Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Stamden wrote: »
    Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown.

Well, here's to another 3 months of not being able to play ESO. Gotta find some way to screw over DKs every patch..

Thank god. Overperforming imho. Infinites offensive healing while enemies CC'ing infinitely. Not to mention the s***show that was happening. 5 power lashes in a row with the Zaan set was seriously cancerous.

What classes don’t have access to CC and tons of offensive heals? Infinite flamelash was clearly unintended and needed to be addressed. Everyone has access to Zaan which is over performing.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Zaan a bit nerfed, nice, it needed it, I wonder if it still be OP or not anymore now

Probably yes - it still will be OP.

The crit-proc was not a problem. The problem was damage.
    From the first PTS:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Zaan+Set
    "(2 items) When you deal Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy, a beam of fire will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 15 seconds."
    So it proced every 15 sec if you did crit dmg (50 - 60 % crit chance - and it could literary proc every 15 sec."

So from PvE perspective it was a nerf since now it can only proc every 18 sec and it has 20% chance to do so (the PvE DPS should be lower).
    - This Item Set’s proc now occurs on any Light or Heavy Attack, instead of only critical strikes with Light or Heavy Attacks, but the proc chance has been reduced to 20% from 100%.
    - Increased the cooldown of this Item Set’s proc to 18 seconds from 15 seconds.

From PvP perspective I dare to say it was a buff.
    20 % is still a good chance so it will proc quite often. What worries me is the requirement for "crit chance" is gone so you can now use this set on a heavy armour tank build... meaning that you can focus on high sustain and defence and still have a good dmg output.

I can already imagine those perma - blocking tanks in pvp with this set procing like crazy... the same problem was with "old" viper set that got nerfed to oblivion because of that...
    And keep in mind - viper was a "melee" set - it required you to be in melee range. Zaan on the other hand is a 10m range beam...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 23, 2018 3:51PM
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    I can't believe that mag Dks think it's fine to have an undodgeable super strong dot, undodgeable stunn, undodgeable powerlash, undodgeable ultimate, undodgeable gapcloser and undodgeable proc set.

PvE is different tho, I agree on the concerns from mag Dks there. The PvP complaints are hilarious tho.

Last i checked, all dots are undodgable because they are on the actual person, last i checked, nearly all the classes have access to an undodgable stun, last i checked every aoe ultimate in the game is undodgable however leap has the problem of someone moving out of the range while the DK is mid flight which leads to no damage registering which isn't something that all the other aoe ultimates have, last i checked a class doesn't have it's own proc set, i believe you are referring to skoria which can be used by ANYONE.

All dots are undodgeable? The only other undodgeable dot that comes to my mind is the Warden dot (and Soul Trap which is garbage).
    the_Beard wrote: »
    I can't believe that mag Dks think it's fine to have an undodgeable super strong dot, undodgeable stunn, undodgeable powerlash, undodgeable ultimate, undodgeable gapcloser and undodgeable proc set.

PvE is different tho, I agree on the concerns from mag Dks there. The PvP complaints are hilarious tho.

Last I checked, people rarely die from a magDK's dots. What game are you playing???

They do, they just don't see it in the recap. People who think that pressure is worth nothing in PvP live in the past.
    For the people saying that magDK excel at 1v1 duels, and deserve the cooldown to whip and it being dodgeable, you are absolutely out of your mind if you think that should be the basis for balance in this game. The dueling community makes up what percentage of this game? Go watch the legend tournaments. There's not all that many people in there compared to weekly leaderboards for pve trials. Pull your head out of the sand and realize that there are other parts of the game than just 1v1 fights.

Edit: nothing against the dueling community, but some of these comments are absurd.

If duels don't matter, what the *** are you complaining about then? That the kind of builds which are free ap for a mag Dk will survive 10 seconds longer now that Powerlash can be dodged? You also ignore the fact that mag Dk is also very strong in Battlegrounds and in smallscale groups it's not bad either. You can't have everything, no class is top tier in everything.

so much of this.

MagDK is the most ridicilous thing to face as a medium armor build.

Even magicka wardens I can deal with, but not the bloody magDks with their 10k undodgeable power lash that also heal them to full.

now pve mDks need help, no lies about that. but pvp mDk... that is a different case.

As someone that main'd a med Argonian stam DK in pvp all I can say is you might wanna try Cooking Mama, that sounds like your speed if they were that much trouble.

Im pretty sure my magDk will destroy your argonian sDk any day and any time. I can even bet my account on it.
    I can easily get ridicilous crits on my power lash, I do have proof to my claims. and what about you?

Where is your super strong argonian medium armor stamDk that magically manages to beat top dog magDks?
    I'm pretty sure you would get a lot of respect coming up with a medium armor open world build and beating a magDk.

So what stops you then?
    Why aren't you beating *** up in duel tournaments huh?

could it be... could it be that you have no idea?
    DKsUnite wrote: »

Last i checked, all dots are undodgable because they are on the actual person, last i checked, nearly all the classes have access to an undodgable stun, last i checked every aoe ultimate in the game is undodgable however leap has the problem of someone moving out of the range while the DK is mid flight which leads to no damage registering which isn't something that all the other aoe ultimates have, last i checked a class doesn't have it's own proc set, i believe you are referring to skoria which can be used by ANYONE.

All dots are undodgeable? The only other undodgeable dot that comes to my mind is the Warden dot (and Soul Trap which is garbage).

Last I checked, people rarely die from a magDK's dots. What game are you playing???

They do, they just don't see it in the recap. People who think that pressure is worth nothing in PvP live in the past.
    For the people saying that magDK excel at 1v1 duels, and deserve the cooldown to whip and it being dodgeable, you are absolutely out of your mind if you think that should be the basis for balance in this game. The dueling community makes up what percentage of this game? Go watch the legend tournaments. There's not all that many people in there compared to weekly leaderboards for pve trials. Pull your head out of the sand and realize that there are other parts of the game than just 1v1 fights.

Edit: nothing against the dueling community, but some of these comments are absurd.

If duels don't matter, what the *** are you complaining about then? That the kind of builds which are free ap for a mag Dk will survive 10 seconds longer now that Powerlash can be dodged? You also ignore the fact that mag Dk is also very strong in Battlegrounds and in smallscale groups it's not bad either. You can't have everything, no class is top tier in everything.

so much of this.

MagDK is the most ridicilous thing to face as a medium armor build.

Even magicka wardens I can deal with, but not the bloody magDks with their 10k undodgeable power lash that also heal them to full.

now pve mDks need help, no lies about that. but pvp mDk... that is a different case.

As someone that main'd a med Argonian stam DK in pvp all I can say is you might wanna try Cooking Mama, that sounds like your speed if they were that much trouble.

Im pretty sure my magDk will destroy your argonian sDk any day and any time. I can even bet my account on it.
    I can easily get ridicilous crits on my power lash, I do have proof to my claims. and what about you?

Where is your super strong argonian medium armor stamDk that magically manages to beat top dog magDks?
    I'm pretty sure you would get a lot of respect coming up with a medium armor open world build and beating a magDk.

So what stops you then?
    Why aren't you beating *** up in duel tournaments huh?

could it be... could it be that you have no idea?

LOL

Be me
    Read absurd comments from try hard
    Make joke about try hard and how Stam isn't as infantalised as he would love and he might wanna go find something else
    Try hard flips out, threatens duel talking about how nerf'd skill is ridiculously powered and he would own with just that
    Try hard fails to see his exact reasoning is why this stupid nerf got handed out in the first place
    Keep trying though

P.S. "Why aren't you beating *** up in duel tournaments huh?"

Ah gotcha, so if i was a REAL dueler i'd be In the dueling tournaments and allowed to have an opinion, that's nice

No True Scotsman
    The following is a simplified rendition of the fallacy: Person A: "No Dueler duels outside of tournaments." Person B: "But my uncle Dueler likes dueling outside of tournaments." Person A: "Ah yes, but no true Dueler duels outside of tournaments.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »

It would be great if damage wasn't the only thing classes brought to the table, but that seems to be the way of things.

Remember when NB's had meaningful off-heals with refreshing path and funnel health.
    Remember when the mitigation ultimates veil, nova, and corrosive were a thing.
    Remember when there were actually DPS's in trials that could run resto back bars because virtually all your DPS wasn't DOT's.
    Remember when all the mobs in trials wern't always CC immune and people could chain adds in for better AOE burns. Remember when deaths were a bigger deal than DPS because you had a limited number of them, your score was greatly effected by them, and most of the mechanics weren't being broken with DPS.
    Remember when the entire leaderboard for the trial of the week would fill because that many guilds were running it despite a subscription and lower game population.
    Remember when the differences between classes did not feel like they added up roughly to a few different names on DOT's.
    Remember when weapon abilities filled in for a few weaknesses in class abilities instead of class abilities adding a few nuances to a basically weapon dominated world.
    Remember a world with no cheat engine where when somebody owned you in PVP your first thought was "man, I got to figure out what he is doing" instead of "man, I know what he is running."
    Remember ultimates as a meaningful part of your PVE character build and timing them a meaningful part of trials not just a DPS skill you hit every once in a long while.

Damn, you really set me thinking about some of the epic fights back in the day. There really used to be some fun endgame stuff despite how little endgame stuff we really had to play.

I think only Pepperidge Farm remembers that far back
  • Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭
    DK with Zaan on PvP will be so OP.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    are people really complaining about soul assault? The cheesiest ability in the game with no counter play at all?

If you are passionate about this skill you are bad and should feel bad.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno did we ever fix the cross-faction queuing exploit?
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome changes!!! Gj Zenimax, really glad you listened to a lot of player feedback :)
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK changes makes sense, Mag DK is currently very strong in PVP, Duels and Battlegrounds!

Burning Embers, talons and start lashing!

Hardly they have seen in End Game PVE trials!

This outcry is just to pressure ZOS, Zaan set wil be majorly used by DK.

Power Lash is very OP and need this nerf!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 23, 2018 5:20PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    are people really complaining about soul assault? The cheesiest ability in the game with no counter play at all?

You seem passionate about not being passionate about this.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭

Please explain to me how power lash is "OP" in your eyes, I want to hear more.
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on January 23, 2018 5:24PM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fight yourself good MDK and see what your death recap shows!
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

yeah, trying to defend the 70% snare of SA is absurd. Especially considering that they reduced the speed penalty while casting channeled abilities in the previous PTS patch.
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 23, 2018 5:34PM
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it is a l2p issue if you die by a skill, it happens a lot when you play PvP.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭

What, all 10 of them in Vivec NA? On any given time, I never see more than a handful between EP, DC, and AD. And a majority of those people that are great at magDK have been playing since launch, and pvp a ton ie rank 50 players. That's like screaming every class in the game is OP, because LZH can manage 600k in VMA on every class.

Sure, the week 1-2 setup for flame lash being able to proc repeatedly was OP, and needed to be fixed. But to suggest that the current flame lash on Live server needed a nerf is ridiculous. If you take away magDK's ability to power lash, they will not get kills. When is the last time you were killed by a magDK that wasn't using power lash? A few dots that can be purged immediately, and a buggy dragon leap that can be blocked are nowhere near enough to finish an opponent off.
    Edited by the_Beard on January 23, 2018 5:40PM
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • Scores: vCR 127,735 | vHoF 213,293 | vAS 113,203 | vMoL 160,447 | vSO 177,706 (WR) | vHRC 154,658 | vAA 147,466 | vDSA 46k
    • Gryphon Heart / Immortal Redeemer / Tick-Tock Tormentor / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    • Flawless Conqueror x11 - All Classes Mag & Stam
    • 32k+ Achievement Points (global)
    • Former Emperor / Grand Master Crafter / Master Angler
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭

uhhh.. considering you can only have 5 skills on a bar, and each class has their spammable, I would expect to see it on your recap. That's like saying nerf frags cuz I see it on my recap most of the times killed by a sorc. So yea, nerf DKs /s
  • the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭

uhhh.. considering you can only have 5 skills on a bar, and each class has their spammable, I would expect to see it on your recap. That's like saying nerf frags cuz I see it on my recap most of the times killed by a sorc. So yea, nerf DKs /s

This. I see endless fury in my death recap every time I get killed by a mag sorc from within a ball group. Bird spam from wardens. Incap, killers blade, or Suprise Attack from nightblades. Biting Jabs from stamplars. Basically, every class in this game has something they can spam that does big damage. This same argument can be used for any class/setup. Its just silly to scream nerf because you occasionally see the same thing in your death recap.
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • Scores: vCR 127,735 | vHoF 213,293 | vAS 113,203 | vMoL 160,447 | vSO 177,706 (WR) | vHRC 154,658 | vAA 147,466 | vDSA 46k
    • Gryphon Heart / Immortal Redeemer / Tick-Tock Tormentor / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe it is a l2p issue if you die by a skill, it happens a lot when you play PvP.

Lo so how you die? By falling from roof?? , for you may be L2P issue but what this skill is "broken" and need this fix!

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol, power lash hit hard and with exploiters passive its utterly broken. Do not deny facts about MDK in PVP!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 23, 2018 5:55PM
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭

Lol, power lash hit hard and with exploiters passive its utterly broken. Do not deny facts about MDK in PVP!

Sorcs with their frags hit really hard, and they have range with it. Totally broken in PvP; deny you should not!
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*]Seventh Legion Brute: This Item Set’s proc now has a 2 second cooldown.
    Developer Comment:
    This set was scaling too effectively when fighting more than one opponent; the short cooldown brings the set more in line with what was originally intended.
    ]

It's nice u made a cooldown to make it less effective in 1vX situations.
    Ok, but now make bigger proc chance prease. It's not reliable with cooldown added.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorcs with their frags hit really hard, and they have range with it. Totally broken in PvP; deny you should not!

My friend,

MDK have best healing, tankiness, burst damage and good ultility,

They can stun, root or snare very easily. Healing ward + HM makes this class completely OP and very harder to fight

Their burst damage need to be reduced and ZOS is on right path!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 23, 2018 6:01PM
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert

I have been doing a lot of tinkering so far since the PTS went back up this morning with the new suggested changes currently up for testing.

So far the damage output in multiple situations where off balance maybe a factor is actually really good. Yes of course it has dropped somewhat based on the fact there is a cool down on the boss's ability to be knocked off balance but still good none the less.

However some feedback on what i have seen so far, some positive, and some suggestions from observation.

The target skeleton... I have been testing a lot on this (and real bosses of course for comparison) and can see that once off balance has disappeared, it CAN be reapplied AFTER it has run out, which is awesome especially for trash fights but this does underline a VERY important point which i am actually very happy about....this does NOT apply to bosses. Bosses have a cool down....(15-20secs, which i think is a bit high but w/e).

THIS means that a skeleton "parse" is 100% "invalid" where off balance is present because it cannot physically simulate the same status effect behavior as a boss, meaning this will somewhat "prevent" the common toxicity of "if you cannot hit bla bla deeps so you are not welcome in my friends list/trial"

There are many ways to perform on a dps character and not all of them are valid on a skeleton due to random/chance based effects, and now this further enforces it in my opinion, which is a GOOD thing!
    Rather than using it as a gauge to outcast people, you can now use it as i think it was first intended, for PRACTICE!

Now It can show a player the numbers to expect DURING off balance procs so they can see actual numbers and alter if required, BUT cannot give a full accurate reading of what YOUR dps actually is because there are variables in a fight which have elements of CHANCE.
    This makes it even easier in my opinion for people to further understand that NO parse will ever be exactly the same vs a real target because of fluctuating or chance based effects.

I see far too many players being excluded from content regardless of their capabilities because they are apparently UNDER the "requirements" (note: zos have NEVER posted a "you must have this much dps to perform" ).
    You will hear "it's all about the scoreboard" but 99% of those people have never hit the scores they are talking about and with this attitude never will. They forgot what it means to play as a team and now with these possible changes to combat they will have to understand that the "Window of opportunity" part of the fight is ACTUALLY a "THING".
    Which also leads to why i like this change. It offers a chance to use your initiative and decide when to use certain skills and WHEN to heavy attack for sustain IF required and how to change the tide of battle in your favor IF such effects happen.

This is so far in testing from my point of view a very solid alteration to off balance HOWEVER i would also like to note that i think the cool down is a little bit scatty and slightly longer than it should be... 15-20 seconds is not a clear figure you can work with because it is a little too random, also i think "A" cool-down should be KEPT but REDUCED.
    8-10 seconds mark MAXIMUM. 15 seconds is too long and doesn't really match with other cool down mechanics, it is way over double what others are. But in a nutshell a good starting point for this type of effect. A move in the right direction! :)

The mag DK by the way again in my opinion is a big plus!

1) you can whip (flame lash) something every 3 seconds (down from 5) to go off balance if immobilized meaning you don't have to wait so long from one trash mob to the next, the whip is still free if it is off balance and hits like a truck, this also alters the sustain for long fights where you don't get free whips 100% of the time (which was a little bit too strong for sure sustain wise).
    2) In pvp I know there are a lot of tears but usually they are from the people that assume they should be treated differently from the rest of the community and that their "never fail cheeses" setup should be protected.
    MOST "mag dk pvpers" out there (lets not get confused, they are generally hybrids not MAG) focus on HIGH ability to block, almost perma-block, with almost infinite magicka sustain for their cc abilities (claws and fossilize) to flat out cripple the opponents resources...THEN to add to it, their whip makes them off balance when they are stuck in claws, THEN the whip cannot be dodged AND THEN it is FREE and does MORE damage?

I am sorry to say but this was BROKEN from the start and i am glad they are offering some form of counter play to it...it is STILL high damage, it is STILL free, it is STILL supplying off balance , the cool down for that has been reduced so why cry? if you miss, just keep on with your infinite claws of death and reapply again in 3 seconds instead of 5 ...for FREE!

On that note by the way the pigeons for the warden (dive) SHOULD NOT be UN-dodge-able, that also is broken :)

Above all a positive update so far surrounding the above issues, also note however I am fully aware as should others be, that this is ALL just in "TESTING" at the moment, NOTHING is final until the day of release (and even then things can change)...people complain all the time, "why don't they test this stuff?".....what do you think the PTS is for? :)

Keep it up ZOS! and to the players, don't panic too much. The game is ever changing...if something we use a lot gets altered (good or bad), we just need to adapt to change :)

• the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭
    Healing ward + HM makes this class completely OP and very harder to fight

[Snip]. Every class in light armor using a resto has access to these skills.

[Edited to remove bait]

Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 23, 2018 6:29PM
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭

My friend,

They can stun, root or snare very easily. Healing ward + HM makes this class completely OP and very harder to fight

My buddy,

Sorcs have best mobility (of which mDKs have none), shields, sustain, ranged CC and good utility... oh and lets not forget the execute that mDK does not have.

They can stun from range, streak away, have additional shield, can exchange resource pools, have execute... this all makes the class completely OP and very harder to fight.

Their burst damage needs to be reduced...

Edited by RandomName123 on January 23, 2018 6:18PM
  • krystinathealien
    xynode wrote: »

I have been doing a lot of tinkering so far since the PTS went back up this morning with the new suggested changes currently up for testing.

So far the damage output in multiple situations where off balance maybe a factor is actually really good. Yes of course it has dropped somewhat based on the fact there is a cool down on the boss's ability to be knocked off balance but still good none the less.

However some feedback on what i have seen so far, some positive, and some suggestions from observation.

The target skeleton... I have been testing a lot on this (and real bosses of course for comparison) and can see that once off balance has disappeared, it CAN be reapplied AFTER it has run out, which is awesome especially for trash fights but this does underline a VERY important point which i am actually very happy about....this does NOT apply to bosses. Bosses have a cool down....(15-20secs, which i think is a bit high but w/e).

THIS means that a skeleton "parse" is 100% "invalid" where off balance is present because it cannot physically simulate the same status effect behavior as a boss, meaning this will somewhat "prevent" the common toxicity of "if you cannot hit bla bla deeps so you are not welcome in my friends list/trial"

There are many ways to perform on a dps character and not all of them are valid on a skeleton due to random/chance based effects, and now this further enforces it in my opinion, which is a GOOD thing!
    Rather than using it as a gauge to outcast people, you can now use it as i think it was first intended, for PRACTICE!

Now It can show a player the numbers to expect DURING off balance procs so they can see actual numbers and alter if required, BUT cannot give a full accurate reading of what YOUR dps actually is because there are variables in a fight which have elements of CHANCE.
    This makes it even easier in my opinion for people to further understand that NO parse will ever be exactly the same vs a real target because of fluctuating or chance based effects.

I see far too many players being excluded from content regardless of their capabilities because they are apparently UNDER the "requirements" (note: zos have NEVER posted a "you must have this much dps to perform" ).
    You will hear "it's all about the scoreboard" but 99% of those people have never hit the scores they are talking about and with this attitude never will. They forgot what it means to play as a team and now with these possible changes to combat they will have to understand that the "Window of opportunity" part of the fight is ACTUALLY a "THING".
    Which also leads to why i like this change. It offers a chance to use your initiative and decide when to use certain skills and WHEN to heavy attack for sustain IF required and how to change the tide of battle in your favor IF such effects happen.

This is so far in testing from my point of view a very solid alteration to off balance HOWEVER i would also like to note that i think the cool down is a little bit scatty and slightly longer than it should be... 15-20 seconds is not a clear figure you can work with because it is a little too random, also i think "A" cool-down should be KEPT but REDUCED.
    8-10 seconds mark MAXIMUM. 15 seconds is too long and doesn't really match with other cool down mechanics, it is way over double what others are. But in a nutshell a good starting point for this type of effect. A move in the right direction! :)

1) you can whip (flame lash) something every 3 seconds (down from 5) to go off balance if immobilized meaning you don't have to wait so long from one trash mob to the next, the whip is still free if it is off balance and hits like a truck, this also alters the sustain for long fights where you don't get free whips 100% of the time (which was a little bit too strong for sure sustain wise).
    2) In pvp I know there are a lot of tears but usually they are from the people that assume they should be treated differently from the rest of the community and that their "never fail cheeses" setup should be protected.
    MOST "mag dk pvpers" out there (lets not get confused, they are generally hybrids not MAG) focus on HIGH ability to block, almost perma-block, with almost infinite magicka sustain for their cc abilities (claws and fossilize) to flat out cripple the opponents resources...THEN to add to it, their whip makes them off balance when they are stuck in claws, THEN the whip cannot be dodged AND THEN it is FREE and does MORE damage?

I am sorry to say but this was BROKEN from the start and i am glad they are offering some form of counter play to it...it is STILL high damage, it is STILL free, it is STILL supplying off balance , the cool down for that has been reduced so why cry? if you miss, just keep on with your infinite claws of death and reapply again in 3 seconds instead of 5 ...for FREE!

On that note by the way the pigeons for the warden (dive) SHOULD NOT be UN-dodge-able, that also is broken :)

Above all a positive update so far surrounding the above issues, also note however I am fully aware as should others be, that this is ALL just in "TESTING" at the moment, NOTHING is final until the day of release (and even then things can change)...people complain all the time, "why don't they test this stuff?".....what do you think the PTS is for? :)

Keep it up ZOS! and to the players, don't panic too much. The game is ever changing...if something we use a lot gets altered (good or bad), we just need to adapt to change :)

Exactly this! Players are FREAKING OUT because of these changes, but they either a) don’t understand them or b) haven’t tested them. Maybe both. Especially since we all know things can (and will) change between now and the final notes released with the DLC.

And I still fully fully after with you on the cliff racer/pigeon issue.

Basically, from my pve view point, this really only affects broken infinite sustain pvpers who think it’s fair to root and whip on repeat. Now with the whip being undodgeable, it gives a little more balance in favor of non-dk players. I’m pleased with this.
    Edited by krystinathealien on January 23, 2018 6:23PM
    PSN & PC - krystinathealien
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xynode wrote: »

Always glad to see reasons for excluding players based on a test that was never accurate to begin with taken away.
    I've never believed for a second these changes were doom and gloom most of the community has been spouting.
    Maybe now actual performance in a trial can be a measuring stick, instead of cheesing a inaccurate and arbitrary test dummy.
    Here's hoping!!
    Thanks for the work put into this!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My friend,

My buddy,

Sorcs have best mobility (of which mDKs have none), shields, sustain, ranged CC and good utility... oh and lets not forget the execute that mDK does not have.

They can stun from range, streak away, have additional shield, can exchange resource pools, have execute... this all makes the class completely OP and very harder to fight.

Their burst damage needs to be reduced...

Sorc already lost their some damage and stun from frags, they are good in PVP and streak defiantly need a fix.

Mag DK need balance too and this is what ZOS doing!
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You've made power lash dodgeable. Of all the lousy things...

Really @ZOS_Wrobel?

This probably worse than the Petrify range nerf.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on January 23, 2018 6:37PM
    PC EU
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭
    You've made power lash dodgeable. Of all the lousy things...

Really @ZOS_Wrobel?

There are rumors that a Sorc got killed by it, so Wrobel had to fix it

/s (sorta)