The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.4

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I understand that this pts cycle was not about class balance but what about the skills that you changed this pts pretty sure almost anyone who is even had decent at the game no matter what class they play can agree that mag warden needs its cc back for pvp or at least another useful cc from another skill are there any plans to at least take a look at this before the patch goes live?
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I understand that this pts cycle was not about class balance but what about the skills that you changed this pts pretty sure almost anyone who is even had decent at the game no matter what class they play can agree that mag warden needs its cc back for pvp or at least another useful cc from another skill are there any plans to at least take a look at this before the patch goes live?

"We will look at class balance in a future update. We really wanna focus the next couple updates on light attack mechanics that require you to hit right trigger, or click your mouse one time because this is a huge issue with the game at the moment. Meanwhile you can purchase research scrolls in the crown store for 5,000 crowns."
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Mihael wrote: »

"We will look at class balance in a future update. We really wanna focus the next couple updates on light attack mechanics that require you to hit right trigger, or click your mouse one time because this is a huge issue with the game at the moment. Meanwhile you can purchase research scrolls in the crown store for 5,000 crowns."

Good translation of reading between the lines.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno do you still have no information or comment about the unobtainable tutorial skillpoint(s) from the Morrowind and Summerset Chapters? Please read and comment: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/404450/major-oversight-might-go-live-1-week-left-summerset-tutorial-missable-skillpoint/p1
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of the new music - is there going to be a Summerset soundtrack?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Speaking of the new music - is there going to be a Summerset soundtrack?

Willing to bet it is Never gonna give you up.... with lyrics on screen saying “LOL YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GETTING CLASS BALANCES”

/sarcasm
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for buffing Werewolf LA and HA !
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please lower the resource grind to Jewelry crafting . Pretty please with moonsugar on top .
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no class balance updates

isleep.jpg

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please lower the resource grind to Jewelry crafting . Pretty please with moonsugar on top .

Perfectly happy with the resources needed for golding out jewels. Not everyone should be golded out in every piece.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ingore the grumpy people. It looks well done.

Though my favorite things is all fixes to outfit systems. I like that some things no longer overlap.
  • Raz415
    Raz415
    ✭✭✭
    zps96g7pyb9f.png
    Justice
    • Fixed an issue where guards would not actually talk to you after stopping you.

Oh God no. I was always breathe so easy when they let me off the hook. This was my favorite thing about the Justice system, I wish you guys would leave it be and maybe add some dialogue to the guards (something like "off you go punk, we're watching you)
    Edited by Raz415 on May 14, 2018 7:46PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobelding wrote: »
    Really hoped they would have addressed the extra Summerset tutorial skill point that only new characters will have access to, same issue as Morrowind that will most likely go through to live now. Please ZOS just make it a "Chapter Tutorial" skill point and let existing characters play the tutorial quest for the skill point, problem solved, and all characters can have equal access to all skill points.

Well this is my only disappointment. I wish I understood why it is so.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hayhurst wrote: »
    Mechanical Acuity: This item set now only procs on direct damage instead of all damage.

Sneaking it in on the last iteration.
    Who would of seen that coming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Some people might call this a nerf, I call it a BUFF. I would much rather be able to control when Acuity procs than to have it proc off some random DOT.

There is no way to control random procs. They're RNG-bassd. And this doesn't stop DoTs from proccing it. Most DoTs in this game are classified as direct damage.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 14, 2018 7:44PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hayhurst wrote: »
    Mechanical Acuity: This item set now only procs on direct damage instead of all damage.

Sneaking it in on the last iteration.
    Who would of seen that coming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Some people might call this a nerf, I call it a BUFF. I would much rather be able to control when Acuity procs than to have it proc off some random DOT.

Some of us were able to control when it procced despite "some random dot"...

I glad it was a buff for you only, grats.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rollback incoming just like in horns of the reach update where all feedback was ignored and nerfed thief and shadow to uselessness. I rather zos not to do anything.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rohamad_Ali
    The damage compared to live is basically the same. The "50% buff" was from the earlier broken version. @Aznox (and myself) have tested it a few minutes ago.

Edited by Qbiken on May 14, 2018 8:02PM
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uf. Acuity nerf leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I just came back to this game and finally got settled in after fleeing a massive nuclear nerf to everything I played in a different game, only to have the cycle of "everything I use gets nerfed" follow me back here.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be a good idea for ZOS to communicate in plain and meaningful terms exactly what the plan going forward with class balance.

We got changes introduced in this patch there were tested and some red flags occurred during that test phase. In the past, some of the concerns were addressed before the PTS hit Live.

Why are things different this time?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

@Rohamad_Ali
    The damage compared to live is basically the same. The "50% buff" was from the earlier broken version. @Aznox (and myself) have tested it a few minutes ago.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    The damage on LA and HA is literally the same as on live in werewolf form.

@Qbiken Thank you for the test and information . Could you record a short vid clip to show @ZOS_GinaBruno that the patch notes do not reflect the actual change ?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

@Rohamad_Ali

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    The damage on LA and HA is literally the same as on live in werewolf form.

@Qbiken Thank you for the test and information . Could you record a short vid clip to show @ZOS_GinaBruno that the patch notes do not reflect the actual change ?

Check latest post on this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/410252/ww-la-pending-review-how-will-this-impact-your-builds#latest
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for taking player feedback in to consideration. What a breath of fresh air after 4 years.

wut where?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    Remember guys: This is not actually the final patch. There's only so many changes ZOS can properly implement in one week. Just like with every other patch in the past, there will be changes between the last PTS version and the Release version.

ZOS can only work so fast. Don't expect feedback you provide on a thursday to become gameplay mechanics before the weekend.

it's going to be bug fixes.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    A little disappointed to say the least.

You can’t simply release PTS 1 (4.0.0) with several class balance changes and then ignore the player feedback on thouse changes and don’t review them.

Inumerous players added feedback on the class changes when you guys released the first PTS — with very good ideas and contributions to say the least. It’s been 4 PTS cycles since then and the inital changes have not been worked on after taking such feedback.

I’ve got high hopes for next week, where player feedback will be taken into account when addressing class balancing. ‘Cause quite frankly, releasing class balance changes on the first PTS and not reviewing them after 4 PTS cycles after so much player feedback has been proposed gives the community the impression that ZoS is not listening to us - which im certain is not the case.

Hopefully you guys understand where I’m coming from.

Yeah, it really didn't make a lot of sense to put major class changes in this update and first patch and then not address any of the feedback and balance needed to build on the work. Suggesting we should have to continue to pay forward in hopes that they will balance some things at some point in the future with a patch months down the road. I hate to say it, but it feels like this patch is really the last straw for this game for me. Giving zos too much money and too many chances and still not even getting the basics close to right.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't Summerset supposed to be THE big class update ? Yet there were mostly global combat changes and now we are being told, this update is about fixing sets.

Why should we believe that the next update, which will again be said to be big on balance, will actually be as big as made out to be ? I feel like we are being taunted a bit. The fear to make changes has to go, sooner or later and better sooner than later.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what do folks think we be the new set meta? Back to Julianos for magicka DD?

I'm wondering if Master Architect + Necro (instead of Juli) might be good on my warden with the new scaling or if super low crit chance will be a DPS hit.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 14, 2018 8:37PM
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    Derp. Wish I could just delete this comment >.>
    Edited by Lord_Ninka on May 14, 2018 8:48PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask a hundred forum warriors, what is balance in ESO or what would you change to balance ESO. Get seven hundred answers mostly contradictory.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the day... after... i sell everything... to buy... a set of acuity
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    testd4n1 wrote: »
    Well BSW was in par with acuity so I guess that we will be running that instead, and for a second set we will use either Master Architect or Mantle of Siroria. So i wont call this a nerf, maybe just a lack of diversity :)

How is this lack of diversity when EVERYONE was wearing Mech Acuity? It didn't matter if they were a Stam or Mag character. Luckily all I golded out was my daggers. This set will still work rather effectively on my build, might switch one thing or leave it as is and see how it will perform.

Wait, did you just say Mechanical Acuity daggers? You really shouldn't stack crit chance with Mechanical Acuity.

And yes, making one set (out of many good options) completely useless does reduce build diversity. Acuity is a funny design, in that it really is not significantly better than other sets (especially if you are not built around it). It took a long time for it to catch on, then it became so popular that many were using it when they really would have been better off with other sets. It was overused but not overperforming.