The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Warlord and Magician CP being removed in Morrowind

• mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading all comments and thinking about things I have decided that if these changes go through without regard to the average player(those random pugs), and everyone of the average players will need to drop their already kinda low 10-15k dps by a few thousand just to sustain I will most likely stop grouping with randoms period.
    As a person who currently groups with randoms almost daily for pledges etc. on at least a few toons this will be a major determinant to my current enjoyment of this game.
    I can only hope that the middle tier players don't get hit to hard and that what we are seeing is a small part of a much larger change and not just another lazy blanket nerf.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they really need to do is make PVE content CP 600 and not CP 300 like it is now so when can we make PVE harder is the real question so I'm very open for the change when it comes it might make game play A LOT harder then it is right now since PVE is easy once you get the mechanics down even on hard mode for trials
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These changes will be an absolute disaster for pve in this game
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • GoldenLight
    GoldenLight
    ✭✭✭
    They could just work off of % for the monster's health/damage/resistance from a CP level.

For example:

600 CP player starts a group to do a dungeon; the mobs power up to 2x what they would be when a 300 CP starts a dungeon with a group and keep going from there.

Basically and example (though not sure of true stats but just for comparison)

300 CP Monster = 100K health/20K magic and physical resistance/100K magicka/100K stamina pool

450 CP Monster = 150K health/30K magic and physical resistance/150K magicka/150K stamina pool

300 CP Monster = 200K health/40K magic and physical resistance/200K magicka/200K stamina pool

Just a thought but not really sure if they have that mechanic in place.
    "Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone!"

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    If some people feel like quitting just because it will make them feel weaker well good for them but dont expect everyone to follow them. Thats like saying people quit their jobs whenever they have a setback. Sry but thats not how it works. The game survived bigger changes. It will survive now too. And out of all the changes that happened to this game, if u actually believe that it will die now with morrowind coming then man, u really dont know how many elder scrolls fanboys are out there. The casual player base will be actually bigger. Not smaller.

Usually people need to work to live, even if their job sucks or if they have setbacks.

Then they go home and play video games exactly to escape the sucky reality, the sucky job, the setbacks. They pay to escape that.

That should hint at the tiny difference, between being forced to work anyway, and having to endure the sucks with something you pay to experience a virtual, better life.

Ok then. My bad. That wasnt a good analogy. That still doesnt change my point. The game will not die. It survived launch when it was a horrible game. People wont quit because this change wont have a huge impact for most people. I mean come on now. A new class, new trial, battlegrounds and morrowind. With all that coming and you actually believe that people will quit for a nerf to sustain that wont even have an impact for most of the content. Seriously?

...Wont have a huge impact? BWAHA.

As for 'wont die', depends on how you wanna define 'dead'. A large influx of players leaving and the company never recovering is what saw the buy to play change. (I refuse to use free to play. It's not.)

No it wont have a huge impact. Casuals are not the people that do the content which requires BiS gear and groups. If you go in a random vet dungeon its not going to be the end of the world. You dont need 50k DPS to do the stupid dungeons. I do both PVE and PVP and i dont even bother to change my mundus when im doing pledges because i dont have to. Sorry to break it to you but no it wont have huge impact. The game will not die. If you feel like quitting well bye bye, we wont miss you. But dont expect the game to die with you leaving. The game survived worse. It will survive your absence too. Actually i highly doubt that you will leave anw. Trolls threatening that they will quit over the most stupid changes but never actually leaving have always been a thing. Nothing new here.

Sorry to break it to you, but if they walk into the game in the morning, start doing morrowind content and find themselves no longer being able to manage their resources for their solo builds, their going to leave rather than put in the work. Likely after finishing the solo content for their monies worth, but likely never to set foot inside the rest of it.

As most have said, the people this hurts the most are the intermediaries. Wanna know a secret? I know alot of true casuals. And y'know what? Those people are quitting far, far before they ever get to this point. I know several people who think the Dark Brotherhood bosses are extremely hard. Particulaly stamblades who the DLC looks designed for. People walk in expecting a truely casual experience and are disappointed. So honestly, the casuals are not who I'm worried about. They burn themselves out long before this.

No, who this is going to hurt is the people who -want- to get into vet content, and are not quite there yet, the vital newblood that keeps endgame communities populated. Their ability to get to that point will come to a screeching halt, and they'll stop. Eventually, the churn of this game will not be enough to sustain it, as the casuals who think the story is too hard wont buy further story content, and the endgame content, which most games come to rely on for sources of income, wont be populated enough to sustain ZOS.

The guy who sits there and hardcasts frags was going to leave anyway because he is used to a simple, one button game. The guys who want to aspire to something, will quit because now they've gone three steps back overnight, and they can allways find a new game. Your attempt to be condescending, and crush the conversation do nothing.

As far as leaving goes, depends. I log in, chat with guildies, roleplay, but around One Tamriel and Homestead I just stopped having the drive to play. So did alot of the high level raiders I used to do pledges with for funsies and profit. So. Yeah I'll still log in. I likely wont experience any of the new content. I might even watch it online.

Im not attempting to crush anything. You are the one making theories that the game will die in the patch that will bring a new class, bgs, trial and morrowind because u believe that taking away cp cost reduction is going to be the defining factor for people when they are killing zombies and mudcrubs. Because u know the overland content is so f*cking hard that unless u are cp600 and have 100 points to warlord or magician u cant complete it. And because you know everyone is playing solo in this MMO and there is no one to help people in the f*cking zones. Newsflash, none of this is happening. Not everyone has 600cp but they are still completing the quests doing world bosses vet dungeons and normal trials. Thats because that content isnt designed for cp600. You dont need to squeeze every ounce of dmg to complete that content and thats why it wont have a huge impact. Those that are bad enough that cant even kill a quest boss with 100k hp are either completely new players that will learn in time which means this change wont affect them cause they didnt even make it to lvl50 or they are just ignorant players, insulting anyone that attempts to give advices to them and refuse to learn the game because they think they are aleady good at it. Those people always existed and will always exist and this change will also not affect them because they most likely dont even know what cost reduction is in the first place and their cp allocation is all over the place.

You just dont like the game anymore, u almost quit and think that everyone else feel the same as you and u came in the forums to threaten the company that gives u the right to voice ur opinion in the forums in the first place that u will leave and the game will die with you unless a change that will potentially do more good than harm doesnt go through. Thats not how it goes, and the next time you want to make an argument and voice ur opinion and convince people why its right make sure you leave the i quit and game will die threats behind. You will never convince anyone about anything when u are making those threats cause u are just showing that u will say just about anything to make sure what u want is the thing that will happen.
    Edited by pieratsos on March 24, 2017 7:48PM
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    What they really need to do is make PVE content CP 600 and not CP 300 like it is now so when can we make PVE harder is the real question so I'm very open for the change when it comes it might make game play A LOT harder then it is right now since PVE is easy once you get the mechanics down even on hard mode for trials

You need to play with more PUGs if you think the game is easy for the average person. And if you are going to say that the average person needs to learn to play better, you don't understand what "average" means. If you would like ZOS to aim the game at the best 10% of players, and let the rest leave, feel free to try to persuade them they will make more money that way.

I actually suspect the average player will cope with this change better than the elite, because if their gear isn't that optimal already, and they have never learned to attack weave or animation cancel, and they typically don't get much resource support from teammates, they are likely to have some sustain built in. If it isn't, they can probably add it and maybe drop from 10k dps to 9.5k without noticing much difference in their play experience. I think the nerf is an attempt to bring the 40k+ dps back down into the 30s. Perhaps that will make the PvE a bit harder for you in HM trials even when you get the mechanics down, as requested.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kozai wrote: »

I actually suspect the average player will cope with this change better than the elite, because if their gear isn't that optimal already, and they have never learned to attack weave or animation cancel, and they typically don't get much resource support from teammates, they are likely to have some sustain built in. If it isn't, they can probably add it and maybe drop from 10k dps to 9.5k without noticing much difference in their play experience. I think the nerf is an attempt to bring the 40k+ dps back down into the 30s. Perhaps that will make the PvE a bit harder for you in HM trials even when you get the mechanics down, as requested.

This prety much sums up the impact of this change
    Edited by pieratsos on March 24, 2017 8:10PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If some people feel like quitting just because it will make them feel weaker well good for them but dont expect everyone to follow them. Thats like saying people quit their jobs whenever they have a setback. Sry but thats not how it works. The game survived bigger changes. It will survive now too. And out of all the changes that happened to this game, if u actually believe that it will die now with morrowind coming then man, u really dont know how many elder scrolls fanboys are out there. The casual player base will be actually bigger. Not smaller.

Usually people need to work to live, even if their job sucks or if they have setbacks.

Then they go home and play video games exactly to escape the sucky reality, the sucky job, the setbacks. They pay to escape that.

That should hint at the tiny difference, between being forced to work anyway, and having to endure the sucks with something you pay to experience a virtual, better life.

Ok then. My bad. That wasnt a good analogy. That still doesnt change my point. The game will not die. It survived launch when it was a horrible game. People wont quit because this change wont have a huge impact for most people. I mean come on now. A new class, new trial, battlegrounds and morrowind. With all that coming and you actually believe that people will quit for a nerf to sustain that wont even have an impact for most of the content. Seriously?

As for 'wont die', depends on how you wanna define 'dead'. A large influx of players leaving and the company never recovering is what saw the buy to play change. (I refuse to use free to play. It's not.)

No it wont have a huge impact. Casuals are not the people that do the content which requires BiS gear and groups. If you go in a random vet dungeon its not going to be the end of the world. You dont need 50k DPS to do the stupid dungeons. I do both PVE and PVP and i dont even bother to change my mundus when im doing pledges because i dont have to. Sorry to break it to you but no it wont have huge impact. The game will not die. If you feel like quitting well bye bye, we wont miss you. But dont expect the game to die with you leaving. The game survived worse. It will survive your absence too. Actually i highly doubt that you will leave anw. Trolls threatening that they will quit over the most stupid changes but never actually leaving have always been a thing. Nothing new here.

Sorry to break it to you, but if they walk into the game in the morning, start doing morrowind content and find themselves no longer being able to manage their resources for their solo builds, their going to leave rather than put in the work. Likely after finishing the solo content for their monies worth, but likely never to set foot inside the rest of it.

As most have said, the people this hurts the most are the intermediaries. Wanna know a secret? I know alot of true casuals. And y'know what? Those people are quitting far, far before they ever get to this point. I know several people who think the Dark Brotherhood bosses are extremely hard. Particulaly stamblades who the DLC looks designed for. People walk in expecting a truely casual experience and are disappointed. So honestly, the casuals are not who I'm worried about. They burn themselves out long before this.

No, who this is going to hurt is the people who -want- to get into vet content, and are not quite there yet, the vital newblood that keeps endgame communities populated. Their ability to get to that point will come to a screeching halt, and they'll stop. Eventually, the churn of this game will not be enough to sustain it, as the casuals who think the story is too hard wont buy further story content, and the endgame content, which most games come to rely on for sources of income, wont be populated enough to sustain ZOS.

The guy who sits there and hardcasts frags was going to leave anyway because he is used to a simple, one button game. The guys who want to aspire to something, will quit because now they've gone three steps back overnight, and they can allways find a new game. Your attempt to be condescending, and crush the conversation do nothing.

As far as leaving goes, depends. I log in, chat with guildies, roleplay, but around One Tamriel and Homestead I just stopped having the drive to play. So did alot of the high level raiders I used to do pledges with for funsies and profit. So. Yeah I'll still log in. I likely wont experience any of the new content. I might even watch it online.

Im not attempting to crush anything. You are the one making theories that the game will die in the patch that will bring a new class, bgs, trial and morrowind because u believe that taking away cp cost reduction is going to be the defining factor for people when they are killing zombies and mudcrubs. Because u know the overland content is so f*cking hard that unless u are cp600 and have 100 points to warlord or magician u cant complete it. And because you know everyone is playing solo in this MMO and there is no one to help people in the f*cking zones. Newsflash, none of this is happening. Not everyone has 600cp but they are still completing the quests doing world bosses vet dungeons and normal trials. Thats because that content isnt designed for cp600. You dont need to squeeze every ounce of dmg to complete that content and thats why it wont have a huge impact. Those that are bad enough that cant even kill a quest boss with 100k hp are either completely new players that will learn in time which means this change wont affect them cause they didnt even make it to lvl50 or they are just ignorant players, insulting anyone that attempts to give advices to them and refuse to learn the game because they think they are aleady good at it. Those people always existed and will always exist and this change will also not affect them because they most likely dont even know what cost reduction is in the first place and their cp allocation is all over the place.

You just dont like the game anymore, u almost quit and think that everyone else feel the same as you and u came in the forums to threaten the company that gives u the right to voice ur opinion in the forums in the first place that u will leave and the game will die with you unless a change that will potentially do more good than harm doesnt go through. Thats not how it goes, and the next time you want to make an argument and voice ur opinion and convince people why its right make sure you leave the i quit and game will die threats behind. You will never convince anyone about anything when u are making those threats cause u are just showing that u will say just about anything to make sure what u want is the thing that will happen.

I've never said the game will die. I've asked how you'd like to define it, personally speaking I think that this might be the -tipping- point for such things to happen.

You seem a tad incoherent, so I'll simply say this.

I talk to people who come in, reguarly. Being a RPer, we get alot of churn and thus I have a nice insight into some of the new guys who appear on the site and there is in fact a signifigant portion who PVE. I also watch zone alot, particularly in area's like glenumbra, stormhaven, opener zones. With One Tamriel, new folks keep going to their favorite zones first and so on and so fourth.

And I notice a trend. Alot of them are currently disatisfied with the way the game teaches them how to play. Which is to say it does *** all to teach them how to play. Many leave because they simply dont know how to build and dont wanna give the game money based on it being a poor teacher.

Then you have the intermediates, who are trying to build for vet content but dont know how. (I still find it unreasonable that people need to look up guides for stuff that should be in the -base game-). And the endgame players who run endgame content.

I've also talked to the people I did content with, and a similar trend is coming in there. People are not playing as much. They dont like how the balance is shaping up. They dont like what the game is becoming.

My point, as it allways has been, is that continuing to wildly change the game in drastic ways upsetting the status quoe only serves to drive veterans away from a game that is not bringing in enough new players to fill the void. This change has the potential to drive away a large swath of the playerbase, what most would term the game then "Being on life support".

You can continue to straw man, and try to shut this thread, and the people arguing on it, down for ill concieved reasons some of which may not even be true. But it's not happening. I've played this game since Tamriel Unlimited. And I have enough knowledge of it's history to tell which way the wind is blowing. A year of malcontent from the playerbase isn't sustainable. Sooner or later, something has to give. Whether or not that 'giving' is the playerbase simply leaving for greener pastures, or the game taking a different direction. But the current course of action is not sustainable.

In any case, you are a unreliable narrator. I doubt you'd ever -say- even if the world burned, that you smell smoke.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on March 24, 2017 9:54PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've never said the game will die. I've asked how you'd like to define it, personally speaking I think that this might be the -tipping- point for such things to happen.

You seem a tad incoherent, so I'll simply say this.

I talk to people who come in, reguarly. Being a RPer, we get alot of churn and thus I have a nice insight into some of the new guys who appear on the site and there is in fact a signifigant portion who PVE. I also watch zone alot, particularly in area's like glenumbra, stormhaven, opener zones. With One Tamriel, new folks keep going to their favorite zones first and so on and so fourth.

And I notice a trend. Alot of them are currently disatisfied with the way the game teaches them how to play. Which is to say it does *** all to teach them how to play. Many leave because they simply dont know how to build and dont wanna give the game money based on it being a poor teacher.

Then you have the intermediates, who are trying to build for vet content but dont know how. (I still find it unreasonable that people need to look up guides for stuff that should be in the -base game-). And the endgame players who run endgame content.

I've also talked to the people I did content with, and a similar trend is coming in there. People are not playing as much. They dont like how the balance is shaping up. They dont like what the game is becoming.

My point, as it allways has been, is that continuing to wildly change the game in drastic ways upsetting the status quoe only serves to drive veterans away from a game that is not bringing in enough new players to fill the void. This change has the potential to drive away a large swath of the playerbase, what most would term the game then "Being on life support".

You can continue to straw man, and try to shut this thread, and the people arguing on it, down for ill concieved reasons some of which may not even be true. But it's not happening. I've played this game since Tamriel Unlimited. And I have enough knowledge of it's history to tell which way the wind is blowing. A year of malcontent from the playerbase isn't sustainable. Sooner or later, something has to give. Whether or not that 'giving' is the playerbase simply leaving for greener pastures, or the game taking a different direction. But the current course of action is not sustainable.

Yes the game does not teach people how to play and how battlelevelling and scaling works. And some people quit because of that. I agree but it has nothing to do with the removal of cost reduction. The people that dont know how to play are not using the cp system to its full potential either because they dont know how or because they simply dont have enough cp This change will not affect the casuals as much as it is going to affect the elites. This is what ive been telling.
    You play this game since tamriel unlimited and you think you have experience about the history of the game? I play this game since f*cking beta. You have no idea how horrible this game once was and how many actual game breaking mechanics and bugs it had but it got through them all. Countless times people were here in the forum talking about how this or that change will be game breaking and this game wont survive for long. And here we all are talking about yet another "game breaking" change. And guess what. Its going to be the same.
    This game was designed with resource management in mind. This doesnt exist anymore. And having minor resource management issues with BiS dmg gear doesnt change that. The whole point is resource management to be a mitigating factor to ur overall performance. The fact that the BiS gear has nothing to do with managing resources means that there is no resource management. This is what this change aims to do. Bring back resource management. Do u know the possible effects of this? Lower the ceiling so the casuals can actually get into groups with elites instead of getting kicked because they cant pull 50k DPS. Make the game more skill based and more enjoyable for the casual instead of a stupid grindfest to get gear so u can run the end game content. Which is precisely the reason why casuals dont even bother with end game content in the first place. This is how the game is shaping up and u think this is bad? So explain me again why this change will be game breaking for you and the casuals and what piece of content will be impossible to do without the cost reduction that casuals may not even have now anw (bolded sentence to see why)?
  • Ma6iq Man
    Ma6iq Man
    It's not just about removal of x and y it's about the replacement of x and y with game breaking mechanics. Zapping regen (literally), killing cost reductions, and nerfing base regen too. The game is hard enough as it is, now they want to make it a light attack spamathon.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

perhaps you should inquire more about the situation rather than calling me a liar.

Did you see anywhere in there that I said I was running through cradle with that setup solo. Did you see me saying that I was soloing WGT or ICP with that setup. no. I simply generalized vet dungeons for the sake of time. Im talking about FG, BC, Sewers, an maybe one or two others. Far from the hard content for vet dungeons. Ofcourse I wont be running through the crazy stuff with that. Im just saying that you can on many of them. Throw on swoard and board and resto staff and call it a day.

It really does not bother me that you dont believe me. I could care less.

I am struggling soloing Selene's web last boss in a PvE build made for soloing and survival which lets me solo many outworld bosses. And I am playing a "OP" sorc at the moment.

I wanted to eventually post videos of me doing that, but at this point I am going to look for your slack PvP + wrong Mundus stone build video doing that!!!!
    Edited by Vahrokh on March 25, 2017 12:51AM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I think alot of people are just scared of what they dont know.

No, a lot of people had endured the foolish ZOS changes in the past and know what's going to happen.

It's always the same crap:

1) Steamrolling nerf.

2) Players revolt, quitting and so on.

3) After months to no end, next expansion, they are going to put some bandage. Then they are ready to screw up again.

And since we know, we deal with it...

... by unsubbing for 6+ months and getting back after they have bandaged some.

But hey, it's tiresome, having to quit playing a game you like for half a year, then get back when it's fixed, then quit again for more months and so on.
    Edited by Vahrokh on March 25, 2017 12:54AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could just work off of % for the monster's health/damage/resistance from a CP level.

For example:

600 CP player starts a group to do a dungeon; the mobs power up to 2x what they would be when a 300 CP starts a dungeon with a group and keep going from there.

Basically and example (though not sure of true stats but just for comparison)

300 CP Monster = 100K health/20K magic and physical resistance/100K magicka/100K stamina pool

450 CP Monster = 150K health/30K magic and physical resistance/150K magicka/150K stamina pool

300 CP Monster = 200K health/40K magic and physical resistance/200K magicka/200K stamina pool

Just a thought but not really sure if they have that mechanic in place.

Yay unimaginative damage sponges. I don't mind boss fights that take more than 20 seconds, but I hate spongy filler crap like mobs with obscene health.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP will turn into people light attacking staff/bow bc we will have no resources and then dumping our ults. Can't use skills bc poison and light attacks removing resources. Why put skill on our bars after this update might as well leave them off bc you will only be able to use them 5 times then b dry after that.

Ohhhh that's right we have proc sets to do all our damage no need for skills at all never mind remove these cp it doesn't matter anyways ESO=FPS ew
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    Kozai wrote: »

And I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. There are additional benefits too. Mana regen sets now becomes more useful. And I know that there are 'filthy casual's (myself included) who uses theses. I am sick and tired of 'So called' Pros dissing anything but the DPS BiS gears for end game.
    Edited by mewcatus on March 25, 2017 2:14AM
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    I am still having trouble getting my head around this change. First, it's been stated in different threads that currently with the CP system there is no resource management issue. Well, I know this to be false since I have resource management issues now, as do others I know in real life who also play the game. So, we know that first statement is false. It would more accurate to say "some" players do not have resource management issues. Second, if there are players who do NOT have resource management issues (and I believe this could be the case), then why institute a change that affects both them and me?

Hence, my questions are this:

1) How is it appropriate to institute a change that affects players having "the issue" as well as players who do not have "the issue"?

2) Said differently, since this is a computer game and played for fun, how is imposing that change on me going to improve my enjoyment of the game?

Would somebody who is in favor of this change please answer these two questions.
    Edited by Quigster on March 25, 2017 2:18AM
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pieratsos please... I have 420 cp and already can use cost reductions and recovery for my resources quite a lot. I dont have bis gear, far from it. The last i loged in i was slowly farming this and that. Let me tell you i will very much feel the change if it wont be accompanied by other. I do feel less compelled to try the game again after Morrowind, must admit.

"The people that dont know how to play are not using the cp system to its full potential either because they dont know how or because they simply dont have enough cp" Did you think even for a minute that its complicated to figure, if you are short on resources to invest in resource related stars? Are you mad?
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    @pieratsos please... I have 420 cp and already can use cost reductions and recovery for my resources quite a lot. I dont have bis gear, far from it. The last i loged in i was slowly farming this and that. Let me tell you i will very much feel the change if it wont be accompanied by other. I do feel less compelled to try the game again after Morrowind, must admit.

"The people that dont know how to play are not using the cp system to its full potential either because they dont know how or because they simply dont have enough cp" Did you think even for a minute that its complicated to figure, if you are short on resources to invest in resource related stars? Are you mad?

Can you even read or do u post just to say something? You even quoted it. The people that dont know how to play. If you know how to play then thats obviously not meant for you. The second part of that is meant for you. You are not cp capped so u are not using cp to its full potential. Anw for people who can figure out how scaling works, its not difficult to kill a stupid quest boss with 100k hp. And according to some people here it is that hard for some people to figure out even that simple thing and yet they are asking to balance the game around them otherwise the game wont last for long. And im the mad guy here. Lol.

As far as if u feel the change or not, no u wont feel it as much as the elite doing end game content and squeezing every ounce of dmg they can. You are not even cp capped. If u have full cp on warlord/magician then u dont have in arcanist. Just put them there next patch or tenacity and do a couple of heavy attacks every now and then. There are even viable builds that have completed every piece of content in this game that rely on heavy attacks for dmg. On top of that u will get even more CP to invest for more dmg. In fact its actually possible that u will do more dmg than u do now. Worst case scenario you will swap a glyph and lose very little dmg that doesnt even matter cause like i said most content doesnt require BiS gear and ridiculous dmg to complete. On the other hand, the cp capped elites will probably lose significantly more dmg. Which means the ceiling is lower, which means it will be easier for you as a casual to access the hardest content of the game. Do you get it now?
    Edited by pieratsos on March 25, 2017 6:00AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP will turn into people light attacking staff/bow bc we will have no resources and then dumping our ults. Can't use skills bc poison and light attacks removing resources. Why put skill on our bars after this update might as well leave them off bc you will only be able to use them 5 times then b dry after that.

Ohhhh that's right we have proc sets to do all our damage no need for skills at all never mind remove these cp it doesn't matter anyways ESO=FPS ew

And then there is azuras where people already play with no CP and do just fine. Not just without cost reduction. We are talking about how it will affect PVE here but if u actually think for a second that this change is bad for PVP then its probably because you are confused about the difference of player skill and CP carrying people. They are not the same.
    Edited by pieratsos on March 25, 2017 5:57AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

Yah, as I have stated before I am far from elite when it comes to pve. I am simply competent when it comes to the mechanics of the game. When I can walk into vet dungeons solo with my.pvp gear and breeze through content because of the ridiculousNess that is cp there is a problem. I'm talking no sustain issues what so ever without running any sustain sets. I'm talking as about vd/heavy alchemist combo with sword and board and I can just walk from PvP to pve vet dungeons and solo them. What is that??? I'm not saying everyone can do it. But it does not take more then a competent player who knows the mechanics of the combat system to have no issue.this is just one example and far from a collective sample. I understand that. I'm just pro icing one example is all.

Don't spout nonsense to prove a point. It's not necessary to make such ridiculous claims. Average players don't solo vet dungeons, especially without gearing correctly and it's no cakewalk regardless.

What nonsense???

Are you saying you don't believe me? I'm confused.

See @JinMori this is what I mean. This is the kind of comment that drivessels me crazy. It doesn't disagree with me, just seemingly says no I'm wrong and make ridiculous claims. Despite me saying I understand not everyone can do it. Despite me saying I understand this is just one instance etc. I still get this. This is what drives me crazy. It is not I understand what your saying and I disagree with you on why it should not be implemented for x reasons. No

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. You don't solo vet dungeons with ease as a "non-elite" in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. You added nothing to the conversation with your lie. Just, "the change is ok because I'm not that great and I can solo vet dungeons with ease in bad gear." No, you can't. I accept your view about the changes, you don't need to make false and grandiose claims to support this view.

far from false but okay believe what you will i cant control that.

I eagerly await your YouTube video series showcasing your non elite talents. With non elite level skill, and the wrong gear/mundus set up, you're doing what the best players cannot, and with ease! Truly inspirational, can't wait to watch.

perhaps you should inquire more about the situation rather than calling me a liar.

Did you see anywhere in there that I said I was running through cradle with that setup solo. Did you see me saying that I was soloing WGT or ICP with that setup. no. I simply generalized vet dungeons for the sake of time. Im talking about FG, BC, Sewers, an maybe one or two others. Far from the hard content for vet dungeons. Ofcourse I wont be running through the crazy stuff with that. Im just saying that you can on many of them. Throw on swoard and board and resto staff and call it a day.

So now it is my job to assume you generalized and inquire further? Sorry pal, you said soloed vet dungeons with ease in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. Now it's a handful of the easy one's and a specific setup. So am I to assume now that your overall point was that the cp change is a good thing or ok, based on the fact that a handful of easy vet dungeons are soloable by certain people using a certain setup?

no it is not your job to assume. I apologize for that. I just had my coffee haha. That is on me.

My point is that i can take a pvp setup into multiple vet dungeons and solo them and have no problem with sustain. Thus, this is simply ONE example as to why I would like to see the change instituted.

No, sorry but that's 100 % untrue, you can't solo vet dungeons with a pvp setup. It's 100 % impossible.
    To solo a dungeon you need sustained dps, not burst.
    The fact that there are some similarities doesn't make it identical.
    You need self healing in pvp, you need it for soloing dungeon, you need sustain to solo dungeons, but it's not the same as pvp, if you were to run heavy armor you wouldn't do enough damage to kill bosses, and you probably would go out of resources since you don't have as much cost reduction.

Even pvp and pve builds have many similarities.
    For example a templar run puncturing in both pvp and pve, channeled focus is used in both pvp and pve, purifing light, same story, does that make it identical? No

Yah, as I have stated before I am far from elite when it comes to pve. I am simply competent when it comes to the mechanics of the game. When I can walk into vet dungeons solo with my.pvp gear and breeze through content because of the ridiculousNess that is cp there is a problem. I'm talking no sustain issues what so ever without running any sustain sets. I'm talking as about vd/heavy alchemist combo with sword and board and I can just walk from PvP to pve vet dungeons and solo them. What is that??? I'm not saying everyone can do it. But it does not take more then a competent player who knows the mechanics of the combat system to have no issue.this is just one example and far from a collective sample. I understand that. I'm just pro icing one example is all.

Don't spout nonsense to prove a point. It's not necessary to make such ridiculous claims. Average players don't solo vet dungeons, especially without gearing correctly and it's no cakewalk regardless.

What nonsense???

See @JinMori this is what I mean. This is the kind of comment that drivessels me crazy. It doesn't disagree with me, just seemingly says no I'm wrong and make ridiculous claims. Despite me saying I understand not everyone can do it. Despite me saying I understand this is just one instance etc. I still get this. This is what drives me crazy. It is not I understand what your saying and I disagree with you on why it should not be implemented for x reasons. No

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. You don't solo vet dungeons with ease as a "non-elite" in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. You added nothing to the conversation with your lie. Just, "the change is ok because I'm not that great and I can solo vet dungeons with ease in bad gear." No, you can't. I accept your view about the changes, you don't need to make false and grandiose claims to support this view.

I eagerly await your YouTube video series showcasing your non elite talents. With non elite level skill, and the wrong gear/mundus set up, you're doing what the best players cannot, and with ease! Truly inspirational, can't wait to watch.

So now it is my job to assume you generalized and inquire further? Sorry pal, you said soloed vet dungeons with ease in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. Now it's a handful of the easy one's and a specific setup. So am I to assume now that your overall point was that the cp change is a good thing or ok, based on the fact that a handful of easy vet dungeons are soloable by certain people using a certain setup?

no it is not your job to assume. I apologize for that. I just had my coffee haha. That is on me.

My point is that i can take a pvp setup into multiple vet dungeons and solo them and have no problem with sustain. Thus, this is simply ONE example as to why I would like to see the change instituted.
    Well, okay, but don't PvP builds typically stack some sustain, since they have to be able to depend on themselves to be able to sustain their resources? Bit of a different story with PvE DPS builds.

i have soloed, numerous times for sets such as viper, the dungeons mentioned above using 5 alch/5vd/valk with 5 heavy. (usually on my mag nb so i do have SA but not always. definietly easiest on my mad blade so i typically just run that way but will switch it up). Depending on classs i get resources from different sources. repentance, SA, Dk passives, resto heavy, LA shield, maybe even swoard and board ult and then switch to resto bar if there are spells casted etc. Damage comes from many dots and valk procs. It is slow process because of lack of damage. No way I could do enough damage to get through enrage. The fights can be slow and boring, sure. The CP tree makes this possible.

the difference here folks is im not speculating on whether or not it could be done on the forums. I have done it. Zero speculation. I dont feel it necessary to proove my worth to any of you and really could care less about whether or not i am believed.

Here is my issue, rather than ask how I do it you all say it wont work. Rather than try and figure out how you can improve you hate on me for this. That is the problem I see all over the forums. People are quick to yell about something, but slow to want to learn more etc.

Yeah ... so in Fungal Grotto, the dungeon you solo farmed viper from, there is that boss who chains you down ... you know, the boss before the huge trash pull you didn't survive by yourself in your viscous death set up.

That's the problem when you brag and just say stuff, so sure that you are right, that you think it could be theoretically possible so you say it anyway even though you never did it.

You know, it's OK to have a strong belief in something. And your original point that people could L2P would alleviate most of their concerns isn't necessarily wrong. But are you so desperate about the direction of a video game you just have make ridiculous claims? Why should I or anyone trust what you have to say?

Don't even bother telling me that you got FG mixed up with something else. Do you even know the Harvester Boss in Sewers ... another dungeon you allegedly soloed ... also has an automatic shutdown on your character that you can't CC break? You think BC is easy huh? You know that boss that spawns all the Daedra and disappears and has more and more of the automatic damaging bubbles? You didn't solo her either ... because you never got past the firebreather daedroth before her.

I have done these dungeons 100s of times and I have actually tried to solo them going all the way back to September 2014, so I know what it takes ... and it isn't a PvP build with viscous death and the wrong mundas stone. It's *NOT* easy, even for someone who is very good at this game.

Now, what a good player could do is solo the "I" Dungeons, they are much more forgiving (though some of them, like the last fight in CoH, is still hard). But you didn't say that. You specifically said Vet ... numerous times.

And another thing, people who say they get "infinite sustain" simply from the champion system are wrong. If I am a healer and I do not sustain my DPS builds, they will run out of resources. Period. While it is true raid builds invest nothing in resource management and get away with it, they do so because the raid provides their sustain, more so than the CP system. When I DPS, I know exactly when the healer isn't keeping up elemental drain, it's that noticeable. I PvP on a build that literally invests nothing into resource management and it quickly runs out of resources.

I'm not saying it isn't possible to have a build that is tanky, does good damage, and has excellent reosurcee management, but this doesn't come from free or just by virtue of a few points in the champion tree. As a templar I could run the Lich, a cost reduction glyph, Channeled Focus, and Elemental drain and that will pretty much do it. But that is a significant investment: an entire 5 piece armor bonus, 1/3 of my jewelry glyphs, a weapon I dont necessarily want to us (destro staff), and 2 spots on my ability bar. Even if these changes go through, I still will be able to run the same build because a lot of this resource management comes from beyond the CP tree and thus mechanics ZoS isn't changing.

So this change won;t even put much of a dent in the very "problem" it seeks to solve and just serve to annoy players who will find their characters nerfed and their VMA runs a lot harder.

Edited by Joy_Division on March 25, 2017 6:55AM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I think alot of people are just scared of what they dont know.

No, a lot of people had endured the foolish ZOS changes in the past and know what's going to happen.

It's always the same crap:

1) Steamrolling nerf.

2) Players revolt, quitting and so on.

3) After months to no end, next expansion, they are going to put some bandage. Then they are ready to screw up again.

What nonsense???

No, sorry but that's 100 % untrue, you can't solo vet dungeons with a pvp setup. It's 100 % impossible.
    You need self healing in pvp, you need it for soloing dungeon, you need sustain to solo dungeons, but it's not the same as pvp, if you were to run heavy armor you wouldn't do enough damage to kill bosses, and you probably would go out of resources since you don't have as much cost reduction.

For example a templar run puncturing in both pvp and pve, channeled focus is used in both pvp and pve, purifing light, same story, does that make it identical? No

What nonsense???

Well, okay, but don't PvP builds typically stack some sustain, since they have to be able to depend on themselves to be able to sustain their resources? Bit of a different story with PvE DPS builds.

i have soloed, numerous times for sets such as viper, the dungeons mentioned above using 5 alch/5vd/valk with 5 heavy. (usually on my mag nb so i do have SA but not always. definietly easiest on my mad blade so i typically just run that way but will switch it up). Depending on classs i get resources from different sources. repentance, SA, Dk passives, resto heavy, LA shield, maybe even swoard and board ult and then switch to resto bar if there are spells casted etc. Damage comes from many dots and valk procs. It is slow process because of lack of damage. No way I could do enough damage to get through enrage. The fights can be slow and boring, sure. The CP tree makes this possible.

the difference here folks is im not speculating on whether or not it could be done on the forums. I have done it. Zero speculation. I dont feel it necessary to proove my worth to any of you and really could care less about whether or not i am believed.

Here is my issue, rather than ask how I do it you all say it wont work. Rather than try and figure out how you can improve you hate on me for this. That is the problem I see all over the forums. People are quick to yell about something, but slow to want to learn more etc.

Yeah ... so in Fungal Grotto, the dungeon you solo farmed viper from, there is that boss who chains you down ... you know, the boss before the huge trash pull you didn't survive by yourself in your viscous death set up.

That's the problem when you brag and just say stuff, so sure that you are right, that you think it could be theoretically possible so you say it anyway even though you never did it.

You know, it's OK to have a strong belief in something. And your original point that people could L2P would alleviate most of their concerns isn't necessarily wrong. But are you so desperate about the direction of a video game you just have make ridiculous claims? Why should I or anyone trust what you have to say?

Don't even bother telling me that you got FG mixed up with something else. Do you even know the Harvester Boss in Sewers ... another dungeon you allegedly soloed ... also has an automatic shutdown on your character that you can't CC break? You think BC is easy huh? You know that boss that spawns all the Daedra and disappears and has more and more of the automatic damaging bubbles? You didn't solo her either ... because you never got past the firebreather daedroth before her.

I have done these dungeons 100s of times and I have actually tried to solo them going all the way back to September 2014, so I know what it takes ... and it isn't a PvP build with viscous death and the wrong mundas stone. It's *NOT* easy, even for someone who is very good at this game.

Now, what a good player could do is solo the "I" Dungeons, they are much more forgiving (though some of them, like the last fight in CoH, is still hard). But you didn't say that. You specifically said Vet ... numerous times.

And another thing, people who say they get "infinite sustain" simply from the champion system are wrong. If I am a healer and I do not sustain my DPS builds, they will run out of resources. Period. While it is true raid builds invest nothing in resource management and get away with it, they do so because the raid provides their sustain, more so than the CP system. When I DPS, I know exactly when the healer isn't keeping up elemental drain, it's that noticeable. I PvP on a build that literally invests nothing into resource management and it quickly runs out of resources.

I'm not saying it isn't possible to have a build that is tanky, does good damage, and has excellent reosurcee management, but this doesn't come from free or just by virtue of a few points in the champion tree. As a templar I could run the Lich, a cost reduction glyph, Channeled Focus, and Elemental drain and that will pretty much do it. But that is a significant investment: an entire 5 piece armor bonus, 1/3 of my jewelry glyphs, a weapon I dont necessarily want to us (destro staff), and 2 spots on my ability bar. Even if these changes go through, I still will be able to run the same build because a lot of this resource management comes from beyond the CP tree and thus mechanics ZoS isn't changing.

So this change won;t even put much of a dent in the very "problem" it seeks to solve and just serve to annoy players who will find their characters nerfed and their VMA runs a lot harder.

This is when I really hate I can't mash the "Agree" and "Awesome" options a dozen times each!
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is hilarious. NB's have been asking for a buff and this is likely what we'll get. (Not a buff per se, but everyone else will be nerfed down to our level, lol.) If these changes stick, Nightblades will go from underpowered to topdog DPS in one patch. These changes won't even hurt me because I specifically chose NB for its sustain over the high, unsustainable Sorc damage.

Every sorc that barely handles sustain with the already mandatory support from its healers will be now be bottom of the barrel for DPS.
    "NB is lowest DPS. Roll a Sorc."
    *Nerfs everyone's sustain, except for the sustain-based class.*
    "Sorc has no sustain. Roll a NB."
    Well played, ZoS....

DPS, DPS, DPS, DPS

Someone needs to flip the record, I believe you are broken!

There is more to most players gaming than constantly trying to be top dog on someone's DPS meter.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is just speculation but I imagine cost reduction is being removed from CP system in order to promote using different armor types for cost reduction.

Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up buffing cost reduction passives that medium and light armor provides.

If this is the case its a really smart move. Pve wise sustain wouldn't really change as far as reducing ability costs. At the same time, in PvP it would provide more incentive to not use heavy armor.

When the masses complain on the forums ZOS listens, believe it or not. I really think this is their attempt to balance heavy armor in PvP while not making things way worse for pve.

Could be wrong though.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What nonsense???

What nonsense???

Ofcourse. Anything that requires a group to complete you can go only up to that spot. I feel that goes without saying. But when your farming for items that doesn't matter. Fg for instance. Only really have to get up to that point anyway cause boss before drops daggers. Some dungeons can be complete some are only good for farming up until said points. But why am I even able to get to that point? I should not be able to. Trash pulls no problem. Sap, path, swallow, ult. Do you find bc hard??? Fights can be long and annoying at times. But hard????
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »
    This is just speculation but I imagine cost reduction is being removed from CP system in order to promote using different armor types for cost reduction.

Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up buffing cost reduction passives that medium and light armor provides.

If this is the case its a really smart move. Pve wise sustain wouldn't really change as far as reducing ability costs. At the same time, in PvP it would provide more incentive to not use heavy armor.

When the masses complain on the forums ZOS listens, believe it or not. I really think this is their attempt to balance heavy armor in PvP while not making things way worse for pve.

Could be wrong though.

It's a smart move only if they buff those passives, making medium and light armor on par with heavy in pvp, but from what i understand they just wanna nerf sustain.
    Oh, and it would also close the gap between cp 160 and 600 cp players without nerfing the top.
    Edited by JinMori on March 25, 2017 7:09PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could be wrong though.

It's a smart move only if they buff those passives, making medium and light armor on par with heavy in pvp, but from what i understand they just wanna nerf sustain.
    Oh, and it would also close the gap between cp 160 and 600 cp players without nerfing the top.
    But thats exactly what they are tying to do. They want to nerf the top.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could be wrong though.

But thats exactly what they are tying to do. They want to nerf the top.

By removing those cp they are nerfing everyone, it's just stupid.
    They should not remove those cp.
    Also homogenization is not very clever, they should not nerf the top because of the bottom, and they should definitely not nerf every player.
    Edited by JinMori on March 25, 2017 8:36PM
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these changes happen it will be on the pts first so we can see what impact it actually does. Maybe having a high regen set with a lower damage is not a bad thing as there are complaints about how eso is so easy and there are vids of people doing solo vet group dungeons. @Deltia did vma with no cp, it was quite impressive :smile: so harder content is possible even with no cp.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    If these changes happen it will be on the pts first so we can see what impact it actually does. Maybe having a high regen set with a lower damage is not a bad thing as there are complaints about how eso is so easy and there are vids of people doing solo vet group dungeons. @Deltia did vma with no cp, it was quite impressive :smile: so harder content is possible even with no cp.

Just because streamers can do something DOESN'T justify that every person can do it

VMA to this day has a less than 1% completion on every platform so how TF do you think people who are still struggling now to do with the nerfs.

All this is doing is widening the gap between elites and people trying to play
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    ESO as a whole is only easy for a tiny portion of the playerbase. Sure, overland content is a cakewalk for most players, but if you ever try a vet DLC dungeon in a pug, you'll see firsthand that the game is not easy for everyone. It's only easy for super hardcore gamers. And the thing about hardcore players is that if the content isn't literally impossible to complete, then they'll find a way through it. Then they'll find a way to master it, and they'll play it until they can play it with their eyes closed, and then complain about how the content is too easy.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade