The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf Theorycrafting (PvP)

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bad is the new patch for werewolves?

I mean, could be worse, they could´ve nerfed us a 3rd patch in a row but didn´t..........

But seeing how out of touch (wanted to use stronger language but would probably be banned if I did) the developers are combined with them ignoring every ounce of feedback there is from knowledgeable ww players, I don´t have much hope that they´ll ever make them viable again for PvP.

The main problem is that:

* Very few people play werewolf on a somewhat competitive level in PvP
    * Most people are still un-informed, lack knowledge and think werewolf is some easy mode playstyle that doesn´t require any theorycrafting to become successful (add that people still think non-werewolf takes significantly more skill to play than werewolf)
    * Veteran players dislike when non-meta alternatives like werewolf challenges their meta and optimized builds, and refuses to adapt (main reason most people call for nerfs)

But I think werewolf is still viable for group play as long as you´ve access to a pocket healer or someone that can guard you. Sadly werewolf is kinda dead for solo play in PvP (which is sad since it was one of the main things I enjoyed about it, since 1vX as a werewolf was alot more challenging compared to non-werewolf 1vX)
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    If by "group play" you mean "one werewolf and a non-WW group to carry it" then maybe.

My favorite thing to do as a werewolf in PvP was to get a big pack together and run as an all WW group. The stronger players could take point and draw attention off of the rest of the pack. It gave enough breathing room that less optimized builds could still participate and allowed people to try out a variety of different setups--leading to some very creative and interesting builds. I'd even seen one that could act as a sort of psuedo-healer in wolf form to help keep everybody alive.

Unfortunately werewolf has now been "balanced" solely around the bloodmoon/relequen combo, to the point that even that build is struggling. The floor has dropped so low that you have to run the werewolf 'meta' to even stand a chance, and new players can't survive long enough to build the skills and farm the gear they need, so...

...no more werewolf groups.
    Edited by Mr_Wolfe on October 22, 2019 8:20PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf

Infectious Claws:

This ability and its morphs now immediately apply the Diseased status effect to enemies hit, and do Disease Damage rather than a hybrid of Physical and Disease Damage.

Decreased the damage per tick of these abilities by approximately 40%.

Claws of Life (morph): This morph now heals for 100% of the damage caused, instead of 50%. This will still result in an overall reduction, since the base damage has been reduced.

Werewolf Transformation: Fixed many issues where this ability could persist without meeting the proper requirements.

Werewolf Berserker (morph): Decreased the damage per tick of the bleed applied from this morph by approximately 36%.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Think of it this way:

-Werewolf has the same damage potential as everything else for pvp.

-Movement weaknesses.

-Specific weaknesses to specific damage.

-Extremely Limited group utility and no group healing.

-Poor Self survivability.

The moment that you start pulling away from damage sets in order to gain self survivability you are left with lower damage than is obtainable with a straight class build.

Can you still have success with a werewolf build? Sure can.

Would you have more success playing a meta build? Probably.

Will I drop werewolf this patch? Nope, but I mained a werewolf since the beginning when we only had 2 skills, couldn't roll dodge, couldn't break free, and the transformation cost 999 ultimate. So take everything I said here with a grain of salt.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Chrlynsch @Qbiken has anyone tested how high dps is for ww`s in Dragonhold with the Relequen/Bloodmoon/kena combo? on the Trial dummy. And is it true people are hitting even harder this patch(non ww builds? )
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    82k now in dragonhold with the mentioned combo. An improvement from last patch, but you can still hit higher solo dps in human form.

The gap between has been lowered significantly.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx and how hard are normal builds hitting, still 100k or has it gone down
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thx and how hard are normal builds hitting, still 100k or has it gone down

Has dropped to around 95k.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can one of you pc werewolves tell me if medium on a werewolf is still a bad idea this patch?
    Precious patch +1 it worked quite well last patch with all the dots it was terrible I'm wondering how it would perform in dragon hold.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can one of you pc werewolves tell me if medium on a werewolf is still a bad idea this patch?
    Precious patch +1 it worked quite well last patch with all the dots it was terrible I'm wondering how it would perform in dragon hold.

With a guard bot everything is possible :)
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And without? :lol:
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And without? :lol:

Solo play ww died with Scalebreaker, group play still works but you don't have any real edge over non ww groups. Will make a video with what i consider to be viable builds/options once I've some time to spare:)
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I think I'm doing something wrong, reliquen fully procced, claws of life kept up constantly still only 66k dps. Any advice? Cp is correct, shadow mundus, molag kena
    Any advice how to hit the advertized 80k?also something is wrong with my buff food. It shows non realistic values...
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on November 6, 2019 6:59AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD