The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PS4, a laggy ghost town now...

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I’ve been going on ESO every few days recently and PS4 just seems like an absolute ghost town atm.
It’s so disappointing to see, a lot of the recent and even old school top tier PVP players have left and PVP itself is so clunky now. Can hardly combine skills due to this.

Murkmire itself was relatively empty on the first few days let alone now, it just feels like the player base has taken a huge drop and tbh has been with each passing patch.

Disappointing how the game has been handled over the years and it feels like it’s in its darkest state atm.

How does the game get revived for console IF it even does?
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really? ANOTHER thread whinging? Ffs.

Used to love reading the forum but all it is now is people whining or envisioning doom & gloom and upcoming death of the game.

Things change. Games change. I remember the hoo-ha about changes with Morrowind - but people adapted. Learnt new ways of playing - makes things a bit more interesting than just doing them same fecking rotation over & over again hey?!

For what it’s worth, I think Mirkmire is a fabulous dlc - gorgeous and with good & interesting quest lines. And yes there is some annoyance about vet trials but that’s being patched,

On PS4 EU and seeing a lot of players in both pvp & pve.

But hey, guess i’m being a white knight or some such idiocy as I dare be positive.

• todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild closed and sent us an email to go to another guilds
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, a lot of people are playing red dead redemption 2 and fallout 76. Active player base always fluctuates when new games come out. People will be back...
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how to solve-come back to PC (d/w we forgive you for leaving in the 1st place)
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Used to love reading the forum but all it is now is people whining or envisioning doom & gloom and upcoming death of the game.

Things change. Games change. I remember the hoo-ha about changes with Morrowind - but people adapted. Learnt new ways of playing - makes things a bit more interesting than just doing them same fecking rotation over & over again hey?!

For what it’s worth, I think Mirkmire is a fabulous dlc - gorgeous and with good & interesting quest lines. And yes there is some annoyance about vet trials but that’s being patched,

But hey, guess i’m being a white knight or some such idiocy as I dare be positive.

um ya, i remember morrowind. i also remember how sustain is still *** a yr and a half later with zos increasing somethings sustain every damn patch since.

I also remember how my dps magplar was *** for since morrowind until now and all that time i had to reroll it to a healer

sorc doesnt have ANYTHING to even fall back on, theres no rereolling a sorc to a healer
    Edited by ezio45 on November 10, 2018 1:54PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well all I can say is out of three active PvP guilds it is now hard to put a group of 4 or 5 together.
    Been playing since beta and this is the worst I have seen it.
    Hopefully the combat team will get shaken up and turn things around.
    Even the forums here are less busy.
    I am on PS4 and PC.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The decline is rubbish ESO performance, crashes, numerous bugs which keep on piling... yes.. senseless combat nerfs.... and just game having not much to offer after we look at it.

You can keep on defending the the bug ridden product all you want but what do you expect to get in the future? Performance and bugs are not getting solved for sure. Vice versa... you do get fancy new pets, mounts etc.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

You sound terrified to admit the truth and even see the truth lol the population is SO evidently decreasing with every patch and now it’s at an all time low

This is on ZOS and they’re awful decision making on the back of “its an elder scrolls game, people won’t leave”

Well everyone pretty much just has
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually had friends returning to the game on PS4 NA. Everything is fine from my point of view. Go and try to fight a Murkmire world boss. It's hard to get a good hit in before it's dead when theres 30 people dropping ultimates on it all at once.
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    I too did have a guild close up shop this week, a pretty powerful trade guild. Two other guilds jacked up weekly prices. Definately change brewing.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The world of tamriel is full, the game is super smooth and bug free, the devs balance combat so brilliantly well.

Thats what a Zo$ fanboy see's.

In reality, players are leaving because the game is broken, the lag is at its BEST unreal, the server is a potato patch.

Thats what a rational person see's
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    might be due to new game releases recently, but there is still loads of players in the game.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

sorc doesnt have ANYTHING to even fall back on, theres no rereolling a sorc to a healer

Undying Twilight Matriarch says hello.

• Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    It has been incredibly busy. At least NA.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing about negativty- its about ZOS waking up and acknowledging that there is an issue - and to do something about it.
    to finally address server issues, balance issues and make their game as good as it should be - instead of selling crap in crown crates- week after week. if the focus and energy zos spends can be diverted just a little bit by whinging- then im all for it- but mainly - its their pockets that wil make them notiice- and i for one- am glad that people are leaving- cos maybe they ll notice. thi should be hte best mmo on the market- but isnt because of pure NEGLECT . as for me- what can i say- im stuck with this game like any hooked mmo'er is. just hoping for better days- who knew IC and dark brotherhood was the best the game would be
  • FR0STDEE
    FR0STDEE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might be due to the fact that Red Dead Redemption is still going strong. Same thing happened when Fallout 4 came out. Give it a few more weeks.
  • Deyirn
    Deyirn
    ✭✭✭
    It may have something to do with consoles, on the PC megaserver I have been seeing as much people as when I started in 2015... if not even more.

I can't say it's been perfect, but things have gotten better. Back in 2015 I had 2-3 minute loading screens on everything, the performance of the client was way worse for me. Now both of these have been greatly improved. I did have a random freeze and disconnect the other day, but this was a first for 3 years.
    Edited by Deyirn on November 13, 2018 12:27AM
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox seems more dead too, I think giving Murkmire away free by logging in for daily rewards was a move to help the population of the player base because they are seeing data showing a decline in player base. Just my personal opinion but definitely seems less populated.
    Edited by flguy147ub17_ESO on November 13, 2018 12:32AM
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m always running into other players, on PS4 na, in the middle of nowhere and Wayrest seems to always be bustling with activity. Maybe you are just having luck and end up in low population instances.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't really noticed when I'm on (PS4 NA) but any drop in population just means less people in my way and less dueling at/near wayshrines and Undaunted enclaves.

Also haven't touched Murkmire other than to travel there and pick the quest up on 1 character. Maybe a lot of non ESO+ players are holding out until they get it for nothing and then it will be busier.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • WrathOfTheRipper
    Game is dying. Been playing since PS4 launch and i love the game, but its dying. Pvp dying fast, pve dying a little slower than PvP, but its catching up. Does it have something to do with these new game releases? Yes to some degree, but why stay playing a dying game that the developers dont give a crap about? If they cared, they wouldnt have launched new content before fixing old content first. Their first and only goal was to get as much money from us with as little effort on their part as possible. The only reason they are still putting new content out is so they can rake in whatever cash they can while they can. Time is running out and they are losing massive amounts of money so they employ new tactics like giving away a Psijic villa, and giving away a dlc for free. Those are just their last ditch efforts at trying to get us back into the game and get us spending our money on their crap again. They know the game is going south thats why they are doing what they are doing. You think if all was well they would be giving that crap away for free?

Like i said, i love the game but i cannot stick around any longer to watch ZoS destroy what ive invested so much time and money into. They have *** on their “devoted fans” for the last time.

I hope they turn it around, but at this point any attempts will be futile as its too late in the life of the game.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is dying. Been playing since PS4 launch and i love the game, but its dying. Pvp dying fast, pve dying a little slower than PvP, but its catching up. Does it have something to do with these new game releases? Yes to some degree, but why stay playing a dying game that the developers dont give a crap about? If they cared, they wouldnt have launched new content before fixing old content first. Their first and only goal was to get as much money from us with as little effort on their part as possible. The only reason they are still putting new content out is so they can rake in whatever cash they can while they can. Time is running out and they are losing massive amounts of money so they employ new tactics like giving away a Psijic villa, and giving away a dlc for free. Those are just their last ditch efforts at trying to get us back into the game and get us spending our money on their crap again. They know the game is going south thats why they are doing what they are doing. You think if all was well they would be giving that crap away for free?

Like i said, i love the game but i cannot stick around any longer to watch ZoS destroy what ive invested so much time and money into. They have *** on their “devoted fans” for the last time.

I hope they turn it around, but at this point any attempts will be futile as its too late in the life of the game.

just said the same thing about the free murkmire dlc. It isnt a "nice" thing they are doing. Its a desperate move because there is a decline in population and the game is dying. If there was another quality mmo that would get released the game would be dead. Its just the quality of MMOs havent been very good lately.
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I login for dailies, and really my two guilds are quite dead... Honestly this Warden Arctic blast/Bear nerfs and Sorc Shield nerfs damaged the population far more than Zos expected i think... Until ICE magwardens get a major fix and buff i have zero will to play ESO anymore..

I'm so passed easy mode Stamblade garbage bias, not fun being that overpowered 24/7... My money goes to other games now.
    Edited by DanteYoda on November 13, 2018 3:05AM
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running around in Sotha and Vivec the past few days - Sotha is pretty damned lively with zergs running amok mid day and swapping map back and forth with rushes and wax/wane gameplay...
    Vivec...
    Well, right now, as of posting this - Red and Yellow are both completely full with large wait times to get in and Blue is around 3/4ths full up.

I'mma call BS on your "Ghost Town" ***.

My Shielding Pet-Sorc has been slapping people around and surviving small packs jumping on me all day, my siege squads have been having no end of fun trying to destroy every bridge and gate for no desirable reason than the fun of it, and small armies have been running around through Cyrod proper and even the Imperial City for days now. It's the most active I've seen *** for weeks.

A few people's mediocre top-of-the-top-we-swear PvP guilds got burnt out and some of their kind-of-associates-in-the-same-guild buddies stopped running stim-fueled PvP runs 23.9 hours a day (accounting for bathroom breaks) because they need some time to catch some daylight, play other games, or get hospitalized for a 17 day stretch with 17 hours of sleep and they start flippin' out about how "PVP IS DEAD AND THE WHOLE GAME IS GOING WITH IT!!"

Murkmire has turned stuff in to a glitchy laggy mess all over, but that hasn't stopped the roving hordes in all zones (Including Murkmire itself) or the eternal Cyrod Struggle for Pwnage Supreme.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

One of the best posts ive ever read on these forums tbh, nothing but truth
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    From my prospective both views are correct for PS4 Na it’s really about what time of the day your on. There’s still plenty of people but my trader guild and my 2 pvp guilds it was normal for 65 to 85 people on during prime time it has now dropped to 35 to 50 people. Most who I talked to who have quit permanently have cited performance and the terrible bugs that get ignored and are added to every update. I’m personally stepping back from the game
    Edited by Lokirules on November 13, 2018 3:50AM
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guilds are pretty active still but I have seen less players in Murkmire than in Summerset and even CWC from last year when they launched. Some of it might be new games that are out but I think a lot of it has to do with people waiting for the free version of Murkmire coming as a daily login reward. I'm sure after that it will be business as usual.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hostee wrote: »

Just read that article and it is amusing to say the least, let's start at the top.

TESO is succesful? Successful as a cash grabbing game granted, but not as a well balanced experience.
    Started rocky but now stable? Really, the game is stable? who write's this garbage.

Advice for Zo$ try fixing the MMO you already have before making another broken MMO.

Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing on the ps4 and i have to say OP ist right. I usually stay in mournhold and the place is not a ghost town but there are definitly less players around. Murkmire is also quite empty compared to cwc last year. Usually there are lots of people around the world bosses in the new zones, this time you are lucky if you find 2-3 other players.

But i also have to admit that i dont play much right now, i log in, do the crafting writs, move on to murkmire and do the daylies over there and i am out of the game. In my case its because of red dead redemption 2 and i guess lots of others are in the same boat.
    PS4 EU - StamDK