The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Werewolf Theorycrafting (PvP)

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CTSCold wrote: »
    What about using:

5 Pelinals

5 Twice Born Star (instead of Shackle)

Troll King.

Would the extra wp/sp dmg of the Warrior Mundus and the extra max health be worth the loss of the max stam/mag?

If you are using Pelinals it is best to focus on gaining weapon damage otherwise you are under utilizing the set. Infused weapon damage Jewlery will make you take a hit to your max resources but will give you a nice boost to your max spell damage and weapon damage. Shackle adds some more weapon damage, while also helping keep larger resource pools adding a bit of sustain as well.

Shackle helps counter one of the drawbacks to weapon damage stacking Pelinal's builds. TBS fairs much better in PVE where Divines can be stacked to maximize the potential of the set.

Edited by Chrlynsch on June 14, 2018 2:19PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Aznox Wow, thanx for that feedback!
    Actually, i was thinking about 2 PVP- Setups. One for No-CP-BG, and the other for open World, Zerg CP.
    Well, this one is for Battleground, so no Champion points. And on the infused parts i have tri-stat-glyphs.
    How much Critresistance are "required" exactely? Because with 4x impen i have 3,2k+ (Without CP).

I tested my setup today in some Battlegrounds. I have barely 1k staminaregeneration and about 2.7k Weapon/Spelldamage unbuffed. (-> As you sayed, i think i am going to put 3x infused weapondmg in there, but that means even worse stamina).
    I have 2 Rings Triune with Staminaregg and 1 Neckless Infused with Weaponpower atm. (6 Traits researched each). I have so many Transmutation crytals, that i will be able to transmute a lot.

The damage was... sufficiant. I had some problems with aiming and stuff (specially the bugged heavy attack combo), but that is l2p again for me.

My Stamina was empty a lot. Ok, there where just so many cristal-frag spammers.

I had over 30k health and 18k Magicka, but only around 30 k stamina. But i think i cant change this, withoug changing sets.

I can do more with this build, clearly in werewolf i felt strong, but against 2-3 cristal frags spammers, i had no chance. Though i managed to heal myself trough some hary 1vx situations.

==> I have to assess this furthermore, but armor traits, and those juwel-glyphs bother me (As you mentioned: Weaponpower > Staminareggen. With 2x infused + Weapondmg, i will get over 3k weaponpower unbuffed).
    Perhaps, when i am at the top of my game again, i could go 5 medium armor. This would benefit my stamina greatly.

The goal is clearly to be in wolve form then, because otherwise not nearly enough armor/spellresistance

I used over 400 undaunted key, and not one of my sets dropped... ;( (Not to mention the 1k+ keys before the updates for other sets like Molag kena).
    Aznox wrote: »
    My recommendation for you :
    5x Shacklebreaker (you can use Impregnable while researching Jewelry traits).
    5x Pelinal
    5 Heavy / 1 Medium / 1 Light (maybe a switch to 5 medium when stomping newbies)
    Full Tristat and Impen on armor
    Full infused weapon damage on Jewelry
    Troll King in tough fights, Weapon damage if you feel you can.
    Food : Artaeum Takeaway Broth or Clockwork Citrus Filet (!) for more defense.

My 2cents :)

Shacklebreaker is definitely something on top of my list. (Although not for no-cp campaign/battleground... Impregnable seems to be mandatory there... especially if you are a hairy "shoot my ass" target. Right?

@Qbiken Thnx for your feedback!
    I have Automaton for my pve setup. Though someone sayed something about it not working correctely. (In WW). But i like that set.

Shacklebreaker. I guess as redguard, you have much better stamina return. I just dont know how to make it workable in no CP situations.

Oh, and are we talking medium armor 5,1,1 right?

@Alpha-Lupi For me The Salvation set is a love-hate thing. It doesnt have enough weaponpower unfortunately. (Imho).
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iduyenn wrote: »
    @Aznox Wow, thanx for that feedback!
    Actually, i was thinking about 2 PVP- Setups. One for No-CP-BG, and the other for open World, Zerg CP.
    Well, this one is for Battleground, so no Champion points. And on the infused parts i have tri-stat-glyphs.
    How much Critresistance are "required" exactely? Because with 4x impen i have 3,2k+ (Without CP).

I tested my setup today in some Battlegrounds. I have barely 1k staminaregeneration and about 2.7k Weapon/Spelldamage unbuffed. (-> As you sayed, i think i am going to put 3x infused weapondmg in there, but that means even worse stamina).
    I have 2 Rings Triune with Staminaregg and 1 Neckless Infused with Weaponpower atm. (6 Traits researched each). I have so many Transmutation crytals, that i will be able to transmute a lot.

The damage was... sufficiant. I had some problems with aiming and stuff (specially the bugged heavy attack combo), but that is l2p again for me.

My Stamina was empty a lot. Ok, there where just so many cristal-frag spammers.

I had over 30k health and 18k Magicka, but only around 30 k stamina. But i think i cant change this, withoug changing sets.

I can do more with this build, clearly in werewolf i felt strong, but against 2-3 cristal frags spammers, i had no chance. Though i managed to heal myself trough some hary 1vx situations.

==> I have to assess this furthermore, but armor traits, and those juwel-glyphs bother me (As you mentioned: Weaponpower > Staminareggen. With 2x infused + Weapondmg, i will get over 3k weaponpower unbuffed).
    Perhaps, when i am at the top of my game again, i could go 5 medium armor. This would benefit my stamina greatly.

The goal is clearly to be in wolve form then, because otherwise not nearly enough armor/spellresistance

I used over 400 undaunted key, and not one of my sets dropped... ;( (Not to mention the 1k+ keys before the updates for other sets like Molag kena).
    My recommendation for you :
    5x Shacklebreaker (you can use Impregnable while researching Jewelry traits).
    5x Pelinal
    5 Heavy / 1 Medium / 1 Light (maybe a switch to 5 medium when stomping newbies)
    Full Tristat and Impen on armor
    Full infused weapon damage on Jewelry
    Troll King in tough fights, Weapon damage if you feel you can.
    Food : Artaeum Takeaway Broth or Clockwork Citrus Filet (!) for more defense.

My 2cents :)

Shacklebreaker is definitely something on top of my list. (Although not for no-cp campaign/battleground... Impregnable seems to be mandatory there... especially if you are a hairy "shoot my ass" target. Right?

@Qbiken Thnx for your feedback!
    I have Automaton for my pve setup. Though someone sayed something about it not working correctely. (In WW). But i like that set.

Shacklebreaker. I guess as redguard, you have much better stamina return. I just dont know how to make it workable in no CP situations.

Oh, and are we talking medium armor 5,1,1 right?

@Alpha-Lupi For me The Salvation set is a love-hate thing. It doesnt have enough weaponpower unfortunately. (Imho).

@Iduyenn

Rumors about automaton??? WTB more info

And no, we´re talking 5 heavy, 1 medium, 1 light
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭

Rumors about automaton??? WTB more info

And no, we´re talking 5 heavy, 1 medium, 1 light

Nah, its probabely nothing. But someone mentioned, that the dmg calculations of the 5 set bonus doesnt apply correctly in ww.

Another reason is the stamreg and crit, that in certain pvp situations is not favourable in my playstyle.

Another Question: Can anyone share some light about max stamina builds? How do they perform in comparison with weaponpower-mixed builds?

• IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about a ww pve build for 4x man dungeons and trials (so dps should be around 30k)
    Was thinking about 5x twice fanged+5x salvation +2x kina/bloods pawn. What do u guys propose/think??
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caius
    PC NA
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve build plz... Also I like constant damage not burst for pve...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pve build plz... Also I like constant damage not burst for pve...

Was not responding to you, just posting a new PvP build to the thread.
    Edited by Chrlynsch on June 14, 2018 4:58PM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thinking about a ww pve build for 4x man dungeons and trials (so dps should be around 30k)
    Was thinking about 5x twice fanged+5x salvation +2x kina/bloods pawn. What do u guys propose/think??

2 Kena, 5 Twice Fang, 5 Mechanical Acuity works really well for Werewolf DPS in pve. Light attack and keep claws of up, When MA Procs, weave lights in with Howls of. Use the cool down to work your stam back up, prioritize weaving heavies if the boss is off balance.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Maybe Im just forgetting how weapons/spell damage calculations work (just getting back into ESO after a year off or so), but I would think that using two other sets that add both Weapon and spell damage would make using Pelinals a bit less useful. Is Pelinals still better than using something like Shacklebreaker in your setup?

• Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Im just forgetting how weapons/spell damage calculations work (just getting back into ESO after a year off or so), but I would think that using two other sets that add both Weapon and spell damage would make using Pelinals a bit less useful. Is Pelinals still better than using something like Shacklebreaker in your setup?

It's partially true and i've personally tested with Shacklebreaker first but keep in mind we have multiple Weapon damage bonus that will get us a much, much higher Spell damage with Pelinal here
    +28% werewolf
    +20% major brutality
    +6% templar

it is especially worth it on a templar where the Spell Damage isn't wasted in human form.
    Edited by Aznox on June 14, 2018 10:47PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to stretch the wolf's legs in battlegrounds tonight :

First match
    https://twitch.tv/videos/273304095?t=06m24s

Second match
    https://twitch.tv/videos/273304095?t=32m40s
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's partially true and i've personally tested with Shacklebreaker first but keep in mind we have multiple Weapon damage bonus that will get us a much, much higher Spell damage with Pelinal here
    +28% werewolf
    +20% major brutality
    +6% templar

it is especially worth it on a templar where the Spell Damage isn't wasted in human form.

Right on, think of Pelinal's as granting 2k+ spelldamage to the wolf.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question;
    I get a lot of Poison damage from Injections and stuff. (Battleground aka no CP in dmg reductions).
    Do you think it is worth putting 1 Glyph into poison resist? Or is the reduction to low?

An other question: Oblivion damage from the new created set (sloads). Especially in combination with Poison spammers are extremely lethal for me. Especially when getting love from 2+ archers.
    Is there a way to counter it?

I am wearing 2 normal rings now, because of slightly better stamina. But i think i am going to do them infused + Weapondamage, because the selfheals trough pellinal`s will be slightly better.

If i have a good supporter in my group, ww is absolutely brutal. Once i had an awsome magwarden keeping me alive. I could slaughter 1v5+ without problems. doing over 700k dmg in deathmatch. It was glorious.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The extra specified resistance isn't really worth it. The glyph will give roughly 5% more resistance to poison damage. Remember you already offset some of the poison damage with your increased physical resistance.

It is easy to correlate the damage from bow users poison damage as the main problem, but most of the time it is the major defile that is the culprit. If you don't already use them vitality lingering health pots work wonders. However you will need to do a good job at stamina management.

I really like infused weapon damage Jewlery with Pelinals builds. Again carefully management of resources is needed.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fury pelinals was my set up pre patch. To much damage coming in on average to open world any more made this ineffective. Moving on to other things. Thinking mybe briar Thorne? Need more heals
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best advice this patch is to avoid playing solo as a werewolf. Try to find a few other werewolfs or at least a support character that can back you up. Makes a huge difference in your gameplay.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah to much proccs flying around, doruks is nasty vs wws and sload also, i gave up running solo as a ww after a few atttempts
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I´ve a new "challenge" for you people here. While a lot of the builds that´s been posted here are amazing, they seems to be more or less optimized for CP gameplay (with exceptions of course). I´ll start doing some no-CP with my werewolf soon (because of performance issues while playing on Vivec) but not 100% sure how to setup my build.

• Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Sustain seems to be a big factor when it comes to Battlegrounds. @Aznox is probably still running Troll King x Shacklebreaker x Automaton.

I've seen some builds posted here that utilize Dubious Camoran x Bone Pirate x Shacklebreaker x Troll King (alternately Chudan).

Maybe Barkskin x Seventh Legion x Selene/Kena to have some snare mitigation, weapon damage, and heals without Troll King. Stamina is kind of lacking, though a Dubious Camoran should help a bit with that.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i'm still running my good old TK Shackle Auto.
    I think Automaton could be swapped for Bone Pirate but it currently doesn't work with the new Arteum drink.

I'm doing fine in BG as long as i'm not receiving coordinated focus from 3+ opponents, in this case i need a support/heal in my team or i'll drop the wolf for the match.

The Clever Alchemist + infused potion cooldown reduction (with either Pelinal or Shackle) was quite promising but i couldn't decide myself for a race change to argonian.

Many more things i wanted to test but with the new MMR system i'm getting really tough opponents 90% of the time and this is not really an experimentation-friendly environment.

Most sensible difference in no-CP building is that proc sets are much stronger and you can run magical/elemental proc sets on a stam build without drawback.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking if I should toss out salvation and use fury instead.... As a nb with the potion passive it shouldn't be a issue for me.. Thoughts?
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking if I should toss out salvation and use fury instead.... As a nb with the potion passive it shouldn't be a issue for me.. Thoughts?

Salvation is and will remain a bad set in my eyes unless ZOS buffs it somehow. Fury is good if you´ve a lot of incoming heals (either from yourself or from a support) :)
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Pelinals so yeah tons of heals :smile: salvation has a sweet amount of utility stats wise it's *** awe full I agree
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A set I´ve been looking past for quite some time is Willow´s Path which offers really good sustain.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game still laggy af...

But hey on the bright side, they seem 2 have fixed the heavy attack bug on the werewolf, at least with my chars it seems 2 be working fine :-D
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game still laggy af...

But hey on the bright side, they seem 2 have fixed the heavy attack bug on the werewolf, at least with my chars it seems 2 be working fine :-D

@Mangeli200194
    You mean the heavy attack weave issues? (where the heavy attack got cancelled if you used a skill during the "wind up") If that´s true it would be amazing, need to check when I get home.

@Aznox Have you had the opportunity to test this yet?
    Edited by Qbiken on June 21, 2018 7:38AM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    My best advice this patch is to avoid playing solo as a werewolf. Try to find a few other werewolfs or at least a support character that can back you up. Makes a huge difference in your gameplay.

By the way the current potental Sotha EU Emp is a Pelinal Werewolf, and he´s always looking for fellow Werewolves for a pack. Every Tuesday at 7-11 pm CET. Please with English TS. Please wear Earthgore/ Chokethorn, Pelinal, and Prisoner´s Rags.
    Edited by Thraben on June 21, 2018 8:49AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

By the way the current potental Sotha EU Emp is a Pelinal Werewolf, and he´s always looking for fellow Werewolves for a pack. Every Tuesday at 7-11 pm CET. Please with English TS. Please wear Earthgore/ Chokethorn, Pelinal, and Prisoner´s Rags.

I´ve tried stamina warden as support, it´s not even comparable how much better magicka warden is :)
    Stamina warden is a better damage dealer however

@Thraben
    Which faction is this werewolf btw?
    Edited by Qbiken on June 21, 2018 8:53AM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

I´ve tried stamina warden as support, it´s not even comparable how much better magicka warden is :)
    Stamina warden is a better damage dealer however

@Thraben
    Which faction is this werewolf btw?

The trick with the StamWarden support ist to heal frequently to get mag generation up, and to use "mediate" + the heal gap closer. The only reason I play a magwarden support atm is because I need the Inevtable Deto to farm ball groups, otherwise I´d be back on support stam warden immediately. In DDK groups, every Warden has to purge, heal, and use retreating manoevre in case the StamSorcs turn into Werewolves, and it IS possible to do.

All DC Doggos may join Ethard the Werewolf on Sotha Sil (EU). Autoinvite on "wolf", I think.
    Edited by Thraben on June 21, 2018 9:23AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.