Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And ulti dumping exists because of groups stacking earthgore + healing, which exist because of ulti dumps and tanky builds... and round we go.

Power creep exists not just in raw damage, but in healing and tankiness as well. It has to be unravelled together, you can't just pick at one part of it.
    Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    @Mangeli200194

Idk what to tell you about that honestly. Most high burst builds give up survivability (due to lower defense and sustain) on their character to get that kind of damage. While yes ulti dumping on 1-2 players should be frowned on in my opinion players can't be controlled in that manner. What can be done is giving better counters to ultimates. Which I believe a lot of ultimates already have good counters. For example... Soul assault you LoS/Block, Leap you are given a split second for the animation and you can block it, meteor you are given a huge opportunity to counter by CC opponent or blocking the meteor, destruction ultimate you are given 2 seconds and can manuver away from, just to name a few. Dawnbreaker being one of the ultimates that don't (instant high Aoe damage tied to a stun with no warning and passive weapon damage increase is pretty OP).

But by creating clear counters to ultimates it becomes, I react this way to survive versus I stack this much health and use no part of my own skill to survive. That's my harp on the matter.

Dawnbreaker requires melee range and is the least devastating of the ultimates that you mentioned (besides Leap which is trash). It can also be dodged enough times. It's probably the strongest ultimate in the game right now, but it should be the benchmark, not the next subject for a nerf.

-Sincerely, a MagSorc main that currently prefers Meteor over DB (without Cage)
    Options
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    swirve wrote: »

I say this dude is most likely a pet build heavy attack sorc, lol xD

Youd be wrong then, im a non pet build.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    It's probably the strongest ultimate in the game right now, but it should be the benchmark, not the next subject for a nerf.

This is the attitude this forum so severely lacks. All the time it's about bringing things down that work well, down to the level of things that get complained about for being not good enough. Best seen in the sorc CC discussion where every other post is from a magden stating how bad their cc situation is.

You get it right. Dawnbreaker, Nightblades and all that other stuff that is deemed borderline op should be the bar for balancing things, not what's in the gutter.
    Options
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    More stamina options...better sustain..then good to go
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    @Mangeli200194

Idk what to tell you about that honestly. Most high burst builds give up survivability (due to lower defense and sustain) on their character to get that kind of damage. While yes ulti dumping on 1-2 players should be frowned on in my opinion players can't be controlled in that manner. What can be done is giving better counters to ultimates. Which I believe a lot of ultimates already have good counters. For example... Soul assault you LoS/Block, Leap you are given a split second for the animation and you can block it, meteor you are given a huge opportunity to counter by CC opponent or blocking the meteor, destruction ultimate you are given 2 seconds and can manuver away from, just to name a few. Dawnbreaker being one of the ultimates that don't (instant high Aoe damage tied to a stun with no warning and passive weapon damage increase is pretty OP).

But by creating clear counters to ultimates it becomes, I react this way to survive versus I stack this much health and use no part of my own skill to survive. That's my harp on the matter.

@Jsmalls
    Spon on. If something is counterable like meteor blocked it does 3k damage max, unblocked 7-8k damage. so even with only 20k hp if you block, youll survive 3 metoers similtaniously casted on you. with the Dawnbreaker the only protection is having enough resistances+ health to be able to "Eat" those dawnys. A counter i honestly detest but its either that or beeing a ap piniatta. thats why i have 34k hp and 35.6k resistances on my ww because otherwise triple-dawnys will simply delete me(this way i have a fighting chance vs such ultistomps)... oh yees and my main heal scales of max health such having 30k+health also helps^^
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    My 2 Painpoints for this Class (Stamina PoV):
    1. They need more Stamina based Ability Morphs, Crystal Blast would be an excellent option for a Stammorph, maybe a melee Spammable
    2. The Daedric Summoning Tree is almost unusable for Stamsorcs due to Passives requiering a Pet active. My suggestion for that would be to make at least one Pet a Stamina based morph or make Passives activate on a conjuration skill slotted and not on an active Pet!
    just my 2 cents

#PetsSuckD*ck B)
    ! . . .
    I once dreamed to be a powerful Cryomancer, then i woke up and a bear was licking my face ...
    "WTB Cryomancy, a Spellsword, intelligent Pets maybe?!"
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
    Options
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    werzui wrote: »
    1. They need more Stamina based Ability Morphs, Crystal Blast would be an excellent option for a Stammorph, maybe a melee Spammable
    2. The Daedric Summoning Tree is almost unusable for Stamsorcs due to Passives requiering a Pet active. My suggestion for that would be to make at least one Pet a Stamina based morph or make Passives activate on a conjuration skill slotted and not on an active Pet!
    just my 2 cents

#PetsSuckD*ck B)

Crystal blast can stay ranged and function like frags. One thing to add is to give both a stun may be leave frags to be extra damage and cost reduction (restore the 20% too, hell make it 25) and just make blast proced insta cast on stam and scale off of and cost stam
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a suggestion for devs. Just nerf all sorc skills. So we will be free from nerfing. Or delete this class. What class will be next under nerfing machine?
    Options
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭

JobooAGS wrote: »
    just my 2 cents

#PetsSuckD*ck B)

Crystal blast can stay ranged and function like frags. One thing to add is to give both a stun may be leave frags to be extra damage and cost reduction (restore the 20% too, hell make it 25) and just make blast proced insta cast on stam and scale off of and cost stam

I would agree on that and i really hope that the daedric summoning tree gets some adjustments for stamsorcs!
    this skilltree turns me off the most when im thinking on stamsorcs :/
    ! . . .
    I once dreamed to be a powerful Cryomancer, then i woke up and a bear was licking my face ...
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just my 2 cents

#PetsSuckD*ck B)

I would agree on that and i really hope that the daedric summoning tree gets some adjustments for stamsorcs!

I would agree too, but unfortunately daedric summoning has nothing to do with stamina. So I'm afraid it won't happen, other than the one morph from that one skill that 'kinda' makes sense to be stamina too. Passives like hp/stam regen help stam sorcs too.
    Options
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    just my 2 cents

#PetsSuckD*ck B)

I would agree too, but unfortunately daedric summoning has nothing to do with stamina. So I'm afraid it won't happen, other than the one morph from that one skill that 'kinda' makes sense to be stamina too. Passives like hp/stam regen help stam sorcs too.

Oh hey @LegendaryMage i was in your guild before my huge break from ESO, how are you doing mate?! :D

but anyway, im aware that Conjuration has less to do with Stamina but tbh, the Stamsorc is more of a Spellsword/Witchhunter class in my opinion, so im not really asking for working stampets cause pets suck you know, but more passives that activate without having pets up and btw previous elderscrolls titles like morrowind and skyrim had bound weapons and/or Armor, so conjuration was used by spellsword characters or other battlemage style warriors ;)

sadly, im also aware that ZoS mostly doesn't care much so im just thinking silly stuff :o

p.s. @FENGRUSH where u at we need your voice for the stams(orc)s ma lord :D
    Edited by werzui on August 28, 2018 9:07PM
    ! . . .
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
    Options
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God please no. I don't want a stam variant of crystal frags.

You could make the creepy scamp a melee pet I guess. Have it deal physical damage with his lil rat claw of a hand. I personally don't want to deal with a pet but I guess......??? Could have the atro deal physical and be mobile like the wardens bear but not be a permanent thing.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

BuddyAces wrote: »

You could make the creepy scamp a melee pet I guess. Have it deal physical damage with his lil rat claw of a hand. I personally don't want to deal with a pet but I guess......??? Could have the atro deal physical and be mobile like the wardens bear but not be a permanent thing.

The creepy Clannfear you mean ?

I would prefer them to change unused morph ... like clannfear and twillight tormentor into useful stuff like stam pet or tank pet.
    Options
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭

lol that thing with the atro u mentioned, why not make a stam morph of the atro that is an air atronach like these from craglorn and let it deal physycal damage ?
    ! . . .
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol that thing with the atro u mentioned, why not make a stam morph of the atro that is an air atronach like these from craglorn and let it deal physycal damage ?

they mentioned this idea, this would be interesting ( change the Charged atro morph ), both should be able to move or we should be able to recast both atro 2 times, where we want ( this would not reset the duration, but allow another player to take the synergy).

Edited by Apherius on August 28, 2018 9:14PM
    Options
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There we go. You said it better than I did. Still would like to have something though. In these dlc dungeons I basically use hurricane and BA on one bar (throw in crit surge now and then cuz why not) and dark deal on back bar. That's it for class skills. Pretty sad.

Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @werzui Doing good bud, thanks! I'm not running guild anymore, no time for that at the moment. I think if someone was right about Battlemage class being datamined, we'll see something cool in the future, until then maybe an Air Atronach morph will come along, but I guess that's about it.
    Options
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    @werzui Doing good bud, thanks! I'm not running guild anymore, no time for that at the moment. I think if someone was right about Battlemage class being datamined, we'll see something cool in the future, until then maybe an Air Atronach morph will come along, but I guess that's about it.

sad to hear that about your guild, was fun duelling back in the days :(

one different idea that i had about making a pet viable for stam would be, to make the twillight tormenthor scale off of the highest stat like flames of oblivion does, for the scamp/clanfear i couldn't care less cuz the twillight looks so cool and it reminds me of my old TES3 morrowind spellsword character that used to summon an winged twillight alongside my verminous fabricant and the hulking fabricant that i modded myself into barilzars mazed band, and me bashing heads in with trueflame and hopesfire :D

ahhh good ol days B)
    #thats why stamsorc seems just too good for me in eso even if my main and crafting chars are magblades :p
    Edited by werzui on August 28, 2018 10:44PM
    ! . . .
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
    Options
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ffs don't leave me hangin here, explain this datamined battlemage you are speaking of. First time I've seen it mentioned. Spill it!

Options
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭

Ffs don't leave me hangin here, explain this datamined battlemage you are speaking of. First time I've seen it mentioned. Spill it!

i really hope that they stop introducing new classes and make skillines instead !
    i mean look at the warden, ZoS is unable of balancing current classes so pls for the love of god and all that walks on this earth pls not another class that causes me to reroll a new character :s
    ! . . .
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be a troll, a fake or whatever, but someone's friend apparently found it 'somewhere' in the files, I'm 50-50 about it but can see it happening given that Warden has been in the game since launch, just not finished/playable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/378859/new-class-confirmed/p1

i really hope that they stop introducing new classes and make skillines instead !
    i mean look at the warden, ZoS is unable of balancing current classes so pls for the love of god and all that walks on this earth pls not another class that causes me to reroll a new character :s

Skill lines would be cool, although I'd rather they first fix/improve existing skills, there are so many useless ones, they're really in bad need of updating.

After that, maybe necromancy, or a lich theme skill tree, spell crafting ones where every school of magic was supposed to have a skill tree with passives and abilities etc. but was probably a mess to make with the system 'The Konk' was working on.
    Options
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭

Could be a troll, a fake or whatever, but someone's friend apparently found it 'somewhere' in the files, I'm 50-50 about it but can see it happening given that Warden has been in the game since launch, just not finished/playable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/378859/new-class-confirmed/p1

Skill lines would be cool, although I'd rather they first fix/improve existing skills, there are so many useless ones, they're really in bad need of updating.

After that, maybe necromancy, or a lich theme skill tree, spell crafting ones where every school of magic was supposed to have a skill tree with passives and abilities etc. but was probably a mess to make with the system 'The Konk' was working on.

yeah there are plenty of skills that are in bad need of buffs or reworks!
    necromancy idk it seems like necromancers are the obvious bad guys?!
    for spellcrafting it would be a mess to balance but maybe they come up with something creative, i still have some grains of hope here for Zenimax
    but first they should FIX useless skills and stop introducing bullsh*t like sloads, ZoS :D !!!
    Edited by werzui on August 28, 2018 11:42PM
    ! . . .
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
    Options
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time for frags to get the 20% damage bonus back. Don't bother with the "cost effectiveness" of frags unless it's to make it hit harder. I won't sit here and say magic sorcs are bottom tier now like some but it's a very tough fight vs any meta stam build with much higher sustained pressure and better mitigation. Between dodges, reflects, high average spell resist, rampant healing with no native defile, and glowing purple hands, there is no reason that sorcs can't be rewarded a bit more when they land frags on someone. Any class can smash potatoes. John Q 200 CP will die in exactly the same manner if frags hit 10% harder, but it will help sorcs out in high level play.

Playing sorc in this mobility bleed meta with gimped streak and underpowered frags is a sure recipe for me to start maining something else. And I am not advocating for bleed nerfs. Sorc burst simply needs a small increase to keep up with current high pressure builds. As for mobility... something needs to change and if Swift is gonna be a PvP staple please un**** streak.

These are my general observations addressed to the combat team thru our Class Reps (please and thank you). This is sincere feedback from someone who "mains" magic sorc but has 10 other viable builds to play as well and just wants a fair shake.

@Joy_Division
    @Checkmath
    @NightbladeMechanics
    @Masel92
    @Tasear

Can't remember the others, no offense and apologies!
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    It's time for frags to get the 20% damage bonus back. Don't bother with the "cost effectiveness" of frags unless it's to make it hit harder. I won't sit here and say magic sorcs are bottom tier now like some but it's a very tough fight vs any meta stam build with much higher sustained pressure and better mitigation. Between dodges, reflects, high average spell resist, rampant healing with no native defile, and glowing purple hands, there is no reason that sorcs can't be rewarded a bit more when they land frags on someone. Any class can smash potatoes. John Q 200 CP will die in exactly the same manner if frags hit 10% harder, but it will help sorcs out in high level play.

Playing sorc in this mobility bleed meta with gimped streak and underpowered frags is a sure recipe for me to start maining something else. And I am not advocating for bleed nerfs. Sorc burst simply needs a small increase to keep up with current high pressure builds. As for mobility... something needs to change and if Swift is gonna be a PvP staple please un**** streak.

These are my general observations addressed to the combat team thru our Class Reps (please and thank you). This is sincere feedback from someone who "mains" magic sorc but has 10 other viable builds to play as well and just wants a fair shake.

@Joy_Division
    @Checkmath
    @NightbladeMechanics
    @Masel92
    @Tasear

Noted, but frags has been a quite sensitive topic to the devs so far...
    I don't have high hopes on getting the stun back, but this and cost efficiency might be worth a shot.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joy_Division
    @Checkmath
    @NightbladeMechanics
    @Masel92
    @Tasear

Noted some things to share with other class reps. Thank you for sharing concerns.
    Options
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't effect me so much since as a sorcerer we are usually the ones dropping it, but whenever someone uses Storm Atronach, the synergy on it is such a pain to activate. I wish it were easier to use for the whole group since you have to right up next to the atronach, and even then the synergy is sketchy to activate at best.
    Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing a ton of pvp since the patch, and one really big pain point is the lack of a good burst ultimate for mag sorcs. Meteor gets blocked nearly every time and doesnt compare favorably to dawnbreaker.
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    I have been playing a ton of pvp since the patch, and one really big pain point is the lack of a good burst ultimate for mag sorcs. Meteor gets blocked nearly every time and doesnt compare favorably to dawnbreaker.

This is high on our priority list for mag sorc now. Wrobel is looking at options for reworking Overload, and we have advised him to move in that direction with it.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

This is high on our priority list for mag sorc now. Wrobel is looking at options for reworking Overload, and we have advised him to move in that direction with it.

This is long overdue and would go a looong way. Good to hear. =) Now, please make sure he doesn't just make Power Overload stun, but actually re-designs the whole thing.
    Options