The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Nightblade Feedback Thread

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    If you lower the damage or increase the cost of Incap Strike, then it needs to be undodgable. Good players dodge this skill all the time, such that I really need to be unpredictable about when I use it. I could see setting a condition on the knock down, as some have suggested, but let's not go overboard. This is a single target, dodgable skill for the game's assassin class. Don't gut the skill for crying out loud. I don't want to have to use Dawnbreaker like everybody else.

Single target melee can be dodged, AOE cannot be dodged. Therefore, the fact that players can dodge Incap Strike won't change (in addition to dodge, Incap Strike can also be evaded). AOE ultimates that deal damage cost more (compared to Incap Strike) because they adversely effect more than 1 player (or have the ability to), and you cannot dodge or evade them. People who insist that Incap Strike should cost more seem to overlook those things.

The hyperbole around Incap Strike is just that ... hyperbole. Half the time I have to slot DB as an ultimate because, let's face it, having a 1-target / dodgeable/ evadable ultimate is not optimal in many situations.
    Edited by Maryal on June 11, 2018 12:38PM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    im also agreeing with incap being changed or nerfed slightly but it doesnt hit hard. mostly 5-6k damage. doesnt matter if i get hit by it or i hit someone always around same number. but with all the other effects combined it becomes kinda op yes.

maybe making it 90-100 ultimate and removing the defile? since its disease based it already has applying disease status effect which is minor defile right?

No, not right. The status effect of minor defile proc'ing off of disease is a chance - RNG chance and some classes have immunity to that. But, the same is not true when defile is applied directly - there is no class immunity from that.

You are right about Incap Strike not hitting very hard - the damage by itself is quite mediocre.

It's the fast-paced combos some players can pull off that hit hard (which often includes Incap Strike for NBs) ... when they hit that is. Even if it's not dodged (as in dodge-roll), evasion can still cause you to miss your target.

Also, Incap Strike wasn't always based on 'disease damage' -- it used to be physical damage (there is a difference). As previously mentioned, disease damage has an RNG chance to proc minor defile. Even when the base 'disease damage' combines with the RNG proc of minor defile (assuming it procs), the result is merely 'ok' damage - nothing that is life-threatening to most players (unless they already had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, so to speak).

I don't know about anyone else, but I prefer my ultimate to NOT have an RNG factor to it. The base damage should revert back physical damage and the amount of physical damage should be upped appropriately, remove the defile if you must, but leave the stun.
    Edited by Maryal on June 12, 2018 4:43AM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    im also agreeing with incap being changed or nerfed slightly but it doesnt hit hard. mostly 5-6k damage. doesnt matter if i get hit by it or i hit someone always around same number. but with all the other effects combined it becomes kinda op yes.

maybe making it 90-100 ultimate and removing the defile? since its disease based it already has applying disease status effect which is minor defile right?

No, not right. The status effect of minor defile proc'ing off of disease is a chance - RNG chance and some classes have immunity to that. But, the same is not true when defile is applied directly - there is no class immunity from major defile.

You are right about Incap Strike not hitting very hard - the damage by itself is quite mediocre.

It's the fast-paced combos some players can pull off that hit hard (which often includes Incap Strike for NBs) ... when they hit that is. Even if it's not dodged (as in dodge-roll), evasion can still cause you to miss your target.

Also, Incap Strike wasn't always based on 'disease damage' -- it used to be physical damage (there is a difference). As previously mentioned, disease damage has an RNG chance to proc minor defile. Even when the base 'disease damage' combines with the RNG proc of minor defile (assuming it procs), the result is merely 'ok' damage - nothing that is life-threatening to most players (unless they already had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, so to speak).

I don't know about anyone else, but I prefer my ultimate to NOT have an RNG factor to it. The base damage should revert back physical damage and the amount of physical damage should be upped appropriately, remove the defile if you must, but leave the stun.

Ah [snip] i forgot to say it has ten percent chance to apply. That was i meant in original comment. Typing from phone is pain

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:38PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    streak stuns, deals damage and instant gap opener.

cloak just invis but you are in melee range already and probably used 1-2 cloak to go near your target. which leaves you with one more cloak chance. you cant escape otherwise.

im sorry that sounds ridiculous.

Teleport shade + cloak > cloak+ cloak + cloak.
    Build higher max magicka or regen.
    Also dodge rolls are a form of mitigation. As cloak can force miss incoming attacks, maybe it should be handled similarly to dodge roll.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe making it 90-100 ultimate and removing the defile? since its disease based it already has applying disease status effect by ten percent chance which is minor defile right?

I say remove the stun instead, keep the cost, dmg, defile the way it is.
  • Alistania
    Alistania
    Soul Shriven
    Ok... I'm really frustrated by the Nightblade class. I've stopped playing the game, because I feel I cannot play the class I want to play, in the most basic way it's intended to be played.

My vision for a Nightblade is a STEALTH class that infiltrates, steals, uses charisma to persuade/intimidate, kills as needed, and [snip] when it's all over. A class that uses two melee weapons, daggers or swords etc, to do it's dirty work. (Bows are fine thematically, that makes sense, sneaky archer.)

My problem is that I'm using 2 daggers, and my class melee abilities that are magica based. (for what ever [snip] reason. IDK how stabbing someone uses magica but okay.) I'm built for magic, i'm specced as far as I can tell for magic damage. Yet when I try to kill something my level, I get destroyed. I can't even solo one mob. And I don't know what the problem is.

Whenever I ask for help or advice, all I'm told is "Use a Destro Staff" or "Use a two-handed weapon", and neither of these options in ANY WAY reflect the class fantasy of a Nightblade. How the hell does sneaking around killing someone quietly with a two-handed weapon make sense? "Oh I'm just going to carry this giant two-handed sword or axe or w/e and sneak while using this unwieldy heavy weapon." or "Oh lemme just use a magic staff to kill things, even tho I'm not a mage type class."

I don't know how to fix my character, which is really my only character. I'm at level 103 or something like that... I don't know any competent Nightblades to ask questions to, or ask help from. I don't have any friends who play the game.

I WANT to play the game, it's a beautiful game, with a lot of great stories and things to do. I WANT to play Morrowind and Summerset. I WANT to own a house and decorate it. I WANT to be able to kill ONE THING my own level so I can start questing again.

I'm simply at a loss as to what to do. Because to me the class should work, but it doesn't. dual wielding doesn't work with magic, even tho all my class abilities use magic. (Yes some morphs are stamina but there aren't many. I also don't have the resources to respec at all.)

I'm in kind of a hopeless state to be honest. I feel lost and abandoned. I don't know anyone, I've tried to ask for help....and get told L2P, or play in a style that doesn't even suit the class fantasy.

Please fix the class, or tell me how I can have a magica duel wield build to where I can kill stuff pve. (I'm not asking to [snip] solo raids or dungeons. I just want to be able to do quests [snip].) I couldn't care less about pvp, so please don't provide a pvp build.

Thank you,

Sincerely frustrated Khajiit.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:41PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alistania wrote: »
    Ok... I'm really frustrated by the Nightblade class. I've stopped playing the game, because I feel I cannot play the class I want to play, in the most basic way it's intended to be played.

My vision for a Nightblade is a STEALTH class that infiltrates, steals, uses charisma to persuade/intimidate, kills as needed, and [snip] when it's all over. A class that uses two melee weapons, daggers or swords etc, to do it's dirty work. (Bows are fine thematically, that makes sense, sneaky archer.)

My problem is that I'm using 2 daggers, and my class melee abilities that are magica based. (for what ever [snip] reason. IDK how stabbing someone uses magica but okay.) I'm built for magic, i'm specced as far as I can tell for magic damage. Yet when I try to kill something my level, I get destroyed. I can't even solo one mob. And I don't know what the problem is.

Whenever I ask for help or advice, all I'm told is "Use a Destro Staff" or "Use a two-handed weapon", and neither of these options in ANY WAY reflect the class fantasy of a Nightblade. How the hell does sneaking around killing someone quietly with a two-handed weapon make sense? "Oh I'm just going to carry this giant two-handed sword or axe or w/e and sneak while using this unwieldy heavy weapon." or "Oh lemme just use a magic staff to kill things, even tho I'm not a mage type class."

I don't know how to fix my character, which is really my only character. I'm at level 103 or something like that... I don't know any competent Nightblades to ask questions to, or ask help from. I don't have any friends who play the game.

I WANT to play the game, it's a beautiful game, with a lot of great stories and things to do. I WANT to play Morrowind and Summerset. I WANT to own a house and decorate it. I WANT to be able to kill ONE THING my own level so I can start questing again.

I'm simply at a loss as to what to do. Because to me the class should work, but it doesn't. dual wielding doesn't work with magic, even tho all my class abilities use magic. (Yes some morphs are stamina but there aren't many. I also don't have the resources to respec at all.)

I'm in kind of a hopeless state to be honest. I feel lost and abandoned. I don't know anyone, I've tried to ask for help....and get told L2P, or play in a style that doesn't even suit the class fantasy.

Please fix the class, or tell me how I can have a magica duel wield build to where I can kill stuff pve. (I'm not asking to [snip] solo raids or dungeons. I just want to be able to do quests [snip].) I couldn't care less about pvp, so please don't provide a pvp build.

Thank you,

With all due respect... a nb is no more a stealth based rogue than it is a life stealing mage. Get rid of the preconceived notion that NBs above all else revolve around the fantasy of being a stleath based saboteur. That is but one way to play them. You also have yout shadow priest blood magic healers, illusion shadow based tanks and tanky brawlers. Just saying.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:42PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you,

i dont know how you get destroyed by mobs, ive never had this problem. Dualies all day. Nightblade also has so much stamina morphs how do you hit with magic? You mean the animation?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:42PM
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My vision for a Nightblade is a STEALTH class that infiltrates, steals, uses charisma to persuade/intimidate, kills as needed, and GTFO when it's all over. A class that uses two melee weapons, daggers or swords etc, to do it's dirty work. (Bows are fine thematically, that makes sense, sneaky archer.)

My problem is that I'm using 2 daggers, and my class melee abilities that are magica based. (for what ever *** reason. IDK how stabbing someone uses magica but okay.) I'm built for magic, i'm specced as far as I can tell for magic damage. Yet when I try to kill something my level, I get destroyed. I can't even solo one mob. And I don't know what the problem is.

Please fix the class, or tell me how I can have a magica duel wield build to where I can kill stuff pve. (I'm not asking to #$^*ing solo raids or dungeons. I just want to be able to do quests ffs.) I couldn't care less about pvp, so please don't provide a pvp build.

Thank you,

i dont know how you get destroyed by mobs, ive never had this problem. Dualies all day. Nightblade also has so much stamina morphs how do you hit with magic? You mean the animation?

I solo leveled my stamblade to level 50 in broken level 4 training gear grinding hords of Zombies. I dont understand how people can get killed by mobs at all in this game.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Lower the cost of strife or increase the effects.
    2. Buff Sap Essence and Power Extraction.
    Playing since beta...
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Rework or remove Dark Veil (Shadow passive). Its a bit awkward to implement that increase duration, its confusing, IE on dark cloak if we get increase duration so we increase time to get healed fully? its straight downgrade. Remove Dark Veil and adjust each skill duration and the buff or debuff provided from the skill, increas as is steping up of skill level.

2. Refreshing path (Shadow) as 100% heal skill, no damage output.

3. Rework Soul Siphon (Siphoning). Make a physical morph of it so it can compete with Dawnbreaker. Even right now magicka player use DBoS more than Soul Tether which is Irony.

4. In adittion of removed 1 healing skill which is Soul siphon, rework Bolstering Darkness (Shadow). Noone actually use it on PvE or PvP due to spesific usage and expensive cost, people more likely use Veil of Blades as DD, there is none of support NB use Bolstering. Bolstering as Defensive skill is not practical to use right now.
    The suggestion: Create a ring with 9 radius and follow the caster, grant all allies major protection and healing over time + make the hidden refresh synergy automaticly triggered when HP reach 25% but decrease the healing value to 50% of current value. cost 175, last 13 sec on level 4.

5. Rework Incapitating strike 20% more damage. Make the Damage occred after 6 second. The mechanism is similar as -Orchid on Dota2-, but only amplify the caster damage. The debuff cannot be purged but its there so people know and aware of the surprise 20% more damage as burst at end of 6 sec.
    Edited by evoniee on June 13, 2018 8:38AM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really dislike the suggestion of delayed damage on Incapacitating Strike. The skill should remain a burst damage skill. It is the quintessential, knife-in-the-neck assassination strike, not some kind of bleed or bomb. What you are suggesting would completely change the way NBs play, and not in a good way.
  • terrasight
    terrasight
    ✭✭✭
    Most what I can read is PvP... don't know & don't care...I care about changes in PvP if they affects PvE in a bad way...

From PvE pov I'm ok with all the changes (the strife changes scared me to be honest, but it's ok...sustain is a bit more difficult but ok...). We have the tools for DPS and survivability and can slot what we need.
    Hekat'e / Hel'a Niflheim - Sorc / Necro - PS5 EU
  • C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭

Thank you,

You can totally do this tbh if it is just for questing and doing dungeons...

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:43PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only pain point I have with magblade is no snare and root removal and immunity. I think snare and root removal and immunity can be added to refreshing path in exchange for the damage. So path could remove snares and roots and as long as you stay on your path you can't be rooted or snared again. This would also be a ability that stamblades wouldn't use it also wouldn't hurt pve because the damage morph would be left untouched
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trout1996 wrote: »
    1. Add snare removal and increase duration of minor protection to Dark Cloak
    2. Add streak cost increase to Shadowy Disguise morph or increase its cost by 1k-2k.

NO, increase shuffle, so it's 8 sec like momentum, so expensive for 2. sec?? WTS ZOS
  • Legendry
    Legendry
    ✭✭✭
    All right, this is good. I'm a stamblade main and I mostly PVP so:

1. Of course: stealth mechanics, some ground rules would be cool. Everything breaks it, like, everything. Most damage skills in the game are aoe, that breaks it, healing aoe breaks it, DK activating their armor breaks it, lol, degeneration breaks it every tick, and so on, just frustrating all around. Burning status effect, sloads, make those still do damage but not break cloak. I mean, you still get 6k damage from sloads proc, is it necesary that it also breaks cloak? seems too much.

2. Access to major mending or some form of efficient healing: come on, many classes rely on vigor for heals, but as squishy as medium armor users are, nb stand at the very bottom of the survivability list. The only efective means for survival is cloak, an then back to point 1.

Those are the 2 major pains.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you,

I don't think you understand what a nightblade is, a nightblade was never only about stealth, it was also about dark/life stealing magic, and this is in lore.

Also, that;s balance, wanna do damage as magicka, well right now you gotta use destro staff.

I would also like the introduction of bound weapons, or weapons that you can infuse with magic to make them magic weapons that deal magic damage, but that still isn't here.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:44PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quite a discussion on Incap going here. Just popping in to show I'm watching.

So far I see a lot of desire to maintain the low cost, or even reduce it further, but balance it around that low cost. Removing debuffs entirely does not seem like a popular nerf option when proposed, but making the stun conditional or removing it appear to be acceptable by most people. A damage reduction doesn't seem to be hugely popular, but I don't see much opposition to that either.

I think I can kind of tell who in here plays nightblade and who doesn't. :joy:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

My vision for a Nightblade is a STEALTH class that infiltrates, steals, uses charisma to persuade/intimidate, kills as needed, and GTFO when it's all over. A class that uses two melee weapons, daggers or swords etc, to do it's dirty work. (Bows are fine thematically, that makes sense, sneaky archer.)

My problem is that I'm using 2 daggers, and my class melee abilities that are magica based. (for what ever *** reason. IDK how stabbing someone uses magica but okay.) I'm built for magic, i'm specced as far as I can tell for magic damage. Yet when I try to kill something my level, I get destroyed. I can't even solo one mob. And I don't know what the problem is.

Please fix the class, or tell me how I can have a magica duel wield build to where I can kill stuff pve. (I'm not asking to #$^*ing solo raids or dungeons. I just want to be able to do quests ffs.) I couldn't care less about pvp, so please don't provide a pvp build.

Thank you,

I don't think you understand what a nightblade is, a nightblade was never only about stealth, it was also about dark/life stealing magic, and this is in lore.

Also, that;s balance, wanna do damage as magicka, well right now you gotta use destro staff.

I would also like the introduction of bound weapons, or weapons that you can infuse with magic to make them magic weapons that deal magic damage, but that still isn't here.

Just an fyi that we have communicated the desire for a melee magicka weapon option to the devs. We suggested various options, such as having light and heavy attacks deal adaptive damage and scale with your higher stats, implementing a bound weapons feature that converts them to magicka weapons, or introducing an entire new melee magicka weapon line. No idea what they may be considering or their timeline on addressing this pain point, though.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Rogue_Ghost
    Rogue_Ghost
    ✭✭✭
    I created a thread talking about how handicapped a Nightblade character seems to be - especially when it comes to large battles, whether they be in open world, dungeon, or otherwise. I'll pull the information here as well hoping that it'll help the conversation progress.

Like others have mentioned already - I have no interest in PvP and play because I enjoy exploring the world. Perhaps Nightblade/Stealth builds are the exception when it comes to a "one-size fit's all" type of development mentality. Meaning, a Nightblade in open world/questline should be provided additional stealth-perks that do not travel over to the PvP world.

I should feel empowered by my stealth character, especially at CP160 level. Not feel as if I am the weakest link in the group every time a major battle happens.

Thanks!

From previously created thread -

Let me start off by stating that I am, obviously a fan of ESO and enjoy the world they have created a great deal. What is extremely frustrating, however, is that there seems to be absolutely no payoff when it comes to playing a character who specializes in stealth.

I have a Khajiit Thief/Assassin whom I have diligently worked up to CP 160 recently. The reason anyone who enjoys playing a stealthy character is, in general, because they love the thrill of the hunt and being able to exploit weaknesses/strike from nowhere to quickly get the upper hand in battles. It's very empowering when it works... but sadly, this seems to be such a rare instance that I am extremely close to retiring this character because they are almost completely useless when it comes to larger battles. This has been something I've learned to deal with - for the most part - and I'll attach myself to larger groups when I am trying to take on a larger fight, or just wait in the area until another group arrives and then jump into the fray with them as a bonus member.

There are two things about this that I find endlessly frustrating -

In open world battles - such as world bosses - my stealth character is about as useful as a bucket of apples. I dance around a bit, fling a few arrows, move in to get a few good strikes in when I can - run out of stamina - and then a single shot hits me (sometimes two, if I am lucky) and I find myself laying on the ground. And, because everyone else is quite busy dealing with the threat, there is little to no chance I am getting back into the fight without using a soul gem. But, because this happens so often, that is only useful for so long before I run out of gems.
    Instead of my character exploiting weaknesses and striking for power/critical damage - he instead turns out being the weakest part of the team.

This gets even worse when I am doing a story mission and find myself on my own completely.

Last night it took me nearly three hours to fight K'Tora as part of the Summerset story line. This battle is nearly ALL magic-based attacks that do an unhealthy amount of damage very quickly. I was about to throw my hands up completely but was able to look up some assistance from other sources online with tips. Just like with larger battles in the world, my stealth character was over-matched and all of those perks one receives by being stealthy meant absolutely nothing. The moment I made my first strike, I was out of my league and on extremely borrowed time.

Of course - this seems to be a problem only stealth-minded players have. I see mages and warriors working on large battles all the time with what seems to be a limited amount of effort. What would have been an impossible task for my character seems to be just a walk in the park for those who are able to just run headlong into the fray without worrying about being swatted down like a fleshfly...

I am obviously invested in my character, but last night was the first time I genuinely thought about retiring him and opting for a Warden build instead. But, then I lose the play-style I enjoy and I am simply doing it because it seems to be the only way to succeed in the game.

Anyway - I hope the DEVS revisit the stealth build sometime soon and build in mechanics that make this play style more beneficial and enjoyable.

Essentially, there shouldn't be such a handicap when it comes to playing stealth which effectively turns your character into nothing more than a dodge-rolling/easy target.

RavenSworn wrote: »
    If I may chime in, when I was levelling my nb as a stealth character, usually when I faced a group of mobs, I target down the weakest one first which usually means ironically, the mages or the casters.

Thank you for chiming in, and I typically agree. On the flip side though, the weakest member of a large group of players is - more times than not - the rogue-like/stealth player. Like you mentioned a little later, if the boss focuses in on your character during one of these fights, it suddenly becomes a scene where the rogue is running around comically trying to get away while praying that someone takes the heat off of them as soon as possible.

It just feels more than a little disheartening as a character when your first thought is - "Well, guess I'll wait around until more people show up" - or - "Sorry guys, I can only do so much here." - when it should feel like you are able to contribute in a more effective way.
    "Death smiles at us all. All one can do, is smile back."
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you,

Just an fyi that we have communicated the desire for a melee magicka weapon option to the devs. We suggested various options, such as having light and heavy attacks deal adaptive damage and scale with your higher stats, implementing a bound weapons feature that converts them to magicka weapons, or introducing an entire new melee magicka weapon line. No idea what they may be considering or their timeline on addressing this pain point, though.

I never understood why they made light and heavy attacks scale off of weapon/spell damage and stat pool.

They should have a base attack damage scaled only by CPs staff expert and physical damage expert. If You want to increase damage spend the CPs that cater to your specific weapon.

Also while Im on the subject I think that elemental weapon morph of embue weapon should have been different. Rather than it place a status effect it should have made mele weapons restore magica on heavy attack but dont add the damage portion when activated and do the skill damage on light attack but no resource return. (Current form just without the status effect) This would have created build diversity and make magicka mele builds more viable. Id rather be able to return magicka with a 2h/dual or 1h and S heavy attack then have the status effect. In end game Pve most of these effects are already in place.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a discussion on Incap

making the stun conditional or removing it appear to be acceptable by most people.

a small group of people here (mainly sorcerers) (and Only on this forum) have been requesting that for a very long time.

but the reality is, myself and Many people in cryodiil and the guilds im in and people who never come to this forum want to keep the stun, and want to keep the damage and want incap left alone.
    nothing is wrong with incap strike. please dont promote changing the nightblade ultimate incap strike.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 15, 2018 6:01AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    I really dislike the suggestion of delayed damage on Incapacitating Strike. The skill should remain a burst damage skill. It is the quintessential, knife-in-the-neck assassination strike, not some kind of bleed or bomb. What you are suggesting would completely change the way NBs play, and not in a good way.

there are many people trying to change nightblades, they claim they are nightblades but they are not.
    they are just here in this thread out to damage us nightblades and our class.
    this is a horrible reality and i dont know how to solve this problem.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear zeniamx and @ZOS_GinaBruno

please hear my complaint about this type of threads,

many people on this forum, have no intention of class balance, but instead are intentionally making threads and comments against a class,

how is it fair and construction oriented that this comment that i quoted above and these types of "nerf nightblade" nerf nightblade skills" be allowed to be posted in this nightblade thread?

all one has to do is be against or die often to the nightblade class and use that anger and fuel their comment to request nerfs be made to a certain class.

i put this above comment on the first page and the horrible reality is that what i said was happening is exactly what has happened in this thread.

no one is going to ask for their own class to do less damage and remove thier own abilites and knockdown removed from thier skills on thier own class. no one.
    thats not normal.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 15, 2018 6:46AM
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im in agreement with others that the stun should be reverted to its old form. If the damage is reduced or the cost increased again than Id like it to be changed to cone and make it undodgeable.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• thestud2012
    thestud2012
    ✭✭

Thank you,

It'd be pretty sweet if the weapons looked like bound weapons from the previous Elder Scrolls games. I'd love to move away from Destruction Staff. Currently not using any of the abilities, just the passives.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kena,

Urge them to fix cloak breaking from non-damaging stuff:

Applications of sorc's curse, templar's pol, inevitable det etc.

Additionally sload ticks and raven set proc attacks.

I consider that a bare minimum without a full rework.

If a full rework is possible, then add stacking duration reduction with each subsequent application (for instance -1/-1.5/-2/-3.9sec), add 0.2-0.5 sec full damage immunity on application (to minimize the chance of wasting the costs) and purge.

Thus in the worse case nightblades will still get a working utility (purge). The stacking duration reduction instead of the stacking costs will allow for limited usefulness even when spammed.

Basically 3 main points:

1. Make cloak reliable.
    2. Prevent cloak spamming.
    3. Add a strong utility that will keep working even when the invisibility part stops.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we nightblades need our cloak, and able to cast it anytime and all the time to protect ourselves.
    we also need the stun and damage from our incap strike.

remove those things from us, and you will destroy nightblade.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you,

@Alistania

Nightblades are a pretty hard class to start with, especially Stamina due to the lack of self healing. Also most classes lack Stamina abilities, so most bars will look the same. You'll want a set of training gear, depending on whether you're staying mag or going stam this will be Julianos or Hundings, paired with another set.

If staying Magicka have a look here, personally this is what I'd run for a stealthy assassin build: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=68447

If going Stamina look here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=68448 the Vampires kiss armour makes up for the lack of healing. May want to run tri-stat food, but that can be hard to find at CP100.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:45PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB