Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    The front and back end delay when using Bolt escape and morphs.

Better overload ultimate, especially new/improved heavy attacks that's useful in PvP and PvE.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Pets.

2) Few sources for major/minor buffs and debuffs compared to other classes.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Andferne wrote: »
    Remove the cost increase to Streak.

I don't think they will ever remove this part of the skill, the 50% cost increase is going to stay there for a long time.

let's take a look to the " skill " definition " . Proficiency, facility, or dexterity that is acquired or developed through training or experience " You see what i mean ? This can not be called a " skill " if there is a cost increase.
    Or They need to explain the cost increase ... maybe by adding a little buff like molag kena, something like " Casting again within 4 secondes costs 50% more magicka and increase your weapons damage by X during Y second "
    So, each time you streak within 4 second, X and Y values would increase, and this could help a bit if someone is spamming you the gap closer.
    Edited by Apherius on June 3, 2018 5:28PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Andferne wrote: »
    Remove the cost increase to Streak.

I don't think they will ever remove this part of the skill, the 50% cost increase is going to stay there for a long time.

let's take a look to the " skill " definition " . Proficiency, facility, or dexterity that is acquired or developed through training or experience " You see what i mean ? This can not be called a " skill " if there is a cost increase.
    Or They need to explain the cost increase ... maybe by adding a little buff like molag kena, something like " Casting again within 4 secondes costs 50% more magicka and increase your weapons damage by X during Y second "
    So, each time you streak within 4 second, X and Y values would increase, and this could help a bit if someone is spamming you the gap closer.

Streak does need a cost increase, but 30% instead of 50% would go a long way to fixing our mobility issues in a fight.

Or remove the cost increase entirely if streak damages someone. If you’re using it as a weapon instead of an escape, I don’t see the issue.
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    MagSorc For PvE:

1: Pets are very troublesome...Mag Sorc is in a bad place right now. Such low DPS that I switched to Magicka Templar to be able to get over 40k without pets. - Pets shouldn’t be required for decent DPS but instead for utility, CC and healing. Endgame really sucks with having to use pets for decent DPS, ruins the class for me.

2: Needs a new DPS ability to boost overall DPS. Such as another DoT on par with the pet AoE but without pets. Or a good class spammable.
  • Sru
    Sru
    ✭✭✭
    Pets : major peeve

This is the first MMO where you had so little real control over pets.

Stay, Defend, Offensive, Return, Passive .... why do we have such crude abilities. And, as mentioned, some trials are actively hostile to pets; poor design?

Other than that : Sub-standard sustain since Morrowind (taken a little too far), damage going down consistently, no class spamable, clunky overload bar.
  • Xodarap777
    Xodarap777
    ✭✭
    "1) Too reliant on shield stacking playstyle, would be nice to have alternative ways of playing magicka sorcerer."

To add to this excellent pain point/suggestion: I feel like my sorc is the one class who can't heal and damage or shield and damage at the same time. We're entirely dependent on Dot-dot-shield-shield-dot-dot-shield-shield. A few others have pointed out the singular playstyle. There's no creativity or fun, here. I personally love the summons and wouldn't change them (in methods - but do they HAVE to be SO UGLY?! Skins, please??? I'll pay a billion crowns.)

This also leads to the second pain point, which so many people have mentioned:

2) A class spammable.

How? Kill two birds with one stone: Fix a crystal shards morph to be spammable that aids in resources - health, shield, or magicka.

Right now, we have terrible sustain, no spammable or good DD (as opposed to DoT), no "dual" skills (e.g. heal+dps). It's all the same thing: one straight line through class play.

Oh and:

3) Clannfear heal is way too weak AND way too expensive! 35% of my glass cannon's crummy HP is crumbs. I love having the offtank, but the heal is another slap in the face to our sustain - and another skill that heals without any "dual" purpose. (Same for Matriarch heal).
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Some Daedric Summoning passives (rebate and expert summoner) only affect pets. Please make these passives affect all Daedric Summoning skills somehow, so that thsoe that don't use pets (stam sorcs) can take advantage of those.

2. I dislike the implosion proc system. Mag sorcs have a great execute and wouldn't miss implosion, but taking away implosion for stam sorcs would be bad without giving us a stamina execute.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Mobility. Bolt Escape needs to be improved so that Sorcs can escape snares and gap closers.

2) Self-healing. Surge should be improved so that it provides a reliable heal over time that is strong enough to allow Sorcs to stay on the offensive.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's time to rework sorc execute. It was usefull tool in the past when dmg was not so easy to apply but currently it is simply too easy to get kills if there is sorc mashing 1 button on Your side.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    [*] the fake root after streaking and the extrem cost stacking is really annoying

This. Also I feel sorcs (and magblades) still need a class skill to purge snares/roots.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • batters92
    batters92
    ✭✭✭
    1.) class reps not giving a damn about pve mag sorc dds (like i wrote in the class rep thread we didn't see any activity by them in the discord channels about mag dds)

2.) there are many issues right now that need to addressed. only the pets are worth a long list with pain points, but if i have to chose:
    2.1) damage of sorc execute should be a little bit higher (to compare with the nbs: impale hits harder than the proc (bow), for sorcs its the other way around and in execute the finisher just becomes a spammable replacement until frags proc)
    2.2) pets shouldn't count as player and never get any trial mechanic on them (vAS storm of heavens, vAA chain lightning)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | The Dynamo | Immortal Redeemer | Bringer of Light | Gryphon Heart
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Lack of stamSorc passives and morphs. I'm basically a weapon class that has a hurricane. It's the only class that I have alot of the passives simply greyed out.

2. Overload morph is really silly and almost never used. Make it do physical or make it into a cheap damaging ulti, maybe an AOE knock back or a hurricane like dot that exists for a little bit. But then no OL bar being the trade-off for that new morph.

BONUS ROUND - Active skills on bound armor are really lack luster.
  • MassPandemic
    MassPandemic
    ✭✭
    TrapLord wrote: »
    Mag Sorcs main problem is that there is no way to remove a snare. And almost every class and build has a way to mitigate, and or remove snares applied.

My personal opinion is that a class ability, such as boundless storm, or streak, and it morphs should implement snare mitigation/ removal of some kind.

The DK class just got snare removal added to the effects of “Wings”, I personally feel that the sorcerer class should also be given snare removal.

I get where you're coming from , but should a class really be 100% self sufficent isnt this the reason we need this program in the first place?
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only commenting about magsorcs because I'm not expert enough when it comes to stamsorcs.

Top pain point in PVE:
    - magsorcs need build alternatives for DPS endgame content that reach other classes endgame DPS. Not everybody wants to play a pet sorc, not everywhere pets are useful.

Top pain point in PVP:
    - Snares and CCs need a magicka counter that is better than "streak away while you can" (which causes a lot of the toxicity of magsorc-haters). Considering the amout of snares and CCs that overlap during each and any fight midscale+, there should be some short-timed ability that gives snare- and CC-immunity comparable to forward momentum. Personally I would love to see it on boundless storm instead of major expedition.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Having 4 mag sorcs on my account (I love them that much) and a magblade, and not finding a single reason why I should play the sorcs.
    Trial leaders even tell you to unsummon the pets, because they can wipe everyone so bad at last bosses.

Net result: heavy feeling you are playing a gimped and hard capped version of a magicka nightblade.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non-pet sorcs get nothing from the 'rebate' and 'expert summoner' passives.

Surge, while strong in PvE, is severely lacking in no-CP PvP (for an elaborate discussion, scroll through any shield breaker thread).

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like NB is alway the reference. we really need something to stand out.

Crystal Blast... Pet ... Overload ... Daedric tomb, so much class skill that could be reworked
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Crystal Blast... Pet ... Overload ... Daedric tomb, so much class skill that could be reworked

Would be nice if that "something to stand out" benefits all sorcerers equally, not just a portion of one resource.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The need to slot pets on both bars has always been bad design in a limited skillbar MMO. Making the pets need just one bar and persist in bar swaps just how they made the Psijic skill Mend work should be a priority.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The great thing about NB is they have great class abilities for mag AND stam. Meanwhile StamSorcs defining ability is hurricane and streak... Everything else is primairly focused around mag users. Nearly the whole Daedric Summoning tree and 50% of the passives are 100% useless for StamSorcs. Not that I want pets as a StamSorc but would be nice to see some more variety for StamSorcs.

Again, I'll echo what a lot of people have already mentioned and that is snare removal (and small immunity?) to snares with streak and/or ball. It would benefit both Mag and Stam Sorcs.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a mag-sorc PVP perspective
    1. No reliable class healing skill available.
    2. Too much oblivion damage goes under the shields - the only mag-sorc's protection
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already stated several times: decrease the cast time of Crystal Blast:
    The animation of crystal blast takes so long (the devs should use this skill on dungeons, open world etc, to see that it takes so long to cast a single crystal blast during the fight), and you can't cast light attacks between each consecutively casting, because it interrupts the next cast of crystal blast or the LA doesn't hit.

Consecutevely casting crystal blast feels like it takes less time than casting the first shot of crystal blast. But since the first cast of crystal blast takes so long, you will be losing a lot of time casting it, then failing to land the crystal blast because the mob is already dead, than you start casting on another mob that has left like half of his hp already and he dies again before you finished casting, so, crystal blast is a struggle at the moment. Especially after the buff to light attacks: crystal blast will be even less appealing since casting force pulse + light attack + crystal frags does more dps.

So, my 2 cents is: Decrease the casting time by 0.5s, fix the animation because somehow the casting is clunky and takes more than 1s. Don't make it a proc ability, otherwise we will have to slot force pulse on every.single.build out there, and I want some diversity, force pulse shouldn't be a must for every sorc build (ok, there's heavy attack builds as well, and that's it)

Let crystal blast be our spammable ability alternative to force pulse.

IMO when we use crystal blast and then it hits the target, but the target is already dead, the AoE should still hit mobs around. The way it currently is, the AoE doesn't proc if by the time it lands on the target, the target is already dead. So we lose time/dps for nothing.
    Edited by Benemime on June 4, 2018 9:12PM
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A large annoyance for me as a Sorcerer Tank(magicka) that uses either the Atronach Ultimate and Twilight Matriarch or Clannfear depending on my setup it bothers me that Heavy attacking for resources or any reason causes the Pet to focus on whatever enemy I connected a heavy attack with. It completely invalidates any command that I may have set for it, like attacking the Boss so I can rezz a fallen ally or going for a loose Add running around trying to shank my healer. I'd prefer if the pet command forced it to attack it's target with priority despite what I happen to heavy attack.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a 2H StamSorc who really wants to play with a pet (nostagia of my TES years and its incredible amount of choice when it comes to summons) here are the main two things I'm bothered with :

1) the magicka cost of my clannfear and its very low damage on a stambuild. It'd be great if it could be boosted, have some sort of different scaling, OR alternatively only take ONE bar slot and remain summoned when I switch bars so I can slot another skill to compensate.

2) sustain. What happened to our sustain ? Is it me ? I've been having the worst time ever with it lately with the new LA rotation, and also am wondering if there isn't some kind of issue of random stamina drain, as mentioned in this post

Thanks or this post, by the way. Hope it'll help you help us !
    Edited by Itacira on June 4, 2018 9:51PM
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is for PVP-

1) lack of snare removal makes sorc one of the easiest kills in PVP for anyone even remotely competent.

2) Shields are an average at best defense against good players.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make clanfear a stam morph please
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Lack of class skills for StamSorc. The class lacks active abilities for StamSorcs, and the passives don't make up enough for the lack of active abilities.

2) Bolt Escape is the main reason I wanted to play Sorc when the game first came out. Imagine my dismay when I unlock the skill and find I can't zoom around the battlefield because of the lack of Magicka and the massive cost increase. This skill should be made more fun in PvE and if the cost increase isn't going away, there should be a Stamina morph of it.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Already done a pain point about the aesthetics of the Sorc pets, realised since then there’s an in game flame scamp you can get as a non combat pet.

It looks really good.

Makes me want to use my Sorcs summon even less because it sucks so much. Le siiiigh
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All kidding aside:
    • Sorcerer pet visuals are boring at best.
    • The Maw of the Infernal Daedroth is much, much too big; I can't run it because it literally keeps other players from seeing the enemies' actions.
    • The in-town thing is fixable on the PC via the PetDismiss add-on. But it must be awful on consoles.

Biggest issue: sorceror(and warden) pet visibility in non-combat situations - you can't move in towns, banks, craft areas without having a bunch of flapping, leaping and grunting pets blocking access to just about everything. Damned annoying 'feature' introduced a few patches ago to make things better for sorcs and bloody miserable for everyone else. GET RID OF SORC PETS IN TOWN!

edit:
    some suggestions, ranting (mostly) aside
    • simply make sorc pets in non-combat situations invisible to everyone other than casting sorc
    • make sorc pets transparent to user interaction as other player avatars are (this is NOT a preferred solution since it wouldn't eliminate the visual opacity caused by sorc pet obscuring a significant proportion of field of view)
    • shrink sorc pet to tiny insect size and have them buzz/orbit around their caster's head. They could then auto-inflate and move to usual size position via an interesting graphic once combat is initiated. They might like that...actually, I might like that, too...
    • make sorc pet interactable to other players that, when 'used', would turn pet into a face-hugger wrapping itself around the head of the casting sorc so they'd learn to appreciate how annoying those damned pets are; not dismissable for 30secs so that appreciation could really sink in
    • eliminate sorcs - all of them. everywhere. no sorcs = no flappy/jumpy pets.