The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trials pretty much unplayable since Murkmire!

FakeFox
FakeFox
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was keeping quiet on this one for quite some time now. I expected this problem to be fixed in the last patch, but I guess I was wrong. As nothing has happened so far and I also didn’t see any statement, I think it’s time to speak up now.
Since the release of Murkmire trials suffer from massive bugs making the raiding experience in general not fun and progress raiding basically impossible. While there is a multitude of bugs, some not even being new, one is by far the worst and can happen in every trial. Animations are invisible and this can include basically everything, from AOE markers to skills. AOE markers not displaying of course makes mechanics impossible to play leading to unnecessary deaths and wipes and making it absolutely impossible to make any decent score or harder achievements. But also other things not displaying at all or flickering weirdly is very annoying and negatively impacts player performance.
For me as primarily a trial player this means that I could pretty much not play the game for the last two weeks or so, all while paying for it. This is already heavily damaging the raiding community and if it doesn't get fixed soon I’m pretty sure quite a few people are going to quit the game.

(I'm only speaking for PC EU here, I don't know how it is on other platforms)
EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA trials seem to have a fair amount of new bugs
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trials are buggy as hell atm. Same as he says; invisible AOE markers, invisible abilities, laggy mechanics, delays, random high ping instances, crashes, FPS drops (lost about 10~ FPS on murkmire) and bosses resetting randomly.

The trial scene these days are near dead... And this does not help it at all.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player the soultion we found was you have to unfortunately reload ui. I mentioned issues with trials last week but what have you experienced? If you don't mind going into more information.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    we did vHRC the other night an experienced multiple bugs.

"Quicksilver zomg so faaassstt!" bug
    Path_glitch.jpg

Some of Yokeda Kai's mechanics were not displaying correctly.

Sometimes the AOE from meteors was not displaying
    The "circle of flame" was not displaying. He just raised his staff and fireballs would shoot out.

I've had reports of Valariel in vAA only spawning adds once in the fight.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    As a player the soultion we found was you have to unfortunately reload ui. I mentioned issues with trials last week but what have you experienced? If you don't mind going into more information.

Well, where to start...

vAA HM: invisible mechanics / lag
    vSO HM: Invisible mechanics / Poisons suddenly one shotting you
    vHRC HM: Invisible mechanics / second boss can not spawn after whipe / Second boss right side does his mechanics way more often.
    vMoL HM: Invisible mechanics / lag
    vHOF HM: invisible mechanics / random delays on the fabrications on 4th boss / lags
    vAS+2: Have not tried it since murkmire, but it already had invisible mechanics before murkmire
    vCR+3: 100% totally unplayable.

The invisible mechanics in every single trial is mainly AOE abilities that bosses or mobs drop on the floor that dont render.
    But also stuff like orbs in vmol and conduits in vhof. And most abilities of Cloudrest can just not render at all.

On top of these you got the general bugs like entering a trial instance with unnatural high ping, this is extremely tiresome if you're trying to run for scores. And the random texture flickering is making me insane!
    Cleared Trials:

• lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed both of the guilds I have regularly done trials with have been ruining far fewer trials over the last two weeks. It isn't just trials that are buggy either. It seems like some dungeon instances are extremely laggy with skills not working consistently or bosses not starting properly. It is rarer than the trials bugging out, both trials I ran had visual bugs amongst other things, where as it seems like maybe only one in ten dungeons has the weird laggy behaviour. At first I thought it was latency issues but the behaviour isn't quite the same as when latency is high. I've also noticed in some dungeons the heavy attack tell on some bosses has been inconsistently showing, and some player characters have visual artefacts that look like long clear lines coming from their bodies and stretching across the screen.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big issues here. Since Murkmire i did only Vcr where i couldn't see portals or orbs in shadow realm, pretty much unplayable fore me,
    Asylum +2 where once the fire mechanic in executioner phase totally disappeared, and in the new BR arena, last boss, invisible voids.
    Hope some fixes for the next week.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    vHRC HM: Invisible mechanics / second boss can not spawn after whipe / Second boss right side does his mechanics way more often.

That's actually a pretty old bug, but the invisible mechanics certainly don't help the situation.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Animations are invisible

I'm an aussie on XBNA, and I suspect this may be due to lag. Happens to me quite often. The server decides you're dead before you know about it, and you end up goggling at the screen going lolwut!
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's actually a pretty old bug, but the invisible mechanics certainly don't help the situation.

I think my point might have been 'Invisible mechanics!' xD Can't dodge what I can't see, annoying -_-
    And hey! trials are now extremely buggy, so why not ask for fixes on old bugs as well? xP
    Edited by Kikke on November 2, 2018 10:13AM
    Cleared Trials:

• adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos just "raising the floor" so people (me) can blame something else besides lag when they die in a trial ;)
    Edited by adeptusminor on November 2, 2018 10:22AM
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since last patch I had frequent crashes in the middle of encounter in vCR, and people from my group were complaining about invisible mechanics (orbs were unable to see, portal cone, synergies impossible to pick in shadow realm, hoarving frost impossible to drop, creepers' silence projectile can't be seen)
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to add my guilds voice to this, we've been having exactly the same issues.

Easier trials (Craglorn) you can just cope with the missing animations etc, but when it starts to get to the more recent ones... nope, forget it!

vAS, vCR etc are a real problem. We're currently progressing on the harder modes of these and it's pretty much made it impossible, & is really disheartening.

I know that they will be pushing hard to create new content, but this is actually making these unplayable now.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For me and my groups reloading UI has most of the time not fixed the graphical issues. It does reset things, but doesn't stop the same bug from recurring the next time the mechanic happens. Resetting the instance is the best bet in my opinion. In this post I only wanted to address this one bug, but I guess I can go into more detail on things outside of that.

- Players get wrong or no color on twins (MOL)
    - Yokeda Kai clones don't take the right amount of damage and mechanics happen too frequent (HRC)
    - Players can not be rezzed on Zmaja (CR)
    - Adds don't properly die on Perfected Factotum (HOF)
    - Assembly General uses his Arms while moving (HOF)
    - Freezes when groupmembers die
    - Endless loadscreens when entering a new instance
    - NB speedbuff leaving weird traces
    - High ping instances
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm the same issues on PC/NA. Our group that was doing vCR +3 pre-Murkmire, can't even run the trial right now, due to the multitude of bugs in the trials, we're running vSO, since the bugs in there are minor compared to others (we do have people getting 1-shot by poison, with nothing showing on their death recap). Sometimes some groups get a "good" instance, and can complete the trial, as long as they one-shot it, and everything renders. It appears that the issues get worse and worse, the longer an instance is open.

I have posted numerous videos with regards to both vCR and vMoL showing things not rendering. Only official ZoS response at this time is "we're looking into it" and "try without add-ons" Members of my group did run vCR without add-ons and still reported all the same issues. I did not myself, since I'm about 99.9999% sure it's not the add-ons.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm that in VCR we have had numerous bugs since the Murkmire patch.
    Lots of dcs, invisible orbs, portal cone etc, not being able to ress cos no shadows to kill.
    Unable to use synergy in shadow realm, strange silver trails from speed buffs, no creeper although it should be there.
    Reloading ui does not help.
    Resetting the instance sometimes helps a little.
    It has been so bad the raids have been called early because it is basically unplayable on +2 and above.

PC EU
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But this shouldn’t have to be done. The coding so be good enough to not have bugs, I understand we’re humans and we make errors, but game breaking bugs like invisible AoE markers and skills should be fixed when immediately, not during the weekly maintenance where stupid cosmetic stuff gets fixed too.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reloadui didn't work (maybe temporarily, very temporarily). Relogging didn't work (again maybe temporarily). These bugs are game breaking, they are killing the end-game raid community, many of us who are players from beta, long time subscribers, people who are dedicated and play the game a lot. Most of us are feeling very disrespected and devalued as customers right now, when the only response is "we're looking into it" (almost 2 weeks ago now) or "turn off the add-ons" when everybody knows it's not the add-ons. if add-ons were responsible for not making things render in the game, then ZoS needs a serious look at their coding, as that could be used in a cheat engine to make effects invisible in pvp.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    cleared nHRC the other night with a group of randoms in 20min ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ this group was moving so fast I would not have had time to notice.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yurimodin wrote: »
    cleared nHRC the other night with a group of randoms in 20min ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ this group was moving so fast I would not have had time to notice.
    Wonder if all the players farmed normal trials for the skulls caused this, to many trials at once. We know the dungeon and BG finder get problems with high load.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ettenmoor
    ettenmoor
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm many of these issues, specifically those pertaining to VCR. What is worse, is that we cleared VCR+3 this last Wednesday, and saw NONE of the issues described here. The day after, I saw them again. And the clear wasn't even a sub15 minute clear. We had 4 wipes before that, so even time spent in the instance doesn't seem to be a factor. Or is, at best, not a consistent one.
    Edited by ettenmoor on November 2, 2018 10:28PM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May have missed if this was mentioned but these issues are being discussed in the Bug Report forum and have been commented on by @ZOS_Finn:
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Regarding the reported problems...

We have seen the reports and are actively investigating. We didn't really change or touch anything in Trials specifically so, its a bit of a broad net we are casting at the moment.

As with any performance issue after a patch, it is a good idea to try and run the content with as few AddOns active as possible. If you do not see an issue without AddOns, but do see them with AddOns, that can help diagnose the problem.

Thanks!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • SakuraRush
    SakuraRush
    ✭✭✭
    If these issues are also on console will it take an entire year to fix trials again?

• adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    SakuraRush wrote: »
    If these issues are also on console will it take an entire year to fix trials again?

In that case they will at least know it's not addons causing the problems.
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    May have missed if this was mentioned but these issues are being discussed in the Bug Report forum and have been commented on by @ZOS_Finn:
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Regarding the reported problems...

We have seen the reports and are actively investigating. We didn't really change or touch anything in Trials specifically so, its a bit of a broad net we are casting at the moment.

As with any performance issue after a patch, it is a good idea to try and run the content with as few AddOns active as possible. If you do not see an issue without AddOns, but do see them with AddOns, that can help diagnose the problem.

Thanks!

Didn't they work on fixing AOEs to be more accurate this patch? I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another week and no fixes for the trials....

Looks like we know now what part of the community they choose to ignore.

Enchant meta in PvP is fixed
    The invisible animations in PvE is still a issue!
    Cleared Trials:

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another week and no fixes for the trials....

Looks like we know now what part of the community they choose to ignore.

Enchant meta in PvP is fixed
    The invisible animations in PvE is still a issue!

I did not expect anything less. I guess they will play the waiting game and hope we will forget when we see the new shinies in the Crownstore.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, so the bug with Yokeda Kai's mechanics still there, it wasn't fixed with Murkmire? I've recently went top side in vHRC, and it was more than a little bit over the top - pun intended. So that's not an intended difficulty?

Also, a few days ago, a really juicy bug have happened, it's currently on top of my chart. We were running vDSA with the guild, finishing the boss of the last stage (before the final boss fight), suddenly everything freezes and whole group is booted to login screen. Instance is gone, progress lost.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on November 5, 2018 5:28PM
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do something else for a bit then
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, so the bug with Yokeda Kai's mechanics still there, it wasn't fixed with Murkmire? I've recently went top side in vHRC, and it was more than a little bit over the top - pun intended. So that's not an intended difficulty?

Ignoring the Adds has become a quite accepted work around, maybe they think there is no need to fix it?