The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the zone DLC after Elsweyr is County Skingrad and the Colovian Highlands. Would like to see another DB/Thieves Guild style DLC but with Vampire Lords. I hope the rest of Skyrim gets a huge chapter with all the remaining holds in one persistent zone.
    Edited by Fata1moose on January 6, 2019 10:09PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    When I got Morrowind, I created warden.
    I didn't like warden, but I liked character. She was nice. After Summerset - with no new class there - I deleted and recreated her as sorc.
    She loves all necromantic things. She has two skeletal pets and undead horse. She has all craft 50, except jewellery (~40), and just few days ago she finally reached 50 lvl...
    DAMN.

Let's hope it's just a skill line and not a new class! UNLESS....they give us class change tokens as well! And AT LEAST one free one with the purchase of the chapter!

Why not just sell max level characters in the crown store with all skills maxed and all the skyshards collected?

I honestly wouldn't care if they did.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love how the NO DRAGONS~!!!1 crowd keeps touting that 'it breaks lore' philosophy as if they're the writers of it. It's Tamriel, Dragons exist in it, for the world map to be filled up and NOT contain some dragons would be lore breaking or can you not see that far?

And the we don't need a new class crowd.. I don't know about the rest of you but my character list is full of stale 50s.. am I really gonna play a character I am already kinda bored with and fully geared out on 10x over just to unlock yet another meh skill line and then try to figure out where to stick its skills? Nope, I would rather play something else with something new to do.

*hops on his Lightning/Lava/Ice/Dwemer/Atronach/Zombie/Bone/Vine/Argonian/Translucent/Psijic Senche and rides off*
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on January 6, 2019 11:50PM
    love is love
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    When I got Morrowind, I created warden.
    I didn't like warden, but I liked character. She was nice. After Summerset - with no new class there - I deleted and recreated her as sorc.
    She loves all necromantic things. She has two skeletal pets and undead horse. She has all craft 50, except jewellery (~40), and just few days ago she finally reached 50 lvl...
    DAMN.

Let's hope it's just a skill line and not a new class! UNLESS....they give us class change tokens as well! And AT LEAST one free one with the purchase of the chapter!

Why not just sell max level characters in the crown store with all skills maxed and all the skyshards collected?

I honestly wouldn't care if they did.

Oh you dont mind paying out the rear end for things just as long as its not in a Crown Crate. P2W good, crate of consumables bad.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woot, time to level a New Stamina and Magicka toon of a class.

• neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragon's = jarrin root-most powerfull poison is made from this and is part of ES Lore already.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerboa <3
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno . Okay, yes, many of us are excited about necromancers. HOWEVER if you intend to give necromancers UNDEAD MINIONS (aka pets, zombies, skeletons, etc) for the love of all that is holy MAKE THE GUARDS ATTACK THEM IN CITIES!!! Please, please, PLEASE do NOT allow them to just casually shamble through without anyone noticing anything. In fact ALSO have the townie NPCs attack OR run away in fear, raising the alarm AND have merchants refuse to deal with the necromancer. Have entering a town with minions up INCUR AN INSTANT KOS BOUNTY. Seriously. Don't destroy what little semblance of logic this game actually has.

ZOS didn't set it up that Stage 4 Vampires are KOS or Attacked by guards or NPCs in towns. What makes you think they are going to do this with the Necro class?
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's awesome that the chapter and DLCs might all be connected by one main story arch instead of scattered sporadically over the place. 👏 If that's what happens, it'll be a great move! I love the stories!!! 😃
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Necromancer costume looks lit👌
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »
    I hope the zone DLC after Elsweyr is County Skingrad and the Colovian Highlands. Would like to see another DB/Thieves Guild style DLC but with Vampire Lords. I hope the rest of Skyrim gets a huge chapter with all the remaining holds in one persistent zone.
    Also I’d love a DLC with vampires- not a crappy dungeon that I’m never going to enter
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope they`ll give us at least four character slots for all my necromancer needs : >
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • spekdah
    spekdah
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the datamined pictures, the three mounts with "Highest" in their names will be the radiant mounts, also the following six mounts 2 with dragonscale armour are the apex mounts.

As for the 3 skills lines, there is plenty of stuff you could do;
    1. Pet lIne, with a pet ultimate
    2. Offensive spell line, life steal etc, spell ultimate
    3. Defensive, debuff spell line, Lich ultimate

To take it further the Lich ultimate could be like Werewolf form. Optionally have another skill line/skill bar. Optionally limit it's use by needing to feed on things.

Looking forward top seeing it!
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno . Okay, yes, many of us are excited about necromancers. HOWEVER if you intend to give necromancers UNDEAD MINIONS (aka pets, zombies, skeletons, etc) for the love of all that is holy MAKE THE GUARDS ATTACK THEM IN CITIES!!! Please, please, PLEASE do NOT allow them to just casually shamble through without anyone noticing anything. In fact ALSO have the townie NPCs attack OR run away in fear, raising the alarm AND have merchants refuse to deal with the necromancer. Have entering a town with minions up INCUR AN INSTANT KOS BOUNTY. Seriously. Don't destroy what little semblance of logic this game actually has.

Dude, sorcs summon Daedra in a town (and wear a zombie skin or skeleton polymorph) riding a zombie / skeleton horse, and that's if they are not solid silver and wearing a bath towel riding a dwemer automaton....... and your concerned about "Muh ImMErSioN" because a Kahjiit has a skeleton friend. are you smoking the skooma?

side note, those crying because a high fantasy game DARES to have a dragon in it.... did yall forget the necromancer dragon dungeon DLC already? and who cares if you see a dragon, it's a game, enjoy the content instead of being a lore nerd
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamdarius wrote: »
    The moment I see necromancer lorebreaking class happen I will say goodbye to this game, it will mean they are just after money and do not care at all sticking with the elder scroll theme at all. Also it would be super game breaking, you as necromancer would get slain by your necromancer cult leader, got your soul ripped and offered to molag bal...

Necromancers are not lore breaking. They are the preferred enemy of this particular game, and talked down in prior games. ESO is the first modern TES game that really has not allowed them to be played as characters, and that is mainly because ESO has vilified them to a degree the other TES games did not. That is why I figured ZOS would not do that class, given a boatload of other classes they could do.

Edited by Elsonso on January 6, 2019 11:50PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I really want to know is if we'll get to see Raz jump over a dragon on water skis.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The hype is real! And I haven't been hyped for something in ESO in a long *** time..
    I9Y6Qm7.jpg
    love is love
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, sorcs summon Daedra in a town (and wear a zombie skin or skeleton polymorph) riding a zombie / skeleton horse, and that's if they are not solid silver and wearing a bath towel riding a dwemer automaton....... and your concerned about "Muh ImMErSioN" because a Kahjiit has a skeleton friend. are you smoking the skooma?

side note, those crying because a high fantasy game DARES to have a dragon in it.... did yall forget the necromancer dragon dungeon DLC already? and who cares if you see a dragon, it's a game, enjoy the content instead of being a lore nerd
    They’re complaining about one class, then why aren’t y’all complaining about how there’s a million vestiges running around Tamriel??
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Necromancer costume looks lit👌

Yes ! and @ZOS_RichLambert We need the lich motif also ! :p
    Edited by Revokus on January 7, 2019 12:01AM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    What I really want to know is if we'll get to see Raz jump over a dragon on water skis.

Expecting ZOS to have a "jump the dragon" moment?

They’re complaining about one class, then why aren’t y’all complaining about how there’s a million vestiges running around Tamriel??

There is only one Vestige running around. I dunno who you think you are, but I am that Vestige. :wink:
    Edited by Elsonso on January 7, 2019 12:03AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoa, I got really excited when I saw the necromancer class datamined! Now I hope they settle this debate soon as to whether it's a new class or a skill line. Remember that psijic was accidentally referred to as a class for Summerset but turned out to be a skill line. Seems like people on one hand assume it'll be a class, whereas others assume a skill line like psijic order, dark brotherhood, thieves guild etc., the thing to remember is that the warden came with an outfit as well and guilds had motifs. Since Necromancer has an outfit I believe it to be a new class honestly. I assume they'll eventually have a trailer showing a necromancer wearing the outfit like the redguard warden in Morrowind
    Edited by JazzyNova on January 7, 2019 12:13AM
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Expecting ZOS to have a "jump the dragon" moment?

There is only one Vestige running around. I dunno who you think you are, but I am that Vestige. :wink:
    My main isn’t a vestige that’s for sure, he’s just another one of Molag’s play thi- I mean vampires. Then again he just wants to be free from Molag’s grip.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm... Seems a little early for them to "tease" this in the game data. Wonder if somebody made a mistake here.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    hB1BWjO.png

Wait, wait, wait, what?

Tiger Senche?

What?

I get this is a datamine, but that's getting very close to something we were assured would never go into the crown store.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    What strikes me is that

Dragons + Elsweyr + Necromancy

sounds so weird. I mean Dragons in Elsweyr? Why? Getting a tan or what? And then Necromancy?

Right now we lack almost every bit of information but it sounds like a really weird cocktail of ingredients to work in the end. I have to agree with @Dracane on this except for the Elsweyr part. Dragons and Necromancy very much sound like the most obvious choice to generate cash, just Skyrim as a new zone would have brought more to that table.

It is a bit much and when you step back to look at it it really does come off as a cash grab.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • grassbie
    grassbie
    Soul Shriven
    Okay. There are a few points worth considering, especially by those throwing lore arguments around. I will ignore some of the most ludicrous movements I saw among TES fans, especially the ones preaching fluidity of the canon and validating fanfiction, even written by previous designers, as equal to the published games. Consider yourself warned.

(1) It's embarrassing to say it out loud, but: the game is created by its designers and it is their property. It is an individual piece of art that is produced and published for people to consume, experience and analyze it. By default, it is also true for the whole franchise, including TES. No matter how much you like the previous installments or how much you are a fan of the franchise, you get to experience and analyze the game as it was conceived and finished by the designers. The lore is what you have in-game, not what you would like to get. This is the actual lore, and both the player and the future designer has to deal with it.

(2) The "translation error" is a perfectly valid method of retcon. It is not lore-breaking--it is used to throw away any burdening lore without being lore-breaking. What's more, it is also a pretty decent characterization method, especially when used to subvert already established lore. This is even truer in case of a TES-like world, build on a very fundament of different points of view and cultural references. It is a narration until you see it--the fact that it is told this way, not that it happened this way.

(3) The lore of the game is part of its design. Whether it is a single player TES, ESO, Legends, whatever; ideally, it should be consistent thematically and mechanically. Let's be honest, no TES single player game has a great story (yes, I'm aware of some Morrowind fans' siege mentality, but.) Single player TES games are most of the time uninterested in narration and storytelling, as BGS design focuses specifically on providing the worlds, not stories. The most intriguing things happen in-between, they are those plagues and great wars that changes and influences the world around you, the very physical environment. The games themselves are full of fetch quests, NPCs being message boards who will tell you "hi I'm a farmer" instead of being a farmer. What you experience in these games, is the world and its skeletons.

(4) The uniqueness of the world is as much determined by the vision of the creators as it is by the economic factors: there is a reason why in 2002 we got Morrowind and in 2011 we got Skyrim, and it's not the presence/lack of the designers' "heart". Morrowind was one big retcon of the previous games and gave the franchise the recognition it has today. Oblivion was safer thematically and visually, but it was so because the market changed. You couldn't make another Morrowind for next-gen consoles in 2006. Want to hear about long-dead dragons? Alduin was mentioned in but two books prior to Skyrim, and in a very different context. And to sum the major idea of Skyrim up: let's make a game about half-naked Vikings fighting with dragons! Can we do this? Yes, we can! What about the player character? Ooh, let's make them dragonborn, like the emperors of old, but better, the last one with the quest to stop the end of the world! Yes, some things are introduced not because they are needed, but because they are selling points. No, that's not bad. Producing the next ESO chapter is not a charity work for "hardcore lore fans". Hardcore lore fans are not the playerbase of the next ESO expansion, but the playerbase of whatever past title they hold dear. Maybe "Skyrim sells because of dragons" is a bit on a nose statement, but well. People play Skyrim because of dragons.

(5) Every TES game, no matter the platform, was in some part lore breaking. Every game took the established lore and build around it. When you design the story, you start from the idea, like the one for Skyrim above. Then, you check what we already know about that--and then you choose what is the fact you build around, and what you discard. There's one more thing: the lore is burdening. The games lore-heavy are not good games. You can't expect players to know the whole wikipedia on the franchise--on the contrary, you are obligated to create a story that will be self-contained, you have to provide all the details and lore within the story piece you create. No, tossing an uncountable number of lorebooks into the game is not a good game writing. Lorebooks are in the game as environmental pieces, not storytelling pieces. ESO writing better and better translates the lore of the franchise into compelling stories interested in exploring the culture and the people they are about.

Uff! :sweat_smile:

Now that we got that over with, let's go back to the actual lore as it was established--and as it is subject to ZOS designers' interpretation. It's no secret people want to visit Elsweyr. It's a great unexplored place that ZOS can shape in unexpected ways. So what's the first thing we hear about that place? That there will be... dragons? Absurd! Dragons were mostly dead! And they were from Skyrim, land of snow and half-naked vikings, not from the jungles and deserts of Elsweyr!

But were they? Actually, I think it's a nice subversion of our expectations.

I won't defend the plot before I see it and I don't want to do writers' job for them, but there are ways to show dragons in Elsweyr, even many dragons, without openly contradicting our knowledge of the world. As of now, future eras know nothing about Planemeld, which is an event far more important Tamriel-wise than the dragons in Elsweyr. I guess. We know very little of dragons. What we know is that they are "the immortal children of Akatosh, they are specially attuned to the flow of time" (via USEP: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dragons) and that they are not really dead until their soul is consumed.

And let's remember this lorebook that first appeared in Skyrim: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Tale_of_Dro'Zira

It is a tale of the Khajiiti people who heard and responded to Alduin's Thu'um and went north to fight by his side :tongue:
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1530617761_amazed-surprised-man-with-red-hairs_bagkan37x_thumbnail-full05.png
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of worried that ZOS are going to *** the Khajit over and retcon all these species
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder what kind of healers Necros will make. What if they can naturally res faster than a Templar in Kags lol
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MUH IMMERSION

The real question is:

Does this mean we can have new races added now too 0_o