The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The silence of zenimax

• Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to be blunt but unfortunately you are wasting your time with Forum posts like this. Listening to years & years of "we're working on it" and "fixes just around the corner, dont' worry!".

This is a Crown Store Cosmetic Cow Cash game to the developers. They don't expect you to play it long-term, just long enough to drain your wallet dry before you realise what a mess the combat, mechanics & community support is.

DcDEivgW0AEuOZH.jpg

• mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilnerdyne wrote: »
    Sorry to be blunt but unfortunately you are wasting your time with Forum posts like this. Listening to years & years of "we're working on it" and "fixes just around the corner, dont' worry!".

This is a Crown Store Cosmetic Cow Cash game to the developers. They don't expect you to play it long-term, just long enough to drain your wallet dry before you realise what a mess the combat, mechanics & community support is.

DcDEivgW0AEuOZH.jpg

There are for sure some tendencies i don´t like (latest dwarven spider reskin or some house prices), but it´s still a fair game with almost 0 pay to win aspects. And i appreciate that there was some answer in here from official side.
    Edited by mxxo on November 16, 2018 10:47AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greysson wrote: »
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Is it only my opinion or could this be the worst a ComManager could say?

Nothing wrong with playing other games.

This....this is why Gina rules.

ShortUnawareIrishdraughthorse-small.gif

damn, matpat got old...
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on November 16, 2018 10:59AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From my experience, Zos seems to pop into threads or posts only when you get a lot of complaints.

After 3yrs, it seems they respond only after several negative posts and invoking their names.

Let's see how often they keep us "up to date". Most likely you won't hear anything of substance from them for a while, now that they've popped in.

Most should be demanding, not giving a pat on the back to somebody for doing what they should have been doing from day one.

Communication with customers that pay their salary.
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    From my experience, Zos seems to pop into threads or posts only when you get a lot of complaints.

After 3yrs, it seems they respond only after several negative posts and invoking their names.

Let's see how often they keep us "up to date". Most likely you won't hear anything of substance from them for a while, now that they've popped in.

Most should be demanding, not giving a pat on the back to somebody for doing what they should have been doing from day one.

We'll see. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
    In a few months I'm expecting to see/hear a reply to where this is going.
    It could be anything from "We've hired more people to communicate with our costumers" to "We're changing our routines to give more feedback" or like the guy above suggested "We're about to implement that news letter".
    If there is no such response then there's also the sign that they don't know what they community is asking for.
    But yeah, I'm having the feeling that they're only putting out fires as they appear instead of going directly to the source of the issue.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look. ZOS/Gina have/has acknowledged that the level of communication has been lacking. For now i'm definitely willing to try and work with ZOS and give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a chance to change perceptions.

How are they meant to turn over a new leaf if some people are parking the bus on it?

Sometimes i swear the forums don't want ZOS to communicate better so they can complain about it. Then when any ZOS member does respond they find any reason to try and complain about them responding. Give them a chance.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Vinylll
    Vinylll
    ✭✭
    Look. ZOS/Gina have/has acknowledged that the level of communication has been lacking. Give them a chance.
    Fact is that you can’t sell a broken product (trials unplayable) to your customers who supported (also very much financially) that same product for multiple years. A quick message in one forum post doesn’t make that go away. This is a big issue and I completely understand why people are worried. Zenimax should be happy with customers taking the time to come here and complain about it. It shows them that it’s customers care enough for the game to come here to do so. Now to take appropriate action and don’t take those customers for granted.

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

Like the same problems aren't on PC. smh

@TequilaFire PC is infinitly better than console. I don't have any of the complaints or anger that these console people have. THe game runs stable and lag free for me. I can't ask for much more. SMH.

I don't know what game you are playing. I'm in NA with a Gigabit connection and a top of the line pc and I got a dozen disconnects this weekend and the list continues. Are you only questing and doing writs?

I did 3 vMoL this week and the experiences were abysmal (2 before the patch). All my Cyrodiil during the weekend was a DC and lag fest. It was all very bad.

We are paying for a subscription, why is the game not running better?

I dc doing QUESTS. Cyrodill? Geeze, spent exactly 1/4 playing, 1/4 logging back in, 1/4 WAITING TO LOG BACK IN, the other quarter stuck running in place.

I tried to port to Mal Bator and got stuck in an infinite fall. Got unstuck and could do anything but light and heavy attack. No skills fired in open world PVE VERSUS NPCS. geeze.
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look. ZOS/Gina have/has acknowledged that the level of communication has been lacking. For now i'm definitely willing to try and work with ZOS and give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a chance to change perceptions.

How are they meant to turn over a new leaf if some people are parking the bus on it?

Sometimes i swear the forums don't want ZOS to communicate better so they can complain about it. Then when any ZOS member does respond they find any reason to try and complain about them responding. Give them a chance.

I honestly don't get this type of response. ZOS is not your cousin or buddy. They're a corporation. They don't get to sulk when they get negative feedback and say "our customers are mean to us so we're not talking to them anymore". If a corporation gets negative feedback they need to address it or lose money.
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    "You can´t solve a problem with the same mind that created it" (Albert Einstein)
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    This game is broken since beta... they cant fix it... i dont know why we have a pts server....
    Hi everyone. First of all, you aren't wrong. We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.

To give you all an update, we did have a couple fixes go into the PC incremental earlier this week. We didn't expect this to fix all the issues currently found in Trials, but it did appear to fix some. We aren't finished, though; our QA team has been working closely with the dungeon team to since Update 20 went live to try and pinpoint what's causing these issues. With a game this massive and no changes made to the Trials, it can be quite challenging and time consuming to figure it out. But we are trying and haven't stopped.

As far as consoles, we're looking at publishing the next patch before the end of the month, which should include the fixes that are already on PC.

There is a lack of clarity in the level of communication we get from ZOS. it increases as we enter a DLC or Chapter phase, followed by long silences.

Many games i have seen address this use the "newsletter" style, where once a week they pick the main forum issues and provide updates, even if it is just a "we're aware of this and we're working on it"
    I think this would be a huge step forwards.

Say for example we have recently had issues with Biting Jabs, Snipe and the lack of AoE's showing up in trials.

Imagine on a Friday if someone from ZOS (Gina or Jessica as an example) made a list of the main points from that week and some dev comments on where they are with the fix.

Have it on the forum banner so it's easy access. ESO Live is great but not regular enough to keep everyone in the loop on what the player base wants to know. The game moves fast and is huge so ZOS ideally needs more regular communication with us.

We've seen the forum and community basically explode in recent months over a number of issues and if even a bit of direct communication had been given it could have been *mostly* averted.
    You have some interesting ideas to consider here. I'll think about what we can commit to and try over the next few weeks.

I wonder what class Gina plays....? :*

RDR2
    Currently playing a stam Warden.... and RDR2 ;)
    Edited by Aixy on November 16, 2018 3:11PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand the frustration, but spewing toxicity and anger at the devs gets precisely nothing accomplished. I don't think most of us understand just how difficult finding and fixing bugs can be- you have to look through lines and lines of code. It's really not that simple. Let's not be keyboard warriors and trash talk a fantastic community. Santie Claws has a solid point. We should treat these human beings with respect. Just imagine how much toxicity the community managers deal with daily... It's sad to think about. She should play whatever games she pleases.

The game has bugs but is still very playable. I do agree it's much too big to be a console game- they have to sacrifice a lot to make the game even work for console.

But to be honest releasing 100s of gigabytes of data without fixing the issues that already existed is solely on the devs shoulders. There is no sugar coating that.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Before you get scared away @ZOS_GinaBruno from answering questions is there a reason why console patches can't be released sooner then what they are when games like dcuo on console release patches days later to fix broken things not weeks or months later like zos does why can't zos do the same why must we wait a long time to get things fixed after you guys break them I'm sure their is a way you guys could release a patch for us console player's a lot sooner then what you all do but just don't

One of the big reasons is to make sure we get as many fixes as possible in a patch. It's no secret console patches have to go through a certification process, which takes time. If we were to put out a patch let's say, next week, then it wouldn't include any of the fixes we're currently working on, or perhaps even the ones that just recently went out on PC. That said, if there are cases where we can hotfix a serious issue, then we can and do.

You are right, console can wait for an incremental patch. Trials aren't that bad:

Untitled.png

Y'all need to hurry please.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »

It could be anything from "We've hired more people to communicate with our costumers" to "We're changing our routines to give more feedback" or like the guy above suggested "We're about to implement that news letter".
    If there is no such response then there's also the sign that they don't know what they community is asking for.
    But yeah, I'm having the feeling that they're only putting out fires as they appear instead of going directly to the source of the issue.

Why give them the benefit of doubt when they have done nothing to deserve it?
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regret resubbing to eso+. They are quick to sell items in the crown store and very aggressive about giving me ads (now we get special ads for ESO+ members as well so we spend even more money!) but they rarely even respond to a lot of these bug threads. For example I posted one where I got a loading screen in combat and got teleported through the map + through the keep walls during combat while a zerg went in to the keep. The infinite loading screen issue has been on for a year. We still have sprint bug & combat bug. They didn't ban the entire guilds / groups of people exploiting the wall keeps not rendering even at 100% health. They haven't fixed snipe where I have 30k health and get killed by 3 lethal arrows + a heavy + a poison inject that land all at the same time in 1 second and kills me instantly.Or about these trials bugs where the "sparkles" animations in vHOF / vCR or crushing darkness in vCR doesn't render properly. We did a vMaw run where literally 5/6 people swapped colors in the middle of the Twins fight which caused a wipe because there was an imbalance thanks to the game.
    This game is amazing for casual players and people that just want to RP but at end game when you do trials (pve) & pvp there's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many bugs that they just won't fix. They either don't respond or they just say "we're aware & working on the issue". I'm beginning to think it's a waste of my time even bothering to do trials or pvp when things get borked everytime there's a new patch and the old bugs aren't fixed.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I think any CM or Dev that comments on threads like this are going above and beyond.

I had a hard fast rule when I was with Turbine to never engage Gripe threads, because no matter what you say forum trolls will kick you, just because they can.

The most accurate feedback you can get is from bug reports and feedback submissions that aren't public, if you are going to have a General Forum use it as a play pen for those that simply want attention.

This might sound harsh, but just look at some of the replies Gina received for the high crime of trying to engage the unwashed masses.
    Edited by Rain_Greyraven on November 16, 2018 4:12PM
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I think any CM or Dev that comments on threads like this are going above and beyond.

I had a hard fast rule when I was with Turbine to never engage Gripe threads, because no matter what you say forum trolls will kick you, just because they can.

The most accurate feedback you can get is from bug reports and feedback submissions that aren't public, if you are going to have a General Forum use it as a play pen for those that simply want attention.

This might sound harsh, but just look at some of the replies Gina received for the high crime of trying to engage the unwashed masses.

Well not to generalize to much, butbug reports seem to be a dev ghost town. You tend to get more replies from gina and the team in this category.

Also how dare you.... I wasn't trolling. I was snarky, comedic, and polite. hmph
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well not to generalize to much, butbug reports seem to be a dev ghost town. You tend to get more replies from gina and the team in this category.

Also how dare you.... I wasn't trolling. I was snarky, comedic, and polite. hmph

I was speaking about submitted in game bug report, as well as submitted in game feedback request those are and always will be the most honest way to gather information.

Also....Did I say your name?

Please save your mock outrage for a more effective target
    Edited by Rain_Greyraven on November 16, 2018 4:27PM
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    @Koolio made several great posts with some issues as well. I hope he still plays.

Yep still here. Still making posts. Still getting sprint bugged lol
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you get scared away @ZOS_GinaBruno from answering questions is there a reason why console patches can't be released sooner then what they are when games like dcuo on console release patches days later to fix broken things not weeks or months later like zos does why can't zos do the same why must we wait a long time to get things fixed after you guys break them I'm sure their is a way you guys could release a patch for us console player's a lot sooner then what you all do but just don't

One of the big reasons is to make sure we get as many fixes as possible in a patch. It's no secret console patches have to go through a certification process, which takes time. If we were to put out a patch let's say, next week, then it wouldn't include any of the fixes we're currently working on, or perhaps even the ones that just recently went out on PC. That said, if there are cases where we can hotfix a serious issue, then we can and do.

You are right, console can wait for an incremental patch. Trials aren't that bad:

Untitled.png

That's new extra hard mode that PVE wanted! *eye roll* :D
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and no.

I certainly don't envy the CM or Dev teams when they have to communicate because a significant portion of our side of the fence are less than reasonable.

But........ and its a large one.........

When there is no communication on an issue then there is just a void or a mirror to our questions/rantings/pleas. Its never pleasant to have a request fall into a void, you feel that the other side simply doesn't care. When its a mirror thats when things really go downhill as usually we are coming here annoyed or frustrated but usually with varying degrees of negative emotions which with no ZOS input just reflects back at ourselves in an echo chamber and magnifies.... very much not good.

The thing about it though is that a simple acknowledgement "we hear and are looking into it" is a very effective dampening rod for the majority. It still needs follow up before we feel its now gained void status but so long as we can feel that its neither ignored or forgotten most will be reasonably patient and give ZOS room to work.

There are *ahem* those for whom no amount of feedback or grovelling apology will ever suffice. Unfortunately they do tend to shout the loudest.

TL;DR ?
    Just keep us in the loop, we all want the same thing just don't let us feel like we are ignored.
    EU PS4
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was speaking about submitted in game bug report, as well as submitted in game feedback request those are and always will be the most honest way to gather information.

Well if ya have generalized response about how people are responding to Gina, don't you think people who responded to Gina might think you are talking about them. Please continue to be above the huddle masses does wonders for your complexion.

Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on November 16, 2018 5:07PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you people talking about? ZOS clearly listens. Every time you guys call for a nerf, they are right there with the nerf hammer ready to fulfill your every wish.
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

Because anything else is self destructive. It's the first time I get to see Gina, or Anyone from ZOS for that matter, acknowledge that there is a communicative issue that needs to be adressed.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bugs, I can tolerate.
    Cheaters, I can ignore (while quietly ringing the bell of shame).
    Lag and disconnects, I can endure.
    Unnecessary nerfs and changes, I can adapt.
    Toxicity and salt in the community, I can brush off.

But what makes it difficult for me to justify remaining subscribed is silence from the devs.

If a bug is plaguing an aspect of the game, or a skill/set is creating imbalance in PvE/PvP, or cheaters are using exploits to cheese HM trials, I can tolerate all of those things as long as they are being acknowledged by the devs and they keep us updated on the progress. The reason being is because it at least gives me hope. It gives me hope that balance will be implemented, that a bug will finally be fixed, or that a QOL update is going to be make the game more enjoyable. But when there isn't any communication from the devs it's difficult to remain hopeful.

Last week I was becoming worried about the state of the game and the direction it is heading, but due to the recent post by the combat team regarding how they plan on at some point opening communication with the community to update us on the goals of combat in the game, and now with Gina admitting that there could have been more communication with the issues currently affecting trials, it is giving me a little bit of hope again.

So as long as the communication continues to improve I will remain hopeful for the direction of ESO :)
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because anything else is self destructive. It's the first time I get to see Gina, or Anyone from ZOS for that matter, acknowledge that there is a communicative issue that needs to be adressed.

Spend some more time in the forums and you will see they make this same post every few months. The forum complaints get out of hand so they finally apologize and say they will start doing better and address the issues. Instead of doing that, the old bugs never get fixed and then they introduce even more bugs with each patch. I'm all for giving the benefit of doubt, but actions speak louder than words.

• Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

Spend some more time in the forums and you will see they make this same post every few months. The forum complaints get out of hand so they finally apologize and say they will start doing better and address the issues. Instead of doing that, the old bugs never get fixed and then they introduce even more bugs with each patch. I'm all for giving the benefit of doubt, but actions speak louder than words.

I know what you mean. I've been playing since early beta stress tests (with some breaks) and followed the forum alongside. However, I haven't been active on here so I haven't followed any threads untill just a few days ago.
    That being said, can you point me in any direction for any bugs they've promised to fix that hasn't been sorted (take into consideration some things takes longer time to fix)?
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

Over 2/3 of the player base is console . So they would not get rid of console .
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Untitled.png

Ohhh that's beautiful! Beautifully pain to see I mean!
    Yet I still prefer this one (you've probably seen it)

https://youtu.be/ijV7k4ADYFc
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if ya have generalized response about how people are responding to Gina, don't you think people who responded to Gina might think you are talking about them. Please continue to be above the huddle masses does wonders for your complexion.

cool-story-bro-35045424.png

― Robert E. Howard

This discussion has been closed.