The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    unknown.png

I think the new dragon icon will bring a new types of events on world map and it will looks like that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esASGhAx2eI

Its not just only a world boss, but its huge event which u cant even start if there no will be a minium players number and u cant will solo it

I really really hope huge events are replacing the Dolmens / Geysirs in Elsweyr.

Events you say? Yes. Like this:

https://youtu.be/Ls8zE66rRHg

https://youtu.be/nIT2frvk2kg

Guild Wars 2 implemented huge Dragon encounters in the open world perfectly.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • dogman
    dogman
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno . Okay, yes, many of us are excited about necromancers. HOWEVER if you intend to give necromancers UNDEAD MINIONS (aka pets, zombies, skeletons, etc) for the love of all that is holy MAKE THE GUARDS ATTACK THEM IN CITIES!!! Please, please, PLEASE do NOT allow them to just casually shamble through without anyone noticing anything. In fact ALSO have the townie NPCs attack OR run away in fear, raising the alarm AND have merchants refuse to deal with the necromancer. Have entering a town with minions up INCUR AN INSTANT KOS BOUNTY. Seriously. Don't destroy what little semblance of logic this game actually has.

OK, deal, but Sorc pets get the same treatment. And if your bear gets too close to a shop keeper, him too. Also, your skeletal pet? Yeah, bounty too.

how the hell do you guys not see the irony?
    i'm just tryna have a good time
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think necromancers will be literal as in you need a dead corpse to cast a spell on or just conjure a portal and see what pops out?? How they implement it will be interesting
  • Dalitrox
    Dalitrox
    WOW!!! It will be amazing! How long I was (and probably others) waiting for Elsweyr quests/chapter in ESO. Finally I have a great material for a film. Great news!
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy every chapter the devs put out and I love my Khajiit, Necromancer does sound cool, hope it has a very daedric skill line to it. Everything else has a very mages guild aspect to it and that is boring as hell.
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    It looks good and I feel pretty exited! I love playing necromancers in games, so this will be no exception.
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    I think that @Robo_Hobo made a good prediction in this thread.
    You will probably level the Necromancy skill line much like the Soul Magic skill line during the main quest in Elsweyr while Abnur Tharn accompanies you.

Personally I would have loved a new dark zone in High Rock, Hammerfell or Skyrim and the introduction of a 'One Hand and Magic' skill line or a Dark Souls themed class.

Do you think they will reuse the necromancer skills that some enemies already use? Like the skeleton hand grab for example?
    Edited by Goren on January 6, 2019 6:35PM
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    ZoS found ways for Ayleids to be in Blackmarsh, Imperials to be in blackmarsh (which was never known before). It's new information, but it's not entirely impossible. You can set up everything to fit your agenda and without rewriting the lore. But that doesn't mean that you should.
    Imperial and Barsaebic presence in Black Marsh is old lore.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like I said in another post, doesn't matter what they do with necromancer. It won't live up to players dreams and it'll be torn apart (even if it's the most balanced class ever... won't matter)
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    People realise there are dragons in this era?

They just mostly died or went into hiding. So why are they suddenly attacking Elsweyr?

Khajiit stole their sweetroll. 🤣😂
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am too happy to be critical . ESO does great PvE . This will be awesome .
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturnana wrote: »
    dragon.png?width=960&height=236
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    What an odd looking dragon, looks like a Murkmire mount

Dragons came to Elsweyr, found the Kagouti irresistible..... and the rest is history!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The story will probably be centered around something caused the dragons to react, forced their hands.

EDIT- My guess? Abnur found out some are still alive and a few are hiding in Khajiit land (thanks to his relative) so what a way to get the war in Cyrodiil to end then to have dragons on your side. (of course it blows up in his face)
    Edited by OtarTheMad on January 6, 2019 6:46PM
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg this is sooo good my hype levels are throught the roof!! Thank you ZOS for always listening to your community, that for sure will keep you around for a long while :smile:

In regards to lore and whatnot I think it's time people realize ESO has to be more than a nostalgia run. It's time to think outside the box and make truly unique marks on ES lore not just follow it blindlessly. I'm very glad and hyped with this datamine!

#ESOFAM don't stop! Keep the ideas flowing !!! We gotta work for what we want for future chapters!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Super excited!!! :)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Elswyer sounds great but we don't need another class at this point in time I hope its a skill line

This right here. I've enjoyed the Psijic skill line and would be happy to get a necromancy skill line to use with a couple of my other existing characters. If it IS a new class though... ZOS the time for the much asked for class change token will have arrived.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Elswyer sounds great but we don't need another class at this point in time I hope its a skill line

This right here. I've enjoyed the Psijic skill line and would be happy to get a necromancy skill line to use with a couple of my other existing characters. If it IS a new class though... ZOS the time for the much asked for class change token will have arrived.

Rumor is there is a Class Change Token in the works, but it's only available in Crown Crates.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    The story will probably be centered around something caused the dragons to react, forced their hands.

EDIT- My guess? Abnur found out some are still alive and a few are hiding in Khajiit land (thanks to his relative) so what a way to get the war in Cyrodiil to end then to have dragons on your side. (of course it blows up in his face)

But the Imperials / Molag Bal worshippers already commanded Daedric Titans, which were fashioned after Dragons. Not sure what more they could want.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

But the Imperials / Molag Bal worshippers already commanded Daedric Titans, which were fashioned after Dragons. Not sure what more they could want.

Abnur helped Molag Bal be defeated so it's no wonder why he'd want the Imperials back on track with separating themselves from the Molag Bal cults and also to get dragons to help his cause.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMFG !!!!! I'm loosing it ! If this is true I'm so freaking happy !! Necromancer !!!
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dogman wrote: »
    ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno . Okay, yes, many of us are excited about necromancers. HOWEVER if you intend to give necromancers UNDEAD MINIONS (aka pets, zombies, skeletons, etc) for the love of all that is holy MAKE THE GUARDS ATTACK THEM IN CITIES!!! Please, please, PLEASE do NOT allow them to just casually shamble through without anyone noticing anything. In fact ALSO have the townie NPCs attack OR run away in fear, raising the alarm AND have merchants refuse to deal with the necromancer. Have entering a town with minions up INCUR AN INSTANT KOS BOUNTY. Seriously. Don't destroy what little semblance of logic this game actually has.

OK, deal, but Sorc pets get the same treatment. And if your bear gets too close to a shop keeper, him too. Also, your skeletal pet? Yeah, bounty too.

how the hell do you guys not see the irony?

Wow, way to assume you know my thoughts. Firstly, it is well known and accepted that sorcerers can summon and control daedric creatures. Nor is this considered an evil practice. It is not a desecration of the honored dead as necromancy is but rather an enslavement of a creature that would otherwise be capable of acting against the inhabitants of Nirn. Secondly, I DO and ALWAYS HAVE felt that normal people should be uneasy when they see such creatures. After all, who is to say they might not break free and start creating havoc? I would personally be perfectly okay with having them be banned in cities and merchants refusing to deal with a sorcerer who is in the company of such a potentially dangerous creature. I was fully on board with the original intent of the justice system that had planned to make it so guards would react negatively towards Stage 4 vampires and transformed werewolves as well. Bring it all on I say!

Now, don't you feel a little silly? ;)

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.
    Bring it on! All this stuff sounds too fun.

And this is exactly how cows and whales would comment. Which just confirms my original theory, that you would be very pleased by all of this.

Lul, sorry, I'm not very milkable actually when it comes to games xD
    I just realize that lore is a one or couple guys' fantasy and anything can happen in the imaginary world.

Well, this "one or couple guys" fantasy as you call it is over 25 years in the making, and yes very "historical" in content.
    You obviously don't understand the Elder Scrolls universe, so here is a little history lesson TES style......
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/tamriel-timeline

Lets please necro all the TONS of threads of how Dragons ARE NOT seen in this time line. Dragons, and only one won't be seen for 300 years and their return wont happen for 900 years...
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon flying mount hype
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I got Morrowind, I created warden.
    I didn't like warden, but I liked character. She was nice. After Summerset - with no new class there - I deleted and recreated her as sorc.
    She loves all necromantic things. She has two skeletal pets and undead horse. She has all craft 50, except jewellery (~40), and just few days ago she finally reached 50 lvl...
    DAMN.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Ravereth
    Ravereth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    (...)

- New class: Necromancer

(...)

3a7a1815c2e6f97d5c429ab40cff2319.gif
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no mini trial
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no shame in admiting that I will never get bored of dragons. Specially if they talk cool like in D&D or TES. :relieved:

• Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Necromancer :heart:

You must be so excited right now haha so am I :p
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they just made the announcement for the Chapter III reveal. The official announcement of Elsweyr is coming January 15th.

Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55495

Everybody, this almost confirms all the datamined stuff in this thread.

HYPE!
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 6, 2019 7:35PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    When I got Morrowind, I created warden.
    I didn't like warden, but I liked character. She was nice. After Summerset - with no new class there - I deleted and recreated her as sorc.
    She loves all necromantic things. She has two skeletal pets and undead horse. She has all craft 50, except jewellery (~40), and just few days ago she finally reached 50 lvl...
    DAMN.

Let's hope it's just a skill line and not a new class! UNLESS....they give us class change tokens as well! And AT LEAST one free one with the purchase of the chapter!