The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.4

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh boy, I was really expecting more from the final pts patch notes. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Zos were all fans of you here, we all are fans of the game. We want to support you but Its hard when a large portion of essentially your beta testers almost universally agree that there is problems with jewelry crafting and sloads and in the last pts patch notes its not addressed and no comment has been officially made about either of these thing.

I really hope something is done with these before live but I just dont believe it will happen when nothing has addressed it yet :/
    Options
  • Rjizzle09
    Rjizzle09
    ✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Y_Sync wrote: »
    This is it?

YUP, if you were hoping for changes to other bugs or your preferred class, guess what? That feedback was straight up ignored!

No no, they did respond to it... by saying they were ignoring it...
    Feanor wrote: »
    This is it?

YUP, if you were hoping for changes to other bugs or your preferred class, guess what? That feedback was straight up ignored!

That was to be expected though after Gina wrote 4.0.4 is going to be only fixed and polishing for the new skill line and the pve in Summerset.

That isn't exactly what I said...

Can we expect balance on live patch like last time with mothers sorrow change (IIRC anyway)

yall seriously miss the point that if they balance certain things they have to balance everything else at the same time right? their not ignoring the feedback on class balance either their working on it what yall are expecting aint possible to happen its gonna take them a while to finally push that out.

Dude no this game has been out for years and weve been fed the same line every single patch. It literally makes no sense that we have TWO trials favoring one sorc and 7 magblades. Sorcerer in general needs more sustain and more damage. Templar both MAG AND STAM need more sustain and more damage, otherwise they will just stay the buff and healing class. Stam dks need a homeXD The list goes on and on.

There are PLENTY of base game things that needs fixing. Elfbane doesnt even buff all flame sets it only buffs zaan and its not even an ability lmao. Trillions of item sets that need to be reworked or even looked at. There are lots of things that need to be done before fixing this new content or putting things in the crown store like theyve been doing. I already know, though that end game players never see any love anyways. Its always the casuals since they provide the most money to the game which is smart businesswise.

Theres no point in having a cake with just all icing, but failing to actually have a good base to it
    Options
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is it?

This is it?

That was to be expected though after Gina wrote 4.0.4 is going to be only fixed and polishing for the new skill line and the pve in Summerset.

Can we expect balance on live patch like last time with mothers sorrow change (IIRC anyway)

yall seriously miss the point that if they balance certain things they have to balance everything else at the same time right? their not ignoring the feedback on class balance either their working on it what yall are expecting aint possible to happen its gonna take them a while to finally push that out.

First dlc release for you? If you were here the last 4 years u know that nothing gonna happen.
    Options
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    A little disappointed to say the least.

You can’t simply release PTS 1 (4.0.0) with several class balance changes and then ignore the player feedback on thouse changes and don’t review them.

Inumerous players added feedback on the class changes when you guys released the first PTS — with very good ideas and contributions to say the least. It’s been 4 PTS cycles since then and the inital changes have not been worked on after taking such feedback.

I’ve got high hopes for next week, where player feedback will be taken into account when addressing class balancing. ‘Cause quite frankly, releasing class balance changes on the first PTS and not reviewing them after 4 PTS cycles after so much player feedback has been proposed gives the community the impression that ZoS is not listening to us - which im certain is not the case.

Hopefully you guys understand where I’m coming from.

Edited by Quantum_V on May 14, 2018 4:51PM
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you say there will be no longer Morrowind main theme/combat music? Biggest disappointment of this update :bawling:
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s sad a lot of good suggestions were not taken up. It’s over 2,000 posts on all the class threads and not all of them were QQ.

2000 posts.

1000 x QQ
    300 x "buff me"
    300 x "nerf him"
    125 x subjective opinion saying white
    125 x subjective opinion saying black
    100 x bug reports (most were old bugs)
    50 x well developed and realist suggestions

It is our own fault if the good suggestions were drowned in non-sense.

I do agree ZoS should have fixed more of the reported bugs though.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hayhurst wrote: »
    Mechanical Acuity: This item set now only procs on direct damage instead of all damage.

Sneaking it in on the last iteration.
    Who would of seen that coming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They could at least increase the proc percentage than. I know, wishful thinking but I just golded out a set on a dot-damage build...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no fix to overload light attack scaling, and interactions with the new empower.

One-shotting people with it is going to be absolutely hilarious.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mechanical Acuity: This item set now only procs on direct damage instead of all damage.

Some people might call this a nerf, I call it a BUFF. I would much rather be able to control when Acuity procs than to have it proc off some random DOT.

lol again
    Options
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭

They could at least increase the proc percentage than. I know, wishful thinking but I just golded out a set on a dot-damage build...

I don't know how you didn't see that coming. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that the nerf was so lenient. Even in its new state, it is likely to over perform and might end up getting nerfed again.
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    testd4n1 wrote: »

I don't know how you didn't see that coming. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that the nerf was so lenient. Even in its new state, it is likely to over perform and might end up getting nerfed again.

Well, I got two options. Put it on another character or switch from dot to direct damage. The first one is preferred but now I gotta think about a set for that dot-build :D
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    testd4n1 wrote: »

Why did it need a nerf? Because it worked well and was useful for all damage dealers? I've never understood why we have to always worry that something that is good has got to go. Not sure why Zo$ even bothers with making good and interesting sets when they just destroy them. Meh, just another gold set down the drains, guess I'll just stop golding anything, nothing is safe.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember guys: This is not actually the final patch. There's only so many changes ZOS can properly implement in one week. Just like with every other patch in the past, there will be changes between the last PTS version and the Release version.

ZOS can only work so fast. Don't expect feedback you provide on a thursday to become gameplay mechanics before the weekend.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. Like a wise man once said: Wait with golding out your acuity set, since they may sneak nerf it in the last pts patch.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well BSW was in par with acuity so I guess that we will be running that instead, and for a second set we will use either Master Architect or Mantle of Siroria. So i wont call this a nerf, maybe just a lack of diversity :)
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well BSW was in par with acuity so I guess that we will be running that instead, and for a second set we will use either Master Architect or Mantle of Siroria. So i wont call this a nerf, maybe just a lack of diversity :)

Well, all those sets don't work that great on a Stamsorc...

Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cant wait to use my mag warden in summerset!" -said no one.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    "Cant wait to use my mag warden in summerset!" -said no one.

I'm dieing
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Crystal Tower: Fixed an issue that would prevent your followers from actually following you if you reclogged while in the Tower.

We get clogs? When were clogs introduced into the game? Why did nobody tell me?
    PC EU
    Options
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭

How is this lack of diversity when EVERYONE was wearing Mech Acuity? It didn't matter if they were a Stam or Mag character. Luckily all I golded out was my daggers. This set will still work rather effectively on my build, might switch one thing or leave it as is and see how it will perform.
    Options
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    SevenPacer wrote: »

Some people might call this a nerf, I call it a BUFF. I would much rather be able to control when Acuity procs than to have it proc off some random DOT.

You can already control your Acuity proc if u're somewhat familiar to your rotation or even with Acuity Timer. I see zero points in calling this a buff, lul.

PvP wise it's a buff cause on live MA can proc by fire ballista and oil dot and this is annoying :p
    PC EU - DC only
    Options
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for taking player feedback in to consideration. What a breath of fresh air after 4 years.
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rjizzle09 wrote: »
    This is it?

This is it?

Dude no this game has been out for years and weve been fed the same line every single patch. It literally makes no sense that we have TWO trials favoring one sorc and 7 magblades. Sorcerer in general needs more sustain and more damage. Templar both MAG AND STAM need more sustain and more damage, otherwise they will just stay the buff and healing class. Stam dks need a homeXD The list goes on and on.

There are PLENTY of base game things that needs fixing. Elfbane doesnt even buff all flame sets it only buffs zaan and its not even an ability lmao. Trillions of item sets that need to be reworked or even looked at. There are lots of things that need to be done before fixing this new content or putting things in the crown store like theyve been doing. I already know, though that end game players never see any love anyways. Its always the casuals since they provide the most money to the game which is smart businesswise.

Theres no point in having a cake with just all icing, but failing to actually have a good base to it

So much this :/ TBH after 4 years I am burned out. With each weak I play less and less. I realy hoped that Summerset will change it, but as far as I see its another patch just to make money. No fixes for things that are broken since launch, like balancing existing sets, instant mails (sic!), better guild store search etc. I know, that making everyone happy is impossible (class balance), but there are things that are reported by thousands of players and still ignored. Time to take a longer break... For a third time. Shame...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Still no fix to overload light attack scaling, and interactions with the new empower.

They already removed empower for overload last week

EDIT: No they didn't. They removed Imbue Weapon. Sorry
    Edited by nemvar on May 14, 2018 5:40PM
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well. I finally started dealing somewhat good damage wearing Acuity set. But it's over. There's a saying im country, I can roughly translated it as "Never had a good life, so no reason to start". Never was good enough for dungeons, no reason to start...
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I agree, this ultimate is so OP ... In PVP .... For gank .... With full damage set ... With no regen ... With no survavibility ... only when you use another " slow-moving flying potatoe skill = Crystal blast which is only useful if you pair it with Overload ... But yeah, let's nerf this potatoe.
    Edited by Apherius on May 14, 2018 5:54PM
    Options
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to see some mend wounds fixes while there's still time to test. It's a unique ability with many things that can go wrong.

Edit: for example, I got a permanent heal beam on someone last week. It still used magicka, but I no longer had to channel heavy attack, so I was free to use other attacks and abilities.
    Edited by Mudcrabber on May 14, 2018 7:48PM
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not super excited for jewelrycrafting with the 10 times cost for upgrade materials, traits, etc. Or the fact that nothing's been adjusted in the way of master writs. Why even have mater writs for a new craft when the payout isn't balanced to the cost?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you please give us a date for midyear mayhem?
    I have a vacation to plan and knowing the date for this event will obviously help.

Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    A little disappointed to say the least.

You can’t simply release PTS 1 (4.0.0) with several class balance changes and then ignore the player feedback on thouse changes and don’t review them.

Just because they decide to not make any further changes doesn't mean they chose to ignore feedback and not review them. Maybe, after review, they found the feedback unhelpful and decided to go through with the changes anyway. Just because feedback is given, doesn't mean that feedback has to be considered or that the feedback is even good.
    Options