The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The silence of zenimax

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May this one add her penny worth of sweet thoughts here yes?

Communication it is a street that goes two ways no?

We wish for honest news and interaction - but whenever we hear anything that does not please then we release the hounds. Those dribbling, angry hounds yes with the wet noses …

This one she has the natural benefit of her kind to be able to step back and think and maybe also take a nap before she speaks.

Maybe it might be good sometimes for others to do the same no?

This one also has a rule that if she finds something disagreeable or needing improvement then she will make a constructive suggestion yes - never will this one say something is bad without proposing a better alternative.

At the end of the day we are only khajiit, humans, elves or orcs behind these keyboards.

The gods whose wisdom we seek are also only khajiit, humans, elves or orcs too - so do not say things you would not be prepared to say if there was no keyboard inbetweeen all of us.

Better communication takes effort and sometimes pausing for a breath from all concerned. A kinder place for all is a better place for all - no we will not always get what we wish, we may never get what we wish but sometimes being angry will not change that where a reasoned discussion may at least have a chance as slim as a dragonfly's wing - which is still better than no chance at all yes?

Is it naptime already?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Greysson wrote: »
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Is it only my opinion or could this be the worst a ComManager could say?

Community Manager for ZOS is a job.

Playing video games is a hobby.

If you worked at McDonald's would you like to be looked down upon for dining out at Taco Bell?

JE2mIRd.gif
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Nothing wrong with playing other games.

This....this is why Gina rules.

ShortUnawareIrishdraughthorse-small.gif
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

.... and RDR2 ;)

Highly recommend playing other games due to ESO been utterly bugged and beyond repair. Kind of fresh to play functional games for a change.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    We know you're not really sorry.

Also either deal with the state of things and wait for patches, or uninstall. Those are your options.

And inb4lock.

What else do you buy regularly? I want you as a customer. I don't even need to give you a functionnal product, you'll just give me your money.

I unsubbed this month, that's the first step towards uninstall. I feel so stupid for having paid all this time for a product that, if it wasn't plagues by so many issues, would be so amazing.

#Inb4coolstorybro

You think the game isn't functional? You made me giggle. None of these issues are game breaking because, lo and behold, im still playing. If i couldn't play i wouldn't even be here.

So many people screaming about what they deserve because they made their choice to hand over their dollar. Welcome to the free market, you are free to take your business Elsweyr.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

I wouldn’t dream of playing this game on a console. There are too many games to chose from that aren’t riddled with bugs to bother with eso on console.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be civil guys. Quite frankly I would be worried if Gina wasn't playing RDR2, I mean who isn't playing it? lol

Me. I couldn't care less about Wild West.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Koolio made several great posts with some issues as well. I hope he still plays.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

What? I thought ESO was supreme! my life reason is now RUINED!
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Thank you for the response to the issues we're concerned about. :smile:
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    .... and RDR2 ;)

.... and RDR2 ;)

Highly recommend playing other games due to ESO been utterly bugged and beyond repair. Kind of fresh to play functional games for a change.

Cool story bro
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

• Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is literally nothing wrong with playing other games, when one gets tuckered out from Playing Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited (I'm Considering helping out the folks on the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages), it pays to play other games to relax, unwind, and possibly stimulate the mind positively.

True Fact: Certain Video Games Can actually make you smarter.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    True Fact: Certain Video Games Can actually make you smarter.

quoted for truth...i can do the wiggle now...
    0c652bd225978f7f1695dcf7a0bfad0480f0db16-00.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May this one add her penny worth of sweet thoughts here yes?

Communication it is a street that goes two ways no?

We wish for honest news and interaction - but whenever we hear anything that does not please then we release the hounds. Those dribbling, angry hounds yes with the wet noses …

This one she has the natural benefit of her kind to be able to step back and think and maybe also take a nap before she speaks.

Maybe it might be good sometimes for others to do the same no?

This one also has a rule that if she finds something disagreeable or needing improvement then she will make a constructive suggestion yes - never will this one say something is bad without proposing a better alternative.

At the end of the day we are only khajiit, humans, elves or orcs behind these keyboards.

The gods whose wisdom we seek are also only khajiit, humans, elves or orcs too - so do not say things you would not be prepared to say if there was no keyboard inbetweeen all of us.

Better communication takes effort and sometimes pausing for a breath from all concerned. A kinder place for all is a better place for all - no we will not always get what we wish, we may never get what we wish but sometimes being angry will not change that where a reasoned discussion may at least have a chance as slim as a dragonfly's wing - which is still better than no chance at all yes?

Is it naptime already?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You make some good points, but Zos has been deafeningly silent on some new issues that have come up (and some old ones made worse) as Gina seems to be pointing out they admit there is room for improvement.
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. First of all, you aren't wrong. We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.

To give you all an update, we did have a couple fixes go into the PC incremental earlier this week. We didn't expect this to fix all the issues currently found in Trials, but it did appear to fix some. We aren't finished, though; our QA team has been working closely with the dungeon team to since Update 20 went live to try and pinpoint what's causing these issues. With a game this massive and no changes made to the Trials, it can be quite challenging and time consuming to figure it out. But we are trying and haven't stopped.

As far as consoles, we're looking at publishing the next patch before the end of the month, which should include the fixes that are already on PC.

There is a lack of clarity in the level of communication we get from ZOS. it increases as we enter a DLC or Chapter phase, followed by long silences.

Many games i have seen address this use the "newsletter" style, where once a week they pick the main forum issues and provide updates, even if it is just a "we're aware of this and we're working on it"
    I think this would be a huge step forwards.

Say for example we have recently had issues with Biting Jabs, Snipe and the lack of AoE's showing up in trials.

Imagine on a Friday if someone from ZOS (Gina or Jessica as an example) made a list of the main points from that week and some dev comments on where they are with the fix.

Have it on the forum banner so it's easy access. ESO Live is great but not regular enough to keep everyone in the loop on what the player base wants to know. The game moves fast and is huge so ZOS ideally needs more regular communication with us.

We've seen the forum and community basically explode in recent months over a number of issues and if even a bit of direct communication had been given it could have been *mostly* averted.
    You have some interesting ideas to consider here. I'll think about what we can commit to and try over the next few weeks.

I wonder what class Gina plays....? :*

RDR2
    Currently playing a stam Warden.... and RDR2 ;)

@ZOS_GinaBruno "Known issues, bugs" section would be also nice on this forum so players can check if something has been already reported and known or found a new bug.
    Edited by Bevik on November 16, 2018 1:40AM
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players wonder why there isn't much contact with Zenimax when the majority of threads are in the tone of a toddler demanding another cookie and throwing a tantrum when they don't get it.

• Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players wonder why there isn't much contact with Zenimax when the majority of threads are in the tone of a toddler demanding another cookie and throwing a tantrum when they don't get it.

Welcome to the "progressive" generation.

― Robert E. Howard

• Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭

Welcome to the "progressive" generation.

Welcome to People sorry not sorry
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont know how or costs to much. Shareholders arent interested in fixes.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Totally agree. I think it should be encouraged.

One of the things that Director Naoki Yoshida did when he took over FFXIV during it's failing period was to make all the developers play other MMO's (WoW was specifically mentioned), so they could see what attracted players to those kinds of games. He accredited this to much of the changes they made that turned FFXIV around.

Not trying to pull other MMO's in this discussion, but it's worth mentioning. Playing other games IMO enriches the experience and capacity of development teams, not the other way around.
  • Gaeliator
    Gaeliator
    ✭✭
    hehe.
    Don't forget to delete my message here for "being not constructive", good day.
    Edited by Gaeliator on November 16, 2018 4:27AM
  • ichsuisme
    ichsuisme
    ✭✭✭
    I take breaks from this game because it frustrates me. All the bugs and the horrible Cyrodiil lag wear me down until I am exhausted and I am forced to quit for months at a time. I've been back for 2 weeks now. Normally, out of habit, I automatically subscribe- except, I didn't this time; I wasn't sure if it'd be worth it. I chose to wait and first see if there had been any progress to the stability of this game.

Turns out I was right to wait. After just two weeks, I already feel overwhelmingly neglected. Stability is neglected. The players concerns are neglected. Combat is neglected. Bugs are neglected. Fun is neglected.

I will not be re-subscribing for the foreseeable future and should I ever again sub, it will be month by month. That is how much I doubt any substantial improvements. But please, ZOS, I beg you, give me a reason why I should subscribe to ESO plus; I am not interested in any more ESO+ benefits, I am asking for a reason to support the future of this game, so: fortify & expand the Cryodiil servers, debug the dungeons, balance the classes, and make ESO fun again.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »
    Hi everyone. First of all, you aren't wrong. We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.

To give you all an update, we did have a couple fixes go into the PC incremental earlier this week. We didn't expect this to fix all the issues currently found in Trials, but it did appear to fix some. We aren't finished, though; our QA team has been working closely with the dungeon team to since Update 20 went live to try and pinpoint what's causing these issues. With a game this massive and no changes made to the Trials, it can be quite challenging and time consuming to figure it out. But we are trying and haven't stopped.

As far as consoles, we're looking at publishing the next patch before the end of the month, which should include the fixes that are already on PC.

There is a lack of clarity in the level of communication we get from ZOS. it increases as we enter a DLC or Chapter phase, followed by long silences.

Many games i have seen address this use the "newsletter" style, where once a week they pick the main forum issues and provide updates, even if it is just a "we're aware of this and we're working on it"

Say for example we have recently had issues with Biting Jabs, Snipe and the lack of AoE's showing up in trials.

Imagine on a Friday if someone from ZOS (Gina or Jessica as an example) made a list of the main points from that week and some dev comments on where they are with the fix.

Have it on the forum banner so it's easy access. ESO Live is great but not regular enough to keep everyone in the loop on what the player base wants to know. The game moves fast and is huge so ZOS ideally needs more regular communication with us.

We've seen the forum and community basically explode in recent months over a number of issues and if even a bit of direct communication had been given it could have been *mostly* averted.
    You have some interesting ideas to consider here. I'll think about what we can commit to and try over the next few weeks.

RDR2

@ZOS_GinaBruno "Known issues, bugs" section would be also nice on this forum so players can check if something has been already reported and known or found a new bug.

You are correct. The Dev Tracker is what Zos seems to use but it is far from an organized communication. One must dig through the threads completely to find all that Zos has said on the subject.

However, this thread here was created because Zos has been silent on some issues, though all that has changed since Gina acknowledged this is she pinned this thread to the Dev Tracker section. We sill do not know what issues Zos has been silent on but actually are working on.

Sad
  • Kinnahz
    Kinnahz
    ✭✭✭

One of the big reasons is to make sure we get as many fixes as possible in a patch. It's no secret console patches have to go through a certification process, which takes time. If we were to put out a patch let's say, next week, then it wouldn't include any of the fixes we're currently working on, or perhaps even the ones that just recently went out on PC. That said, if there are cases where we can hotfix a serious issue, then we can and do.

Yeah, a serious issue being one that losses you money and not player confidence. Seriously ZoS will fix up crown store bugs in an instant come to unplayable trials its 'Eh, we will get to it'
    Xbox Gamertag: KINNAHZ
    vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL HM, vHoF HM, vAS+2, vCR+3, EoF, SoTN, Oax HM, Lyl & Tur HM vDSA, Unchained, Flawless, Spirit Slayer
  • undead84
    undead84
    ✭✭✭
    Its getting more and more boring and dissapointing with every patch. Playing since console release got eso plus for years, pumped a ton of money into this game and you know... I had a good time once... But im one step away from quit eso plus sub since eso is no more fun on consoles,
    im also thinking about to quit the game complet since im play a lot diferent games now (for months).
    I only came back for MM dlc and to help out old buddys if they running trails sometimes. Zos if you read this : Pls fix your game, buff the *** xb1 eu server and stop nerfing everthink into the ground. Endgame content is a lot harder to complete on consoles.

Sry for off topic and bad grammer bla bla.. and not use a translator english is not ma native language.
    Edited by undead84 on November 16, 2018 5:31AM
    Buff XB1-EU Server Performance
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

Like the same problems aren't on PC. smh

@TequilaFire PC is infinitly better than console. I don't have any of the complaints or anger that these console people have. THe game runs stable and lag free for me. I can't ask for much more. SMH.

I don't know what game you are playing. I'm in NA with a Gigabit connection and a top of the line pc and I got a dozen disconnects this weekend and the list continues. Are you only questing and doing writs?

I did 3 vMoL this week and the experiences were abysmal (2 before the patch). All my Cyrodiil during the weekend was a DC and lag fest. It was all very bad.

We are paying for a subscription, why is the game not running better?
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand the frustration, but spewing toxicity and anger at the devs gets precisely nothing accomplished. I don't think most of us understand just how difficult finding and fixing bugs can be- you have to look through lines and lines of code. It's really not that simple. Let's not be keyboard warriors and trash talk a fantastic community. Santie Claws has a solid point. We should treat these human beings with respect. Just imagine how much toxicity the community managers deal with daily... It's sad to think about. She should play whatever games she pleases.

The game has bugs but is still very playable. I do agree it's much too big to be a console game- they have to sacrifice a lot to make the game even work for console.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Rak_am
    Rak_am
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thanks for the answer (i think it was time)
    zenimax, FIX THE GAME
  • Rak_am
    Rak_am
    ✭✭✭
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    Heres my 2 cents..

Ive been playing this game for 2.5 years solid. No other games have been installed on my console...Until 2 weeks ago when RDR2 came out. I have subscribed with ESO Plus EVERY SINGLE MONTH that ive played this game. Ive never missed a month. Ive spent more money on this game than I care to admit. Ive supported this game and defended it plenty of times on this forum and on community pages on FB.

That will soon come to an end if things dont change.

Every patch, You guys ruin an entire class. It never fails. Nightblades, DKs, Templars..Now Sorcs. That is not “balance” in the slightest. It says (to me anyway) that the dev team literally has no idea how to balance classes and instead of fixing an issue, You nerf it to Oblivion and ruin characters that people have spent alot of time (and sometimes $) investing into. Now, You want to jack up racial passives?! I can only imagine what kind of show thats going to be.

You guys also dont listen to your community. If you want to know how people feel about your game, READ THESE FORUMS. You will see how your player base feels (at least a portion of it anyway) Alot of times, Those of us who read or post on the forums regularly are reporting back to our guilds and letting them know whats going on. Some of your player base are older individuals who dont know how or dont care to get on the forums. They make their decisions based on the information that is relayed back to them by us younger, more tech savvy members. This is the experience in my guild anyway. You guys (the devs) have poor communication skills and you need to step it up in a MAJOR way.

Trials are just ONE of your concerns. There are dungeons in this game that have been broken or glitched since I started playing this game. One example - Vaults of Madness. The 2nd boss that grabs a random player and suspends you in mid air until the orbs are broken (her name is escaping me right now) Her orbs only show up occasionally. And guess what? If the orbs dont show up, You dont get credit for killing her, Thus no credit for completing the dungeon. That should have been fixed years ago.

Step your game up ZOS. I havent cancelled my sub...YET. But I refuse to spend anything beyond that until some changes are made. I have a chat full of my closest gaming friends who feel the exact same way. Im only keeping my sub because of inventory management. If things dont start looking up in the near future, I will be unsubbing. And once I do that, I wont be playing anymore. I know im not the only one who feels this way.

here it is very well summarized. This is called the "snowball effect". Personally I come here and I give the little information that I get to my friends players. We will say 100 players, who themselves speak around them ... And I can tell you that in the state these 100 players are very disappointed and, like me ready to stop ESO ... with many regrets believe that!
    zenimax, FIX THE GAME
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

RDR2

^ This response is exactly the right one, right here. ^

ZOS folks: we are your paying customers, we have a right to a fully working product that we've paid money for. If we raise a concern, please address it, or at least say something and acknowledge us. We are still here, still playing because we love this game. Don't spoil it for us or yourselves by pushing us away or ignoring us.

Remember, a business is nothing without customers! WE are YOUR bread and butter! We take the ball home and move on, your business flops. :)
    Edited by AlienSlof on November 16, 2018 10:20AM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
This discussion has been closed.