The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf Theorycrafting (PvP)

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thraben
    Magicka warden is insanely good on the support role. Not denying that there´re decent stamina warden support setups, but my personal preference will go to magicka wardens for a "pure" support-role. If you want to mix a bit of damage with support stamina warden feels like a better choice however :)

Will try to contact you in-game about the group. Think I´ve seen Ethard a few times in Sotha now when I think about it :)
    Edited by Qbiken on June 21, 2018 9:35AM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Aznox wrote: »
    Went to stretch the wolf's legs in battlegrounds tonight :

First match
    https://twitch.tv/videos/273304095?t=06m24s

Second match
    https://twitch.tv/videos/273304095?t=32m40s

@Thraben

Check the first video out where I play on my magwarden with Aznox (his footage, not mine). I die stupidly at start but otherwise magicka warden is insanely good on the support role. Not denying that there´re decent stamina warden support setups, but my personal preference will go to magicka wardens for a "pure" support-role. If you want to mix a bit of damage with support stamina warden feels like a better choice however :)

Will try to contact you in-game about the group. Think I´ve seen Ethard a few times in Sotha now when I think aboit :)

The thing is, you can find a support stam warden MUCH easier than a support MagWarden, because a StamWarden does some substantial damage and can care for himself in 1vsX situations. The support potential is the same for both.

Werewolves interested for pack play on DC side on Sotha EU please contact Ethard directly - though you can ask me, I am typically busy leading the main DDK raid.
    Edited by Thraben on June 21, 2018 12:45PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken Dolche des Königs fight on Daggerfall Covenant so this is my guess for the faction of this group :)

I play on EP side.

edit : late
    Edited by Aznox on June 21, 2018 10:05AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game still laggy af...

But hey on the bright side, they seem 2 have fixed the heavy attack bug on the werewolf, at least with my chars it seems 2 be working fine :-D

@Mangeli200194
    You mean the heavy attack weave issues? (where the heavy attack got cancelled if you used a skill during the "wind up") If that´s true it would be amazing, need to check when I get home.

@Aznox Have you had the opportunity to test this yet?

@Qbiken yes those exactly, its working now for me at least
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not fixed for me, on what bar are you using werewolf ?
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mangeli200194 @Qbiken

Just made a quick video to demonstrate :

Edited by Aznox on June 21, 2018 11:40AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it on my dual wield back bar someimes with snb but usually dual wield
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i found out why it works with me, ive gotten myself to the habit that i only press the skill i want to use after the claws while doing a heavvy atack are at the maximum exended to left and right. then use the skill while the claws are slamming togeather and the weaving still works that way, if you do it before the claws coming toggeather the heavy attack gets cancelled
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a timing thing really atm to get it to work
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mangeli200194 @Qbiken

@NightbladeMechanics

Would it be possible to forward this to the devs? It´s very obvious in the footage that Aznox provides that something is off :(
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It think they are a bit busy with pvp beeing unplayable and all :-(, or at least i hope they are busy
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really curious about Queen's Elegance now that we can transmute the jewelry to Robust. You'd still be losing some Stamina and/or weapon damage, but I wonder if the light and heavy attack bonus makes up for it? Not sure how it fits with the new light attack damage formula. Anyone tried?
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah not worth it imo.. I'd rather go for fury myself or something else
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    I'm really curious about Queen's Elegance now that we can transmute the jewelry to Robust. You'd still be losing some Stamina and/or weapon damage, but I wonder if the light and heavy attack bonus makes up for it? Not sure how it fits with the new light attack damage formula. Anyone tried?

Essentially not worth it. You are better off with something like Automaton to increase all physical damage LA and Bleed. Or a raw weapon damage set to increase all your damage.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Mangeli200194 @Qbiken

@NightbladeMechanics

Would it be possible to forward this to the devs? It´s very obvious in the footage that Aznox provides that something is off :(

I have seen this and sent it to the devs. :smile:

Most of werewolves' damage comes from their insane bleeds and howl burst. I haven't tried Elegance on werewolf myself, but I'd trust Caius' opinion and have heard a couple of other werewolf players whom I trust say that they aren't fans of the set after testing it this patch as well.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been using it for a month now. Light attacks did like 4,7k damage non crit, heavies up to 23k with offbalance and crit (against NPCs in No CP), if I remember correctly. Only useful IF you are an Overload StamSorc Werewolf. And even then Sloads is better. Furthermore, in that case you are not a Werewolf most of the times, you just use it for surprise attacks after turtling up.
    Edited by Thraben on June 22, 2018 7:27AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo wolfbrothers/-sisters(im a german so everytime were not politically correct the world complains :-P )
    wolf changes, Pelinals and Shackle outdated, what r u going to use??? im gonna get out my Salvation again and combine it with Chudan and a other Set maby 7th Legion to help my selfheals. What r u guys going 2 do????
    Im so hyped, i calculated if you have a 1 sec cooldown on the ww -passive essentially if your doing constant damage the werewolf lasts for 30 secs x 5 so 2.5 min!!!! *** amazing, if you take that x 4 with the Power of the Pack passive your at 10 min if your in a wolfpack without feeding. if they make that staying in a 4 sec feed channel fills up the entire ww bar( @Chrlynsch how did that work on PTS i know you tried it out, how much does staying in t hat 4 sec feed channel fill up the ww-timer? ) i dont see any issues keeping ww up in combat in PvP, youll just have to be more aggressive)
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the nerf to Hircine´s Bounty I think werewolfs will be even more forced to run in groups, which by itself isn´t necessary a bad thing. Even though I´d hope it would have been done in another way.

In terms of sets here´s a list of interesting sets for next patch:

* Black Rose: Might see a comback for this set. Gives stamina, magicka and health on top of some extra sustain.

* Mark of the Pariah: Since we´ll probably have to run higher health builds to get any decent self-heal, Pariah becomes more attractive.

* 7th Legion: I´m still not a big fan of this set after the fixes it got. The weapon damage is nice but other than that I´m not convinced just yet.

* Warriors Fury: Can still be somewhat useful, but get yourself a pocket healer for this.

* Plague Doctor: If you wanna boost that heal a bit extra I guess.

* Clever Alchemist: 2x Health Bonuses will certainly help boosting the heal. Pairing it with Argonian and potion reduction enchants is already a good way of having decent sustain.

* Barkskin: Even though ZOS reduced the effectiveness of snares I still think Barkskin has it´s place.

* Desert Rose: The heal still costs magicka. And as I see it, PvP werewolfs will have to build more defensively than before. Desert Rose offers a bit of extra health and a way to sustain magicka.

* Impregnable: Can´t deny it offers some nice bonuses, a good choice for CP-gameplay

* Wizards Riposte: While being used mainly for magicka builds the extra health and magicka recovery will benefit werewolfs next patch. And you´ll basically have close to 100% uptime on your enemies with the maim debuff.

* Durok´s Bane: Pairing it with Claws of Life. Durok´s Bane is still stupidly strong and you can still have a 100% uptime on people unless they don´t attack you.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the PTS changes go live unmodified :
    - Spell damage is now useless
    - Max magicka is now a lot less useful
    - Magicka recovery equally useful
    - Maximum health more useful

Adjust accordingly.
    - Pelinal is dead
    - 64 points-into-magicka werewolf is dead
    - Shacklebreaker may still be good for max magicka and regen, but less useful, using it the new heal is a slight nerf.

Basically just use any build, will work fine with the new buffs, just know that anyone can now slot werewolf on their stam build and compete with you.

Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Savage Werewolf (Medium)

2: Max Stamina
    3: Weapon Damage
    4: Stamina Recovery
    5: Your Light and Heavy Attacks rend flesh, causing your enemy to bleed for 1000 Physical Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.

Might be ok if the bleed ticks at second 0.
    That would be 1,67x500=833 bleed DPS under perfect conditions when spaming light attack every 0,6sec in pvp.
    Blood Moon (Medium)

2: Weapon Damage
    3: Weapon Critical
    4: Weapon Critical
    5: When you deal Critical Damage with a melee Light Attack, you gain a stack of Blood Scent for 8 seconds. When you gain 5 stacks, you become Frenzied for 5 seconds, increasing your melee Light Attack damage by 50% and attack speed by 50%. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.

So let's say a light attack spam DPS is 60% LA / 40% Bleed ticks.

Let's say that's 6000 LA DPS and 4000 Bleed DPS.

Now let's add 50% LA Damage.
    So for 5 seconds we get 9000 LA DPS and 4000 Bleed DPS
    And we can LA every 0,4sec instead of every 0,6sec
    So for 5 seconds we get 13500 LA DPS and 6000 Bleed DPS

So during these 5 sec we went from 10000 DPS to 19500 DPS.
    That under perfect conditions, assuming the servers can register 2,5 click per seconds and you can stick to your target.
    If you have already LA spammed under Deathmatch sigil, you know this looks very nice for a resource-free burst.
    However this will probably not go up to LA-Howl weave level under mechanical acuity proc, just more efficient.

If you can't start stacking Blood Scent before the end of the cooldown it will bad however. (real cd will be 23+ sec)

As for PvE if you are interested, still assuming a proc every 18 sec, this amounts to
    (100x5)/18 = 27,78% uptime
    1 + (2-1)x0,2778 = 1,2778 => 27,78% average DPS increase if you are only spaming LA.

Not sure if Kena+Ravager+BloodMoon can outperform Kena+Ravager+Relenquen though.

Edit : i think Selene+Ravager+Relequen may be the best PvE DPS on current PTS.
    Edited by Aznox on July 10, 2018 10:05AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im probably gonna run Wyrd tree+salvation next patch... Finally no more perma -defile^^
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Prisoner will make a comback again. Magicka recovery is more important now. And with snares being less effective than before Prisoner is a nice option.
    Edited by Qbiken on July 10, 2018 10:45AM
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it. Add a warden using ice-fortress and you can swap chudan for something else :)
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soooo wolfbrothers/-sisters(im a german so everytime were not politically correct the world complains :-P )
    wolf changes, Pelinals and Shackle outdated, what r u going to use??? im gonna get out my Salvation again and combine it with Chudan and a other Set maby 7th Legion to help my selfheals. What r u guys going 2 do????
    Im so hyped, i calculated if you have a 1 sec cooldown on the ww -passive essentially if your doing constant damage the werewolf lasts for 30 secs x 5 so 2.5 min!!!! *** amazing, if you take that x 4 with the Power of the Pack passive your at 10 min if your in a wolfpack without feeding. if they make that staying in a 4 sec feed channel fills up the entire ww bar( @Chrlynsch how did that work on PTS i know you tried it out, how much does staying in t hat 4 sec feed channel fill up the ww-timer? ) i dont see any issues keeping ww up in combat in PvP, youll just have to be more aggressive)
    Devour
    Works like a dream, how I always hoped it would. It is smooth and responsive. I get about a 2k heal per second, and it can crit heal as well (unsure if spell crit or weapon crit). You get about ticks of time restore before the corpse is consumed. You can devour for two seconds and come back if the corpse is there and finish the last 2 seconds. Feels like the total duration is the same. There is now a blood pillar hovering over those you haven't devoured making it easy to detect what corpses you haven't devoured without hovering over the corpses.

There is now no cooldown on devour. This means you can devour one corpse and then immediately start devouring the next if your timer isn't full. Awesomeness!
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Devour
    Works like a dream, how I always hoped it would. It is smooth and responsive. I get about a 2k heal per second, and it can crit heal as well (unsure if spell crit or weapon crit). You get about ticks of time restore before the corpse is consumed. You can devour for two seconds and come back if the corpse is there and finish the last 2 seconds. Feels like the total duration is the same. There is now a blood pillar hovering over those you haven't devoured making it easy to detect what corpses you haven't devoured without hovering over the corpses.

There is now no cooldown on devour. This means you can devour one corpse and then immediately start devouring the next if your timer isn't full. Awesomeness!

Awesome ! I hope the devs that worked on this can continue working with this attention to detail on other aspects of the game :)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it. Add a warden using ice-fortress and you can swap chudan for something else :)

true but im a nb sooooooo tough luck ;-P plus ice fortress doesnt last long only 15 secs or so, chudan is permanent and i dont have the luxury of having a warden around all the time
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Devour

@Chrlynsch how many seconds does the feeding add to the werewolf timer?????
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chrlynsch does it fill up the ww bar 50% like now or does it fill up full once the 4 secs are over?
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Chrlynsch does it fill up the ww bar 50% like now or does it fill up full once the 4 secs are over?

You get about 50% of your bar filled like before. Though it adds like 3 sec per second instead of the 12 seconds at the end of the 4 second mark.
    Caius
    PC NA