Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with the Sorcerer. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • TrapLord
    TrapLord
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorcs main problem is that there is no way to remove a snare. And almost every class and build has a way to mitigate, and or remove snares applied.

My personal opinion is that a class ability, such as boundless storm, or streak, and it morphs should implement snare mitigation/ removal of some kind.

The DK class just got snare removal added to the effects of “Wings”, I personally feel that the sorcerer class should also be given snare removal.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. StamSorc's lack of useful class passives.

2. ummm I got nothing, pretty happy with the class overall.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The liquid lightning double cast bug is super annoying - Needs fixing.

That's my first... will think on the others :)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka sorcerer's low single target compared to other magicka classes.
    The problematic pets that although offer a huge dmg burst, are excluded from end game content like trials.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Magicka sorcerer DDs have really bad sustain compared to for example magicka NBs. As Alcast said I believe after they finish vCR HM, "We had 7 magblades and one very confused mag sorc."
    2. Magicka sorcerer in terms of single target DPS is quite lacking once again compared to mag NBs. While in pvp sorc is in pretty nice spot right now it could use some kind of damage buff that would affect pve but didnt touch pvp. Maybe something related to liquid lightning, a passive of kind, while liquid lightning is active and applied to a target you gain XX more spell damage or something, really anything like that.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Zachary_Shadow
    Zachary_Shadow
    ✭✭✭
    StamSorc get's the fall. There's maybe 4, 5 useful active abilities inside of the sorcerer tree for stamina users. Plus, like someone said above, there's a lack of useful passives for stamina users. Magsorc, on the other hand, can use all of the passives, they can use a majority of the abilities, etc. There's becoming less and less of a reason to play stamsorc compared to magsorc, just based on how powerful and versatile they can become. The game claims that you can play however you want, but that changes very quickly with how the abilities are set up.

Possibly change some of the morphs of 1-2 abilities to where they can be useful to stam users? For passives, maybe make it where depending on what your characters' highest values are (stamina, magicka, health), the passives change to where they could be useful to your character.
  • Rebiludo
    Rebiludo
    ✭✭✭
    The problematic pets that although offer a huge dmg burst, are excluded from end game content like trials.

+1! It is THE top one pain point for me.

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For mag Sorc:

For PvP:
    • Rune cage is too strong with no counter play and Cfrag is now kinda boring without cc and no longer the class defining skill
    • the fake root after streaking and the extrem cost stacking is really annoying

For PvE:
    • sustain is extrem bad compared to other classes
    • pets are still not in every dungeon or trial welcome (die very fast, bug out or can even trigger mechanic that will kill team mates e.g vAA, vAS ....)

(Since i already did interpret the 2 pain points quite liberal i just write the rest in brackets :p
    harness mag return is too strong on max mag builds
    dark deal and it's morphs should consume the resources at the beginning and not at the end so it already has consumed resources if it gets bashed )

Not sure if i am now also allowed to write something to stam sorc
    Edited by Zer0oo on June 1, 2018 9:22AM
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    1) Sorcerer pets are the ugliest things in this game (excluding the atronach). So much so that I HATE using them yet feel like I need to for the dps. Why so much effort for the warden bear but giving the Sorc pets design job to a 5 year old....

2) Where are the rest of the schools of magic?
    (Edit: Real (2) Actually would rather a way to heal the Sorc without having to slot inner light and surge, all the other classes have a single slot ability. NB’s even help with their magicka sustain (siphoning strikes))

Pretty happy with how the rest of the Sorc kit is performing tbh. Number one would have been a new spammable but you guys gave us that in the psijic skill line :)
    Edited by gnarlyvandal on May 31, 2018 11:18PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haunting Curse breaks shadow cloak twice!

Implosion should only occur on Direct damage, not all damage.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Changing overload:
    The skill paired with it's 3rd bar capability has been a deterrent and cry for imbalance from many.

I purpose reworking this ultimate to an AoE repulse/knock-back. The end result would be similar to soul tether in size. One morph could be a further knock-back, while the other concusses all enemies in the area.

The sorcerer archetype is designed around ranged damage. Having a back off ultimate would allow the player to create their own space and reassess, instead of streaking multiple times while shield stacking.

This post was made from a PvP perspective, where gap-closers, snares, and, immovable pots are near enough negating a ranged play style.

If anyone would like to elaborate on this idea feel free.
    Edited by Qwazzy on May 31, 2018 5:20PM
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overpowered class with the highest burst damage, highest sustain and highest defence

Also streak is too effective and needs an even higher cost increase
  • Iziquiel
    Iziquiel
    ✭✭
    1) Lack of useful stamina class passives

2) No class alternative that could be used instead of 1 (or more) of Endless Hail, Razor Caltrops, Poison Injection, Rearming Trap (I believe these 4 skills are in the meta build of all stam builds - it would be nice to have some class variety!)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Magicka Sorcs greatly need a class spammable. Maybe rework Crystal Shard Morphs again. Make the base ability instant and buff the damage and lower the cost to reflect Force Pulse or Strife. Reapply the stun to the Fragments proc but lower the damage from the base ability for the proc only. Remove the stun from crystal blast morph and and buff the damage from the base ability. Since Blast is an AOE morph right now, maybe increase the damage per enemy hit by the splash. This would continue to play into a sorc's propensity for good AOE damage.

This would make Fragments more useful in PVP, with in instant, but dodgeable and blockable stun. And it would make Crystal Blast more useful all around and provide sorcs an option outside of Force Pulse for a spammable.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At a glance heres what i suggest for the class
    1.Lack of a class spammable ability every class has a class skill they can spam why not Sorc we have too many delayed skiils or wonky DOTs its hard to keep pressure on an enemy. (a similar attack and damage to the magicka morph of Trapping Webs from before 2.3) would be great.
    2. Either give back the stun to Crystal Fragments, buff the damage or at the very least increase the speed at which the fragments flys anyone with a eye can see it block it and or roll to dodge i feel like that episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force when the Mooninites fire there incredibly slow "quad laser" when i use Crystal frags.

3. Do something with Streak why is it the only ability in the game your where your punished for spamming either reduce or get rid of its cost multiplier or increase the range of the Streak anyone with a gap closer can easily gap close and kill you.
    4. Some type of snare removal either from something like Boundless Storm or from Streak would be nice.
    5. A class burst ultimate similar to the Magicka morph of Dawnbreaker we had before patch 2.3

Edited by RebornV3x on May 31, 2018 5:52PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest issue: sorceror(and warden) pet visibility in non-combat situations - you can't move in towns, banks, craft areas without having a bunch of flapping, leaping and grunting pets blocking access to just about everything. Damned annoying 'feature' introduced a few patches ago to make things better for sorcs and bloody miserable for everyone else. GET RID OF SORC PETS IN TOWN!

edit:
    some suggestions, ranting (mostly) aside
    • simply make sorc pets in non-combat situations invisible to everyone other than casting sorc
    • make sorc pets transparent to user interaction as other player avatars are (this is NOT a preferred solution since it wouldn't eliminate the visual opacity caused by sorc pet obscuring a significant proportion of field of view)
    • shrink sorc pet to tiny insect size and have them buzz/orbit around their caster's head. They could then auto-inflate and move to usual size position via an interesting graphic once combat is initiated. They might like that...actually, I might like that, too...
    • make sorc pet interactable to other players that, when 'used', would turn pet into a face-hugger wrapping itself around the head of the casting sorc so they'd learn to appreciate how annoying those damned pets are; not dismissable for 30secs so that appreciation could really sink in
    • eliminate sorcs - all of them. everywhere. no sorcs = no flappy/jumpy pets.
    Edited by Bucky Balls on May 31, 2018 6:26PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking this stuff down!
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adjust the cost of the Unstable Clannfear so that it matches DK tanking equivalent, Greenblood. Currently, it is like 8k magica per squeeze which is insane when you are doing end game content as a sorc tank.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These aren't about being OP or wanting a buff for buffs sake. They are to make playing feel fun again. Make Sorc feel light and fast.
    1. Increase Sorc mobility again. Boundless or Streak need a review, snare / cc removal, something! Streak has a buggy ending and cost isn't warranted. Boundless is a heck of a slot to give up when its not boundless lol
    2. Increase burst. Leave us less pigeon holed (cage or reach) allow more Weopon choice diversity with that (now DW has been killed). Class spammable perhaps
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My first pain point is the lack of gameplay variety for magicka players. Doesnt even have to be offensive variety but tanky, healer or buff/debuff.

For example, sorc healers cannot utilize the Twilight pet in Cyrodiil because casting Hardened ward removes Retreating Maneuver from yourself for whatever reason.

We dont have nearly enough supportive skills/passives and the ones we have like Empowered Ward's minor intelligence is useless because (again) casting the skill removes Retreating Maneuver. We had a group support with Encase snare but that was removed. We could protect our allies from projectiles with Ball of Lightning but casting that skill removes Retreating Maneuver as well.

My second pain point is an alternative to shield stacking. Something like making the blood magic passive trigger with damage dealt (every 0.5 seconds) and giving Shattering Prison morph of Encase a DOT and vitality would go a long way.
    Edited by Ankael07 on May 31, 2018 9:15PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently switched to msorc from mNB after that mega nerf. I am liking it with just a few problems.

1) The double cast on LL. Zos fix for this did not make is a single cast but just added a macro internal to the game that hits the button twice when you hit it once. This still does not weave right and has this odd hanging delay.

2) The persistent pet as DOT. He seems to respond poorly to commands, sometimes triggers ally killing mechanics, can gain agro impeding proper mob movement, and also not only can die but also dies sometimes, like in ROM pillar time, when he is not even damaged, he just buggs out. Of course I also don't like double baring it. I would much prefer the pets to be like most Warden pets and really be just animations that summon and dispel with the cast. That was a much nicer arrangement. You could also do a morph that stays around for the non-dps morph as maybe people like that.

3) Somebody mentioned snares. This is a game wide magica issue as stam toons have a skill that does major expedition, snare removal, and snare immunity. Our only snare immunity is a pure defense vamp skill that prevents attacking and becomes more expensive with multi uses. This is a big imbalance and is a large part of the reason stam 1vX's mag so much in PVP. Mag toons spend most of their time in a fight at 70% or more snare and sitting in ground snares so that even purge is immediately negated.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Rune Cage is too oppressive for non-tank stamina builds to deal with and has no counterplay to it. Twice as big tooltip as Fossilize (and bigger tooltip than the dodgeable/blockable Flame Reach even), 28m range, undodgeable and unblockable. Available to a class with enormous amount of burst. Needs to be tuned down.

2) Too reliant on shield stacking playstyle, would be nice to have alternative ways of playing magicka sorcerer.
    Edited by DDuke on May 31, 2018 6:43PM
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    1: Lack of sustain on StamSorc. The rotation is too reliant on heavy attacks. Also true on MagSorcs. Class could use a cost reduction passive or something.
    2: Lack of stamina class skills. Class has no spammable skill along with no execute. In PVE I only run hurricane and occasionally daedric armor. Many of the passives don't benefit a stamina character at all. I just feel they really lack any sort of identity.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Stam Sorc is THE mobility class yet gets snared and stunned often with how common snares are in the game. If Hurricane had a buff that reduced the durations of snares by X percent it would help.

2) Also the passives greatly benefit mag sorcs yet not as much for stam sorcs.
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 1, 2018 4:36AM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Liquid Lightning doesn't cast properly on the first attempt, esp after bar swap. Sometimes doesn't fire at all.
    • Command Pet keybind should trump heavy attack aggro (Same way Block trumps Skill trumps LA/HA), possible exception only if the Commanded target dies.
      • Or make the Heavy attack aggro a checkbox option in settings - some of us liked the old Command option to set Familiars after one target while personally attacking a different one. Enabled simplifies pet aggro, disabled allows for advanced skilled use of Pets Familiars. (Wizards have familiars. Paris Hilton has pets.)

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 31, 2018 8:41PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Stamina morphs for pets are missing. Most of an entire skill line is useless if a player builds for stamina.

2) Console users cannot control pets. This is a MAJOR pain point in PVP because they just run off and die, effectively giving enemies free ultimate building opportunities.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest pain points would be, that there is no way to remove slow effects with class abilities.
    In combat sustain is also not good.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My perspective on the class as someone who picked it up in homestead to pvp, and fell in love with it.

The rune cage change can be really strong depending on the situation, but still feels clunky when outnumbered and managing both shields and damage against your targets. It works really well in 1v1s and Xv1 but feels lackluster when dealing with multiple opponents.

Speaking entirely from an outnumbered perspective here, crystal fragments worked better as you could more effectively weave it with your rotation. Adding rune cage on top of what the magsorc has to already micromanage breaks the rotation. The rune cage animation and delay just does not feel right when you're being outnumbered, and it just feels too strong when you outnumber your target.

My top 2 items however.
    • Return the bonus damage and stun to procced crystal frag. I understand the idea behind high damaging skills not also cc'ing, but considering that frag operates on a proc basis, is a projectile with a travel time that can be blocked, dodged or even reflected back at the sorc. I think it's fair that frag gets its cc back.
    • Streak should not be as punishing to use repeatedly if it will not remove or prevent snares.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 magsorc needs a class spammable ability.
    2 for all magicka classes it would be great to have an ability similar to Forward Momentum in mages guild tree
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1)
    Lack of stamina passives

2)
    Lack of class skill that would apply fracture (See: nightblade surprise attack, dk noxious breath, warden sub assault, templar power of the light). Literally the ONLY stamina class lacking fracture.
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates