The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new (Jewelry) Crafting Stations."

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Monetisation =/= hypermonetisation.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    You can still hire a crafter to craft the jewelry for you if you can't be bothered to buy the expansion.

Not quite sure I understand this outrage at a new feature being locked behind an expansion. What would the point of DLC and expansions be if they offer nothing for a player but new storylines? Why would anyone pay for an expansion at all if the important additions were base game additions.

Just buy the expansion. Or don't buy it and stop complaining. There is so much whining from every DLC/Expansion announcement from groups of players who probably payed 20 bucks for the game and expect to get everything handed to them for free afterwards.

Dude every single thing about the game is monetized already. Does the ****ing crafting need to be even more monetized than it already is (practically impossible if you don't have ESO+ for the crafting bag)

I'm not a "free player" or anything like that and people in this thread need to stop characterizing people who complain as such. I've bought all the content outright for over $200 at this point. Enough is enough.

200$ for a game that provides as much time sink as ESO and for a game that has been providing content for 4 years is hardly a lot of money. And that is why people are giving the people complaining a hard time. If a player had bought a brand new game each year for the last 4 years, like what is required to keep up with the Call of Duty franchise, they would have spent more than 200$. I personally have spent well over 200$ on this game in the last year and half of playing it. So what. New content is always going to come with a price (and its not like the new content is somehow shutting off access to the old content you already purchased). That is the only way the game will be able to continue. Short of them forcing everyone to pay for subscriptions again and I can only imagine how that would go now with the level of complaining from Morrowind to Summerset about paying for additional content.
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Want jewelry crafting? Buy the chapter. It's like $30.
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish the station worked more like Costumes where you just can't change dye if you don't have the ability to do it rather than yet another specific station in a specific location. Feels a bit tedious. But I'll likely get one for my house
    Options
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Apologies, I think I may have missed this but:

Does the upcoming jewellery crafting mean that jewellery can now be improved in the same way as everything else?

Cheers :)

Indeed :) You can upgrade yewelry just like weapons and armor. The golden material will probably be extremely rare and expensive at the beginning though.

I have read a couple of threads and have not seen this explicitly stated. Can you link to where the "can and can't" is spelled out to some degree?

Options
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    Meh... every crafter will buy the chapter anyway. I am also eager for the new crafted sets (if any)
    hardcore crafter = hardcore player
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully expected it.

It's the only reason i made my £20 for it. It's a cheap hobby so u sure why people get so entitled about paying to support a game.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • programcanaan
    programcanaan
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't P2W because people will just get the mats and expect any available craftsmen to do the work for them.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't P2W because people will just get the mats and expect any available craftsmen to do the work for them.
    Doesn't work on BoP gear going from purple to gold however. Although I guess you can make the argument that the golden vendor sells them so they're available in game and as such not P2W.

Not saying this is P2W.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    P2W.

I'm very disappointed.
    I hope they change their minds about this.

24 agrees....
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Too much entitlement tokers Think they deserve everything free because entitlement reasons...
    Options
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much entitlement tokers Think they deserve everything free because entitlement reasons...

What it is ok to pay for, in my opinion, is new content. Thus, eso plus, expansions... fine.

But features that change the core mechanics of the game, like jewelry crafting should be added for free, and after all everyone paid for the game to an extent. It's not like GW2 or Swtor that are fp2, and you can consider the f2p like a trial of the game, then if you want to play all classes you pay the expansion. This is a B2P game.
    Edited by Loves_guars on March 28, 2018 10:47PM
    Options
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Community: "WE DEMAND JEWELRY CRAFTING!!!"

Also Community: "MASTER CRAFTERS NEED A REASON TO EXIST!! MAKE CRAFTING GREAT AGAIN!!!"

Community when being offered these things in an expansion: "OMG PTW ZOS WE'RE SUPPOSED TO GET EVERYTHING FOR FREEEEEEE!!!!!"

Maybe relaxing a little bit until there's more information available would be a wise course of action.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throughout Tamriel, you can find new Jewelry Crafting Stations (including set stations) that allow you to create custom jewelry for the current crafted item sets, and you will be able to complete Writs and Master Writs like any other crafting Skill Line. Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new Crafting Stations.

...y'know, I wanted to stick up for ZOS. I believed this new crafting skill line would be included in the free base game update since it's such a major mechanic that everyone wanted. So to actually confirm it's restricted behind a paywall?

I mean, I personally bought the digital upgrade of course, but still. :/
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New features are usually part of expansion, so the cost is well justified.

However if the stations are only available or there is just one station, i can see big problems. These should be all around Tamriel like any other crafting locations. In fact, they should be part of each basic crafting location but only accessible for those who have bought the expansion.

Some say advantage, yes it is good value for someone who wants to buy the expansion and get the crafting, but regarding game mechanics, there are no advantage. If you need certain jewellery, you either be a good sport and buy from guild vendor or hire a crafter to do it for you.
    Edited by Tapio75 on March 28, 2018 11:08PM
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's part of a new chapter. Get the chapter and get the rewards that come with it.

Some people only want to buy the base game and expect everything to be given to them for free.

Just like other MMO's out there...new expansions have new content only available to those that buy the expansion.
    Options
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For free.

"What do you mean I ought to tip you?? They're MY mats!!!"
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Throughout Tamriel, you can find new Jewelry Crafting Stations (including set stations) that allow you to create custom jewelry for the current crafted item sets, and you will be able to complete Writs and Master Writs like any other crafting Skill Line. Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new Crafting Stations.

...y'know, I wanted to stick up for ZOS. I believed this new crafting skill line would be included in the free base game update since it's such a major mechanic that everyone wanted. So to actually confirm it's restricted behind a paywall?

I mean, I personally bought the digital upgrade of course, but still. :/

No different then Morrowind and the warden class and transmute station.

The company is a business and has to generate revenue.
    Buying the base game once a year ago doesn't entitle you to all the goodies regardless.

This is not a FREE TO PLAY game.

Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play everyday, never pay for ESO+ but I have no problem buying Summerset, in fact I got the $40 upgrade because I wanted the horse and griffon
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »
    There will definitely be an advantage now for players that own Summerset.

But here's the thing, that's the way expansions (or chapters in ESO) work in MMOs. People have been on here complaining that they have to pay extra for chapters when they are ESO+. Welp, this is what you're paying for guys!

Chapters should always come with exclusive content in my opinion. Otherwise, it doesn't justify only being able to purchase them outright rather than in the crown store.

What's the advantage? All overland and dungeon jewellery will still be available from the golden vendor. All trial jewellery will still be available from trials. You will still likely be able to trade jewellery with other players, and if not, all this means is that you won't be able to combine two 5-piece crafted sets, which will never be BiS anyway.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 28, 2018 11:30PM
    Options
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem will jewelry crafting requiring SS.

I craft dlc sets for friends all the time. I imagine I'll be doing the same with jewelry for those people who don't want to buy SS.
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTS Mechanical Acuity jewelry. 1m per.

You know they're going to make jewelry BoP. They're not going to let you sell it like that, do you see what they did with transmuting? Zenimax does not want people to have even a single way to circumvent the Summerset paywall that isn't monstrously expensive like the transmute table for a home.

I actually sincerely doubt that will be the case. In the live stream they described it as being directly comparable to existing crafting skill trees, and existing skill trees don't bind things to you when you craft them or upgrade them. I imagine crafted jewelry will be BoE just like any other crafted items, and the normal rules will apply (so, yeah, you can upgrade bound stuff, but you can't trade it or sell it).

Plus, they already are gating it off behind a Chapter; unlike the Transmute system, there's no way to participate in it without the Chapter. That's plenty of gating to drive people to make a purchase as-is. Removing the ability of people to interact with crafted/upgraded jewelry entirely without Summerset would be utterly insane, especially given how significant it'll likely be to the meta.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What it is ok to pay for, in my opinion, is new content. Thus, eso plus, expansions... fine.

But features that change the core mechanics of the game, like jewelry crafting should be added for free, and after all everyone paid for the game to an extent. It's not like GW2 or Swtor that are fp2, and you can consider the f2p like a trial of the game, then if you want to play all classes you pay the expansion. This is a B2P game.

Jewellery crafting is new content. Every MMO ever released has made new mechanics available to expansion owners only.
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In order for Zos to avoid being accused of being P2W, they need to do away with DLCs.

Put all new content in Chapters which should come out every 7 8 months.

That way ppl cannot claim P2W.
    It will be p2get the upgrade of the game
    Options
  • Dante_Zetsumei
    jaws343 wrote: »
    You can still hire a crafter to craft the jewelry for you if you can't be bothered to buy the expansion.

Not quite sure I understand this outrage at a new feature being locked behind an expansion. What would the point of DLC and expansions be if they offer nothing for a player but new storylines? Why would anyone pay for an expansion at all if the important additions were base game additions.

Just buy the expansion. Or don't buy it and stop complaining. There is so much whining from every DLC/Expansion announcement from groups of players who probably payed 20 bucks for the game and expect to get everything handed to them for free afterwards.

Not gonna argue one way or another just find it funny your telling gamers not to complain and btw i payed nothing for the game well i guess i kind of did it came with the console when eso first launched on xbox
    GT: Dante Zetsumei
    Server: Xbox One NA
    Faction: DaggerFall Covenant
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order for Zos to avoid being accused of being P2W, they need to do away with DLCs.

Put all new content in Chapters which should come out every 7 8 months.

That way ppl cannot claim P2W.
    It will be p2get the upgrade of the game

I was here for the big content drought between winter 2014 and Imperial City.

IF they released one large update a year that would probably do more harm than good.
    Edited by JD2013 on March 28, 2018 11:40PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • Klixen
    Klixen
    ✭✭✭
    I'm one of those peculiar people who will never have an ESO+ membership. Why? Because I can't afford it!

To be honest, I'm feeling quite angry and disgusted at this news. I was planning to eventually buy all the DLCs (even if it took me a very long time to save up for them). But this news has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Jewelry crafting should be part of the base game!
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    not pay to win at all ;)
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody wants "everything" for free. People are ok paying for the chapter for its content.

However, Crafting is a base game mechanic and should be part of the base game.

Also consider that this is really only going to punish people who bought the game base at launch, likely bought Morrowind already and will have to wait to buy Summerset for some reason or another.

Because after Summerset launches, it will be the "base game" just like Morrowind is now. And it will come with Jewelry crafting for people who pay whatever sale price it will be at in a few months. Only people who already put MORE money into the game than a new player will be penalized.

I've played the game since launch and I've subscribed since. I also have Morrowind and I was considering the physical CE edition. But now I'm going to wait until the patch hits the PTS.

As I said earlier, smart marketing makes you WANT to spend money. Dumb marketing makes you feel you HAVE TO.

And ESO has been very good so far at making me want to spend money, and I hope they continue on that path.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options