Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for the Major Expedition tied to Chains for a DK:

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. You're gap closing... so it's kind of wasted. I love using Chains- but I feel like a major expedition buff on that skill line is pointless.

It would be more beneficial if ZoS put Major Expedition on a skill like Wings, Stone Fist, or Molten Weapons. It would actually make more sense on Stone Fist (since you'd be able to stun a target and then run up to them) or Molten Weapons (since this applies to StamDKs and MagDKs)

It's not pointless... When you gap close someone, chances are you're still snared, get rooted at the destination or the target just has major expedition up... the Major Expedition from Chains helps you keep up with this player that is trying to kite you or escape so that you don't need to cast Chains again right away and can focus on dealing damage.
  • Duck
    Duck
    ✭✭✭
    RIP magDK. And I had just made up a character to try it again. Glad I didn't waste much time on her, now I won't feel so bad deleting her to make room for a new character to get those leveling awards that won't be retroactively awarded.
    What I lack in gameplaying ability I make up for in smack talk.
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    TheMystid wrote: »
    maboleth wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    what about using an snare or a CC before your ultimate? The soul assult snare was brutal and removed counterplay

That means wasting another slot for a cc ability, as a mag sorc. Frags no longer stun, SA will no longer stun. Besides, stamina people easily break CC in pvp. SA snare effectively countered those fast, erratic NBs.

SA was brutal mostly to those who didn't know how to counter it. It was effective most of the time, as all ultis should. (though use it wrong - near obstacle and you will be out of any ulti points with zero damage!) Reducing the snare is one thing but going from 70% to 0% is just nonsense.

Plus it was a nice rewarded ultimate, unlocked to those who actually played the game and finished the main quest.
    xaraan wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    So for PvE doesn't off balance last 4 seconds and power lash cooldown is 3 seconds, so now dragonknights get to have 2 free casts every 15-20 seconds or you can choose if you want to heavy attack

oh boi i'm gonna go grind one up right now, it's way too powerful.

Amazing what such a terrible patch Morrowind turned out to be and ruined the game in many aspects that has taken up to almost a year now to correct, and one class is still unplayable in PvE so it's not even fixed yet. It's going to take over a damn year.

Well said, whoever came up with some of the major morrowind changes should be removed from making anymore balance decisions. Game is dropping like a rock in how fun it is to play now patch after patch. Glad they are doing the outfit system because decorating homes and characters is the most enjoyable part of the game anymore.

Agree 100%. Post Morrowind this game is collapsing. Every single good change comes always with 10 bad ones.

Actually no. No matter how I oppose the Soul Assault change, the game is so much more balanced since Morrowind patch.

Better spread of CPs, better usage of traits, better usage of mundus stones, better armour balancing, better behaving of certain abused monster sets - to name a few. Some people fail to see that or are opposed to any change unless it's benefiting THEM, but that's their problem.

I am not saying nothing is "better" after Morrowind. Fine things have occurred. But you got to be blind if you don't see that ZOS has been sooo lazy in adjusting the game after the huge changes that came with that patch.
    Instead of re-balancing the game by looking at details, ZOS just chose the blanket nerf road, not to say the lets-add-op-stuff--to-force-ppl-to-buy-DLC road.
    Edited by TheMystid on January 29, 2018 2:41PM
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blockcasting is op
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What changed with the Telvanni Master Wizard Costume?
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK are apparently OP in cyrodiil, so they have to nerf them with no regard to consequences for PVE... Nothing new, PVP "balance" changes always mess up PVE..
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK are apparently OP in cyrodiil, so they have to nerf them with no regard to consequences for PVE... Nothing new, PVP "balance" changes always mess up PVE..

That’s just not true. The off balance changes are PvE related only. Everything else is a given because DK functions that way - if you change how off balance works and don’t adjust DK mechanics then this is the result. This has nothing to do with PvP whatsoever. Stop spreading false information please.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    Blockcasting is op

Snare, no regen, massive cost and the ever growing number of abilities that go through it make block too OP, pls nerf.

Shields are OP.

MagDK is underpowered in everything outside of duels. PvE got all this offbalance stuff changed against bosses. There is no change to offbalance on the PvP end.

Carebear :*
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Shinkhan
    Shinkhan
    ✭✭

Dragonknight
    • Ardent Flame
      • Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown.
      • Lava Whip: This ability and its morphs no longer have a cooldown when they can set the enemy target Off Balance. Striking a stunned or immobile enemy will always set them Off Balance.

This is a very bad attempt to balance things out.

1ST and as always : You are nerfing pve because of pve, not to mention that you made magDK useless in trials already.
    2ND : You are adressing only one "Problem" (wich i thing is a L2P issue from ppl who are crying about it) wich is the combo Fossilize + Power lash and that is not a balance.

3RD : The so called balance that you made for off balance by drasticly reducing the uptime and having the argument that off balance is more usefull (heavy attack and power lash doesnt consume the off balance) isnt the case here cause you will be able to cast only one power lash every 15sec maybe ? WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ??????

• Darknightmare641
    Darknightmare641
    Soul Shriven
    This is insane when is zenimax going to stop rewarding players that dont know how to play
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we get relentless focus to refresh when you shoot the bow? why are nightblades forced into such a clunky play when using this skill by having to double cast when coming to the end of its duration and a bow is available.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar

Aedric Spear
    Puncturing Strikes: Increased the width of the damage area of this ability and its morphs by 1 meter. It now hits targets in an 8x6 rectangle in front of you (8 meters long, 6 meters wide), previously 8x5.

I hope this change will be reverted before it goes live, the damages area is already really huge, and when you are fighting a templar you are premanantly snared an can't move at all. (the 0.5 snare immunity from shuffle is not helping). The worst is, this skill is already undodgeable It's a total disaster while snared for escaping to it, and it's even worse when fighting as medium armor build.

I rather prefer, seeing the stun back than adding larger aoe and snares to a class who don't need it.
    Edited by Wrubius_Coronaria on February 3, 2018 3:26PM
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caitsith wrote: »
    (the 0.5 snare immunity from shuffle is not helping).

0.5 sec for every part of medium weared - with 5 parts weared its 2,5 seconds immunity.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    Another one lame patch notes from devs who not playing their game XD
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC