The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Nightblade Feedback Thread

• xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repost from the PTS combat changes thread since it effects Nightblade Tanks in a way and I know theres a meeting coming up:

The Atronach

Tactician: Fixed an issue where this passive was setting enemies Off Balance when you dodged their attack with dodge bonuses such as Major/Minor Evasion, instead of only from Roll Dodge.

Please reconsider this. It synergies really well with the NB Tank and makes it unique with "Mirage" while helping the team by applying Off Balance to enemies. (Btw: its the only real group support the NB Tank has)
    Also its not really OP because of the cooldown, only applying Off-Balance once every few seconds (15seconds I believe).
    This would be a huge nerf to a niche tanking class and widen the gap between DK Tanks and NB Tanks which is pretty wide anyway.

I also expect this change to not get a huge response from the community since there are only a few NB Tanks left, after taking away Sap tanking from us. So please dont take this away as well, at least not without buffing the NB Tank first!

Edit: We NB Tanks only got indirect nerfs this patch which is really saddening considering the already mediocre state we are in...
    It feels like we are getting left out.
    Edited by xI_The_Owl_Ix on July 18, 2018 4:57AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repost from the PTS combat changes thread since it effects Nightblade Tanks in a way and I know theres a meeting coming up:

The Atronach

Tactician: Fixed an issue where this passive was setting enemies Off Balance when you dodged their attack with dodge bonuses such as Major/Minor Evasion, instead of only from Roll Dodge.

Please reconsider this. It synergies really well with the NB Tank and makes it unique with "Mirage" while helping the team by applying Off Balance to enemies. (Btw: its the only real group support the NB Tank has)
    Also its not really OP because of the cooldown, only applying Off-Balance once every few seconds (15seconds I believe).
    This would be a huge nerf to a niche tanking class and widen the gap between DK Tanks and NB Tanks which is pretty wide anyway.

I also expect this change to not get a huge response from the community since there are only a few NB Tanks left, after taking away Sap tanking from us. So please dont take this away as well, at least not without buffing the NB Tank first!

Edit: We NB Tanks only got indirect nerfs this patch which is really saddening considering the already mediocre state we are in...

God. Dam. It.

I just made a set of Noturnals Favor and was going to try this dodge-tanking out. It’s like they are following and keep slapping the fun out of my hands.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

The Atronach

God. Dam. It.

I just made a set of Noturnals Favor and was going to try this dodge-tanking out. It’s like they are following and keep slapping the fun out of my hands.

Welcome to the world of non DK tanking!
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge chance isn’t high enough. Outside of double take giving major evasion, where do you get minor?
    The problem with nb tanking is that we just get hit too hard by bosses in pve. I mean if a dk is taking & let’s say the boss does 5 attacks & dk mitigates 80% of each attack. Even a bad healer can keep him alive.

If you’re a nb tank & you’re dodging 3/5 of those attacks but each attack you can only mitigate 30% of the damage, those 2 attacks you didn’t dodge, you’re either dead or almost dead. Nb tanks “require” a pro healer to be on their game, if they blink you’re dead.
    Edited by kaithuzar on July 19, 2018 5:18AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    If Siphoning Attacks were restored ZOS would have to revert the Morrowind sustain changes for all other classes too. Not likely to happen.

Some of the suggestions on this thread are also ridiculous buffs.

Nope. They gave Dark Exchange or whatever a .2 second cast extension. Unless they’ve nerfed it more since I’ve been gone, I don’t see how that is equal treatment. They should have make DE cost magicka to gain magicka if they wanted to be equitable. But they didn’t. So we don’t have to revert ALL classes, just the one skill because it still makes no sense to spend magick to gain magick (and only if you are 100% perfect in its execution). If it’s good for the goose (Sorcs) it’s good for the gander (Nbs)

They spend stamina and get health and magicka. No other requirements like must hit 5 times or wait until the buff ends. https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Exchange

It’s bs that they took SA away and left DE.

Give me back SA, even if it has a 1.2 second cast time lol.

Dark Conversion/Exchange is a good PvP skill. I don’t think you can fit it into a PvE rotation though. SA is clearly better in PvE.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Dodge chance isn’t high enough. Outside of double take giving major evasion, where do you get minor?
    The problem with nb tanking is that we just get hit too hard by bosses in pve. I mean if a dk is taking & let’s say the boss does 5 attacks & dk mitigates 80% of each attack. Even a bad healer can keep him alive.

If you’re a nb tank & you’re dodging 3/5 of those attacks but each attack you can only mitigate 30% of the damage, those 2 attacks you didn’t dodge, you’re either dead or almost dead. Nb tanks “require” a pro healer to be on their game, if they blink you’re dead.

Where are you getting the 80% vs 30% mitigation from. Genuine question. Dk mitigation from class comes in the form of 10 percent more damage blocked and 3300 spell resist vs NB mitigation via minor ward, minor resolve and on demand minor protection for big incoming hits. I dont see the huge discrepancy especially since you can make up a little bit of that in cp that dk tanks dont usually invest as much into.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »

Uh, I don’t know. I used to tank vetICP on my sap tank back in the day with terrible healers. I was overhealing the group while tanking. I’m not looking to replace Dks for trials or leaderboards, I’m looking to have fun rumbling with giant beasties again.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics good day, I would like to ask is strife being non reflected an issue being brought up, or is that viewed as a non issue?
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incap is hard to balance... on its own it’s no big deal but in conjunction with combos that is when it becomes a problem.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Playing mostly magblade, some stamblade, mostly PvP. I am a middling player.

Cloak is either too weak or too strong. You are either safe, or you are completely screwed when Cloak is hard countered. The hard counters I am primarily talking about are Mark and Sloads. Mark, because it lasts so long and because it's OP in groups. Sloads, I know, will be fixed. I have not much of a problem with other counters, the next best being potions, as they all have limitations.

Shield Breaker in combination with Mark is my other pain point. It is honestly a death sentence for mag NB. Not especially popular now, but I'm afraid it will become so, if that set that increases light attack speed becomes a reality.

I guess those are the ones. A side note would be that magblade sustain is no longer a thing. It is now no different from other classes in that regard, but I'd be lying if I said that affects my build much. I adapted by using both Siphoning Attacks and Deep Thoughts.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics good day, I would like to ask is strife being non reflected an issue being brought up, or is that viewed as a non issue?

I’ve only seen two people ask for this, including yourself. It’s counter to the design of the skill and isn’t on the table for suggestions to zos.

Consider that it’s also a bandaid fix for your frustrations with wings.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics

Find a way to give more options to players, fun options that create unique ways to play rather than the same ole damage buffs and nerfs.

Give better abilities for StamNBs in group content, like adding a debuff to Power Extraction, redesign a morph of mark or shade to cloak an ally for 5 seconds or something. Just thinking out loud, good luck.
    Edited by SneaK on July 20, 2018 3:30PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Atronach

It's pretty much a bug so it's getting fixed. Option B would be to change the tooltip. I do feel that all (most) bugs need removing before balancing can happen, but this is yet another change that negatively impacts mostly just NB tanks. Not good when they are already in so undesirable/not fun to play anymore.

BUT completely agree with your post, it's something a NB tank has, that's getting removed. They are already in a poor place and things like this do not help.
    Edited by aeowulf on July 20, 2018 5:27PM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve only seen two people ask for this, including yourself. It’s counter to the design of the skill and isn’t on the table for suggestions to zos.

No I agree. Wings are frustrating, it is counter to the design of the skill though. Sucks for rangeblades, but that is an oh well.

Is there a more substantial fix in mind? As that is just a bandaid. Or just go melee or play around it being the answer. And the near full counter play is a lasting feature?
    Edited by cpuScientist on July 20, 2018 6:40PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as funnel/swallow cost, just use force pulse/crushing
    The way I see it the game is basically telling you to go that route as a ranged caster considering the trial that drops the weapon to buff it.

As for the numbers above you guys take me too literally, but maybe I didn’t explain it well enough either .

I meant those numbers based on me trying to remember how I felt when ever I was tanking back in the day on my nightblade as well as the feedback from the people healing me through content like vet white gold tower when it first came out or sanctum (before anyone ever completed vet mode) ie..before it was nerfed.

Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No I agree. Wings are frustrating, it is counter to the design of the skill though. Sucks for rangeblades, but that is an oh well.

Is there a more substantial fix in mind? As that is just a bandaid. Or just go melee or play around it being the answer. And the near full counter play is a lasting feature?

We've mentioned the polarizing nature of wings to the devs, but it isn't a high priority for them or the community to be honest because destro mageblade and mag sorc are so strong right now in some spheres of PvP. We will keep bringing it up as other issues are addressed, but unfortunately that's the best we can do for wings at the moment. >.<
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Aztlan wrote: »
    In response to @Blobsky, with all due respect, Incapacitating Strike does not need a "huge nerf." As I've posted here, Incap is fundamental to the Nightblade archetype and playstyle. Significantly weakening the skill would be a shame. If anything, it could use a minor adjustment, such as placing a condition on the CC as was the case previously.

I mean I have 2 MagNB grand Overlords and a 35+ Stamblade. The fact that I use it on magicka speaks plenty, and on a stam NB itis literally a 2 second kill on most targets.

It is ridiculously overtuned and anyone saying otherwise is not here for "balance" - they are here to buff themselves or minimise the well overdue nerf.

Even if you entirely removed one of the defile or 20% damage AND upped the cost 50% to 105... It would STILL be best in slot.

All that experience and yet you're still wrong. If they were to remove the defile then Incap would be useless in PvP, and then the Stam DK would be the only Stam class not using DBoS.

If you remove the +20% damage then stamblades will once again be a dead DPS class for PvE.

Increase the cost and you'll kill it in both pve and pvp.

Literally the only fair adjustment you can make is to remove or adjust the CC.

You kind of just proved my point. I havrme experience in ALL classes with MagNB as my main and yet accept a nerf is due based on playing a long time on others AND the nb. When you do that you gain a complete understanding.

Side note, I did say the 20% damage could go too (instead of defile) with the ult cost increased to 100 as well. Either way it would still top Dawnbreaker for anyone decent at nightblade (Or the 90%+ of Cyrodiil playing it but sucking at it). The current situation overtunes incap so hard.

StamNB already has up to 20% more dmg in PvE than all other classes, so a cost increase is a balance. Anyone using DB in PvP over incap, even with those nerfs, is a bit special... I would STILL use it on mag let alone stam

It is very plain to see that you have a ton of experience in MagNB and a lot in StamNB.

To me you are like a few others in here, an "Exceptional" player and you even state as much by claiming that 90% of those who play NB suck at it. (I.E. worse than you)

The issue I have is that as an "exceptional" player you are the "exception" this doesn't mean you are above average it means you are WAY above average and yet, for some reason, you expect "everyone" to play at your level.

If ZoS listens to you and those like you and does not give balanced and equal consideration to average or even some below average players then all that happens is the skill floor raises way beyond what that 90% of players are even capable of and solidifies a continual decrease in the number of players that can partake in PvP.

ZoS NEEDS your input as an exceptional and experienced player in fine-tuning, however, I feel they will be at a loss if they used such input as a sole consideration without understanding that your skill level is the exception to the rule and NOT NORMAL or AVERAGE.

While I would love to address my Two major pain points as being directly related to a particular skill, I feel the more important pain points I have are:

1. Class Leaders should actually consistently PLAY the build or builds they are responsible for representing. If they don't play Tank NB then they really shouldn't be representing it in any official capacity. Does that mean more class reps? Probably but as we can already see even inside the class there are those who are calling for nerfs to other "builds or playstyles" they feel conflict with their own. I love the fact that Zos at least gave us some form of class reps but to me, it is only a start and I do not feel that the balance between playstyle or even build differences is equally represented by any means.

2. There is no current way to regulate or hinder those from other classes from making nerf suggestions to those of classes they oppose.

Note: As others have previously stated the Class Representative program was meant to shore up holes and places they felt their class was lacking, but from what I see (across most of the class forums) the majority of suggestions are nerfs. That is why the priority charts in Discord are all based around overused skills as opposed to never used skills.

As for Incap:

For incap I personally believe that requiring the "user" to be at less % health than their chosen target to even activate the ability is complete and total BS. Doing so really removes a players ability to get into the door of gankblade PvP without the use of some really wonky tricks to "cheat" the system and frankly I find the nerfs (because that's what they are) counter to the class identity and the "rock paper scissors" ideology that was originally intended.

I do agree with some others that the damage should be tied to the amount of the ult you use when initiating Incap and that Stuns across all classes should be relegated to the exact same amount of time.

Edited by Aesthier on July 21, 2018 12:14AM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched ESO Live and I love the new solution for Incap! 70 ulti = no stun; 120 ulti = stun, with different animations. It's great that the NB knows for sure whether or not he has the stun lined up. So much better than the health differential idea.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Atronach

^this (i got a nb tank too :neutral: )
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Siphoning Attacks were restored ZOS would have to revert the Morrowind sustain changes for all other classes too. Not likely to happen.

Some of the suggestions on this thread are also ridiculous buffs.

Nope. They gave Dark Exchange or whatever a .2 second cast extension. Unless they’ve nerfed it more since I’ve been gone, I don’t see how that is equal treatment. They should have make DE cost magicka to gain magicka if they wanted to be equitable. But they didn’t. So we don’t have to revert ALL classes, just the one skill because it still makes no sense to spend magick to gain magick (and only if you are 100% perfect in its execution). If it’s good for the goose (Sorcs) it’s good for the gander (Nbs)

They spend stamina and get health and magicka. No other requirements like must hit 5 times or wait until the buff ends. https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Exchange

It’s bs that they took SA away and left DE.

Give me back SA, even if it has a 1.2 second cast time lol.

Dark Conversion/Exchange is a good PvP skill. I don’t think you can fit it into a PvE rotation though. SA WAS clearly better in PvE.

fixed
  • Long_Jon_Nefty
    I am against removing malevolent offering, it is the only skill in the NB kit that makes the healing aspect feel unique. Path isn't as good as healing springs IMO, it does damage and gives major expedition but a healer shouldn't necessarily be focused on damage and nightblades have so many options to provide expedition.

Offering is also my oh [snip] button for allies nearing death. Nightblade healers need one of those you know?
    Remove this and its back to path/ resto skills. Without a good panic button option. As for self healing dark cloak works great, but we need our own unique burst heal for allies.
    Leave as is I'm begging you!

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:58PM
  • Oumalakasha
    Oumalakasha
    ✭✭✭
    I am against removing malevolent offering, it is the only skill in the NB kit that makes the healing aspect feel unique. Path isn't as good as healing springs IMO, it does damage and gives major expedition but a healer shouldn't necessarily be focused on damage and nightblades have so many options to provide expedition.

Offering is also my oh [snip] button for allies nearing death. Nightblade healers need one of those you know?
    Remove this and its back to path/ resto skills. Without a good panic button option. As for self healing dark cloak works great, but we need our own unique burst heal for allies.
    Leave as is I'm begging you!

I agree. Malevolent Offering is an incredible skill. To have a burst heal not pull from magicka is fantastic for sustain in high pressure fights. I would be devastated if this got changed. Healthy Offering at least needs to stay, but I don't think most people would mind Shrewd Offering to be changed.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:59PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this incap? Still same damage and stuns at 70ult. But at 120 ult you also apply major defile and that unique 20 percent damage for 6 secs. What do you say?
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that they leave the Tactician passive alone, and like it is on the current live server. Having to roll dodge as a nightblade tank steals from our precious stamina pool, especially since we already have to have a magicka based sap playstyle.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the July 20 Meeting Notes:
    Nightblades: See Incap stuff above

Dominates ranged PvE DPS. Lots of off-healing, great sustain, strong numbers. Reps EMPHATICALLY emphasized the preferred resolution to this is *not* to nerf NB, rather to make it so the other classes feel just as strong and provide unique benefits to groups that can’t be acquired elsewhere via gear or such.

I will repost this in the Meeting notes thread when it gets unlocked after editing, but I am posting this here too because this needs to be acknowledged. Right now it seems to be just getting ignored and buried under the obvious bias for magicka that seems to be happening.

MAGICKA Nightblades dominate ranged PvE DPS NOT stamina. Stamina nightblades or anything stamina are NOT welcome in any trial that requires only ranged DPS. In fact stamina anything (except tanks) are not preferred in any end game content because magicka is easy mode with their built in shields and ability to off heal.

Do any of the so called class reps play stamina nightblade? There seems to be an absolute preference and BIAS toward magicka.
    There seems to be no mention whatsoever of the issues those of us that play stamina nightblade have. Mainly the fact taht stamina nightblades are not welcome in certain vet trials, VAS being the glaring one. This is not acceptable!!!! It is not acceptable that I have to change my spec to magicka to be able to just get Vet AS or any other content completed.

Is this going to be discussed or are stam nightblades going to be swept under the rug when it comes to end game PvE DPS????
    Edited by Katahdin on July 25, 2018 6:22AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Premise: I am a strong lover of original ESO gameplay.

NB tanks used to be awesome and we took them to progression runs.

Then in ESO came this wrong idea that DK has to be main tank, Templar main healer and so on (there was a bias at release already, but they made it worse).

And now what do I see? MORE nerfs to NB tanks?

NO help to stam specs?

However, PvE magblades share the "be at range" easy gameplay with sorcs (without the hinderance of pets) but deal melee-grade DPS?

These things just baffle me.

Yesterday I've been... "hinted" that I should have or reroll magblade to join progression runs. Sadly, this makes sense, because it's just basic 1 + 1 of "you can login your alt and do 7k more DPS".

So, I either give up on what I love since 2014 or else?
    Edited by Vahrokh on July 25, 2018 8:29AM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blur needs a snare/root purge or immunity (like dks got on their armor skill). Nightblades are supposed to be very mobile on the battlefield, but snares and roots are countering magblades too much. Many magblades need to slot 2h forward momentum for this reason atm, wich is kinda ridiculous.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »

The Atronach

It's pretty much a bug so it's getting fixed. Option B would be to change the tooltip. I do feel that all (most) bugs need removing before balancing can happen, but this is yet another change that negatively impacts mostly just NB tanks. Not good when they are already in so undesirable/not fun to play anymore.

BUT completely agree with your post, it's something a NB tank has, that's getting removed. They are already in a poor place and things like this do not help.

To be fair, animation canceling was also considered a bug but now its a "feature". They could just leave it how it is and say "thats unique to nightblade tanks".
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revert Siphoning Attacks to pre Morrowind status. Who ever complained about our sustain skill? We don’t need more self healing, we have plenty of that. No one was ever destroyed or ganked from SA. If all you do is that, my sap tank and I will be forever grateful. You want diversity? This is how you get it.

I miss old sap tanking. :( Removing the dual resource sustain from Siphoning Attacks and especially removing the ability to proc some resources from direct damage -- namely Sap Essence -- really messed with that play style.

Raising the other classes to the level of DK PvE tanking is high on our list of class balance concerns, but I am not sure how ready ZOS is to move on the PvP tanking side of things. I'll ask.

We're these concerns raised? I didn't see any mention in the notes/edited notes.

EDIT: nm, Liofa answered in another thread.
    Edited by aeowulf on July 25, 2018 11:14PM
  • Francorider
    Francorider
    Soul Shriven
    1) Piercing Mark. I don't get why in God's name this lasts 30 seconds vs Players. It basically spells doom for any squishy Nightblade build. It's duration either needs to be heavily reduced vs players, or the "[snip] You, Invis" portion needs to be removed.

2) Cloak. I'm actually okay with it being a hit-or-miss in terms of trying to escape with it in combat, but it's so. [snip] tedious having to recast it every 3 seconds. My brain and keyboard button is breaking from it. I'd suggest making it a toggle ability, but maybe increasing it's mana cost? So, for example. if I can permanently remain in stealth for 20 seconds due to my mag pool. but I have to recast the bloody skill every 3 seconds, converting it to a toggle ability would only let me stealth for ~15 seconds, but I only have to activate the ability once to get the full use out of it.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:46PM