The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The silence of zenimax

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno oh, I didn't expect this post to get a reply when I read it. Really glad to see I'm proved wrong. Thank you for giving sign of life :) Please, keep us informed
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greysson wrote: »
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Is it only my opinion or could this be the worst a ComManager could say?
    that is your opinion and it is wrong! ;)
    Gamers play games... and fake gamers are fake.
    I know which one I'd want as a CommManager
    <3
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Nothing wrong with playing other games.

From both a gamer perspective and a business perspective it's a good to check out what work and what doesn't.

I also think it is easy to forget that people usually get into the gaming industry, because they love gaming. Not because they what long hours and moderate wages for their blood, sweat, and tears. The corporations and investment groups are the side that get into for the profits.
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Care to elaborate?
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Dont get me wrong but, with so many things that are going wrong with this game at the moment (server performance, disconnects, steadily increase of prices in crown store) and now the one year subscription i get a bad feeling for the future of this game (bought the lifetime membership for Lotro and a few months later it was FtP).
    It feels like "let us get the most out of it, before its done".
    And a ComManager, who admits in official forums in such a thread, that he plays another game is ... meh.
    I really hope its not because i love this game, but i became carefully.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a ComManager, who admits in official forums in such a thread, that he plays another game is ... meh.
    Do you really think anyone who works at ZOS shouldn't be encouraged or allowed to play other games?
    that is..... wow.... I mean I love ESO but that's not cool...
    I hope if you think about it a minute you will realize how silly that idea is.

& I hear RDR2 is amazeballs, btw.
    >:)
    Edited by Pheefs on November 15, 2018 7:15PM
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not let other people play other games... just wow
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And a ComManager, who admits in official forums in such a thread, that he plays another game is ... meh.
    oh and SHE'S a woman.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you get scared away @ZOS_GinaBruno from answering questions is there a reason why console patches can't be released sooner then what they are when games like dcuo on console release patches days later to fix broken things not weeks or months later like zos does why can't zos do the same why must we wait a long time to get things fixed after you guys break them I'm sure their is a way you guys could release a patch for us console player's a lot sooner then what you all do but just don't
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 15, 2018 7:15PM
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont blame anyone for playing any game, but theyre are just bad times to make such statements.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I think there would be much less discontent and vitriol if the communication from ZOS was more forthcoming and candid.
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. First of all, you aren't wrong. We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.

To give you all an update, we did have a couple fixes go into the PC incremental earlier this week. We didn't expect this to fix all the issues currently found in Trials, but it did appear to fix some. We aren't finished, though; our QA team has been working closely with the dungeon team to since Update 20 went live to try and pinpoint what's causing these issues. With a game this massive and no changes made to the Trials, it can be quite challenging and time consuming to figure it out. But we are trying and haven't stopped.

As far as consoles, we're looking at publishing the next patch before the end of the month, which should include the fixes that are already on PC.

There is a lack of clarity in the level of communication we get from ZOS. it increases as we enter a DLC or Chapter phase, followed by long silences.

Many games i have seen address this use the "newsletter" style, where once a week they pick the main forum issues and provide updates, even if it is just a "we're aware of this and we're working on it"
    I think this would be a huge step forwards.

Say for example we have recently had issues with Biting Jabs, Snipe and the lack of AoE's showing up in trials.

Imagine on a Friday if someone from ZOS (Gina or Jessica as an example) made a list of the main points from that week and some dev comments on where they are with the fix.

Have it on the forum banner so it's easy access. ESO Live is great but not regular enough to keep everyone in the loop on what the player base wants to know. The game moves fast and is huge so ZOS ideally needs more regular communication with us.

We've seen the forum and community basically explode in recent months over a number of issues and if even a bit of direct communication had been given it could have been *mostly* averted.
    You have some interesting ideas to consider here. I'll think about what we can commit to and try over the next few weeks.

I wonder what class Gina plays....? :*

RDR2
    Currently playing a stam Warden.... and RDR2 ;)

Thanks for communicating with us on this. I've been here since launch and never before have I not been able to play the game like it is now....... I want to keep playing...... the Pact hasn't yet won the war in Cyrodil so I still have some fighting to do. Please fix the fact that I disconnect the moment I come in close proximity with well anyone in Cyrodil.
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone. First of all, you aren't wrong. We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.

To give you all an update, we did have a couple fixes go into the PC incremental earlier this week. We didn't expect this to fix all the issues currently found in Trials, but it did appear to fix some. We aren't finished, though; our QA team has been working closely with the dungeon team to since Update 20 went live to try and pinpoint what's causing these issues. With a game this massive and no changes made to the Trials, it can be quite challenging and time consuming to figure it out. But we are trying and haven't stopped.

As far as consoles, we're looking at publishing the next patch before the end of the month, which should include the fixes that are already on PC.

There is a lack of clarity in the level of communication we get from ZOS. it increases as we enter a DLC or Chapter phase, followed by long silences.

Many games i have seen address this use the "newsletter" style, where once a week they pick the main forum issues and provide updates, even if it is just a "we're aware of this and we're working on it"

Say for example we have recently had issues with Biting Jabs, Snipe and the lack of AoE's showing up in trials.

Imagine on a Friday if someone from ZOS (Gina or Jessica as an example) made a list of the main points from that week and some dev comments on where they are with the fix.

Have it on the forum banner so it's easy access. ESO Live is great but not regular enough to keep everyone in the loop on what the player base wants to know. The game moves fast and is huge so ZOS ideally needs more regular communication with us.

We've seen the forum and community basically explode in recent months over a number of issues and if even a bit of direct communication had been given it could have been *mostly* averted.
    You have some interesting ideas to consider here. I'll think about what we can commit to and try over the next few weeks.

RDR2

Another post just to ease the minds of the people who complain. I don’t believe any of this post other than you’re playing RDR2.

Sorry after 3+ years I know better.

During the past year 3 major patches break PvP for 3+ weeks at least

Shadow image is broken from August to January 2 years running.

And load screen in PvP happen EVERY time a keep flips,a wall is repaired, or a keep upgrades.

I won’t hold my breath
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be civil guys. Quite frankly I would be worried if Gina wasn't playing RDR2, I mean who isn't playing it? lol
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Before you get scared away @ZOS_GinaBruno from answering questions is there a reason why console patches can't be released sooner then what they are when games like dcuo on console release patches days later to fix broken things not weeks or months later like zos does why can't zos do the same why must we wait a long time to get things fixed after you guys break them I'm sure their is a way you guys could release a patch for us console player's a lot sooner then what you all do but just don't

One of the big reasons is to make sure we get as many fixes as possible in a patch. It's no secret console patches have to go through a certification process, which takes time. If we were to put out a patch let's say, next week, then it wouldn't include any of the fixes we're currently working on, or perhaps even the ones that just recently went out on PC. That said, if there are cases where we can hotfix a serious issue, then we can and do.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the big reasons is to make sure we get as many fixes as possible in a patch. It's no secret console patches have to go through a certification process, which takes time. If we were to put out a patch let's say, next week, then it wouldn't include any of the fixes we're currently working on, or perhaps even the ones that just recently went out on PC. That said, if there are cases where we can hotfix a serious issue, then we can and do.

Is there any insight you can give regarding what determines a serious enough issue for expediting a console patch?

**Asking because there is a lot of confusion and some possible misinformation that always crops up in the console community that could be cleared up.
    Edited by Sandman929 on November 15, 2018 7:37PM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

RDR2

This seems like a genuine and honest post and i actually believe you. But personally i wont have much faith in this game until i see a post like this, from someone at zos, on a cyrodil performance thread. There are countless made every day. In fact ive made some about the silence of zenimax on that issue many times... I also remember making one with about 40 links to threads, from the first couple pages of the forums, about the terrible cyrodil performance.

I would have made another one for this but I figured i would try to bring it up here first. Its nice to see you guys trying to communicate more, because i think communication is the main issue.. But if its only pve content that gets addressed, and pvp gets ignored, then its still terrible.

Even if you cant fix the issues a lot of us just want communication..

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by eso_lags on November 16, 2018 5:10PM
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think something that would be really cool and helpful would be a working list of major problems and where they are at with them. Nothing real fancy, maybe kind of a table format. Something like, Issue/Status/Notes, and that's it. Something that cannot be manipulated by random folks. Briefly state the issue (continuing to be in combat after fight ends), the status of the claim (investigating/resolved), and then a little note (working through several paths to determine root cause, or cause found and working on a fix). Real simple stuff, not 14 paragraphs unless the particular thing actually requires a novel. And not including little things like this patch of grass is missing. Only big things like the one I mentioned above, or anything else of high importance. And there should be dates added, and it should be updated weekly on ongoing situations.

I think a lot of times people feel like the reports are just being ignored and that no one cares about fixing it. Or sometimes if it goes on long enough it reaches that lack of faith threshold and people start thinking ZOS has zero idea how to fix it. I know often times there is nothing new to say, or nothing that can be said, but something like this would at least let people know they are being heard and things are being looked at, even if you can't talk details. It would be useful for not only the players being able to look at the list, but also for the people who work for ZOS and have to constantly see threads blowing up because people feel like nothing is being done.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Personally, I think there would be much less discontent and vitriol if the communication from ZOS was more forthcoming and candid.

I wish I could agree but apparently candidly admitting to playing another game causes trouble x)
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Is there any insight you can give regarding what determines a serious enough issue for expediting a console patch?

**Asking because there is a lot of confusion and some possible misinformation that always crops up in the console community that could be cleared up.

@Sandman929 it would cost them money on console so there's no way it would ever happen for anything other than the Crown Store
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

@Sandman929 it would cost them money on console so there's no way it would ever happen for anything other than the Crown Store

Ok, but I was hoping for an answer that isn't speculation.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only real question we have left to ask is -

when they gonna put you in charge of everyone else Gina :)

Edit: just finished taking lenny to drink - now, that's some storytelling to aspire to...

also, when we gonna get mounts that poop :p
    Edited by geonsocal on November 15, 2018 8:27PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

The worst thing she could say is that the entire company is trapped in a bubble only playing eso. That would be a disaster.
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heres my 2 cents..

Ive been playing this game for 2.5 years solid. No other games have been installed on my console...Until 2 weeks ago when RDR2 came out. I have subscribed with ESO Plus EVERY SINGLE MONTH that ive played this game. Ive never missed a month. Ive spent more money on this game than I care to admit. Ive supported this game and defended it plenty of times on this forum and on community pages on FB.

That will soon come to an end if things dont change.

Every patch, You guys ruin an entire class. It never fails. Nightblades, DKs, Templars..Now Sorcs. That is not “balance” in the slightest. It says (to me anyway) that the dev team literally has no idea how to balance classes and instead of fixing an issue, You nerf it to Oblivion and ruin characters that people have spent alot of time (and sometimes $) investing into. Now, You want to jack up racial passives?! I can only imagine what kind of show thats going to be.

You guys also dont listen to your community. If you want to know how people feel about your game, READ THESE FORUMS. You will see how your player base feels (at least a portion of it anyway) Alot of times, Those of us who read or post on the forums regularly are reporting back to our guilds and letting them know whats going on. Some of your player base are older individuals who dont know how or dont care to get on the forums. They make their decisions based on the information that is relayed back to them by us younger, more tech savvy members. This is the experience in my guild anyway. You guys (the devs) have poor communication skills and you need to step it up in a MAJOR way.

Trials are just ONE of your concerns. There are dungeons in this game that have been broken or glitched since I started playing this game. One example - Vaults of Madness. The 2nd boss that grabs a random player and suspends you in mid air until the orbs are broken (her name is escaping me right now) Her orbs only show up occasionally. And guess what? If the orbs dont show up, You dont get credit for killing her, Thus no credit for completing the dungeon. That should have been fixed years ago.

Step your game up ZOS. I havent cancelled my sub...YET. But I refuse to spend anything beyond that until some changes are made. I have a chat full of my closest gaming friends who feel the exact same way. Im only keeping my sub because of inventory management. If things dont start looking up in the near future, I will be unsubbing. And once I do that, I wont be playing anymore. I know im not the only one who feels this way.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add to my previous post, Another daunting issue in this game (at least on PS4 NA) are GUILD TRADERS. There is a select group of people/guilds who buy gold from the farmers and scam their members to stay ahead and corner the market. They ghost bid on all of the good spots in the game, And since they charge their members 15k a week to utilize their spots, On top of buying gold with real money...Guilds that arent affiliated with them dont stand a chance. There has to be a solution to this. Either by converting to a global market or fixing it to where these “ghost guilds” cant keep bidding on literally EVERY SPOT thats worth being in. When they buy up all these spots, They turn around and sell them to other guilds scrambling to find a trader at a ridiculous mark up. Theres no way a trader should cost upwards of 15 million gold for 7 days of use. Yet, They do. I have seen all of this with my own eyes.

So much needs to be fixed in this game that I would be happy if you guys cancelled 1-2 dlc drops to focus solely on QOL updates. At this point, Its pretty much necessary. You guys are killing the game the way you are handling things right now. Fix it before its too late.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno you might want to take a look at the FPS thread over in the Mac Tech Issues forum. It’s nice that you responded on here, but it’d be nice if you could show your Mac user base a little love.

Failing love, maybe just a bit of respect ?

Before you lose any more of them.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently playing a stam Warden.... and RDR2 ;)[/quote]

Are you playing Stam Warden because it got a buff to the animal skill line (we won’t talk about having to have all animal skills on one bar and the winter skill nerf line) or because every other class was destroyed in Nerfmire so Stam Wardens are what’s left? Well that or a Templar.....

Ps could you please tell us what race you are using? Just because the combat team don’t seem to be nerfing you only buffing you! So I would like to change all my characters to same race as you before project racial discrimination is launched sorry I mean update 21 (I keep getting naming conventions wrong)
    Edited by macsmooth on November 15, 2018 11:09PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RDR2

@ZOS_GinaBruno if y'all did just one postponement of a dlc to just work on quality of life and bug fixes this would go a long way in building community relations. I could almost garuntee that you wouldn't lose that much money because a lot of people would renew their subscriptions if a satisfactory job is done.

Not really trying to be mean but this game is so massive with so many issues because Zos keeps releasing dlcs without fixing years old issues. Surely y'all realize this isn't a sustainable business model.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... and RDR2 ;)

There's no way I would've taken the job at this hospital if the terms of employment precluded me from performing surgeries in whatever back alley, garage, or basement I want.

Maybe that's a bad analogy. But the more games the devs etc play the more inspiration they'll have to improve this one.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    We know you're not really sorry.

Also either deal with the state of things and wait for patches, or uninstall. Those are your options.

And inb4lock.

Still waiting for the missing anniversary box from 2017 for EU players. 18 months and counting...

How ZoS works: "Is it done?" "No Matt, it has only just begun..."
    Edited by Huyen on November 15, 2018 9:36PM
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
This discussion has been closed.