Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorc needs a class spamable (preferred in the lightning tree, because this should be be logic the direct hitting dmg tree, what it absolutly isn't sadly)

possible solution: combine the finisher effect (instant explostion maybe with more DMG below 25%) of magrage into curse and make the slot of mage rage free for an interesting sorc spamable (if for mag and stam sorc, then with unique flawor for each and not just all the same for both versions)
    [benefit of that: sorc is not that bursty in pvp any more so the others can stop to complain and curse is more usefull and will always be slotted and not just in PVP]

2 connecting resource return to overload is very usless, because the Ulty is mostly not used. in all cases of not using overload we don't get resources back. Thats have to be changed somehow.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem:

Mag Sorc is too strong in Xv1 situations, especially against light / med armor users.

Solutions:

- Remove damage from Rune Cage and / or make Rune Cage dodgeable
    - Remove the 2nd hit from Curse
    - Make the execute proc from Endless Fury dodgeable

Problem:

Mag Sorc is too weak in 1vX situations.

Solution:

- Remove stacking cost from Streak or add stacking cost to flammable gap closers
    - Reduce skill costs across the board (will also help with PvE sustain)
    - Add snare removal / immunity to Boundless Storm
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking primarily from a PvP (StamSorc) side of things:

ZoS seems to be determined to have specific class identity, and I agree with this because it's what makes games fun. It would suck to have multiple classes that are basically all the same. It is very obvious that Sorc (mag or stam) shines due to its mobility. It would make sense that somewhere in its tool kit (probably streak or ball of lightning) it would at the very least cleanse snares, but also a short immunity (2-3 seconds) would be fantastic. To me, this makes sense especially since StamSorcs rely on weapon classes for their damage due to the lack of class spammable. However if you want to run a heavy armor StamSorc you're forced to run 2H with Forward Momentum, effectively making one of your two weapon selections a pigeon hole. Also, MagSorcs are forced to be a vamp, at least DK's have wings to remove snares (which is weird since they're supposed to be the turtle class and not focused on mobility). This is my primary pain point / issue I have with my favorite class in ESO, and it would appear many others share the same sentiment.

Several of the class passives are completely useless for a StamSorc, I'd like to see some of those reworked somehow.

The only other issue I have with my StamSorc is the lack of class spammable / damage ability. However, with the addition of crushing weapon, it has made that problem far less of an issue (for me).
    TrapLord wrote: »
    My personal opinion is that a class ability, such as boundless storm, or streak, and it morphs should implement snare mitigation/ removal of some kind.

The DK class just got snare removal added to the effects of “Wings”, I personally feel that the sorcerer class should also be given snare removal.
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    4. Some type of snare removal either from something like Boundless Storm or from Streak would be nice.
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Stam Sorc is THE mobility class yet gets snared and stunned often with how common snares are in the game.

Dracane wrote: »
    My biggest pain points would be, that there is no way to remove slow effects with class abilities.
    In combat sustain is also not good.

Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • TarmoRhox
    TarmoRhox
    Soul Shriven
    1. Magicka sorcerer sustains poorly in PVE.
    2. Not enough damage without pet (compared to manaNB) for high end PVE. Pet build is not suitable for some high end trials (and even with them you still can barely compete with mana NB).

Mag sorc is just a poor mana NB in high end PVE, damage-wise.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. PVP damage is pretty low and the rotation is very slow compared to other classes. Frags damage should be much higher for a skill that is so easily countered,
    2. Streak/BOL are almost worthless now, anyone with a speed pot or gap closers can out run these skills leaving a sorc OOM,. Its definitely not deserving of a cost increase as the game is now. Get rid of the hesitation on casting them as well.
    3. Need a PVP defense that scales better 1vX.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few, not just 2.. Note I play magsorc very regularly in solo openworld PvP and have extensive petsorc knowledge, though nobody could out knowledge Dracane there.

1. Dark deal should definitely be interruptable constantly. Far to easy to stack damafe currently
    2. Keybinds to dismiss pets and to command pets for console (And PC, addon is needed to dismiss atm)
    3. Streaking downhill is a nightmare due to fall delay.
    4. Endless Fury shouldnt "pre" execute and should work in the same way as other executes. This would balance sorc burst whilst also fix "kill stealing" im bgs.
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    1. Sustain in pve is horrible for a no pet mag sorc.
    2. Damage returned to frags.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Un-nerf crystal fragments.
    2. Pets look hideous. Need cosmetic overhaul.
    3. More stam morphs/abilities are needed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc here.

1. Pet AI is not awesome and I'd like them to automatically disappear when I'm out of combat for a while - five minutes should be plenty of time. If I'm in combat and they're not taking or dealing damage (stuck on a high ledge for no reason for example) they should teleport to me so they can get back into the fight. All that bar space is a big sacrifice, when it gets me zero damage or heals that's not ok.

2. Snares, I need something to remove or prevent the constant snaring. I can't run a 2H, you nerfed immovability, give me some options here.

Bonus pain point for all magicka specs: the AvA purge is too damn expensive. For that much magicka it should give me a lot more than half a second's reprieve from a couple of DOTs chosen at random. Or make it cheaper, a lot cheaper.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    1. PVE sustain is bad, a proc'd frag could return magic or actually be FREE cast, same as the spectral bow or power lash.
    2. Overload is wayyyy outdated for what it offers
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Sorcerer cannot sustain a light attack build. Even with orbs + ele drain + witchmothers, it's very, very difficult to not run out of magicka. Compare this to a magblade. They basically have infinite sustain with orbs + ele drain + witchmothers.
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on May 31, 2018 10:54PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Magsorc point 1
    Make heavy attack pet targeting optional. (I hate sending my twilight matriarch off into the middle of a zerg every time I hold the fire button down a bit while timing burst.)

Magsorc point 2
    Class needs more variation. Almost every sorc setup in PvP has used almost the same skills for years.
    Allow a way to use you armour/heals/mitigation/block as a main defence rather than being tied to light/shields.. Yeah, there's a strong heal with twilight, but you still can't get away from shields as you need them to keep the pet alive..!

Magsorc Concern
    PvP damage levels are also now borderline too high for shields to be a viable only defence.
    Sorc burst now feels weak especially given how difficult it is to get off (with how quick those with frontloaded damage chew through your shields). I'm worried that it will get even worse as we're forced to build more defensive sets/stats to survive long enough to cast it.

Stamsorc point 1
    For stam, the constant buffing put me off the class.. Hurricane/surge/rally/shuffle.... A hefty duration buff to hurricane would be nice.

Edited by Biro123 on June 1, 2018 10:42AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • BlackLabel
    BlackLabel
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina sorcerer is lacking a class spam dps skill
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spell damage contributes nothing to Shields meaning 50k Max magic build gets great defenses while keeping great damage. Spell damage build gets slightly higher damage and severely hurt their survival. I used to go with Spell Damage anyway because light and heavy attacks scaled better with Spell Damage. This is no longer the case.

Shields are completely immune to status effects from glyphs
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Stamsorc is by design the mobility class in the game, yet it gets snared, cc all the time in PVP/BG and cannot move to do its biddings. This is a pain point for me

2) MagSorc Pet are not able to be used in all type of PVE fights, annoying to completely change gameplay for this or that boss.

Paintpoint 1 is much more important to me ^^
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a main pet magsorc,
    1. Pet interaction with environment and boss mechanics needs a deep look to weed out ways in which pets can get stuck/disabled, or effected by boss mechanics either in constantly dying or activating harmful mechanics for the group. There should be no content that is off-limits to pet sorcs.
    2. Double barring pets remains very costly in terms of skill real estate and makes other skill options quite limited, especially if trying to run two pets. I would opt for something like a 30 second summon duration that is refreshed when the pet's active ability is used.

Additional thoughts:
    - Twilight Tormentor's active ability is weak and should be reworked.
    - Pet cosmetic options are needed
    - Pet health bars and Pet dismiss options should be part of the base game (I currently use PC add-ons for these)
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOAR POWER!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of great points already, but one I haven't seen mentioned so far and that really bugs me is:

1) Hurricane visuals are atrocious. Depending on the environment, your character is either blue all the time or downright invisible. This is a huge problem when other effects have to be considered, especially debuffs like CCs, which can be totally obscured by the Hurricane effect. No other class has to struggle against their own skill effects like this. Plus, it kind of defeats putting any effort into your character's appearance when you can't see it most of the time. ZOS has changed skill effects pretty quickly in the past, so I'm surprised Hurricane's (and Boundless Storm for that matter) effect has remained untouched for so long. There are many suitable storm-like effects in the game that don't obscure other effects and permanently tint your character into a shade of blue.

2) Pet incompatibility with endgame content. This has been mentioned by others before, but it's a big issue worth repeating. There shouldn't be any instance where my skills actually harm the group I'm running with.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Crystal Blast turned into a Stamina Morph, make it similar to the new Psijic Order Imbue Weapon ability that causes your next Light or Heavy Attack within 5 seconds to deal an extra X amount of Physical Damage and Splashes lesser damage to other enemies nearby your target; Heavy Attacks gain the 2 second stun. This allows Stamina builds to gain something useful from this Skill tree and effectively benefit from the Blood Magic passive.

2. Unstable Clannfear needs some changes to be more group friendly especially in Dungeon settings. First remove its auto-aggro taunt mechanics like you did with the Storm Atronach. The Activate ability seems unnecessary when you have the Twilight pet around, instead of healing you and the Clannfear I would like it to do that Leap Attack that NPC Clannfear mobs do at your target which also causes the Clannfear to Taunt that target. This way the Clannfear can be an active Tank for the Sorcerer when they want it to be and avoid unwanted aggro by dictating its activation ability. It also gives it more damage with a controlled additional AOE attack.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.) Class identiy for offense/ utility

More emphasize on the stamina side of the class. Utility skills are great and I don't want to miss them, especially the third bar due to overload, but only one damage morph from all the class lines? Half of the passives are at best situationally useful for stam sorcs.

Class identity is at a loss, especially after everyone with the latest chapter has something similar to dark deal and can become speedy as hell. As if I haven't felt like a walking weapon and guild line before...

Also mag sorcs are forced to run one of two set ups since forever in pvp. Either run master destro with reach or use cheese via the latest, unasked for rune cage overbuff. While we're add it, do something about rune cage's garantueed damage and about how high you can buff overload (but please, without nerfing the ultimate even more into a niché being).

2.) Class identity for defense

Shield stacking is annoying for both sides. With oblivion dmg on the rise and the overall higher damage, shields become more and more subpar. Also medium armor is no good choice once again due to it.

The class needs another way of defense, it needs to become quicker again. But everyone is getting faster and faster, even stand-your-ground Dragonknights having snare removal incorporated into their class kit - take the shortcommings of streak and Boundless storm/hurricane and you can imagine that there needs to be something done about it. Add something that makes the class more mobile/ less easy to catch - at best through something that can be easily used by both sides of the class (e.g. adding a snare immunity to wards/ boundless/ frags wouldn't benefit stam sorcs at all).

Feels like being a record player but: also mag sorcs are forced to run only a few build since forever in pvp. Heavy armor is no option for them. Why?
  • Tempouille
    Pet incompatibility with endgame content. Those are very well known, time to correct it.
  • rileynotzb14_ESO
    rileynotzb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc PvP

1] Class spammable (higher consistent dps instead of all telegraphed burst damage)

2] Better 1vX capability (example: conjured ward is 10% stronger for each additional enemy that has damaged you within 10 seconds. Max 30%)
    Edited by rileynotzb14_ESO on June 1, 2018 9:25AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly can't see a class-spammable appearing. Look what they did to Magblade? Many now run force pulse/crushing shock instead of strife anyway..

There is also now the Psyjic ability to use as a spammable. Although it's still tied to staves since you have to land a light attack with it..

But it would be nice, though if we were able to use a ranged magica spammable from, say, a DW or SnB bar.. This goes into the crux of the problem that is shields-only for magsorc defence.. If you try to use block instead, you cannot block-cast any heals while using a weapon made for blocking (s+b/frost staff). So you need to switch to the resto bar to heal(not ideal from a defence perspective).. which means having to attack from your 'block bar'.. which rules s+b out as there is no ranged mag spammable - and going burst only isn't enough damage with that kind of build..

Oh yeah, also decoupling the destro passive (ancient knowledge) from having to slot a destro ability would *really* help with skill choice - and maybe promote the new psijic spammable a bit more..
    Edited by Biro123 on June 1, 2018 10:15AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    1. Pet's appearance. With the outfit system, costumes, skins, etc., we have all these ways to make our character look great, but then we have these not so nice looking pets, to put it mildly.

Please revisit pet visuals, whether it be through skins, a rework of the visuals, whatever. I would pay crowns to make my pets look good.

2. The bugginess of pets. They get dismissed at random times, have trouble dealing with certain kinds of terrain, problems with boss mechanics, etc. A QOL pass on pets would be awesome.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.) Christal Shards should have a magicka and a stamina morph, each working like the old Chrystal Fragments (chance of being instant, having a stun, and being more powerful when triggered by the use of magicka/ stamina skills before).

Reason: With the change of the skill, sorcs lost their class identity. The need it back.

2.) I want a Dremora Lord! Change the "Rebate" passive so that there is a small chance that when you or your pets are being hit, a Dremora Lord is being conjured for 15 seconds.

Reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdU4V3bNn-g
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pain point No1) Class is boring to play. Pain point No2) Class is boring to play. Thank you.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc here.
    PvE
    1.LL bug
    2.Lack of diversity besides HA and buggy pets (and indirectly sustain issues)

PvP
    1. Huge problems on noCP camp, mainly because of snares and stam poisons. CP campaign no problems at all.
    2. We are ranged. With all those gap closers+stun we need a higher range when streaking or reduce to 25% streak penalty to keep our playstyle. Still, streak didn't change due to morrowind sustain nerfs.
    Edited by gepe87 on June 1, 2018 11:17AM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Sorc shields are pretty lackluster both in a CP and a non-CP enviornment, in BGs they are almost useless. Yes I know this will infuriate a lot of people. But the fact of the matteris, shields are relatively weak and their perceived OPness stems from perception issues not their actual performance. I already addressed this in length in another thread.
    Shields are basically nothing but an up front heal. And heals, as we all know, can crit. Which is necessary and balanced since the damage abilities these heals are meant to counter can crit as well.

If you want shields to be critable you will have to allow shields to crit themselves for the sake of balance. But I doubt people want to see shields that crit and provide 20k damage absorbtion (up front heal) each.

Now you will argue that it is not necessary to allow shields to crit because you can stack multiple shields at the same time.
    But you are doing the very same thing with every other defensive ability - you stack them all.

You can have multiple heals on you at the same time. In addition you are benefiting from resistances.
    You can perma block and still receive bonuses from your armor and heals.
    The list goes on and on.

Also the arguement that other defensive abilities such as DK wings and dodge roll cannot crit and thus it is not necessary for shields to be able to crit, if they can be critted themselfes, is invalid as these abilties mitigate a relative amount of damage not an absolute one like heals and shields do. Wings, for example, don't care if they are hit by a 2k projectile or a 200k projectile, but heals and shields do. In the former case you'd be fine, in the latter dead.

Pointing out that shields are only so strong because sorcs can use two or three of them at the same time is not really a valid point to make either. Two out of those three shields are available to all classes, which means sorcs only got one additional shield. In fact there are no passives that give sorcs some benefits over other classes when it comes to using damage shields. And all other classes got their own respective damage mitigation tools as counterparts to the sorc's Conjured Ward - e.g. Breath of Life, Cloak, ...

The problem with shields is primarily a psychological one. You are missing out on your sense of reward because you are performing an action that usually leads to a movement of your opponents health bar but nothing (or very little) is happening to said health bar. If the shields would be displayed as an increase in HP and you would see the enemies HP bar fluctuate you'd feel very differently about shields.

if you stay impartial you will notice that very quickly when you use shields against both players with shields and players without shields.

The only shield that is really broken OP is the wardens Crystallized Shield. The amount of damage it absorbs relative to its effective cost is ridiculous - especially in the case of Shimmering Shields. And the recent changes do not alleviate this problem.[/quote]

2) Mobility: Sprinting is faster, longer-lasting, and cheaper than streaking. It also allows for better LOSing as you don't bolt forward in a straight line but can hug walls or run in circles around trees, keeping your opponents out of line-of-sight. This cannot be done with streak. In addition, both sprinting and gap closers work up-hill as well as down-hill and on flat terrain. Streak on works on flat terrain. Coupled with the delay in activation and the root afterwards and the extremely high costs makes this a pretty bad gap opener / escaping tool.

In addition, as mentioned numerous times before, stamina builds got plenty of tools to get rid of snares and roos, while (especially magicka) sorcs don't. Streak should therefore be rework as the gap closers were back in the days to adjust to the terrain. Furthermore, the increasing costs should be removed. Sprinting does not have increasing costs like that. Neither does cloak. And both are gap openers as well, with cloak being more potent b/c after the initial 1 or 2 sec the NB is usally gone for good. A streaking sorc on the other hand you can still see and chase down with gap closers or horses or using sprint.

I know many people will complain, that they already cannot catch up to sorc streaking. BUT: those are usually people without gap closers slotted. And to be fair, why should they be able to reach a streaking sorc - or a sprinting character for that matter. Nobody would sympathise with somebody if they wanted to open a gap without slotting a gap closer.

I'd also like to know why it is OK to sprint across the map with a scroll on your back at speeds that can keep up with my horse, while it is not possible to streak with a scroll, despite sprinting outperforming streaking. This has always been the case and back in the days sprinting was even more powerful.

Also: You can reduce the cost for sprinting in your CPs, you cannot do the same for streak or cloak. And as mentioned above, streak additionally suffers from increasing marginal costs.

3) Sustain: this was also mentioned above, but the sustain is really bad. It's the main reason why I hate non-CP, followed by the poor performance of shields in such an enviornment.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc

1 - Still love my stamsorc as much as the first day.

2 - Bound armament active ability may be a bit too costly.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • ximelolagnia
    ximelolagnia
    ✭✭
    Stamsorc Sotha Sil Perspective:

1. seems like mag classes this patch have just as much or even more damage/burst than stamsorc which is ridiculous since they fight at range and the skill cap isn't as hard for hitting skills like dizzying swing so we are at a severe disadvantage.
    2. buffing every weapon hit and then only nerfing 2h/bow even though 2h is probably the hardest to hit with a fully charged heavy attack? mages can literally constantly weave in light attacks into skills whilst light attacking with 2h is also nerfed quite a bit.

IDK what it is like with cp but in no-cp stamsorc seems like one of the weaker classes now as the 2 piece effect on weapons barely changed anything as there were current builds just as good without the extra piece sets.