The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have ~21k of max health with blue food (max health/max magicka), pet and structured entropy slotted.

And I'm an Imperial magsorc (12% max health passive).

This (s)"chitty" shield is going to cost 1s to be conjured, weaker (9~10k hp shield, huge drop), and it can be critted.

While I spend the whole fight trying to break free from nightblade stuns and running around trying to figure out where the heck he went.

And there's Dark Exchange, 1s cast time, and then 20s to get the rest of the resources hahah

What a joke.

We don't have any defensive chit anymore

overload nerf that now deals chitty dmg as well

at least remove cast time of dark exchange and shields, awfully disgusting gameplay.

Edited by Benemime on October 9, 2018 8:52PM
    Options
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benemime wrote: »
    While I spend the whole fight trying to break free from nightblade stuns and running around trying to figure out where the heck he went.

Don't forget the Defensive Rune nerf (dodgeable stun after 1.2 seconds)
    What a joke.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    It's kinda obvious devs needs to take something away so they're choosing nerfing abilities.

If CP is the problem, instead of crippling the gameplay we love,
    ZOS should rather abolish the ill-designed CP system.

What to do with a patient suffering from cancer?
    Remove organs and amputate limbs where the cancer spreads to?
    Or remove the cancer as the source of the problem?

problem is the game is designed around it, look what happened with the removed the champoin points from morrowind. now no one can sustain. theyve been making content harder to keep up with it and they remove it and were all screwed. not to mention they have nerfed literally everything to the ground to keep up with it

Problem is that people got use to new easier playstyles so quickly they've forgot around what gameplay game was oroginally designed in 2014. It was harsh and punishing , sustain was designed to be hard same as survivality and people really needed to make build decisions instead of brainlesly going for full offensive stats. Everyone cried and still cries that Morrowind nerfed sustain but in reality even after Morrowind sustain was 10 times better then before Tamriel Unlimited. The problem is community is just concerned when there is lot of nerfs at once but is totally ok when we're getting hugely overbuffed which later causes issues. Morrowind nerfs were the resuls of constant buffs we were getting since Tamriel Unlimited release and constant power creep increase caused by that. At certain point champion points combined with constant addition of new better sets and game mechanics improvements started to make content too easy but people simply got used to it and when developer decided to bring game back to the roots with Morrowind everyone started to complain because everyone got used to new easier and faster playstyle. Champion points issue itself is much more complex and to truly balance the game there would be need of huge rework to CP system.

I perfectly recall how it was in 2014, even in beta.
    Ignoring the bugs, quest bugs and pets weakness, everything else in ESO felt perfect.

BUT

I did not suffer from regen / sustain at all and I could play smoothly as silk. Which is what originally made ESO a great, AAA MMO.

Sadly they nerfed NPCs so you could solo more than 2 of them (3 of them = you'd die even in simple outworld!) and nerfed Molag Baal to pulp.

Since 2014, ESO is only going DOWN, class gameplay and fun speaking. Only NBs started very mediocre and lackluster and became better. Even PvP was better and way more fluid.

@Vahrokh I think You slightly missed my point. I never said smooth gameplay was impossible before Tamriel Unlimited. I said quote "people really needed to make build decisions instead of brainlesly going for full offensive stats". Not suffering from sustain/regen issues was possible but it had some cost. Base sustain was hard especially in longer fights but You could make it better by building Your character properly and balancing stats out. You couldnt build setup like the ones that started around 2016 where You heavily almost brainlesly invest into offensive statistics and You still have great sustain and survivality. That is the difference between now and then. That is the difference I was talking about.

I've done all the trials when we still had veteran levels (look at Alleviant's health bar showing her level).

1DeCZta.jpg

Back at the time, I've soloed a ton of stuff: all world bosses but 1 and 4 men that did not have switches requiring 2 players and similar.
    Never had sustain issues to be honest.

NOTA BENE
    All of the above pertains to BEFORE Tamriel Unlimited.
    Just in case any ZOS employee is reading this and his finger is already twitching into adding new nerfs.

Ehh I had some hopes but nvm You've missed the point entirely despite my explanation.

Oh, I have perfectly understood you. But you write:
    You couldnt build setup like the ones that started around 2016 where You heavily almost brainlesly invest into offensive statistics and You still have great sustain and survivality

... and my whole point is that it's simply not true. I've ALWAYS geared for maximum offensive statistics since open beta and it's done very well until today.

It's not pure DPS classes jobs to "be tanky", "slot heal staff" etc. etc. else we'd just be playing WoW druids or something and be hybrids.
    The game - like WoW - should just make available proper gear sets to have tanks be optimal at tanking, healers be optimal at healing and DPS be optimal at DPS. Optimal at DPS includes "staying alive" with DPS gear, which so far has been quite possible.

It's been true for 4 years, I don't see why it should suddenly stop now.

Well actually You're lying here because with soft caps You simply couldnt build just for offensive statistics and if You did it was waste of stats. Using reduce cost or magicka regen parts of gear was a thing max magicka/stamina had a cap above whcih it was kinda pointlees to spend additional numbers in it. You simply were unable to stack just dmg stats and just dmg abilities and go for full burst rotation without backing up Your sustain. Telling that before tamriel Unlimited You were able to keep light attack rotation while investing fully into offensive statistics and beeing low health DD is simply a lie which can be disproved easily just by watching any hard mode trial clear video from 2014. I think Your memory can simply not work that great for remembering ESO early days.

I used AA set first and a mashup with Martial Knowledge later. I recall using 1 (one) regen enchant and that's it.
    Options
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭
    I have ~21k of max health with blue food (max health/max magicka), pet and structured entropy slotted.

This (s)"chitty" shield is going to cost 1s to be conjured, weaker (9~10k hp shield, huge drop), and it can be critted.

And there's Dark Exchange, 1s cast time, and then 20s to get the rest of the resources hahah

What a joke.

at least remove cast time of dark exchange and shields, awfully disgusting gameplay.

Someone is a little behind on the times......

Shields don't have a cast time anymore, they haven't for almost 2 weeks now. :expressionless:

Dark Exchange rework is more of a buff now imo. 3.6k Mag up front, and an effective 240 more regen that actually ticks for 120 per second, so all your skills will effectively cost 120 less mag for 20 seconds, and you get a free 120 regen between global cooldowns.

Overload rework is good except for the loss of the 3rd bar (that I will admit was a kick in the pants).

But cheesy Overload gank builds needed to die anyways. But don't worry, Overload on mag sorcs with be alive and well, as you can now regen magicka with FREAKING LIGHT ATTACK WEAVES, and you'll still be able to drop an Ice Comet on someone's head once you drop down to 170 ultimate.

While over here on my beloved Stam Sorc I'm forced to run the Heavy Armor meta and completely lost all viable usability from Overload, while every stam class I face is going to be taking 25% less damage from Hurricane, Cleave, Spin-to-Win, and Dawnbreaker.

Oh well, I guess I'll take the Dark Deal buff. Cheaper mag cost and stam recovery that works through sprint and block, which is a small consolation that I can stay optimistic about. :persevere:

Edit: "While I spend the whole fight trying to break free from nightblade stuns and running around trying to figure out where the heck he went." Okay, you've got a point there. I least I can still Spin-to-Win and Hurricane to keep them out of stealth.
    Edited by DCanadianBacon on October 9, 2018 10:51PM
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda obvious devs needs to take something away so they're choosing nerfing abilities.

problem is the game is designed around it, look what happened with the removed the champoin points from morrowind. now no one can sustain. theyve been making content harder to keep up with it and they remove it and were all screwed. not to mention they have nerfed literally everything to the ground to keep up with it

Problem is that people got use to new easier playstyles so quickly they've forgot around what gameplay game was oroginally designed in 2014. It was harsh and punishing , sustain was designed to be hard same as survivality and people really needed to make build decisions instead of brainlesly going for full offensive stats. Everyone cried and still cries that Morrowind nerfed sustain but in reality even after Morrowind sustain was 10 times better then before Tamriel Unlimited. The problem is community is just concerned when there is lot of nerfs at once but is totally ok when we're getting hugely overbuffed which later causes issues. Morrowind nerfs were the resuls of constant buffs we were getting since Tamriel Unlimited release and constant power creep increase caused by that. At certain point champion points combined with constant addition of new better sets and game mechanics improvements started to make content too easy but people simply got used to it and when developer decided to bring game back to the roots with Morrowind everyone started to complain because everyone got used to new easier and faster playstyle. Champion points issue itself is much more complex and to truly balance the game there would be need of huge rework to CP system.

Ignoring the bugs, quest bugs and pets weakness, everything else in ESO felt perfect.

BUT

I did not suffer from regen / sustain at all and I could play smoothly as silk. Which is what originally made ESO a great, AAA MMO.

Sadly they nerfed NPCs so you could solo more than 2 of them (3 of them = you'd die even in simple outworld!) and nerfed Molag Baal to pulp.

Since 2014, ESO is only going DOWN, class gameplay and fun speaking. Only NBs started very mediocre and lackluster and became better. Even PvP was better and way more fluid.

@Vahrokh I think You slightly missed my point. I never said smooth gameplay was impossible before Tamriel Unlimited. I said quote "people really needed to make build decisions instead of brainlesly going for full offensive stats". Not suffering from sustain/regen issues was possible but it had some cost. Base sustain was hard especially in longer fights but You could make it better by building Your character properly and balancing stats out. You couldnt build setup like the ones that started around 2016 where You heavily almost brainlesly invest into offensive statistics and You still have great sustain and survivality. That is the difference between now and then. That is the difference I was talking about.

I've done all the trials when we still had veteran levels (look at Alleviant's health bar showing her level).

1DeCZta.jpg

Back at the time, I've soloed a ton of stuff: all world bosses but 1 and 4 men that did not have switches requiring 2 players and similar.

NOTA BENE
    Just in case any ZOS employee is reading this and his finger is already twitching into adding new nerfs.

Ehh I had some hopes but nvm You've missed the point entirely despite my explanation.

You couldnt build setup like the ones that started around 2016 where You heavily almost brainlesly invest into offensive statistics and You still have great sustain and survivality

... and my whole point is that it's simply not true. I've ALWAYS geared for maximum offensive statistics since open beta and it's done very well until today.

It's not pure DPS classes jobs to "be tanky", "slot heal staff" etc. etc. else we'd just be playing WoW druids or something and be hybrids.
    The game - like WoW - should just make available proper gear sets to have tanks be optimal at tanking, healers be optimal at healing and DPS be optimal at DPS. Optimal at DPS includes "staying alive" with DPS gear, which so far has been quite possible.

Well actually You're lying here because with soft caps You simply couldnt build just for offensive statistics and if You did it was waste of stats. Using reduce cost or magicka regen parts of gear was a thing max magicka/stamina had a cap above whcih it was kinda pointlees to spend additional numbers in it. You simply were unable to stack just dmg stats and just dmg abilities and go for full burst rotation without backing up Your sustain. Telling that before tamriel Unlimited You were able to keep light attack rotation while investing fully into offensive statistics and beeing low health DD is simply a lie which can be disproved easily just by watching any hard mode trial clear video from 2014. I think Your memory can simply not work that great for remembering ESO early days.

I used AA set first and a mashup with Martial Knowledge later. I recall using 1 (one) regen enchant and that's it.

And what was Your max health/stamina/magicka ? Similar ratio to current ones ? Can Youi deny that average DD had around 1/3 more health then offensive resource ? How about wep/spell dmg (staves scaled from wep dmg back then) ? Were You able to reach similar values to current ones ? Also were You able to sustain easily light/medium attack rotation without using spell symetry or fast ulti gen on mag dk ?
    Edited by Juhasow on October 9, 2018 11:53PM
    Options
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭

What a joke.

Shields don't have a cast time anymore, they haven't for almost 2 weeks now. :expressionless:

Dark Exchange rework is more of a buff now imo. 3.6k Mag up front, and an effective 240 more regen that actually ticks for 120 per second, so all your skills will effectively cost 120 less mag for 20 seconds, and you get a free 120 regen between global cooldowns.

Overload rework is good except for the loss of the 3rd bar (that I will admit was a kick in the pants).

But cheesy Overload gank builds needed to die anyways. But don't worry, Overload on mag sorcs with be alive and well, as you can now regen magicka with FREAKING LIGHT ATTACK WEAVES, and you'll still be able to drop an Ice Comet on someone's head once you drop down to 170 ultimate.

While over here on my beloved Stam Sorc I'm forced to run the Heavy Armor meta and completely lost all viable usability from Overload, while every stam class I face is going to be taking 25% less damage from Hurricane, Cleave, Spin-to-Win, and Dawnbreaker.

Oh well, I guess I'll take the Dark Deal buff. Cheaper mag cost and stam recovery that works through sprint and block, which is a small consolation that I can stay optimistic about. :persevere:

Edit: "While I spend the whole fight trying to break free from nightblade stuns and running around trying to figure out where the heck he went." Okay, you've got a point there. I least I can still Spin-to-Win and Hurricane to keep them out of stealth.

We always had that morph for overload, it's called "Energy Overload", restoring magicka from LA is the default mechanic now?

At least they removed the cast time, but it's still is a big nerf to shields, from ~18k to ~9k and crits
    Options
  • Subhuman
    Subhuman
    Soul Shriven

What a joke.

We always had that morph for overload, it's called "Energy Overload", restoring magicka from LA is the default mechanic now?

At least they removed the cast time, but it's still is a big nerf to shields, from ~18k to ~9k and crits

Key word there is weave. The morph is the same but you can weave it with skills now just like a regular light attack.
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subhuman wrote: »

What a joke.

Key word there is weave. The morph is the same but you can weave it with skills now just like a regular light attack.

I've tested it in PTS and its nowhere near smooth as a LA. Certainly not worth removing the 3rd bar for
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Subhuman
    Subhuman
    Soul Shriven

Ankael07 wrote: »

What a joke.

I've tested it in PTS and its nowhere near smooth as a LA. Certainly not worth removing the 3rd bar for

I don't disagree with either of those things just pointing out to the guy the new functionality
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magsorc, Im fine with the changes next patch now.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »

Don't forget the Defensive Rune nerf (dodgeable stun after 1.2 seconds)
    What a joke.

yeah, it ain't funny any more.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

What a joke.

I don't disagree with either of those things just pointing out to the guy the new functionality

Weaving OL would be awesome if the projectile wasn’t still so agonizingly slow and easy to dodge.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BUT

1DeCZta.jpg

NOTA BENE

And what was Your max health/stamina/magicka ? Similar ratio to current ones ? Can Youi deny that average DD had around 1/3 more health then offensive resource ? How about wep/spell dmg (staves scaled from wep dmg back then) ? Were You able to reach similar values to current ones ? Also were You able to sustain easily light/medium attack rotation without using spell symetry or fast ulti gen on mag dk ?

I am not an accountant, with accurate logs of 4 years ago. I used AA gear and, later, Martial Knowledge. I don't think they have changed health / magicka ratio. I did have to regrind AA gear, because my original AA gear was considered a different set than IA we get now.
    Edited by Vahrokh on October 10, 2018 8:18AM
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc healing is by far the most pathetic in game atm.
    I can say it was correct on being this way because of the shield(lol) and the armor shield magsorcs can use.

While magsorc heal to exit execute range is WARD WARD WARD WARD atm, we REMOVED ward initial heal to even more destroy sorcs.

If sorcs dont get a decent healing passively and not by slotting useless skills to heal things are horribly balanced.

MagDK's heal from: Scratch+Blood+Ulti+mutagen+lightattacks(degeneration) (most decent builds)

MagBlades heal from: Funnel+Lightattacks+refreshingPatch+mutagen(most decent nonGank builds)

Magplars heal from: BoL/HtD+Ritual+lightattacks(degeneration) (most decent builds)

MagWardens Heal from: Mushrooms+Seed+Vines+Lotus+Natures grasp (depending build + group)

MagSorc Heal from: When a frag procs and NOT dodged...+ Surge IF slotted. (assuming people are not blind to let you cast NERFED Dark Conversion)

The current state of magsorc cant utilize many skills it needs in ability bars since all goodies most classes get passively by slotting a skill magsorc has to actually slot a useless skill to gain access to..

Blood magic heal needs to be transferred in Daedric skill line so when a sorc deals damage with his curse will get a decent heal.

Major Ward and Major resolve needs to be put somewhere else and be used passively as other classes gain access to it without having to slot useless skills.

With the current state of cyrodiil, Elder Tanks Online sorcs DESPERATELY need major breach without having to slot ANOTHER useless skill to do so.

Streak cost increase needs to definitely be removed OR any gap closer in game get the same treatment.

Finally, the only class that desperately need a sustain help is magsorc. Not stamscorc, stamsorcs do FINE as they are in pve + pvp.
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on October 10, 2018 9:12AM
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BUT

1DeCZta.jpg

NOTA BENE

I am not an accountant, with accurate logs of 4 years ago. I used AA gear and, later, Martial Knowledge. I don't think they have changed health / magicka ratio. I did have to regrind AA gear, because my original AA gear was considered a different set than IA we get now.

I remember running 4x Martial Knowledge (with a VR 13 Hand piece at first) and 5x Warlock back then. Good ol times.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

BUT

1DeCZta.jpg

NOTA BENE

I remember running 4x Martial Knowledge (with a VR 13 Hand piece at first) and 5x Warlock back then. Good ol times.

good old times :(
    • Sorcs could streak and were mobile(not snared to dead or stuck in air or snared by gap closing )
    • Sorc had some nice melee combos: dawnbreaker+proxi (really punishing against stacked players)
    • Sorc had sustain
    • Sorc could run dw
    • Sorc did not need endless fury to kill something
    • Sorc mines were dangerous
    • Sorc did not have to farm vDSA for a staff to have a cc since frags did cc
    • Sorc had a burst ulti with dawnbreaker that does not warn your enemy
    • Sorcs did not have to spam shields every 4 sec out of combat just so a ganker could not instant kill them (It is really tired some to just stand there spamming shields because you know that the nb will just destroy you the moment you did not spam it)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If sorcs should get 1 sec cast time on shield, then i want NBs to have a 1 sec delay on roll Dodge.. 😏
    Options
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    If shields are being reduced to 50% max health, but scales with magicka, and are now crittable, and take into account resistances that basically don't exist, then I propose a change.

Every time someone casts a shield, that cast should full up their ultimate bar completely, and it should also renew everyone's subscription for a full year.

Per cast.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »

BUT

1DeCZta.jpg

NOTA BENE

good old times :(
    • Sorcs could streak and were mobile(not snared to dead or stuck in air or snared by gap closing )
    • Sorc had some nice melee combos: dawnbreaker+proxi (really punishing against stacked players)
    • Sorc had sustain
    • Sorc could run dw
    • Sorc did not need endless fury to kill something
    • Sorc mines were dangerous
    • Sorc did not have to farm vDSA for a staff to have a cc since frags did cc
    • Sorc had a burst ulti with dawnbreaker that does not warn your enemy
    • Sorcs did not have to spam shields every 4 sec out of combat just so a ganker could not instant kill them (It is really tired some to just stand there spamming shields because you know that the nb will just destroy you the moment you did not spam it)

But hey, when you chase around rocks a stamblade to kill it for 5 min and use like 5 pots its not balanced because the nb died.

When you get 1shotted from a nightblade though because you really forgot for just 1 sec to have a shield on ITS OK
    Options
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that developers do not play their own game :D
    Look at non CP PvP (BG's or Cyro) there is no problems with SORC's shields :)
    The hint is clear? I hope :D
    Edited by Lokov on October 10, 2018 2:22PM
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian
    Options
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play a Sorc on live - it's fairly obvious we have nothing to offer vs. stamblades / nightblades - it's so pathetic - as soon as your shield drops you will get 1 shot by 15k ultimates.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokov wrote: »

No, there we have a fury problem that steals ppl's kills.

We always have a magsorc problem bro, since 2014 after DK was burried to the ground THIS game has magsorc problems.

Hint, nobody has L2P problems.
    Options
  • maxlacab16_ESO
    maxlacab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The changes in the upcoming patch to the play-ability of the game are disastrous, short sighted, knee-jerk NERFS that remind me of grade school conflict management. It is a shame, how ZOS is catering to those players who can't play the game and whine about those who do. There is no build that is exclusive to anyone. Everyone can utilize the so-called "over powered" builds, everyone can tweak their toons with the same gear, abilities and stats, and be just as fast, just as tanky, just as dodgy as the next player! They should stop whining and learn to play the game...instead of ZOS caving in and NERFING the fun for the rest of the players! It is a real shame.

Because the money we pay remains the bottom line of ZOS's interest, and I see no intention on ZOS's part to make sensible improvements to the game, that increase the fun of playing it, while they are in fact decreasing it, I vote against the upcoming changes and cancel my subscription (money to ZOS). I would encourage everyone else, who feels this way, to do the same. Let ZOS feel your disappointment.

I will be happy to re-sub, once ZOS wakes up to the damaging effects that their short sighted knee-jerk NERFS have, and return to an enjoyable game-play philosophy. Until then…
    Options
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bound Aegis (active) is still useless. Awful utility for magsorcs that no one ever care to press the button, it's only there because of the passive buffs.
    Edited by Benemime on October 10, 2018 6:49PM
    Options
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I never really tried heavy armor on my magsorc before because of the totally absent synergies. My plan for Murkmire was to stay with 5-1-1 light, but I decided to at least try a 5-1-1 heavy build. About an hour ago, I decided to give it a spin on the no-CP live server.

I was surprised. I mean, I won't kill any decent player (not too different from now), but O BOI there will be nerf sorc threads after Murkmire!

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    Lokov wrote: »

No, there we have a fury problem that steals ppl's kills.

We always have a magsorc problem bro, since 2014 after DK was burried to the ground THIS game has magsorc problems.

Hint, nobody has L2P problems.

And what exactly are those problems?!
    Fury kill stealing is not a problem related to the skill itself but the scoring system.
    So what is your complaint?
    Supposedly most mobile class that gets outrunned by all stam classes?
    Supposedly great burst that is telegraphed and anyone that can count to 4 should have no issues and even though you get to land your combo , it's so lackluster that 90% of ppl just shrug it off?
    Supposedly OP shields that scale the worst with the number of attackers then any other defensive mechanic?
    What is it?
    Or do you mean it the problem that Sorc have worst sustain, itemization range, access to buffs and debuffs....?
    Then i completely agree with you.

Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my testing was correct earlier, the sweet spot to avoid the hardened ward bug while still getting as much mag as possible lies between 47,332 and 47,436 max mag. I basically took my standard 'stack max mag" petsorc build with necro, IA, and Ilambris on a bar with shield, liquid lightning, blockade, pet, aegis, and atro, and started fiddling with traits and enchants to lower mag and see if hardened ward worked. It didn't at 47,436. It did at 47,332.

In that case it's probably 47,360 which is 0xB900 ...
    type.gif
    Options
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Despite the reversal on the cast time, I look at all the magsorc nerfs in general in this patch, and I still expect to be forced to shelve my 4 years old magsorc once this patch lands. Will probably have to wait to see if they go back on any of these nerfs for update 21.

Very disappointing.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BUT

1DeCZta.jpg

NOTA BENE

Well You just said by Yourself then that You dont remember how combat was looking. You just remember what You've been using but not how stats and fights were like. Magicka/health ratio changed a lot btw , even DDs had more health then magicka and good trial DPS was around 1k which is like todays 10k so yeah we got buffed a little. There is lot of holes in Your memories from that times.
    Options
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pvp it will be ok. Might be even better then it is now on live in heavy. In pve all mages will suffer greatly. Those tiny shields won't do in any serious content.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
    Options