The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

The silence of zenimax

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »
    From my experience, Zos seems to pop into threads or posts only when you get a lot of complaints.

After 3yrs, it seems they respond only after several negative posts and invoking their names.

Let's see how often they keep us "up to date". Most likely you won't hear anything of substance from them for a while, now that they've popped in.

Most should be demanding, not giving a pat on the back to somebody for doing what they should have been doing from day one.

Communication with customers that pay their salary.

We'll see. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
    In a few months I'm expecting to see/hear a reply to where this is going.
    It could be anything from "We've hired more people to communicate with our costumers" to "We're changing our routines to give more feedback" or like the guy above suggested "We're about to implement that news letter".
    If there is no such response then there's also the sign that they don't know what they community is asking for.
    But yeah, I'm having the feeling that they're only putting out fires as they appear instead of going directly to the source of the issue.
    From my experience, Zos seems to pop into threads or posts only when you get a lot of complaints.

After 3yrs, it seems they respond only after several negative posts and invoking their names.

Let's see how often they keep us "up to date". Most likely you won't hear anything of substance from them for a while, now that they've popped in.

Most should be demanding, not giving a pat on the back to somebody for doing what they should have been doing from day one.

It could be anything from "We've hired more people to communicate with our costumers" to "We're changing our routines to give more feedback" or like the guy above suggested "We're about to implement that news letter".
    If there is no such response then there's also the sign that they don't know what they community is asking for.
    But yeah, I'm having the feeling that they're only putting out fires as they appear instead of going directly to the source of the issue.

Why give them the benefit of doubt when they have done nothing to deserve it?

Because anything else is self destructive. It's the first time I get to see Gina, or Anyone from ZOS for that matter, acknowledge that there is a communicative issue that needs to be adressed.

Spend some more time in the forums and you will see they make this same post every few months. The forum complaints get out of hand so they finally apologize and say they will start doing better and address the issues. Instead of doing that, the old bugs never get fixed and then they introduce even more bugs with each patch. I'm all for giving the benefit of doubt, but actions speak louder than words.

I know what you mean. I've been playing since early beta stress tests (with some breaks) and followed the forum alongside. However, I haven't been active on here so I haven't followed any threads untill just a few days ago.
    That being said, can you point me in any direction for any bugs they've promised to fix that hasn't been sorted (take into consideration some things takes longer time to fix)?

Permanent load screens, random load or blue screens, resource drain bug, sprint bug, cc immunity and break free not working, bar swap bug, stuck in combat bug, meteor slide, gap close exploit, potions making sound, but not being consumed, health desync, and many others.

I understand that things take time, but after 4 years the performance should not keep getting progressively worse with each patch. They are very fortunate to have such a dedicated and patient fan base, I just hope they realize that and take action while there are still a few of us left.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because anything else is self destructive. It's the first time I get to see Gina, or Anyone from ZOS for that matter, acknowledge that there is a communicative issue that needs to be adressed.

Spend some more time in the forums and you will see they make this same post every few months. The forum complaints get out of hand so they finally apologize and say they will start doing better and address the issues. Instead of doing that, the old bugs never get fixed and then they introduce even more bugs with each patch. I'm all for giving the benefit of doubt, but actions speak louder than words.

I know what you mean. I've been playing since early beta stress tests (with some breaks) and followed the forum alongside. However, I haven't been active on here so I haven't followed any threads untill just a few days ago.
    That being said, can you point me in any direction for any bugs they've promised to fix that hasn't been sorted (take into consideration some things takes longer time to fix)?

Permanent load screens, random load or blue screens, resource drain bug, sprint bug, cc immunity and break free not working, bar swap bug, stuck in combat bug, meteor slide, gap close exploit, potions making sound, but not being consumed, health desync, and many others.

I understand that things take time, but after 4 years the performance should not keep getting progressively worse with each patch. They are very fortunate to have such a dedicated and patient fan base, I just hope they realize that and take action while there are still a few of us left.

^
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilnerdyne wrote: »
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Before you get scared away @ZOS_GinaBruno from answering questions is there a reason why console patches can't be released sooner then what they are when games like dcuo on console release patches days later to fix broken things not weeks or months later like zos does why can't zos do the same why must we wait a long time to get things fixed after you guys break them I'm sure their is a way you guys could release a patch for us console player's a lot sooner then what you all do but just don't

One of the big reasons is to make sure we get as many fixes as possible in a patch. It's no secret console patches have to go through a certification process, which takes time. If we were to put out a patch let's say, next week, then it wouldn't include any of the fixes we're currently working on, or perhaps even the ones that just recently went out on PC. That said, if there are cases where we can hotfix a serious issue, then we can and do.

You are right, console can wait for an incremental patch. Trials aren't that bad:

Untitled.png

Y'all need to hurry please.

Ohhh that's beautiful! Beautifully pain to see I mean!
    Yet I still prefer this one (you've probably seen it)

https://youtu.be/ijV7k4ADYFc

LMAO poor creme. I run with her alot. There are just soo many examples and yet nothing. Probably the devs are still comfortable leaning on the TES IP and not really worried about playability. Its strange, exploits get hotfixed within almost hours of discovery(If ZoS is made aware) but this is allowed to last a week? a month? They are lucky that there isn't a good alternative on console.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think one of their biggest issues is the RAD Game tools Telemetry performance visualizer, having used that program before I can say that, it often times gives false positives on bugs, load balance issues and game glitches or at the very least where those issues are happening. Often times developers who are married to the RAD tools suite refuse to question anything the telemetry tools tells them. That leads to a lot of tail chasing.

I also don't believe they have upgraded to the oodle leviathan pack for data compression, and that can cause issues especially when dealing with the latest Miles sound system update.

I'm fairly certain that most of the issues are with RAD tools, which isn't really a developer thing insomuch as it's a initial design thing.

Finally it's hyperbole to say that there are a few of us left, ESO still has one of the higher player populations, and Zenimax is raking in hundreds of millions a year above and Beyond the metric crap ton of money that Bethesda brings them.

So while the game has real and consequential issues they sky is not falling.
    Edited by Rain_Greyraven on November 16, 2018 8:20PM
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    I almost have survivors guilt or something over this? I play on xbox NA and litterally thought people were lying about the game being broken for years i see so few glitched of any kind? I legit feel bad at this point i wish everyone got to enjoy the game as much as i do.
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that's a bunch of issues, I know. But where can I find where ZOS promised to sort out, for example, the sprint bug, the random loading screens and healthy desync?
    I mean, even if we have mentioned it several times doesn't necessarily mean that ZOS has taken note of how frequently it happens and how much it impacts the gameplay.

Unfortunately I believe, personally, that many of the issues are related to latency issues (both cpu wise and connection wise) caused by the coding. Some people sitting on top end computers having terrible performance, others with a mediocre performace doesn't notice anything at all. And I think there's a disconnect between what the community is talking about and what ZOS is looking at.
    For example, lots of people complain about lag (as in packet loss) when in reality it's just heavy delay in responsiveness.
    This comes down to why it's so important with a good and frequent communication on Every topic.

But again, I'm well aware of the issues, but where can I find ZOS's response to them? Hopefully you got some link for me :)
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I for one am happy that Gina has broken the silence, admitted guilt and let us know that they are working on fixes. Better late than never.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May this one add her penny worth of sweet thoughts here yes?

Communication it is a street that goes two ways no?

We wish for honest news and interaction - but whenever we hear anything that does not please then we release the hounds. Those dribbling, angry hounds yes with the wet noses …

This one she has the natural benefit of her kind to be able to step back and think and maybe also take a nap before she speaks.

Maybe it might be good sometimes for others to do the same no?

This one also has a rule that if she finds something disagreeable or needing improvement then she will make a constructive suggestion yes - never will this one say something is bad without proposing a better alternative.

At the end of the day we are only khajiit, humans, elves or orcs behind these keyboards.

The gods whose wisdom we seek are also only khajiit, humans, elves or orcs too - so do not say things you would not be prepared to say if there was no keyboard inbetweeen all of us.

Better communication takes effort and sometimes pausing for a breath from all concerned. A kinder place for all is a better place for all - no we will not always get what we wish, we may never get what we wish but sometimes being angry will not change that where a reasoned discussion may at least have a chance as slim as a dragonfly's wing - which is still better than no chance at all yes?

Is it naptime already?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

It is like dealing with one of those stray bark-dogs, I think. Scratch its chin right, it will listen. Scratch its chin wrong, it will rip out your throat.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Update: I'm on page 100 under the Bug Report section, 30 threads / page (so 300 threads back), march 15th.
    I'm only looking for threads where ZOS has given a response but.. I can't find any.. either it's been ignored, which I then need to look at each individual thread and not just for the ZOS-icon, or, nothing's been posted there about the sprint/health desync/random load screen bug.
    But I need to go sleep.. I'll continue tomorrow unless you have a link ^^
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

I wish. Console has held back the game's development on PC in a huge way.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

2/3 the population... I wish PC would stop holding back consoles bug fixes and UI upgrades

I kid I kid
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on November 16, 2018 9:56PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Live in your world. Play in theirs. The sooner you realize that your opinion doesn't matter and that they'll only do the bare minimum to drag you and your $$ along the better.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look, it's pretty clear at this point that quality is not the priority for zos, the launcher is bugged, sometimes it buggs out and you have to close it through task manager, and sometimes even when you close it, it still registers active on the task manager, sometimes it siphons incredible amounts of performance from your computer for god knows what reasons, when you load in eso, and alt tab, you will notice that during the loading time, you can barely do anything because of how much slow your computer becomes, this also happens when you are in the login page, this has not been fixed for months.

And this is only a few, there are so many, so many posts out there with good ideas, pointing out the endless list of bugs, the garbage performance, look, to me it's clear, quality is not the priority, cash shop is, dishing out as much content without fixing anything is the priority, and this is the reason why, i'm 99 % sure that in patch 8.2 i will be switching to wow again, cancelled sub, game is barely fun, the only thing keeping me for the last few days was bettering my rotation and getting zaan pauldrons, but now that it's over, i don't really feel like playing much, queues are endless, and sometimes it bugs out throwing your 30 to 50 min of wait into the trash (this doesn't really bode well for the population numbers), pvp is not really that good, pve still lacks a new mode to make up for the cp increase in power, which would be way more desirable than nerfing both cp and classes, pvp and pve is still not separated, and many more.

So from all of this i draw this conclusion: zos doesn't really care about making a good game, they will only fix bugs that are either game breaking or is clearly op, many times after it hit live, looking at you enchants, which by the way could have been solved by separating pvp from pve, since this wasn;t really bad for pve, but way too strong for pvp, all of these things tell me that zos only cares about 2 things, dishing out as much content as they can, and cash shop, they won't fix what they consider not important, what doesn't directly give them money emphasis on directly, and for this reason eso will never be a great game, but always a decent mmo.

But hey, at least you have some die hard fans that will probably never leave you, but i don't think that a majority, i give this game a few years in it's current state, if they don't begin take these things seriously.

I will still roam the forums just to see how the game goes, but i don't really have much hopes for this game, which sucks because i like the combat, dungeons etc, but there is just too much that doesn't really work properly.
    Edited by JinMori on November 16, 2018 10:07PM
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greysson wrote: »
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Is it only my opinion or could this be the worst a ComManager could say?

Nothing wrong with playing other games.

I’m usually quite hard on @ZOS_GinaBruno but this response by her is refreshing and spot on.

Now I’ll go back to being the pest. STILL no word on the state of PVP on console and the many performance issues that continue to plague it. You can post all day about how things NEED to get better, but in the end it’s the actions that prove your point. When do you expect improvement in PVP?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greysson wrote: »
    I dont blame anyone for playing any game, but theyre are just bad times to make such statements.

Actually you expressed an interesting point of view (in a bad formulation but let's keep that aside). I, too, was a bit surprised by reading Gina's post (that part of her post). A bit like Roger Federer sponsored by Rolex but admitting to wear a Seiko watch at home. Of course he's free to wear any watch he likes off courts and off cameras, but stating it openly in his main media is a different story.

That being said, Gina, Rich, Finn, and most of the crew members we know are fairly open-hearted and natural, that's how we love them, and that sort of surprising statements are part of it.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day we are only khajiit, humans, elves or orcs behind these keyboards.

Naaahhh... we're PLAYERS. A hopeless and terrifying type of... creatures ? :D .

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 16, 2018 11:33PM
  • Markdechene1
    Markdechene1
    ✭✭✭
    I logged a bug report, got stuck in the bug report screen as my bg was starting then got hit with the time penalty after being forced to restart. This game is so bad right now.
  • Markdechene1
    Markdechene1
    ✭✭✭
    And yeah saying you might be fixing something by the end of the month but don’t really know isn’t good enough. I wish I could say that in my job and get away with it.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have you money from subs and crowns.... So why do they need to talk?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is sad, really. I'm sure a large portion that have posted have spent money in this game. Be it subs, crowns, dlcs, chapters, etc.

It's like they just post in threads to placate us for a bit and hope the outrage blows over.

This could have been a great game, but because of the bugs, lag issues, lack of communication, and unfulfilled promises, it is barely a good game anymore.

Sure, it is fun to play when all cylinders are firing, but most of the time it's becoming a headache because of one or all of those issues.

This is my first mmo, and I hope this isn't how others are run or handled.
    Edited by MajBludd on November 17, 2018 12:15PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sad, really. I'm sure a large portion that have posted have spent money in this game. Be it subs, crowns, dlcs, chapters, etc.

It's like they just post in threads to placate us for a bit and hope the outrage blows over.

This could have been a great game, but because of the bugs, lag issues, lack of communication, and unfulfilled promises, it is barely a good game anymore.

Sure, it is fun to play when all cylinders are firing, but most of the time it's becoming a headache because of one or all of those issues.

This is my first mmo, and I hope this isn't how others are run or handled.

I hesitate to compare studios. They are all different. They are all the same. Comparisons often focus on finding another studio to show a flaw, or virtue, of ZOS, and then they tend to ignore all others. This is usually a highly biased approach, and almost exactly the same as being totally worthless.

In the end, what really matters to me in a game studio is whether they are making a game. Some studios seem less interested in making a game and more interested in something else. Cash Shop. Merchandise. Some other game. Whatever.

For all the people in here claim that ZOS is only interested in the cash shop and Crown Crates, and has no interest in fixing the game, I don't see it exactly that way. I think the cash store is how they make their money, and they are certainly dedicated to that, but there is still a core development team working on making the game better. Are they working on everything that they could be to make the game better? No. I think this team is smaller every quarter than it was the quarter before, but for right now, I think it is still large enough to say that they are more interested in making the game better than they are the Crown Store.

That will flip, eventually, but it did not happen this year.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean.. I was looking through the bug section yesterday about the Sprint Bug, I went back 147 pages back to 2017, that's over 4000 threads. And I couldn't find a single thread where there was a response to this bug in question.
    However it has been adressed but in a different section of the forum.
    Gina replied to it a few months ago, July 31st, and said "Understand this is really frustrating, and we're working on getting it fixed. It's been a difficult one to nail down, but we are aware and working on it." (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/428176/sprint-bug/p1)
    But that's also the last thing we heard about it.
    All while we see new content being released, crown store items being updated and new changes coming.... but what about the sprint bug? or all the other bugs?

It really just seems like the money is being spent on new content rather than quality gameplay. And that's not Gina's or the Dev's fault. They are simply doing what they are hired to do. They don't really have a say in what's coming up next or what to focus on.
    So it feels like ZOS values quantity over quality, but I really don't want that to be the case and I hope they can prove us all wrong.
  • Vinylll
    Vinylll
    ✭✭
    Did Veteran blackrose prison today. People disconnected twice during execute third round. So not only trials affected but now also other end game content. Really, really losing my patience!
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump. Still waiting on lag fix, 5 years running. AAA $100 million dolar mmo cant afford server, should we start a go fund me?
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Vinylll
    Vinylll
    ✭✭
    I Will keep bumping this forum until they fix it
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump 4 truth
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any long time player should agree with me. The fact of the matter is that bugs and performance issues have plagued this game since release. In reality you can only enjoy this game in short spurts when it is functioning well (never perfectly) between major patches until they inevitably break it again.

Save your breath, they are unable to completely fix the game and never will. I had a newer player get very upset recently about trials being completely unplayable right now. I laughed and commented that yes they much be new because trials have been broken many many times before and for months at a time, perhaps even years.

He asked me if it was even worth his time to hold out for a fix so he could enjoy the trials again or just simply quit now and find another hobby. Guess which one I suggested?
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fix pl0x
    at a place nobody knows
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All i can do is give you an Awesome op..

I've done my part, we all lift together..
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Players wonder why there isn't much contact with Zenimax when the majority of threads are in the tone of a toddler demanding another cookie and throwing a tantrum when they don't get it.

The devs probably hate us by now.
This discussion has been closed.