Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Power Lash is very OP and need this nerf!

Please explain to me how power lash is "OP" in your eyes, I want to hear more.

Fight yourself good MDK and see what your death recap shows!

If I go by my death recap, sorcs need a good nerfing! lol
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please explain to me how power lash is "OP" in your eyes, I want to hear more.

Fight yourself good MDK and see what your death recap shows!

If I go by my death recap, sorcs need a good nerfing! lol

Not all Sorcs run Fury/Wrath.

Every single mag DK build PvE or PvP, HAS to run Lash.

Don't even feed this troll, dude.
    PC EU
  • the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭
    The other morph, Molten Whip needs help for sure. It simply CANNOT be sustained, and the 100 or so spell damage you can on ardent flame abilities does not even come close to making up for the horrid sustain of molten. This is both on PTS and on Live.

Maybe Molten Whip's cost could be reduced, and the damage bonus increased to ardent flame abilities? From my tests so far, it does substantially less dps, and is near impossible to sustain. With the typical Flame Lash rotation, ~40k is possible on a target dummy (even though sustain is still a bit rough). With Molten Whip, it falls down to around 36k dps, which can be blamed on the lower damage from not having power lash procs, and can also be blamed on the need to do many heavy attacks just to keep your magicka pool from running out. Molten allows abilities like burning embers, engulfing flames, standard of might to tick a bit harder with the extra spell damage, but its just not enough to even come close to being on par with flame lash.
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • Scores: vCR 127,735 | vHoF 213,293 | vAS 113,203 | vMoL 160,447 | vSO 177,706 (WR) | vHRC 154,658 | vAA 147,466 | vDSA 46k
    • Gryphon Heart / Immortal Redeemer / Tick-Tock Tormentor / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    • Flawless Conqueror x11 - All Classes Mag & Stam
    • 32k+ Achievement Points (global)
    • Former Emperor / Grand Master Crafter / Master Angler
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Everything has to benefit PVP only. PVE has suffered series of nerfs because the transition always has an inability to balance each other out. PVP has sustain complaints, damage complaints, and so much more, which directly affects pve, reducing pvp damage potential, sustain, and even the pve diversity of skill lines. Metas and crap exist because the diversity potential for skills and sets are too narrow. Not saying metas are bad, but it has a very limited range of abilities one could use and inhibits certain styles of gamplay. PVP changes keep breaking the mechanics in pve. Like the magDK, it just keeps getting more narrow every time some pvp kid whines about something. Like git gud or go home.

IF ZOS wants to adjust PVP they could just change the base stat bonuses pvp regions give... like Battle Spirit. Play the way you want. The only way to play is following a one way meta or get excluded from any pve content. I play the meta, but I don't agree with the gameplay it forces me or anyone else to play as, merely because pvp has issues.
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can they fired wrobel already?
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything has to benefit PVP only. PVE has suffered series of nerfs because the transition always has an inability to balance each other out. PVP has sustain complaints, damage complaints, and so much more, which directly affects pve, reducing pvp damage potential, sustain, and even the pve diversity of skill lines. Metas and crap exist because the diversity potential for skills and sets are too narrow. Not saying metas are bad, but it has a very limited range of abilities one could use and inhibits certain styles of gamplay. PVP changes keep breaking the mechanics in pve. Like the magDK, it just keeps getting more narrow every time some pvp kid whines about something. Like git gud or go home.

IF ZOS wants to adjust PVP they could just change the base stat bonuses pvp regions give... like Battle Spirit. Play the way you want. The only way to play is following a one way meta or get excluded from any pve content. I play the meta, but I don't agree with the gameplay it forces me or anyone else to play as, merely because pvp has issues.

Erm...you do know the changes to Flame Lash are a direct consequence of the changes to off balance, which ZOS thinks are necessary for PvE reasons? Right?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes i wonder why do i even bother hoping that you guys will ever actually make the mDK viable in end game PvE, clearly you people do not see the serious weakness this class has and you just keep adding more nerfs left and right.

I believe by deleting the class it would make everyone happy instead of false hopes and unnecessary nerfs when compared to other classes (except the warden which you seriously need to redesign).
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Erm...you do know the changes to Flame Lash are a direct consequence of the changes to off balance, which ZOS thinks are necessary for PvE reasons? Right?

True, but this is just a direct nerf to the mDK overall instead of actually sitting down and thinking about how to "balance" it. Adding a direct cooldown to flame lash makes no sense.

The mDK as an end game MELEE DD has rubbish passives to support sustain and the most expensive ultis, adding the cooldown is just making sustain even worse (battleroar + ulti nerfs mind you) will not help.

So now you have a light armoured melee class with bad sustain, expensive ultis and not enough hard hitting DOTs when compared to stamina melee. We still have flames of oblivion which will randomly target anything it decides and no control over. So yeah, if you still believe that the mDK is anywhere remotely being looked at, you are mistaken.

We have been asking for balance (not necessarily buff) the mDK for 2 years , we got nothing but nerfs and a 5% increase in damage for whip (which made no difference). While other classes got completely new and reworked skills , with some nerfs AND buffs.

There will be another 30+ page thread about this and nothing will be done as always, which makes me wonder why should i stay in this game when my 6 month beta testing class has been nerfed to the ground ever since Wrobel took over and the CP system introduced?
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys!

Loving the new patch, loving the outfit system, etc.

Biggest issue I have seen - the 'hide helmet' option has been removed from the Settings -> Gameplay options menu. This removes our ability to hide our helmets for anything except for outfits.

... So, for those of us that like our real armor and want to hide our helmet, or for those of us that wear a lot of crown-purchased costumes but dislike the helmets that come with them (which is almost 100% of the time), we can no longer hide those helmets.

Please return this option to the menu! I did not expect the outfit system to remove costuming options we already had in the game...
  • eridorr15
    eridorr15
    Not waisting my time beyond this post to try and tell you guys how to fix magicka dk. Further proof you guys don't play your own game. If you did it would be blatantly obvious that magdk needs a serious re-work, not other lazy nerfs. If these changes go live, no one will play it. It's ridiculous. Failure. Epic failure on one of the coolest classes to play in the game.

:( .....
  • eridorr15
    eridorr15
    gabriebe wrote: »
    All those MagDKs crying about getting nerfed, when MagDKs have been dominating in duels, PvE DPS, PvE tanking and PvP tanking....

what ? do you even play ESO..i seriously doubt "dominating" in a duel for anyone has much to do with the class and more so the person playing and their skill so that cannot be a generalization of the DK..also mag dks have way more sustain issues in pve thus lowering their dps overall and that's how it's BEEN. Also why shouldn't A DK dominate at tanking their kits offer way more utility and convenience.
  • eridorr15
    eridorr15
    gabriebe wrote: »
    All those MagDKs crying about getting nerfed, when MagDKs have been dominating in duels, PvE DPS, PvE tanking and PvP tanking....

LOL what..do you even play ESO ?
    pteam wrote: »
    lol did they seriously just nerf magdk? They’re literally the worst class by a long shot for pve. You will never see a magdk in a trial for sure now.

This is why this game needs separate pve and pvp balancing.

agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed seperate balancing is needed ...
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys!

Loving the new patch, loving the outfit system, etc.

Biggest issue I have seen - the 'hide helmet' option has been removed from the Settings -> Gameplay options menu. This removes our ability to hide our helmets for anything except for outfits.

... So, for those of us that like our real armor and want to hide our helmet, or for those of us that wear a lot of crown-purchased costumes but dislike the helmets that come with them (which is almost 100% of the time), we can no longer hide those helmets.

Please return this option to the menu! I did not expect the outfit system to remove costuming options we already had in the game...

I believe there's now a collectible in your hats menu to hide the helmet, as well. So "equip" that, which is actually an invisible hat, to get the intended effect. (Unless you have a polymorph, in which case... they might figure it out?)
    Edited by rhapsodious on January 23, 2018 9:06PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the_Beard wrote: »
    The other morph, Molten Whip needs help for sure. It simply CANNOT be sustained, and the 100 or so spell damage you can on ardent flame abilities does not even come close to making up for the horrid sustain of molten. This is both on PTS and on Live.

Maybe Molten Whip's cost could be reduced, and the damage bonus increased to ardent flame abilities? From my tests so far, it does substantially less dps, and is near impossible to sustain. With the typical Flame Lash rotation, ~40k is possible on a target dummy (even though sustain is still a bit rough). With Molten Whip, it falls down to around 36k dps, which can be blamed on the lower damage from not having power lash procs, and can also be blamed on the need to do many heavy attacks just to keep your magicka pool from running out. Molten allows abilities like burning embers, engulfing flames, standard of might to tick a bit harder with the extra spell damage, but its just not enough to even come close to being on par with flame lash.

You are going about this the wrong way. Power Lash "needs" to be nerfed so Molten Whip is more attractive as a morph. You need to insist Molten Whip is OP. ;)
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overall im pretty impressed with the patch notes @Wrobel.

There is only 1 thing keeping me from playing this game again, no sprint regen. As someone who plays a regen based.. 7 medium armour stamina nightblade, this particular mechanic punishes me more then anyone else in the game. I feel like i have a ball and chain around my ankles whenever i sprint. Sprinting around is suppose to be a strength for a medium build.. not a weakness. Everyone in the game refrains from sprinting and it makes the game feel clunky and not fun. Please rework no sprint regen and make sprint cost double every 3 seconds of continuous sprinting with a 3 second fall off period or something like that, nobody should be sprinting forever i get that but football players can do 2,4,6,8 second sprints with breaks between for hours without even getting tired. That is the kind of gameplay we need. Explosiveness with a quick dash to reposition.... but currently i cant even sprint for 4 seconds without loosing 5k stamina (due to regen loss)... not even mentioning the cost of sprint ontop of that. Something needs to be done wrobel, its not fair that someone with high regen should have all of it reduced to 0 for sprinting. Make sprinting and movement fun again.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault needed a snare reduction. Fair enough. But going from 70% to 0% shows a serious lack of nuance and foresight on the part of whoever made that decision. Leave a modest 30% snare. In addition to LOS, there are already plenty of other counterplay options (l2p, seriously).
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please revert snare to Soul Assault. Reduce it for 40% (for a mild 30% snare) but 70% removal is just a drastic and pointless change.

None dies of SA that easily in Vivec, yet toxic groups combining destro ultis are enormous. Destro ulti is far more toxic, zerg friendly than SA will ever be. Yet I don't and won't complain. But if you let DU to live, let SA as well. Nerf the snare, but not 70% !!!
  • Weisstag
    Weisstag
    ✭✭✭
    You know hide helmet option is still broken right ?
    Iam an EU player...so Iam pretty used to suffering
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weisstag wrote: »
    You know hide helmet option is still broken right ?

Teehee.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul Assault needed a snare reduction. Fair enough. But going from 70% to 0% shows a serious lack of nuance and foresight on the part of whoever made that decision. Leave a modest 30% snare. In addition to LOS, there are already plenty of other counterplay options (l2p, seriously).

There is one counterplay option and that is block and block is unsustainable for all builds who are not built around it.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Rjizzle09 wrote: »
    What's the point to come out with new and interesting monster sets that perform really well to only nerf them into the ground so they aren't any better than what's already available?.. This dlc just became worthless.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude I was literally thinking the same thing. It doesn't help when literally EVERY SINGLE STREAMER CAME OUT AND SAID OMG THIS IS SO OP. Of course it's gonna get nerfed with that many videos out saying the same thing. That's the only reason I wanted that dlc. Some monster sets SHPULD be better than others otherwise why farm?

Have you tested it?

It's OP.

It does nearly 2.5k DPS ... on a stam toon solo parse.

Smfh you people and your dummy parses..that means absolutely nothing in a true trial environment. It's also a single target beam that breaks...

The whole point of a DLC should be new BETTER enticing gear.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK changes makes sense, Mag DK is currently very strong in PVP, Duels and Battlegrounds!

Burning Embers, talons and start lashing!

Hardly they have seen in End Game PVE trials!

This outcry is just to pressure ZOS, Zaan set wil be majorly used by DK.

From my point of view, your entire post is irrelevant because in PvE the mDK has been brushed off and not used since Morrowind expansion.

A mDk spamming lash, talons and petrify is not a mDK.MDK is all about DOTS since the first day of eso, since CP update it has been seriously turned around and remained unchanged for 2 years now.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    People just do not learn, do they. First test the things and then comment on the changes. Not the other way around (QQ first and then test).
    ZOS also repeatedly said that they will take a look at class balance NEXT patch, not this one.

I would say: Zenimax do not learn, not players. There has been a really good, valuable and insightful feedback so far with regard to off-balance nerfs and mDK problems. All this useful feedback was not only ignored but Zenimax did the opposite thing of what people were asking for. People have full rights to be pissed right now. I don't main mDK but I know how awful these changes are for the sustain of this class in PvE. Which you can also "test" on live - just replace flame lash with molten whip and good luck with sustain that.

Sorry to say this but combat experience in this game is getting worse and worse since Morrowind and it's a common opinion. It's slow-paced, boring, unenjoyable and unsatisfying. And I don't care about their statements that "they will take a look at class balance NEXT patch" cause it will take more than 3 months from now. We can't wait that long to fix the class that will be unbearable to play. This patch does nothing but deepens the differences even more and is a proof that Zenimax completely lost its touch with the playerbase and have no idea how raids look like atm. On the other hand we can't expect them to fix things if they don't see problems that need to be fixed...

For me one thing is clear: feedback is useless and giving it people are wasting their time. It's evident Zenimax treat PTS players like free bug finders and nothing more.

My point was on the recent changes on the pts that could not have been tested yet (Obviously as PTS is still down)

I am fully aware that ZOS that a very poor job handeling balance in the game. The reason why we are in this mess in the first place is because of players QQing stuff is OP. (I am not innocent here either)

You are mistaken, the reason why we are in a mess is because they introduced the CP system "ESO 2.0" if you recall and they left so many things unchanged. They slowly started to adjust content to match and reworked skills as well as hitting certain classes without proper thinking (templar execute was never in the game till CP update if you recall). Remember how seriously stupidly the templar was in pve and pvp? How many nerfs did the mDk get in one single update? (around 12 nerfs) how the NBs were also changed radically with their ultis, passives and skills? I can go on and remind you how the stamina DKs were still dealing fire damage and how they split their CP in two trees. Or how everyone (except the mDk due to fire damage) also split between elemental defender and mighty?

How many times did ZOS changed, adjust, rework the CP system before they even increased the cap? Oh wait, we did not have a cap for a while, and you had players in cyrodiil with 800,900 and 1000CP fighting against other players with 100-300 CP.

If you consider all that and how zenimax is trying (badly i might add) to bandage the issues, obviously you will have players QQing about it, but it is not their fault. You can not seriously sit there and tell me that in any of the updates since CP was introduced back in update 6, that any skill/change/ability(CP/passive felt like the devs actually thought about it. It was rushed, untested, poorly designed and seriously faulty.

Here we are today QQing about all this because the results speak for themselves. It is not about "this is OP" or "this needs a buff", it is just the lack of the devs even trying to do something about the whole system. To me, it feels more like "just slap this change to this ability and our job is done" is what they are doing. Can you seriously say that all the devs are sitting around the table in their meeting thinking "okay let us take a look at this" or "how can we improve this"? I for one can not.

Players will always QQ about anything, small or big, but you have to admit, the state of the game is just out of control and the lack of support/dedication (at least the way i see it and feel) from Zenimax indicates that they want the easiest bandage for a massive problem, is that acceptable to you?
    Edited by ZoM_Head on January 24, 2018 6:04AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL, soul assault user tells people to l2p. You really got to love this ignorance. I know we have a tank meta, but against anything other than heavy armor/SnB and shieldstack builds, this ult was OP as ***. For any medium armor build, more often than not soul assault was just a delete button. No viable counterplay at all. Anyone who cries about this nerf has clearly never played a medium build in pvp. Can't put this any other way. Oh and yea... Nothing stops you from snaring or cc'ing someone before soul assaulting. If your a magwarden, pop SA right before your deep fissure hits. One of the most cancerous combo's in the game right there.
    Edited by Koensol on January 24, 2018 7:11AM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    DK changes makes sense, Mag DK is currently very strong in PVP, Duels and Battlegrounds!

Burning Embers, talons and start lashing!

Hardly they have seen in End Game PVE trials!

This outcry is just to pressure ZOS, Zaan set wil be majorly used by DK.

From my point of view, your entire post is irrelevant because in PvE the mDK has been brushed off and not used since Morrowind expansion.

A mDk spamming lash, talons and petrify is not a mDK.MDK is all about DOTS since the first day of eso, since CP update it has been seriously turned around and remained unchanged for 2 years now.

If MDK is all about DOTS then why do you even care about power lash nerf?

If you are not spamming then cooldown should not affect your build!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 24, 2018 7:33AM
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I can see in the stream from 20th January, that there is a sy,bol, which looks like "hide chest"
    But it is not there when I log into the PTS server... I would really love to get that feature.
    31620620li.jpg
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    "Tanking in PvE is Dead" - Part 147, the return of the deads.

2 hours latter, ppl complete vMOL HM in the PTS.

pve tanking is dying since 2014 lol.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will probably remove lash from bars in both PvE and PvP. Iam better off to just HA instead now.

Or simply move over to my Warden(s). Played around with my mag Warden yesterday. Was fun in Cyrodil even though I do not yet even have PvP gear (only 2 pieces of with crit resists) and with 7 light I felt more tanky than on my DK with 5 Heavy... funny
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To those crying about nb buffs:

Yes stamina nightblades were performing well already and perhaps they are in need of slight rebalancing.

However magicka nightblades needed this buff sorely. In 1v1 scenarios this won't change much but in openworld this is finally providing magicka nightblades with a toolkit for outnumbered gameplay. Let me explain what I mean by that. When faced with multiple attackers you either need to have access to a very quick and hard hitting burst combo (curse-endless-reach-frags) and you should also be reasonably tanky (allowing you to focus on dealing damage, besides simply playing defensively)...magblades didn't get any of that. With this change at least magblades will have access to a more reliable burst combo (before it was hard always getting the merciless proc at the right time, due to cloaking, having to use shade etc. and not being able to consistently light attack).
    And anyways magicka nightblade is an exceptionally hard class to play in cyrodiil (solo) and on PC EU there are perhaps 5 players who can pull it off solo. So this won't break cyrodiil in any event, worst case scenario: There will be some more magblade gankers or something (but stamina is better for that no matter what).
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭

This change was needed, specially since they reduced the speed penalty when casting channeled skills to 25% from 50%.

Edited by Pastas on January 24, 2018 12:00PM
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU