The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Nightblade Feedback Thread

• evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    other classes are jelous of incap being powerful, so delay the 20% more damage wont hurt that much, cause personally incap not meant to be finishing move.
    People know and gonna dodge, block or anything to counter NB incap combo. just do a mind game to be not predictable.

i mostly played well on BG if team composition is right. ever reach 82k point on DM BG and 15k summed up on others mode in 4 days

anyway my skill is
    ambush, SA, rally, shuffle, masshysteria, incap
    poison inject, cloak, leeching strikes, relentless, vigor, soul siphon
  • Pariah599
    Pariah599
    If this message has been previously covered, then please disregard. I'm not going to read through 8 pages; apologies to all.

Does the Nightblade class have the ability to perform one-hit kills with a bow, similar to the Blade of Woe? I quit using a bow for my character a long time ago, since I felt that damage against enemies was underwhleming, when compared to blades and magic staves. I also felt that the sniping skill was rather ineffective, especially for stealth kills. If I remember correctly, this capability is in Oblivion and Skyrim. Why not in TESO? If this skill has been updated with the new Summerset game, I would be unaware; my copy of the game is still shipping from Amazon.

Appreciate the reply in advance.

Kind regards,

Pariah599
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a discussion on Incap

making the stun conditional or removing it appear to be acceptable by most people.

a small group of people here (mainly sorcerers) (and Only on this forum) have been requesting that for a very long time.

but the reality is, myself and Many people in cryodiil and the guilds im in and people who never come to this forum want to keep the stun, and want to keep the damage and want incap left alone.
    nothing is wrong with incap strike. please dont promote changing the nightblade ultimate incap strike.

Honestly as a real nightblade.I could really care less about the stun.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after i cast invisibility and the invisibility ends, it is set to AUTO STAND and it immediately removes me from stealth i am forced to "stand up"

that is Horrible that i have to be fighting that constantly.

i should be able to enter stealth and not be forced to keep a constant 2 second awareness on it smashing the stealth and invisibility keys just to stay cloaked in both pvp and pve.
    i hate it soo much just makes me really Angry!
    is been this way for a few years, it was not like that at launch, and for about 1 year stealth was not like that.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    we nightblades need our cloak, and able to cast it anytime and all the time to protect ourselves.
    we also need the stun and damage from our incap strike.

remove those things from us, and you will destroy nightblade.

I’d wager I’m a far, far more capable nightblade than you and I don’t run incap or cloak.

Mageblade at least is stronger when you build not to be reliant on stealth
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    we nightblades need our cloak, and able to cast it anytime and all the time to protect ourselves.
    we also need the stun and damage from our incap strike.

remove those things from us, and you will destroy nightblade.

I’d wager I’m a far, far more capable nightblade than you and I don’t run incap or cloak.

Mageblade at least is stronger when you build not to be reliant on stealth

100% agree, and the same can kind of be said for stam too, I've dueled some sicknasty bleedblades who don't stealth at all.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it comes down to playstyle. As a Stamblade in PvP, I spent most of the last year running DW/2H in heavy, with layers of defense from Troll King, Blade Cloak, Mirage, and Forward Momentum; offense coming mainly from Surprise Attack, Blood Craze, and Incap; and heck, sometimes, sometimes I'd also slot Brawler with a Master's 2H. I didn't need Cloak for defense unless I really got in over my head. Actually, I mostly used it offensively to take advantage of the Stealthy passive.

In medium armor, however, running 2H/bow, you're much more dependent on being elusive. Unlike a Magblade, you can't hang out at range unless you're a bow ganker. You need to move in and out of the fight, and Cloak is one of your main ways of doing that.

And for both setups, Incap is fundamental. If that ultimate is significantly weakened, then Stamblades start to play more and more like every other stamina class, most of which favor Dawnbreaker over class ultimates.

Bottom line, I don't think Nightblades are over performing. People need to recognize and exploit the weaknesses of NBs rather than calling for nerfs to Cloak or Incap. Also, some other other classes (particularly stamina DKs) might need to be buffed in some ways.
    Edited by Aztlan on June 16, 2018 11:02AM
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a melee MagBlade, and I find two areas of concern.

1. Concealed Weapon
    This skill has great utility when paired with Shadowy Disguise, but it feels lacking when used as a primary (spammable) attack. I feel like it needs an additional secondary aspect to make it competitive with Surprise Attack.

The addition of Major or Minor Breach would be nice, or maybe swap the 25% speed boost while stealthed for Minor Expedition while slotted.

2. Snare Susceptibility
    It is no secret that most successful melee MagBlades are slotting two-handed weapons for access to the Forward Momentum skill for the snare removal/immunity. It would be nice to have a Magicka skill option in our melee toolkit that would allow us to be viable with weapons other than 2H.

For me, it would be nice to see snare removal added to the Mirage option of the Blur skill. Minor Ward/Resolve are nice, but lackluster on their own.

That's about all from me. Thank you for listening to our concerns!
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. Concealed Weapon
    This skill has great utility when paired with Shadowy Disguise, but it feels lacking when used as a primary (spammable) attack. I feel like it needs an additional secondary aspect to make it competitive with Surprise Attack.

The addition of Major or Minor Breach would be nice, or maybe swap the 25% speed boost while stealthed for Minor Expedition while slotted.

2. Snare Susceptibility
    It is no secret that most successful melee MagBlades are slotting two-handed weapons for access to the Forward Momentum skill for the snare removal/immunity. It would be nice to have a Magicka skill option in our melee toolkit that would allow us to be viable with weapons other than 2H.

For me, it would be nice to see snare removal added to the Mirage option of the Blur skill. Minor Ward/Resolve are nice, but lackluster on their own.

Unpop op. Nb doesn't need snare immunity. Its already a very mobile class and should stick to the shadows as to not be hit, not be able to cloak, and then speed away too. Its not a resistive/purgy class, shade should be that "snareless." movement.

Maybe slap minor expd in cloak, and cheapen shade.

My personal idea for cloak has sprint/dodge enabled in it, and any defensive ability without reveal, but dots/attacks tick too. So it would still be kind of fast when sprinting.
    Edited by ak_pvp on June 16, 2018 11:44PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

1. Concealed Weapon

2. Snare Susceptibility

What about snare purge/immunity on conceal? That would reward melee builds but not make ranged builds too strong.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    [...] shade should be that "snareless." movement.

The use of Shadow Image gets hindered by snares though. Can't port back, if you can't get away from the shade to begin with.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about snare purge/immunity on conceal? That would reward melee builds but not make ranged builds too strong.
    That actually sounds brilliant!

And if there’s a concern about the skill being imbalanced that way, they could leave off the snare purge and make the skill grant 2-3 seconds of snare immunity. That would reward the aggressive, proactive gameplay that Nightblades are known for.

Good call, Lexxy!
    Edited by milesrodneymcneely2_ESO on June 17, 2018 2:22AM
  • Arenguros
    Arenguros
    ✭✭✭
    So here's my two top "pain points":

1. Drain Power and its morphs should apply the major buffs without hitting an enemy. This would make the skill an actual alternative to potion spam for magblade healers, archers and the like.

2. There are many questionable passives that only work in certain situations Master Assassin, Transfer and the like. The passives should be interesting for both pve and pvp and support a variety of builds.

(Bonus 1: There are overall not enough stamina morphs or at least magicka abilities that are interesting for stamblades).
    (Bonus 2: Why are all the ultimates melee range?)
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Concealed Weapon

2. Snare Susceptibility

I'm not so sure that would make range build to strong because 1v1 it doesn't matter if you are snared or rooted because you just fight in the root. This would really only be a big for solo magblades which honestly don't really exist at the moment. Solo players will always gravitate toward picking mag sorc until destro/resto magblade gets a way to deal with snares. The only place where I could see this being op is maybe small group vs small group because there would be no way to kill the magblade in this scenario
    ak_pvp wrote: »

1. Concealed Weapon

2. Snare Susceptibility

Unpop op. Nb doesn't need snare immunity. Its already a very mobile class and should stick to the shadows as to not be hit, not be able to cloak, and then speed away too. Its not a resistive/purgy class, shade should be that "snareless." movement.

Maybe slap minor expd in cloak, and cheapen shade.

My personal idea for cloak has sprint/dodge enabled in it, and any defensive ability without reveal, but dots/attacks tick too. So it would still be kind of fast when sprinting.

You can't be mobile while rooted it's Zerg mag dks out here that do nothing but chase you and put you in talons and stand in front of you holding block, flapping wings, and resto heavy attacking while you get light attacked to death by his Zerg friends. Also you can't really be mobile because players spam snares it's no way to avoid them. at this point in the fight when you are snared to a crawl Cloak is useless and the only thing you have is shade but that can also be not effective because you need to kite away from it which can be difficult because you can't move. Also that whole stick to the shadow thing is counter productive on magblade because your burst takes 5gcd to proc if you are cloaking you will never proc to bow or apply enough pressure for the burst from your bow to be effective. Cloak is mainly there to Dodge dizzying seeing or ranged CCs.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Relentless Focus/Merciless Resolve should be refreshed when you hit the bow proc. This might necessitate a cost increase to make up for the less times to cast. But there isn’t any reason it should refresh when you hit it normally, as opposed to hitting the same button to shoot the ability’s active component. No other skill is like this.

2. There should be some element of stamina recovery in the dual wield tree. Destro staves, resto, 2H, all have a way to regain stamina somehow through that weapon types use. S/b users have the Heavy Armor passive to rely upon, but dual wielders are at a disadvantage.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Snowflakey
    Snowflakey
    ✭✭✭
    I opened this thread to see pain points for nightblades, but what I actually found was people attempting to get the class nerfed.
    I believe the reason incap is rather cheap, the reason they have cloak, all this is because of what the class is meant to be. They're meant attack with the element of surprise, and be quick to go away planning their next move; at least this is my understanding from the lore behind the class.
    In my opinion nerfing these things that represent the very nature of the class, leaves it without identity.
    Thought I'd input my thought :)
  • XxBradeyxX
    XxBradeyxX
    ✭✭✭
    My main pain point would be if you make a stealth class make it a stealth class. Yes it should be kinda hard to stealth but so manh things pull ylu from cloak its not funny. Its also a pain that we cant pull off insane damage anymore. Nbs excell at high damage from stealth but slowly are moving the opposite way.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    XxBradeyxX wrote: »
    My main pain point would be if you make a stealth class make it a stealth class. Yes it should be kinda hard to stealth but so manh things pull ylu from cloak its not funny. Its also a pain that we cant pull off insane damage anymore. Nbs excell at high damage from stealth but slowly are moving the opposite way.

The damage has not been nerfed or lessened. The opening burst is still insane and if anything with the change to two handed weapons, it went up. Let’s not talk like NB lacks really high damage here.
    EU | PC | AD
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XxBradeyxX wrote: »

Nbs have the option of stealth, they are not inherently a stealth class by design. There are numerious non stealth builds, as there should be, that could use a little bit of help.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Taking away the bonus damage from stealth was ridiculous. Stealth and sneak attacks is one of the core things that makes a nightblade what it is. You can't just take away a classes identity.

2. Malevolent Offering and its morphs are completely useless. No one uses this skill. Change it to something useful.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Arenguros wrote: »
    So here's my two top "pain points":

1. Drain Power and its morphs should apply the major buffs without hitting an enemy. This would make the skill an actual alternative to potion spam for magblade healers, archers and the like.

2. There are many questionable passives that only work in certain situations Master Assassin, Transfer and the like. The passives should be interesting for both pve and pvp and support a variety of builds.

(Bonus 1: There are overall not enough stamina morphs or at least magicka abilities that are interesting for stamblades).
    (Bonus 2: Why are all the ultimates melee range?)

i think we nbs have the most interesting and wide choices as stamina. Dual, two hander, bow and class skills all can be used effectively also fun. Dont get what you are saying with bonus1 point
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    1. Taking away the bonus damage from stealth was ridiculous. Stealth and sneak attacks is one of the core things that makes a nightblade what it is. You can't just take away a classes identity.

2. Malevolent Offering and its morphs are completely useless. No one uses this skill. Change it to something useful.

Have you tried Malevolent Offerings as of Summerset? The amount it heals for is absolutely insane, even in PvP. The health cost is an absolute joke cause my natural health regen (Nonvamp) can actually negate the cost of 1 casting while the rest of my HoTs will completely negate any possible threat it could ever hope to have.

Its a "free" BoL on steroids even before we take into consideration the Minor Mending morph that just makes it borderline OP (I legit got this heal to crit for 38k in vHRC on our Templar Tank.)
    Argonian forever
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you tried Malevolent Offerings as of Summerset? The amount it heals for is absolutely insane, even in PvP. The health cost is an absolute joke cause my natural health regen (Nonvamp) can actually negate the cost of 1 casting while the rest of my HoTs will completely negate any possible threat it could ever hope to have.

Its a "free" BoL on steroids even before we take into consideration the Minor Mending morph that just makes it borderline OP (I legit got this heal to crit for 38k in vHRC on our Templar Tank.)

Dont bother, no one is listening. Frankly if zos comes out tomorrow with a statement that offering might get nerfed i wouldnt be suprised in the least, its that damn strong. The majority here are beyond reason.
    Honestly believe it healing through walls and disregarding elevation is unintended.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 21, 2018 1:11AM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Dont bother, no one is listening. Frankly if zos comes out tomorrow with a statement that offering might get nerfed i wouldnt be suprised in the least, its that damn strong. The majority here are beyond reason.
    Honestly believe it healing through walls and disregarding elevation is unintended.

Yeah but I'd rather ZOS worked on the rest of NB's toolkit than tinker with Malevolent because the Forum Warriors want it changed, despite being the best iteration of the skill to date.
    Argonian forever
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Concealed Weapon

2. Snare Susceptibility

Would only be usable when you have a melee range target hmmm. Not sure how I feel about that. Could be really good in practice.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please reduce the cost of sap essence.
    It's way too expensive atm for PVP and making it cheaper could bring back the sap play style.

Right now magicka NBs are great single target but for group play are limited to bomb blades (dps role wise)
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Incap should give minor defile, major defile + stun + major fracture hits pretty hard and 90% usually die. Soul harvest is jolk comparing Incap Strike and need some buff

2. Change funnel health morph to give syerngy, after activation only it heals ally and do some damage
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 22, 2018 3:15PM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I responded earlier, but here's another one...

1) Stamina Nightblades, and to some degree every stamina class except Wardens, are ineffective in larger organized PvP groups. This could possibly be addressed by buffing Power Extraction, by making Lacerate unpurgable or giving it a radial effect, and/or by making the Asylum dual wield weapons buff Steel Tornado, just as Master's dual wield weapons buff Twin Slashes.
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag blade is is virtually unplayable in pvp. Go make a build and see why.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hawco10 wrote: »
    Mag blade is is virtually unplayable in pvp. Go make a build and see why.

My MagBlade along with my MagSorc are my two best performing builds out there. And that's from a total of 10 builds as I have a stam and mag version of each class that I play fairly regularly with.

Care to elaborate as to what you think the problem is, given that your experience seems wildly different from most people here?
    EU | PC | AD