already. What's the point to it? An axe but pointy tip? A dagger on a stick? What a lame dumb weapon seriously. As much as i hate the "unarmed" idea, it's better than this spear thing. One hand and rune tied with other spells of school like alteration illusion etc, is the only logical thing to be added.

Its because spears used to be a big thing in previous Elder Scrolls titles. you also have to understand that they are not simply "axes with a pointy tip", spears/quarterstaves/halberds are all jabbing/puncturing weapons. If they were ever added they would have new animations, a new weapon line for those weapons, and, like any other weapon implementation, it would be something fresh.

Also, a big thing with a lot of people is to have a monk-like playstyle, and quarterstaves/spears or unarmed are pretty much the closest they could get to that.
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭

Its been the same format for the past 2 years, and IMO its pretty nice, as an endgame PvE player 4 new Group Dungeons are a welcome sight (the Wolfhunter DLC last year was pretty great), 1 expansion which adds a full zone and a class, and then finally 1 story zone for the added lore/exploration fix.
    Edited by Cardthief on January 16, 2019 3:53PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    When I got Morrowind, I created warden.
    I didn't like warden, but I liked character. She was nice. After Summerset - with no new class there - I deleted and recreated her as sorc.
    She loves all necromantic things. She has two skeletal pets and undead horse. She has all craft 50, except jewellery (~40), and just few days ago she finally reached 50 lvl...
    DAMN.

Let's hope it's just a skill line and not a new class! UNLESS....they give us class change tokens as well! And AT LEAST one free one with the purchase of the chapter!

Why not just sell max level characters in the crown store with all skills maxed and all the skyshards collected?

I honestly wouldn't care if they did.

Oh you dont mind paying out the rear end for things just as long as its not in a Crown Crate. P2W good, crate of consumables bad.

I don't care if people choose to purchase something for a straight price. A leveled character is a far cry from P2W. Odds are they won't know how to play it and will spend almost as much time learning it as they would by leveling. It confers no advantage other players cannot have. It probably doesn't even save any time.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    OMG that purified senche kitty mount. I MUST HAVE!

• IamElayne
    IamElayne
    Soul Shriven
    Faulgor wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Not only lore, but all sanity.
    I have mostly defended ESO's lore, as I find it enriching for the most part. But this update is clearly meant to please cows and whales. Because they have been asking for necromancy and Elsweyr since years and dragons would be a welcome nostalgia for them. I am fairly sure that true fans will find this rather questionable.

Yea. I guess I'll have to wait and see how they implement it all. By the wording alone, it doesn't look good.

I wouldn't mind too much if it was a necromancy skill line. Because 5 active abilities can hardly break immersion as much as 15 abilities can. But the very idea that they consider adding another class, where the last one was and still is a disaster and general class balance is still shocking......

I don't see how they plan to make 3 skill lines themed around necromancy that are distinct from other classes, especially Sorcerers. Wardens have been portrayed as a support class from the beginning, but I fail to see what the appeal of Necromancers is supposed to be outside of undead pets.
    ... They are going to be everywhere like Warden bears were in the beginning, won't they? Sigh.

I actually really like my warden. I found her really fun to play and is great support ( such as you mentioned ). She was also great for soloing. Not sure why people are hating on them so much. I mean, if they sucked so much wouldn't we see no one playing them? As far as I can tell there are a lot still running around. I think having a new class isn't bad. People are always complaining that there isn't enough classes, that there are only the main genre classes we see everywhere. ESO found a way to take subclasses and make them classes, and now people complain that they don't like more classes. People ate silly lol but you hit the nail on the head about the pets lol skeleton zombie pets, skeleton zombie pets as far as the eye can see lol
  • Dalitrox
    Dalitrox
    Yvarhna wrote: »
    OMG that purified senche kitty mount. I MUST HAVE!

If you bought pre-order Elsweyr than you will get it when it will be realesed.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gronk wrote: »
    Great so we go to cat land to rescue dragons from cats. Cats who hired necromancers to guard them while they steal from the Dragons.

Never trust that which does not blink and hides your stuff.

will the necro class be more stronk than the warden? Or moar nerft than the warden? Will it need summerset skillz?

No this one has learned the lessons of paywall classes.Good for a few PTS iterations and a month of OP gets the cash flowing in. Followed by Nerfs,

so Catland, dragons and undertakers. Wow jumping the shark on the lore.

No thanks.
    I dont have to be here you know

To much spoiler