Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads: The Death of Build Diversity

• Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads isnt an issue 1v1. Its just getting hit by 4 people using this set is a death sentence. I'm sick of seeing it on my death recap from a bunch of no skill zergling idiots.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Sloads is that set does weak damage compared to the other proc sets, and that hardly anyone uses. And yet is QQ'd about constantly.

Some people just hate slotting a heal that much eh?

sloads has become the great divide between experienced and inexperienced players. Those defending use weak arguments and propose sets and builds that would only work in a zerg, or, in their infinite wisdom, tell people to slot heals. They tell you to stop trying to 1vX. Sloads is the “flag” of a new generation of PvPers who think balance means you can’t fight more than one person at a time if you’re solo. I fear that what ZOS decides to do about this set will inficate once and for all whether they’re dedicated to balance or catering to the masses who don’t want skill to be a part of PvP.

@Daus if Sloads is so weak and no one uses it as you say, then why do you care if it gets nerfed further since it’s obviously of no use to you.

Actually I don't care whether or not it gets nerfed. It would honestly just *** me off if they nerf such a weak set because a bunch of magSorcs and cloak dependent Nightblades whine about it when you have Zaan, Caluurion, and Skoria which are by far worse. Truthfully I think they all should get gutted. Proc sets are terrible for PvP, and have always been.

Skoria isn’t worse.

It is against medium armor builds. 4k instant burst is much more detrimental that 6k over 6-7 seconds.

There are more detrimental things to MA than Skoria. For Skoria to be useful, you have to stack DoTs. There are other sets that hit as hard or harder than Skoria with much easier proc conditions like braindead left click Zaan, Selene's, Velidreth and such. And Sload's is much deadlier the lower your resistances because lower the resistance, higher the other sources of damage on top of Sload's.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Sloads is that set does weak damage compared to the other proc sets, and that hardly anyone uses. And yet is QQ'd about constantly.

Some people just hate slotting a heal that much eh?

sloads has become the great divide between experienced and inexperienced players. Those defending use weak arguments and propose sets and builds that would only work in a zerg, or, in their infinite wisdom, tell people to slot heals. They tell you to stop trying to 1vX. Sloads is the “flag” of a new generation of PvPers who think balance means you can’t fight more than one person at a time if you’re solo. I fear that what ZOS decides to do about this set will inficate once and for all whether they’re dedicated to balance or catering to the masses who don’t want skill to be a part of PvP.

@Daus if Sloads is so weak and no one uses it as you say, then why do you care if it gets nerfed further since it’s obviously of no use to you.

Actually I don't care whether or not it gets nerfed. It would honestly just *** me off if they nerf such a weak set because a bunch of magSorcs and cloak dependent Nightblades whine about it when you have Zaan, Caluurion, and Skoria which are by far worse. Truthfully I think they all should get gutted. Proc sets are terrible for PvP, and have always been.

Skoria isn’t worse.

It is against medium armor builds. 4k instant burst is much more detrimental that 6k over 6-7 seconds.

@Daus wrong again. Skoria is blockable (and possibly dodgeable?) and only proc on dots, so its only useful to a handful of classes and builds. Oh and guess what? You can purge it to stop the effect apparently which I believe you have been suggesting Sloads users do.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads isnt an issue 1v1. Its just getting hit by 4 people using this set is a death sentence. I'm sick of seeing it on my death recap from a bunch of no skill zergling idiots.

Exactly. What we have is a divide between the people who don't think you should be able to survive (or emerge victorious from) a 1v4, and the people who actually have experience in PvP and have become successful at it who know that it is and should be possible in a skill based game. Sloads is a major weight on that scale towards the people who don't think it should be possible. When people say "Sloads doesnt bother me" or "it never shows up in my death recap" it indicates basically one thing at that is that they stick to large groups primarily in Cyrodiil and probably mostly engage in large groups running over keeps or defending keeps with little open world play in between, because even a magicka templar will get ripped by a few sloads users 1vX. The constant purging needed would almost certainly be an end to their resource pool. In other words, the people who say Sloads isn't an issue are pretty much engaging in PvP on a one dimensional level, which leaves no room for veteran players to push themselves or find new ways to enjoy the game other than zerging down keeps. Sloads defenders can't understand why this set needs to be nerfed because they have not yet (and may never) reach a place where they want to branch out.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 21, 2018 2:58AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. What we have is a divide between the people who don't think you should be able to survive (or emerge victorious from) a 1v4, and the people who actually have experience in PvP and have become successful at it who know that it is and should be possible in a skill based game. Sloads is a major weight on that scale towards the people who don't think it should be possible. When people say "Sloads doesnt bother me" or "it never shows up in my death recap" it indicates basically one thing at that is that they stick to large groups primarily in Cyrodiil and probably mostly engage in large groups running over keeps or defending keeps with little open world play in between, because even a magicka templar will get ripped by a few sloads users 1vX. The constant purging needed would almost certainly be an end to their resource pool. In other words, the people who say Sloads isn't an issue are pretty much engaging in PvP on a one dimensional level, which leaves no room for veteran players to push themselves or find new ways to enjoy the game other than zerging down keeps. Sloads defenders can't understand why this set needs to be nerfed because they have not yet (and may never) reach a place where they want to branch out.

Your assumptions are incorrect...

Sloads not showing up on my death recap does NOT mean that one is sticking to large groups; I personally either solo or do very small groups most of the time for example (I prefer Imperial City to all other PvP content)...

Sloads not showing up on my death recap is the result of me intelligently picking my battles and staying away from the zergs...

You guys and your assumptions...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 21, 2018 3:52AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads not showing up on my death recap does NOT mean that one is sticking to large groups; I personally either solo or do very small groups most of the time for example...

Sloads not showing up on my death recap is the result of me intelligently picking my battles and staying away from the zergs...

@TheDoomsdayMonster BS. If you truly solo or small scale, and not just zerg surf or run from resource to resource avoiding combat then there’s no way you don’t run into sloads issues, and you must never set foot in BGs. It’s just not possible. Very very few people truly run solo. Solo doesn’t mean not grouped, it means fighting without a single other faction mate in sight. Again, waiting on those “easy mode” 1vX vids. And as I mentioned to another player, if you don’t think sloads is an issue and is such a weak crappy set, then you clearly don’t use it and why would you care what happens to it? You and @generalmyrick are clearly very skilled and knowledgeable players, I’d guess somewhere at the top of all PvPers for your platforms/server?
    Edited by Vapirko on June 21, 2018 3:58AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads not showing up on my death recap does NOT mean that one is sticking to large groups; I personally either solo or do very small groups most of the time for example...

@TheDoomsdayMonster BS. If you truly solo or small scale, and not just zerg surf or run from resource to resource avoiding combat then there’s no way you don’t run into sloads issues, and you must never set foot in BGs. It’s just not possible. Very very few people truly run solo. Solo doesn’t mean not grouped, it means fighting without a single other faction mate in sight. Again, waiting on those “easy mode” 1vX vids.

Believe what you want...

I really don't care...

And no I don't do Battlegrounds...ever...if you got the option to pick your gamemode then maybe, but other than Death Match, I don't care for any of the other game modes.

I do Imperial City more often than not, so yeah, I do often fight without another faction mate in sight...

But please, keep spouting off your ignorant assumptions...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheDoomsdayMonster BS. If you truly solo or small scale, and not just zerg surf or run from resource to resource avoiding combat then there’s no way you don’t run into sloads issues, and you must never set foot in BGs. It’s just not possible. Very very few people truly run solo. Solo doesn’t mean not grouped, it means fighting without a single other faction mate in sight. Again, waiting on those “easy mode” 1vX vids.

Believe what you want...

I really don't care...

And no I don't do Battlegrounds...ever...if you got the option to pick your gamemode then maybe, but other than Death Match, I don't care for any of the other game modes.

I do Imperial City more often than not, so yeah, I do often fight without another faction mate in sight...

@TheDoomsdayMonster Right so since you don’t participate in a major aspect of PvP these days, where sloads happens to be most of an issue, you shouldn’t really say anything since you’re not well informed. That’s the problem with these forums, people chime in without knowing what they’re talking about. IC is mostly dead or people skulking in the shadows or zergs so that’s not much to go off of. And FYI you can choose your mode now. I’d guess my assumptions aren’t nice that far off the mark.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't run in a group in cyrodil in months. I have only run solo in that time, mostly fighting outbumbered. And yet I still find zero issues with sloads.

And to someone earlier asking why does a nerf bother people who don't care about the set. I have an issue with people just calling for nerfs to everything without even trying. Because what happens is Sloads gets nerfed, and then the next most powerful set gets nerfed because it is now the top dog, and soon everyone is calling for nerfs to sets that are only performing well because all the sets before it were nerfed. In my time with the game, it is amazing how many sets were made completely useless because they were the target of the nerf crowd.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I haven't run in a group in cyrodil in months. I have only run solo in that time, mostly fighting outbumbered. And yet I still find zero issues with sloads.

And to someone earlier asking why does a nerf bother people who don't care about the set. I have an issue with people just calling for nerfs to everything without even trying. Because what happens is Sloads gets nerfed, and then the next most powerful set gets nerfed because it is now the top dog, and soon everyone is calling for nerfs to sets that are only performing well because all the sets before it were nerfed. In my time with the game, it is amazing how many sets were made completely useless because they were the target of the nerf crowd.

@jaws343 have you tried BGs lately? I’m asking this because it seems like a lot of people are making posts here without being truly experienced with all aspects of PvP these days. No, sloads is not as much of an issue in CP cyro unless you’re a mag sorc, but it’s a huge problem in BGs. And no, nerfing sloads is not gong to cause a nerf chain event. But it is and always has been necessary to restore balance. We saw it with selenes and vipers, we saw it with the balancing of monster sets, with the nerf to the destro ulti and so on. None of those things was made useless and none of them started a chain even of nerfs.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe what you want...

I really don't care...

@TheDoomsdayMonster Right so since you don’t participate in a major aspect of PvP these days, where sloads happens to be most of an issue, you shouldn’t really say anything since you’re not well informed. That’s the problem with these forums, people chime in without knowing what they’re talking about. IC is mostly dead or people skulking in the shadows or zergs so that’s not much to go off of. And FYI you can choose your mode now. I’d guess my assumptions aren’t nice that far off the mark.

Your assumptions are way off...

You said that I stuck to large groups...wrong.

You said that I was not truly solo as I was ungrouped but had nearby help...wrong.

And you are wrong yet again, as at certain times, Imperial City on ps4 is very alive and I have encountered Sloads on many occassions there...

So once again, you are the one that doesn't know what he is talking about...

You are spouting false B.S. as if it were fact; it's not...

Just more ignorance on your part...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 21, 2018 4:10AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster people almost always over estimate their abilities and “massage” the facts when it comes to how they play, especially when getting defensive on the forums. But whether or not you play how you say you do, you still lack the basic experience of all forms of PvP in the current game environment and so you’re not really in a position to form an accurate opinion. Btw what class(es) do you play?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@jaws343 have you tried BGs lately? I’m asking this because it seems like a lot of people are making posts here without being truly experienced with all aspects of PvP these days. No, sloads is not as much of an issue in CP cyro unless you’re a mag sorc, but it’s a huge problem in BGs. And no, nerfing sloads is not gong to cause a nerf chain event. But it is and always has been necessary to restore balance. We saw it with selenes and vipers, we saw it with the balancing of monster sets, with the nerf to the destro ulti and so on. None of those things was made useless and none of them started a chain even of nerfs.

Yes I have been in battlegrounds everyday. In fact BGs are the only place I have seen Sloads. On like 3 total players in 2 weeks. So no, I don't believe that it is a problem in BGs either. But decent try at attempting to diminish my PVP experience to bolster your argument.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or we play in BGs where horrid performance, Zerg v Zerg, earthgores etc BS doesn't exist.

Cyrodiil is a joke
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload's is not as much of a problem it is thought to be, just because it's FotM people are using it, and it is an interesting set, I play BGs with my Magblade and Stamblade, but I am using Sload's only on my Magblade, my Stamblade has no need of it.

Interestingly enough I have more kills on my Stamblade (but I will admit I die a little too) than my Magblade.

I will come out with my current build for my Stamblade Bowtard, I use Sheer Venom and Marksman's Crest and honestly I have more damage and sustain with it as opposed to my Magblade, Sload's is excellent at putting pressure but does not guarantee a kill, it has no burst and I have to admit, it does gimp the user a little bit as it's more of a hybrid set than a true damage set.

TL;DR Build diversity is fine and still there, Sload's is the new FotM, that's why you see it once in a while, it will pass over except for those who have build their characters around it.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I don't die to Sload's so Sload's isn't the issue" is not a convincing argument.

The point is that Sload's, by being so easy to get, and by enabling players to apply crazy unmitigable damage by doing nothing but being there with their thumbs up their bottoms, is the #1 explanation why PvP gameplay at the moment is brain-dead stupid.

Where I play, it's very often (endemically) combined with Skoria - now where's the fun/skill/challenge in left-clicking to proc'?

This to me is the issue with Sload, and this set needs to be denounced for what it is: the current epitomy of the awful gameplay the devs are pushing us to adopt.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I have been in battlegrounds everyday. In fact BGs are the only place I have seen Sloads. On like 3 total players in 2 weeks. So no, I don't believe that it is a problem in BGs either. But decent try at attempting to diminish my PVP experience to bolster your argument.

@jaws343 Why do you assume I'm diminishing your PvP experience? I was trying to get a sense of where you were coming from prior to engaging in this discussion with you? Thats really nice that you've only seen Sloads on 3 players in 3 weeks. Idk what server/platform you're on, or what time of day you play but I wish i was there. Because I see Sloads on an average of 3 players per match if not on one team.

Edit: Maybe you're on console? Because based on comments Sloads seems to be the biggest issue on PC/NA.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 21, 2018 4:51AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remove sload already

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload's is not as much of a problem it is thought to be, just because it's FotM people are using it, and it is an interesting set, I play BGs with my Magblade and Stamblade, but I am using Sload's only on my Magblade, my Stamblade has no need of it.

Interestingly enough I have more kills on my Stamblade (but I will admit I die a little too) than my Magblade.

I will come out with my current build for my Stamblade Bowtard, I use Sheer Venom and Marksman's Crest and honestly I have more damage and sustain with it as opposed to my Magblade, Sload's is excellent at putting pressure but does not guarantee a kill, it has no burst and I have to admit, it does gimp the user a little bit as it's more of a hybrid set than a true damage set.

TL;DR Build diversity is fine and still there, Sload's is the new FotM, that's why you see it once in a while, it will pass over except for those who have build their characters around it.

Well I'm definitely not gonna argue against the strength of lethal arrow with those set on a stamblade Id say next to Sloads that lethal arrow is one of the bigger offenders in BGs, and there really shouldn't be any way of guaranteeing a kill no matter what.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avoid Battlegrounds, avoid 1vX, avoid this avoid that. Just pretend the problem doesnt exist. Where am I suppose to fight? In Cyrodiil villages against PVE players?

When the next DLC comes with another OP proc set will you guys tell people to avoid the surface of Cyrodiil and hope to find PVP in the dungeons?

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Avoid Battlegrounds, avoid 1vX, avoid this avoid that. Just pretend the problem doesnt exist. Where am I suppose to fight? In Cyrodiil villages against PVE players?

When the next DLC comes with another OP proc set will you guys tell people to avoid the surface of Cyrodiil and hope to find PVP in the dungeons?

Well if these posts are to be believed this is what a true PvPer should do: wear Wyrd tree on all classes, alternatively you may wear Bee Keepers giving up either your sustain or your damage set and/or use purge, possibly draining 1/3 to 1/2 of your magicka with each cast. Don't 1vX, only take on one or possible two opponents at a time. We all know there is unspoken rules in PvP that if you're fighting one person no one else will attack and people will only take keeps or flags in BGs with 1 or 2 people, so no worries if you're defending out numbered. Stick to the IC as Sloads is not a problem there. And theres no more easy mode with Shields and Cloak since now people are apparently real PvPers and L2P by using Sloads, the set of the truly skilled combatant. And no more of that yucky imbalance called skill that lets one person defeat multiple opponents. Oh, I almost forgot the most important piece of information, you need to become accustomed to slotting a heal. Don't forget, heals are very important and were all really dumb for never having thought of that. I know its hard to get used to. If you need more information from the pros simply scroll through these threads. You'll find a few apparently very knowledgable players who never have an issue with Sloads so you might seek their advice.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 21, 2018 5:05AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve got it, this is the reason to nerf sloads that even its defenders should be able to get behind: build diversity. Now, I know for sure (though I won’t name any names cause forum rules) that at least some people defending Sloads have ranted about build diversity this and build diversity that in the past. So answer me this, your solution to Sloads is for everyone to slot purge or use wyrd tree, ok fine. Since apparently all the Sloaders know better than the most respected content producers and theory crafters in this game, this set should be nerfed because it’s killing build diversity and forcing everyone to use one set to survive or one skill, and destroying the work ZOS has done to move away from a heavy armor meta, since health regen is the best way to counter this if you’re not a magicka build and can’t use Wyrd tree. In the name of #builddiversity nerf Sloads because ZOS says I should be able to play however I want and Sloads isn’t letting me do this.
    So another solution would be to simply stop trying to 1vX and just challenge no more than an opponent or two at one time max...

In conclusion, build diversity is fine...

People are just mad that Sloads disrupts their easy mode, and now they actually have to defend themselves in more ways than just stacking shields or spamming cloak...
    Thank you for revealing the true underlying issue that is at the source of your nonsense. Now answer this question please: How is it easymode when I, while wearing standard issue sets, defeat multiple people wearing the same or similar sets and playing the same or similar classes?

Really looking forward to what you can cook up.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe what you want...

I really don't care...

If you actually play ESO since summerset, you would found you can CHOOSE to only queue for deadmatch.

You don't read patch notes.

The only reason you don't have sload on recap is you don't play this game.

Sload is everywhere on PC EU.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dont undestand what they were thinking while introducing this set at the same breath of crafting jewelries + retraiting.
    Edited by amir412 on June 21, 2018 6:41AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Sloads alone isnt a problem

BUT WHO ONLY RUNS SLOADS?????

If you are using sloads you are 100% of the time running major defile and/or more proc sets

Also you prob in a zerg stacking sloads so rip

Lol nice assumption you got there.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to non cp BG
    sload_noncp.jpg
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    welcome to non cp BG
    sload_noncp.jpg

Why is it always going for 7 ticks? Shouldn’t it be 6?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone who posts Sloads Damage screens ignores the fact that if it wasn't sloads killing ya it would be something else on the damage screen instead. That's why dots themselves are very deceiving on that death recap.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Everyone who posts Sloads Damage screens ignores the fact that if it wasn't sloads killing ya it would be something else on the damage screen instead. That's why dots themselves are very deceiving on that death recap.

Maybe, but it shows it’s prevalence, and imo there are two things that I can feel eating away at my health no matter what class I play: sloads and master dw rend slashes bleeds. The master dw is worse only because you can get several bleeds to stack at once.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Maybe, but it shows it’s prevalence, and imo there are two things that I can feel eating away at my health no matter what class I play: sloads and master dw rend slashes bleeds. The master dw is worse only because you can get several bleeds to stack at once.

if you run across someone with Masters DW, Sloads aint killing you, its the massive bleeds that will...He could run something else like Blood Drinker and ruin your damn day.