Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The silence of zenimax

• Rak_am
    Rak_am
    ✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »
    I do not see what is the point of speaking, they are going to make a copy paste:

our engineers are working
    it is a priority
    we understand the frustration
    blah blah blah

the same as always, empty words, whats the point?

better talk when you have something solid.

no, just to know if they are working on it rather than on new items in the crown shop ... do you understand?
    Edited by Rak_am on November 15, 2018 2:27PM
    zenimax, FIX THE GAME
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see what is the point of speaking, they are going to make a copy paste:

it is a priority
    blah blah blah

Ok, so:

1. Letting the community know that you're aware an issue exists is a HUGE thing. Like we said before, how many "*insert here* is bugged" threads so 5 or 6 pages long and has literally no real ZOS input or response other than for someone to moderate a few offensive posts?
    2. Being told that a fix is being worked on is a HUGE thing. When you have a monster set that has been bugged since it's creation in to the game and not a single ZOS member has acknowledged its existence on the 30+ threads about it or if a fix is being worked on.
    3. Currently the main spammable of a class is not working correctly on consoles and ZOS have provided zero communication on when the fix for it will be added to consoles. Is it next week's maintenence or is it next DLC? Finding out this information IS IMPORTANT. "Am i going to be able to properly play my stamplar this patch or not?" Is a valid question for people who have put their time and effort in to a toon. Should silence be an acceptable response?

We're not asking ZOS to literally comment on EVERY thread/issue. We're simply asking that some people actually give enough of a damn about their game to say "yeah, we've seen this and are aware of it. A fix is being worked on but could be a couple of weeks."

Or "thanks for making us aware that Pirate Skeleton has been bugged since we released it. We're investigating a fix for the issue"

And before people say i'm overly critical i know Gina and Jess work hard at what they do, and the dev teams work hard (not always to our benefit) but sometimes it's like they're laser focused on some things that are less important than say AoE's not being visible in trials.
    Edited by OneKhajiitCrimeWave on November 15, 2018 3:10PM
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [remains silent]
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    We know you're not really sorry.

Also either deal with the state of things and wait for patches, or uninstall. Those are your options.

And inb4lock.

What else do you buy regularly? I want you as a customer. I don't even need to give you a functionnal product, you'll just give me your money.

I unsubbed this month, that's the first step towards uninstall. I feel so stupid for having paid all this time for a product that, if it wasn't plagues by so many issues, would be so amazing.

#Inb4coolstorybro
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS's communication (or lack thereof) reached meme status a long time ago. Sometimes, they start trying again until something hurts their feelings and then it's silence again for months.
  • Rak_am
    Rak_am
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    ZOS's communication (or lack thereof) reached meme status a long time ago. Sometimes, they start trying again until something hurts their feelings and then it's silence again for months.

ok but here we are talking about a broken and unplayable game that could scare part of the community if nothing is done ...
    zenimax, FIX THE GAME
  • TheDuck
    TheDuck
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of complaining on these boards (which accomplishes nothing) complain with your wallet.

Stop spending money on this game, and when the coffers run dry, Zen will do something about it.
    Or not, and the game goes under. Either way, problem solved.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh! Don't disturb them! They're still packing the next clown crate so you better zip your mouth unless you want the rest of the game to be put inside too.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More people talking about how broken the game is on PS4 and no response https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/445511/ps4-na
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what happened to the new guy @ZOS_RobGarrett who seemed like he was going to at least talk to us which would help with damage control.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ll add to the list:-

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5610754#Comment_5610754

As you can see, literally all Mac users have been affected by a huge issue with the game client. Communication with ZoS has been poor and even after a supposed fix, most users are still experiencing problems that make the game unplayable. Many have quit already.

I’m a long term player here, and a big spender. I’m not going to give it much longer. And to be honest, it’s the customer service (or lack thereof) that will do it in the end. :neutral:
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in b4 lock
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it is a priority
    blah blah blah

Ok, so:

1. Letting the community know that you're aware an issue exists is a HUGE thing. Like we said before, how many "*insert here* is bugged" threads so 5 or 6 pages long and has literally no real ZOS input or response other than for someone to moderate a few offensive posts?
    2. Being told that a fix is being worked on is a HUGE thing. When you have a monster set that has been bugged since it's creation in to the game and not a single ZOS member has acknowledged its existence on the 30+ threads about it or if a fix is being worked on.
    3. Currently the main spammable of a class is not working correctly on consoles and ZOS have provided zero communication on when the fix for it will be added to consoles. Is it next week's maintenence or is it next DLC? Finding out this information IS IMPORTANT. "Am i going to be able to properly play my stamplar this patch or not?" Is a valid question for people who have put their time and effort in to a toon. Should silence be an acceptable response?

We're not asking ZOS to literally comment on EVERY thread/issue. We're simply asking that some people actually give enough of a damn about their game to say "yeah, we've seen this and are aware of it. A fix is being worked on but could be a couple of weeks."

Or "thanks for making us aware that Pirate Skeleton has been bugged since we released it. We're investigating a fix for the issue"

And before people say i'm overly critical i know Gina and Jess work hard at what they do, and the dev teams work hard (not always to our benefit) but sometimes it's like they're laser focused on some things that are less important than say AoE's not being visible in trials.

Do you seriously think that they do not read and do not know about the problems?

what you want is basically a placebo, you can not know if what they say is true, if they are really working on it or just say it to calm the forums.

that is a placebo.
    Edited by Chicharron on November 15, 2018 5:08PM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A community airing its grievances and asking for more clear communication is not a thread locking offence.

It's on topic, it's (mostly) constructive if we disregard maybe one or two posts.

We're simply as a community asking ZOS to have a proper way to provide their player base with updates on issues which affect the gameplay in ways, like bugs, which can be fixed.

When you're met with this wall of silence that only ever seems to disappear when a new DLC is put or a community event it's annoying and somewhat disheartening.

Seems that sometimes ZOS overlooks that they have a place within our community and as such it needs to be a 2 way street.

When we're flagging up major issues with gameplay, skills etc. It should not take literally hounding ZOS on their forums, ESO Live's and any other way to get a response.

They have moderators who skim the forums checking posts. Could they not make a list of "this doesn't work" and "this exploit/these bots" to get updates on once a week?
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its frustrating but I'm sure they are getting to it, soon. B)
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry they are listening, next patch will be focused on ruining racial passives and armour sets. As long as they can make us have to keep changing our builds every 3 months then it keeps the pressure off them to fix all the game breaking bugs.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KoultouraS wrote: »
    When
    When there's silence it just means theres no answers. When theres good or better news then we hear from them. This has been typically how they have gone about communicating. So there's your answer I guess.

Silence might also mean , "we don't care".
    Which by any means , in human interaction is as plausible as what you said.
    I tend to think that the latter is happening.
    Wherever money is involved there is no such a thing as "no answer"
    Wherever EASY money is involved though don't expect quick services/responses.

The methods of ZOS are the worst i 've seen in a decade of online gaming.
    They don't answer not only because they don't wan't to,
    not only because they don't know what to answer
    but mainly because, they feel they DON'T have to.
    Whereas in every other good service providing company the 1st thing once would find
    established would be the costumer services.

Think that twice when you buy things from ZOS again.

Well if their lack of customer service doesnt seem to relate to a decrease in their bottom line, as a business why should they care? It is after all, a business.

Unsub and dont buy crowns. Thats how you get their attention. Not a bad thing or a good thing, just how the world works.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

Like the same problems aren't on PC. smh

@TequilaFire PC is infinitly better than console. I don't have any of the complaints or anger that these console people have. THe game runs stable and lag free for me. I can't ask for much more. SMH.

Well thats ok then, the game must not have any issues what so ever. giphy.gif
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

Like the same problems aren't on PC. smh

@TequilaFire PC is infinitly better than console. I don't have any of the complaints or anger that these console people have. THe game runs stable and lag free for me. I can't ask for much more. SMH.

Someone had a pole not too long back showing players playing on PC and coming to this forum were 90% or higher.
    So, that being said, most of the complaints voiced in this forum come from PC players.
    Glad you personally don't experience many issues. That doesn't mean they don't exsist. Even for PC.
    Edited by Kel on November 15, 2018 5:40PM
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what happened to the new guy @ZOS_RobGarrett who seemed like he was going to at least talk to us which would help with damage control.

He finally got around to signing his NDA... :trollface: lol
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone. First of all, you aren't wrong. We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.

To give you all an update, we did have a couple fixes go into the PC incremental earlier this week. We didn't expect this to fix all the issues currently found in Trials, but it did appear to fix some. We aren't finished, though; our QA team has been working closely with the dungeon team to since Update 20 went live to try and pinpoint what's causing these issues. With a game this massive and no changes made to the Trials, it can be quite challenging and time consuming to figure it out. But we are trying and haven't stopped.

As far as consoles, we're looking at publishing the next patch before the end of the month, which should include the fixes that are already on PC.

There is a lack of clarity in the level of communication we get from ZOS. it increases as we enter a DLC or Chapter phase, followed by long silences.

Many games i have seen address this use the "newsletter" style, where once a week they pick the main forum issues and provide updates, even if it is just a "we're aware of this and we're working on it"
    I think this would be a huge step forwards.

Say for example we have recently had issues with Biting Jabs, Snipe and the lack of AoE's showing up in trials.

Imagine on a Friday if someone from ZOS (Gina or Jessica as an example) made a list of the main points from that week and some dev comments on where they are with the fix.

Have it on the forum banner so it's easy access. ESO Live is great but not regular enough to keep everyone in the loop on what the player base wants to know. The game moves fast and is huge so ZOS ideally needs more regular communication with us.

We've seen the forum and community basically explode in recent months over a number of issues and if even a bit of direct communication had been given it could have been *mostly* averted.
    You have some interesting ideas to consider here. I'll think about what we can commit to and try over the next few weeks.

I wonder what class Gina plays....? :*

RDR2
    Currently playing a stam Warden.... and RDR2 ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Is it only my opinion or could this be the worst a ComManager could say?
    Edited by Greysson on November 15, 2018 6:57PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Greysson wrote: »
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Nothing wrong with playing other games.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

As long as a game's staff are playing their own game, I'm more than happy that they play other games too. They need to know what other games are up to and they're also as entitled as any of us to have time away from official duties - working in the office on ESO and then going home to play ESO doesn't sound like any sort of a balanced life to me.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also either deal with the state of things and wait for patches, or uninstall. Those are your options.

And inb4lock.

@ArchMikem

While OP has listed some items that are in the Dev Tracker, there are some bugs in this game that Zos has outright ignored. It seems you are suggesting we should stop reminding Zos of major issues and just (falsely) assume Zos is working on fixing these major issues?

That does not seem to be a very wise approach since there are aspect Zos has totally ignored., If it is not in the Dev Tracker then we should assume Zos is not interested in it, like the worsened in-combat bug Zos is clearly ignoring.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Nothing wrong with playing other games.

As long as it is Football Manager 2019.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Community Manager for ZOS is a job.

Playing video games is a hobby.

If you worked at McDonald's would you like to be looked down upon for dining out at Taco Bell?

Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• CaineCarver
    CaineCarver
    ✭✭✭

And inb4lock.

Your type of post is no help to anyone. Players have to voice displeasure for the Company to know what to look at. If someone makes you dinner and the food taste bad the only way they know is if you say something... not just leaving.
This discussion has been closed.