Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads: The Death of Build Diversity

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Everyone who posts Sloads Damage screens ignores the fact that if it wasn't sloads killing ya it would be something else on the damage screen instead. That's why dots themselves are very deceiving on that death recap.

Maybe, but it shows it’s prevalence, and imo there are two things that I can feel eating away at my health no matter what class I play: sloads and master dw rend slashes bleeds. The master dw is worse only because you can get several bleeds to stack at once.

if you run across someone with Masters DW, Sloads aint killing you, its the massive bleeds that will...He could run something else like Blood Drinker and ruin your damn day.

Sorry don’t think I was clear. I didn’t mean sloads and master dw in tandem (although I shudder to think anout it) I meant either/or.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    welcome to non cp BG
    sload_noncp.jpg

Why is it always going for 7 ticks? Shouldn’t it be 6?

@Vapirko
    There is a first tick when the DoT is applied. After that you´ll get the remaining 6 ticks.....
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Change the 2-4 pc to be less appealing and it’s not longer meta for Magika specs.

@BohnT Zaan, Caluurion, and arguably Surge are superior procs

Only things wrong with sload is the synergy it has with defiles and bleeds and the inability to counter it reliably, particularly when proc’ed from 2 or more sources.

It is however reducing build diversity because the 2-4 are amazing and the 5pc combined with the excellent synergy with the meta

Oh i know that Zaan, Caluurion’s, skoria and Surge are all critical, yes skoria is as well.
    Skoria deals good damage, I've been hit with 6k skorias in Non-CP with a non vampire (chaosball) and I've hit people for 7k skorias in Non-CP and in cp i hit people with 3-5k all the time, that's ridiculous for a free damage set that's undodgeable, deals burst damage and has a low cooldown.
    Also saying you have to focus on dots for skoria to work is BS. Magplar, Magdk, Magwarden, Magnb, DW stamsorc; stamplar; stamdk can all equip skoria and see ridiculous results without having to change a single ability.

All these sets need to be drastically nerfed to have the same easy, non resource draining counterplay sets like selene, widowmaker or tremorscale received.
    Meaning all get a cooldown and become AoEs that you can simply walk out of.
    For Zaan and Surge it works like this:
    Zaan spawns a Ball if fire that creates a beam to the enemy hit with the LA that procced it, the Ball is stationary and has a 8m radius, if you break the beam by walking out of range it's gone.

Surge spawns a stationary Ball of electricity that sparks the closest enemy it continues to spark players if they reenter the circle.

Caluurion’s has to receive the viper treatment (becoming a dot) and the visual cue is now on the target rather than the caster to ease the counterplay.

Skoria works like tremorscale, selene etc, it procs, creates an AoE and then the meteor comes in, a visual cue doesn't help because even if you know it's coming you still can't do anything about it on 3-5 classes except to block it which reduces your resources just because he's using one set, he didn't do anything special his build wouldn't do but he gets to deal free burst damage and pressure your stamina bar..

Sloads needs a total rework, oblivion damage simply shouldn't exist, there are 4 sets that deal /increase / dealt oblivion damage and all of them are/ were too strong.

Shieldbreaker deals 3.5k dps on an enemy that's actively defending himself, you shouldn't get punished by this amount of damage for using counterplay (defending yourself)

Destructive mage once dealt oblivion damage (8k as burst iirc) it was absolutely ridiculous what 2 people using this set with a resto / lightning staff could do

Infused torugs on the pts was well, let's not talk about that time

Sloads is used by almost any build in Bergama on Pc EU, that's where the bleed meta has been around for 1.5 years now and where cancer meets Aids to fight vs gonorrhoe and Cholera.
    It's just flat out op if there is a single player on one side of the fight, it's free damage that gives you way too easy time fighting 3 specs while making it more easy fighting 6 of the 7 other specs.
    Edited by BohnT on June 21, 2018 10:34AM
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    no diversity? in pvp you can do all kinds of set combos. sload+duroks bane, sloads+torugs pact, sloads+bone pirate, sloads+shackle breaker, and so on. endless diversity.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Sloads is that set does weak damage compared to the other proc sets, and that hardly anyone uses. And yet is QQ'd about constantly.

Some people just hate slotting a heal that much eh?

sloads has become the great divide between experienced and inexperienced players. Those defending use weak arguments and propose sets and builds that would only work in a zerg, or, in their infinite wisdom, tell people to slot heals. They tell you to stop trying to 1vX. Sloads is the “flag” of a new generation of PvPers who think balance means you can’t fight more than one person at a time if you’re solo. I fear that what ZOS decides to do about this set will inficate once and for all whether they’re dedicated to balance or catering to the masses who don’t want skill to be a part of PvP.

@Daus if Sloads is so weak and no one uses it as you say, then why do you care if it gets nerfed further since it’s obviously of no use to you.

Actually I don't care whether or not it gets nerfed. It would honestly just *** me off if they nerf such a weak set because a bunch of magSorcs and cloak dependent Nightblades whine about it when you have Zaan, Caluurion, and Skoria which are by far worse. Truthfully I think they all should get gutted. Proc sets are terrible for PvP, and have always been.

Skoria isn’t worse.

It is against medium armor builds. 4k instant burst is much more detrimental that 6k over 6-7 seconds.

@Daus wrong again. Skoria is blockable (and possibly dodgeable?) and only proc on dots, so its only useful to a handful of classes and builds. Oh and guess what? You can purge it to stop the effect apparently which I believe you have been suggesting Sloads users do.

How are you going to tell me wrong again when it's obvious you've never played on a medium armored character. Also you don't need to stack DoTs in order to utilize Skoria; entropy alone will suffice. And no, I haven't been suggesting for people to purge Sloads. Out-healing it is easy enough.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is that set does weak damage compared to the other proc sets, and that hardly anyone uses. And yet is QQ'd about constantly.

sloads has become the great divide between experienced and inexperienced players. Those defending use weak arguments and propose sets and builds that would only work in a zerg, or, in their infinite wisdom, tell people to slot heals. They tell you to stop trying to 1vX. Sloads is the “flag” of a new generation of PvPers who think balance means you can’t fight more than one person at a time if you’re solo. I fear that what ZOS decides to do about this set will inficate once and for all whether they’re dedicated to balance or catering to the masses who don’t want skill to be a part of PvP.

@Daus if Sloads is so weak and no one uses it as you say, then why do you care if it gets nerfed further since it’s obviously of no use to you.

Actually I don't care whether or not it gets nerfed. It would honestly just *** me off if they nerf such a weak set because a bunch of magSorcs and cloak dependent Nightblades whine about it when you have Zaan, Caluurion, and Skoria which are by far worse. Truthfully I think they all should get gutted. Proc sets are terrible for PvP, and have always been.

Skoria isn’t worse.

It is against medium armor builds. 4k instant burst is much more detrimental that 6k over 6-7 seconds.

Except you can tap block Skoria. In an actual fight Sload will do almost double the damage of skoria even if you don’t block skoria
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    welcome to non cp BG
    sload_noncp.jpg

Why is it always going for 7 ticks? Shouldn’t it be 6?

No, it ticks instantly on application then 1 tick per second for 6 seconds
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 21, 2018 11:01AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skoria isn’t worse.

@Daus wrong again. Skoria is blockable (and possibly dodgeable?) and only proc on dots, so its only useful to a handful of classes and builds. Oh and guess what? You can purge it to stop the effect apparently which I believe you have been suggesting Sloads users do.

How are you going to tell me wrong again when it's obvious you've never played on a medium armored character. Also you don't need to stack DoTs in order to utilize Skoria; entropy alone will suffice. And no, I haven't been suggesting for people to purge Sloads. Out-healing it is easy enough.

@Daus well I hate to do this to you, but wrong again. I began by maining a stam DK, then a stam sorc (which remains a regular), then warden. I’ve also played stam NB and stamina Templar though i don’t care for the playstyle of NB and jabs is awful when you play with 300 ping. Up until a couple of days my stam sorc was a dw medium armor build with alchemist and bone pirates. I’ve made a post or two myself about the fact that medium needs help, and have always spoken against proc sets. Imo many should be removed from the game, some like bloodspawn, shadow rend, engine guardian etc, I have no issue with. I’m not coming at this Sloads issue with no experience. In addition to every stam class, I’ve also tried magplar, magicka NB and now mag sorc which I like for obvious reasons. I’ve played light medium and heavy and both mag and stam against Sloads and though Skoria is strong it doesn’t, imo, rival how Sloads works mainly because it procs less and can be blocked. What I don’t understand is, if you don’t like proc sets why do you keep coming to the defense of Sloads? You say you don’t care if it gets nerfed, but you’re quite vocal in saying it’s fine.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Skoria isn’t worse.

@Daus well I hate to do this to you, but wrong again. I began by maining a stam DK, then a stam sorc (which remains a regular), then warden. I’ve also played stam NB and stamina Templar though i don’t care for the playstyle of NB and jabs is awful when you play with 300 ping. Up until a couple of days my stam sorc was a dw medium armor build with alchemist and bone pirates. I’ve made a post or two myself about the fact that medium needs help, and have always spoken against proc sets. Imo many should be removed from the game, some like bloodspawn, shadow rend, engine guardian etc, I have no issue with. I’m not coming at this Sloads issue with no experience. In addition to every stam class, I’ve also tried magplar, magicka NB and now mag sorc which I like for obvious reasons. I’ve played light medium and heavy and both mag and stam against Sloads and though Skoria is strong it doesn’t, imo, rival how Sloads works mainly because it procs less and can be blocked. What I don’t understand is, if you don’t like proc sets why do you keep coming to the defense of Sloads? You say you don’t care if it gets nerfed, but you’re quite vocal in saying it’s fine.

So it's a lack of observation then. Okay, well just so you know for future reference Skoria is undodgeable, and if you actually hear Skoria proc before it hits you then your server performance is better than mine.

As far as why I "defend it" I've already addressed this in a previous comment.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skoria isn’t worse.

So it's a lack of observation then. Okay, well just so you know for future reference Skoria is undodgeable, and if you actually hear Skoria proc before it hits you then your server performance is better than mine.

To be honest, I feel like you’re having a tough time in PvP and are frustrated at the lag more than anything else and I get that. I can’t really help you there, best of luck with everything

Skoria isn’t worse.

@daus yes someone made me aware that skoria isn’t dodgeable, thanks. Anyway, I still don’t really understand how you can defend sloads but aren’t ok with other proc sets. Anyway good luck with your mag sorc troubles, although I have to say it sounds like the lag is getting to you more than anything else. What usuly helps me in that situation is to leave ESO for a week and come back to it, or level up an entirely different toon. It seems like you play stamina tempalr or sorc maybe? Try leveling a magicka sorc or maybe a magicka NB depending on your play style, do a little PvE for a bit. Play some under 50 BGs which usually lack proc sets, especially monster sets, and can be a lot of fun. Not only will it refresh you but it’s really good to gain some perspective from the other side.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No my solution is 1.7k + health regen

defile says hello.

everyone i´ve fought that thought sload was fine bc of healthrec/hots revisited their statement after fighting perma defile coupled with it.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    No my solution is 1.7k + health regen

defile says hello.

everyone i´ve fought that thought sload was fine bc of healthrec/hots revisited their statement after fighting perma defile coupled with it.

In my experience not everyone uses major/minor defile, it is used by more experienced players though, I certainly don't and I have still manged to kill a few tanky players.

But come to think of it, I should start using this mechanic too, would makes fights a little shorter.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Sloads isnt an issue 1v1. Its just getting hit by 4 people using this set is a death sentence. I'm sick of seeing it on my death recap from a bunch of no skill zergling idiots.

Exactly. What we have is a divide between the people who don't think you should be able to survive (or emerge victorious from) a 1v4, and the people who actually have experience in PvP and have become successful at it who know that it is and should be possible in a skill based game. Sloads is a major weight on that scale towards the people who don't think it should be possible. When people say "Sloads doesnt bother me" or "it never shows up in my death recap" it indicates basically one thing at that is that they stick to large groups primarily in Cyrodiil and probably mostly engage in large groups running over keeps or defending keeps with little open world play in between, because even a magicka templar will get ripped by a few sloads users 1vX. The constant purging needed would almost certainly be an end to their resource pool. In other words, the people who say Sloads isn't an issue are pretty much engaging in PvP on a one dimensional level, which leaves no room for veteran players to push themselves or find new ways to enjoy the game other than zerging down keeps. Sloads defenders can't understand why this set needs to be nerfed because they have not yet (and may never) reach a place where they want to branch out.

Your assumptions are incorrect...

Sloads not showing up on my death recap does NOT mean that one is sticking to large groups; I personally either solo or do very small groups most of the time for example...

Sloads not showing up on my death recap is the result of me intelligently picking my battles and staying away from the zergs...

You guys and your assumptions...

@TheDoomsdayMonster BS. If you truly solo or small scale, and not just zerg surf or run from resource to resource avoiding combat then there’s no way you don’t run into sloads issues, and you must never set foot in BGs. It’s just not possible. Very very few people truly run solo. Solo doesn’t mean not grouped, it means fighting without a single other faction mate in sight. Again, waiting on those “easy mode” 1vX vids.

Believe what you want...

I really don't care...

And no I don't do Battlegrounds...ever...if you got the option to pick your gamemode then maybe, but other than Death Match, I don't care for any of the other game modes.

I do Imperial City more often than not, so yeah, I do often fight without another faction mate in sight...

But please, keep spouting off your ignorant assumptions...

If you actually play ESO since summerset, you would found you can CHOOSE to only queue for deadmatch.

You don't read patch notes.

The only reason you don't have sload on recap is you don't play this game.

Sload is everywhere on PC EU.

I did Battlegrounds when it was 1st introduced for a few days before turning away from it, and briefly again when they introduced Chaos Ball...

I haven't been back since, so I wouldn't know that you can now que up for a game mode of your choosing...

I always read the patch notes, but admittedly, I only focus on what interests me and what I feel would be relevant to my gameplay experience...

I don't care for Battlegrounds, so I just skim over it...

And I do play this game and have encountered Sloads; I'm not impressed by it...

There are other sets (like Zaan's) that I feel are much more powerful...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 21, 2018 12:55PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads isnt an issue 1v1. Its just getting hit by 4 people using this set is a death sentence. I'm sick of seeing it on my death recap from a bunch of no skill zergling idiots.

Exactly. What we have is a divide between the people who don't think you should be able to survive (or emerge victorious from) a 1v4, and the people who actually have experience in PvP and have become successful at it who know that it is and should be possible in a skill based game. Sloads is a major weight on that scale towards the people who don't think it should be possible. When people say "Sloads doesnt bother me" or "it never shows up in my death recap" it indicates basically one thing at that is that they stick to large groups primarily in Cyrodiil and probably mostly engage in large groups running over keeps or defending keeps with little open world play in between, because even a magicka templar will get ripped by a few sloads users 1vX. The constant purging needed would almost certainly be an end to their resource pool. In other words, the people who say Sloads isn't an issue are pretty much engaging in PvP on a one dimensional level, which leaves no room for veteran players to push themselves or find new ways to enjoy the game other than zerging down keeps. Sloads defenders can't understand why this set needs to be nerfed because they have not yet (and may never) reach a place where they want to branch out.

Your assumptions are incorrect...

Sloads not showing up on my death recap does NOT mean that one is sticking to large groups; I personally either solo or do very small groups most of the time for example...

Sloads not showing up on my death recap is the result of me intelligently picking my battles and staying away from the zergs...

You guys and your assumptions...

@TheDoomsdayMonster BS. If you truly solo or small scale, and not just zerg surf or run from resource to resource avoiding combat then there’s no way you don’t run into sloads issues, and you must never set foot in BGs. It’s just not possible. Very very few people truly run solo. Solo doesn’t mean not grouped, it means fighting without a single other faction mate in sight. Again, waiting on those “easy mode” 1vX vids.

Believe what you want...

I really don't care...

And no I don't do Battlegrounds...ever...if you got the option to pick your gamemode then maybe, but other than Death Match, I don't care for any of the other game modes.

I do Imperial City more often than not, so yeah, I do often fight without another faction mate in sight...

But please, keep spouting off your ignorant assumptions...

@TheDoomsdayMonster Right so since you don’t participate in a major aspect of PvP these days, where sloads happens to be most of an issue, you shouldn’t really say anything since you’re not well informed. That’s the problem with these forums, people chime in without knowing what they’re talking about. IC is mostly dead or people skulking in the shadows or zergs so that’s not much to go off of. And FYI you can choose your mode now. I’d guess my assumptions aren’t nice that far off the mark.

I spend as much time as anybody in IC on PC-NA (Vivec and Shor), and I can affirm that it is full of Sloads. I wear it and almost everyone who kills me is wearing it, too. LOL, even guys wearing Imperial Physique wear it!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Skoria isn’t worse.

To be honest, I feel like you’re having a tough time in PvP and are frustrated at the lag more than anything else and I get that. I can’t really help you there, best of luck with everything

Skoria isn’t worse.

@daus yes someone made me aware that skoria isn’t dodgeable, thanks. Anyway, I still don’t really understand how you can defend sloads but aren’t ok with other proc sets. Anyway good luck with your mag sorc troubles, although I have to say it sounds like the lag is getting to you more than anything else. What usuly helps me in that situation is to leave ESO for a week and come back to it, or level up an entirely different toon. It seems like you play stamina tempalr or sorc maybe? Try leveling a magicka sorc or maybe a magicka NB depending on your play style, do a little PvE for a bit. Play some under 50 BGs which usually lack proc sets, especially monster sets, and can be a lot of fun. Not only will it refresh you but it’s really good to gain some perspective from the other side.

I'm pretty frustrated with the game, yes. And yeah the Rune Cage bit has honestly made me not want to go into PvP; especially since on average nearly half the players in BGs are magSorcs, and sometimes more. It honestly makes me not want to even bother.

About your suggestion on making a new class, I've made them all. I actually can't stand the Templar class because of that rune nonsense; I prefer to play very mobile. I actually do have a magsorc, and even though it's one of my favorite classes to play I really don't even want to touch it now in its current state. Just like the Meridia's Blessed Armor set, I know it's strong, but I really don't want to be that guy that's perceived as being carried by their class or item set.

One of my guild mates has actually just quit the game because he leveled up a magsorc and it bothered him how much easier it was to win duels with it over his magblade (his main). And in case you're wondering about my buddy's talent. His life in this game is dueling, and battlegrounds. And there's only been one magblade on PS4 NA that's been able to beat him. He's not new, and he's really stinking good at PvP.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We previously mentioned (maybe a few weeks back) we were going to take a look at Sloads. After doing some investigation, we'll be making some adjustments to this item set in the next update so it isn't quite as strong.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We previously mentioned (maybe a few weeks back) we were going to take a look at Sloads. After doing some investigation, we'll be making some adjustments to this item set in the next update so it isn't quite as strong.

By next update do you mean in 3 months? Or an incremental update?

If all of the players (and ZoS) are aware that the set is overperforming, it should not be allowed to run rampant in PvP for 3 months. Hopefully this set will be balanced in the next round of incremental patches. Balance is not something that should just be shoved off for 3 months down the road. Especially when it comes in the form of an easily craft-able set that anyone can get.

Edit: @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 21, 2018 3:13PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A large cooldown and a condition to proc it is what it needs. Damage is fine, it's constant damage the way it is at the moment which isn't fine.

Combat team need be a bit more creative with the condition to proc.
    PC EU
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you Gina.

This set has no business in the game with its current design. The set shouldn't deal Oblivion damage, it should deal a different type of damage.

But if it's going to stay oblivion damage the following changes should apply.
    • The condition to proc the damage should be changed from all damage to something more build restrictive.
    • The up-time should be restricted.
    • The ability for it to stack on the same player needs to be removed.
    Edited by OdinForge on June 21, 2018 3:21PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    About *** time! Thanks for the update. Damage needs to be reduced quite a bit to take into account battle spirit, and the proc conditions need to be a lot more specific to prevent easy mode Xv1 stacking of the dot.
    Edited by Koensol on June 21, 2018 3:26PM
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Daus I get where you're coming from and I'm a long time medium armor player too that prefers BG's and no cp. I think you're forgetting that Sloads can proc Skoria and they can use Duroks or any other easily obtainable source of major defile "lethal arrow I'm looking at you..."

One lethal arrow puts you under an enormous amount of pressure with this combo that an extremely unskilled player should not be able to do to me. It's gotten to the point where as soon as I see sloads on my recap I purposely focus that player every time as they are now the biggest threat. All other proc damage sets are not as dangerous as sloads except maybe Zaan, which also needs a look at.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    @Daus I get where you're coming from and I'm a long time medium armor player too that prefers BG's and no cp. I think you're forgetting that Sloads can proc Skoria and they can use Duroks or any other easily obtainable source of major defile "lethal arrow I'm looking at you..."

One lethal arrow puts you under an enormous amount of pressure with this combo that an extremely unskilled player should not be able to do to me. It's gotten to the point where as soon as I see sloads on my recap I purposely focus that player every time as they are now the biggest threat. All other proc damage sets are not as dangerous as sloads except maybe Zaan, which also needs a look at.

From what I recall testing Sloads doesn't proc Skoria, but regardless DoTs are easy to come by whether it be Poison Injection, Axe Bleeds, Entropy, etc. Honestly it would be nice if they made damaging proc sets PvE only.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

will any change be made to it removing nbs from stealth?
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

will any change be made to it removing nbs from stealth?

Stop breaking cloak please.
  • OnlyOnThursday
    OnlyOnThursday
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand this. As someone who is in No CP BGs constantly, and been both on the receiving end, and giving of Sload's. IT IS NOT OVER POWERED.

It has a reasonable cooldown, and in a fight with multiple enemies you can only use it on one of them before the scrimmage is over.

What it does do, is give people who don't want to make pvp tanks, a reasonable way to actually do some damage to the 50k, shielded unkillable statues that are in these battles.

I can't tell you how many times I have watched 8+ people hit each other over and over, and none of the health bars even go down

Being in a flag game, or land grab, and trying to attack 1 healer and 3 tanks is a total joke. They can't hurt you, sure, but they can't die at all. Unless you can CC the healer, and hit the tank types with oblivion damage, you're completely stuck.

I haven't seen anything more than a minor improvement in regular pvp encounters with this set on, where it shines is levelling the playing field against these ridiculous builds that make the BGs a miserable grind instead of an enjoyable fight.

My advice to the folks that get so angry about people wearing sloads that they feel the need to spam other pvp participants whispers with hate speech, and fill these forums with nasty comments, is simply this:

Get better at your own build, and maybe you wont feel so personally offended by someone elses.
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    WOMP WOMP
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Please tell me you're going to look at the other proc sets while you're at it. Zaan, Caluurion, and Skoria should not get a pass.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And just when I thought we might be looking at salt powered servers and they go and knock the salt mill over xD
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A large cooldown and a condition to proc it is what it needs. Damage is fine, it's constant damage the way it is at the moment which isn't fine.

Combat team need be a bit more creative with the condition to proc.

No its not. Oblvion dmg as a design needs to be thrown in the trash. All the sets, glyphs or whatever with oblivion dmg need to be entirely reworked. As it is now, if the dmg is decent then they are all broken because they have no counters. And If the dmg isnt good then they are all hot garbage. Aka there is nothing good oblivion dmg and all those sets.
    Edited by pieratsos on June 21, 2018 4:14PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand this. As someone who is in No CP BGs constantly, and been both on the receiving end, and giving of Sload's. IT IS NOT OVER POWERED.

It has a reasonable cooldown, and in a fight with multiple enemies you can only use it on one of them before the scrimmage is over.

What it does do, is give people who don't want to make pvp tanks, a reasonable way to actually do some damage to the 50k, shielded unkillable statues that are in these battles.

I can't tell you how many times I have watched 8+ people hit each other over and over, and none of the health bars even go down

Being in a flag game, or land grab, and trying to attack 1 healer and 3 tanks is a total joke. They can't hurt you, sure, but they can't die at all. Unless you can CC the healer, and hit the tank types with oblivion damage, you're completely stuck.

I haven't seen anything more than a minor improvement in regular pvp encounters with this set on, where it shines is levelling the playing field against these ridiculous builds that make the BGs a miserable grind instead of an enjoyable fight.

My advice to the folks that get so angry about people wearing sloads that they feel the need to spam other pvp participants whispers with hate speech, and fill these forums with nasty comments, is simply this:

Get better at your own build, and maybe you wont feel so personally offended by someone elses.

I don't even wear it and I am not even good- and I still agree. Dying to sloads no more than I die to anything else - and I kill 2x the number of deaths on average and assist on many many more (like in the 'teens usually).

So idk what folks' problem is.

I really TRUTHFULLY believe, no joke/salt, that groups or even solo players couldn't just easily wipe the board anymore in their poison/snipe/bleed/overload-frags/spamarina builds and they got mad. They want their ezgibs back - that's what this is.

All sloads did -really- is give the wearer a CD off people much stronger hammering on them relentlessly with all the other stuff as mentioned above, by forcing them to back off for a few seconds.

Now, they were getting hit back a bit, and having to slow their roll and think, and they don't want to.

That's what I honestly believe.

-A non wearer.
    Edited by Mureel on June 21, 2018 4:21PM
  • OnlyOnThursday
    OnlyOnThursday
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

No its not. Oblvion dmg as a design needs to be thrown in the trash. All the sets, glyphs or whatever with oblivion dmg need to be entirely reworked. As it is now, if the dmg is decent then they are all broken because they have no counters. And If the dmg isnt good then they are all hot garbage. Aka there is nothing good oblivion dmg and all those sets.

Oblivion damage is basically the only thing that can bust through resistance, when people stack resistance with raid buffs and tank gear it's one of the few ways you can still hurt them