The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Warlord and Magician CP being removed in Morrowind

• Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -80% cost of one skill every 45 seconds? Hell no
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    The fact that zos has failed to comment in this thread shows that they're nervous and don't know what to do.

Or it shows that there is no talking to you guys when you're like this... just saying.

Have to agree to a certain degree. More constructive feedback, less aggressive arguments go a long way.
    Please don't feed the goat, kthxbai.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, and bowmanz, i perfectly understand your points, i just don't like the direction the game is taking.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhm I'm more of a casual player I guess (or just bad, I actually play all days but I can't do more than 22k dps and I really tried). I know that there are players that can do 100k dps but all my friends do even less than me. I know that we are going to do even less if they remove the sustain CPs, so I'm really worried, because I worked a lot to achieve the 22k dps and I'm already tired. I know friends that already gave up trying to understand this game dps, and I fear I will too.

Although I'd love a system where you have to THINK about resources more and less about animation canceling and getting a specific weapon or set; now I see that we are going to struggle more because those problems are not going away, is just another problem added. I wonder if Zenimax is thinking in the more normal players at all, which I guess are the majority?

22k dps is fine for vet trial -.-

22k is not nearly enough for a vet trial.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    Banana wrote: »
    If your already a bit *** at sustaining resources like me. This is going to be a good kick in the nuts.

two or three kicks, and then some. :/

Gonna have to reroll one of the two available races.

Or roll Argonian. I'm not even sure they have nuts.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    If some people feel like quitting just because it will make them feel weaker well good for them but dont expect everyone to follow them. Thats like saying people quit their jobs whenever they have a setback. Sry but thats not how it works. The game survived bigger changes. It will survive now too. And out of all the changes that happened to this game, if u actually believe that it will die now with morrowind coming then man, u really dont know how many elder scrolls fanboys are out there. The casual player base will be actually bigger. Not smaller.

Usually people need to work to live, even if their job sucks or if they have setbacks.

Then they go home and play video games exactly to escape the sucky reality, the sucky job, the setbacks. They pay to escape that.

That should hint at the tiny difference, between being forced to work anyway, and having to endure the sucks with something you pay to experience a virtual, better life.

Ok then. My bad. That wasnt a good analogy. That still doesnt change my point. The game will not die. It survived launch when it was a horrible game. People wont quit because this change wont have a huge impact for most people. I mean come on now. A new class, new trial, battlegrounds and morrowind. With all that coming and you actually believe that people will quit for a nerf to sustain that wont even have an impact for most of the content. Seriously?

...Wont have a huge impact? BWAHA.

As for 'wont die', depends on how you wanna define 'dead'. A large influx of players leaving and the company never recovering is what saw the buy to play change. (I refuse to use free to play. It's not.)

No it wont have a huge impact. Casuals are not the people that do the content which requires BiS gear and groups. If you go in a random vet dungeon its not going to be the end of the world. You dont need 50k DPS to do the stupid dungeons. I do both PVE and PVP and i dont even bother to change my mundus when im doing pledges because i dont have to. Sorry to break it to you but no it wont have huge impact. The game will not die. If you feel like quitting well bye bye, we wont miss you. But dont expect the game to die with you leaving. The game survived worse. It will survive your absence too. Actually i highly doubt that you will leave anw. Trolls threatening that they will quit over the most stupid changes but never actually leaving have always been a thing. Nothing new here.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Uhm I'm more of a casual player I guess (or just bad, I actually play all days but I can't do more than 22k dps and I really tried). I know that there are players that can do 100k dps but all my friends do even less than me. I know that we are going to do even less if they remove the sustain CPs, so I'm really worried, because I worked a lot to achieve the 22k dps and I'm already tired. I know friends that already gave up trying to understand this game dps, and I fear I will too.

Although I'd love a system where you have to THINK about resources more and less about animation canceling and getting a specific weapon or set; now I see that we are going to struggle more because those problems are not going away, is just another problem added. I wonder if Zenimax is thinking in the more normal players at all, which I guess are the majority?

22k dps is fine for vet trial -.-

22k is not nearly enough for a vet trial.

Actually, 22k is enough for most Vet Trials (Maw is the exception), but not their Hard Mode version. That needs closer to 30k dps, especially for Maw.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Quigster wrote: »
    My wife and I feel that way.

We've looked at this proposed change, and if it goes through "as is", even though we've each spent over $1000 USD on this game (Crown Store purchases and two Sub's), we'd leave the game in a heartbeat.

We play the game to relax, not to face a soul-crushing wall of disappointment when just trying to run a *** Delve. And that's what this change would do to the game. Remove the sustain.cost reduction, thus making players choose between Sustain or actually being able to do damage (which no other MMORPG on the planet makes their Players choose between...), and suddenly the Delves will attain a level of difficulty that would bring the aforementioned frustration.

We play to relax and lose our real world problems by delving into a High-Fantasy world. We do not play video games to suffer the same amount of frustration as if we had second careers.

So, as I said; if this change goes through "as is", my wife and I are gone that very day.

And judging by the attitudes in Area Chat, these Forums, and other sites such as Reddit; many, many other Players would leave as well. The VAST majority of Players in this game are the Casuals. As I've said before in this thread; those Silent Casuals aren't going to suddenly inspired to increase their play time by hours on end and grindgrindgrind for BiS gear in order to match the new difficulty and mitigate the loss of their CP stats. They will just see the game difficulty ramp up overnight, they'll see that their characters no longer works even half as well as they did the previous day, and they'll just quit for a game that doesn't arbitrarily bork their characters.

Because the vast of the Player base plays for the same casual reasons that my wife and I play: to relax and have a nice romp in a High-Fantasy world.

About the only players who are in favor of this change are; those arrogant, worthless Streamers, and the players who think they're uber-l33t and run nothing but end-game PvE/PvP content. And as has been proven many times over in the past; an MMO that specifically fine tunes itself to the <1% of l33t end-game players, is shortly after a dead MMORPG, as all the Casual players will leave for other games.

Hyper-focusing on the l33t-end-game-level-Players does not pay the bills in an MMO. Making the game as accessible as possible for everyone does.

And this change will chase away ZOS's revenue as if the Casual Gamers were fleeing the plague. It's happened many times before, it will happen here in ESO as well.

Wrobel's decision will be a cancer on this game.

This was very well said, and fits my situation perfectly.

My wife and I are casual players. We walked away from WoW (we were very hardcore there) due to game changes we vehemently disagreed with. In ESO we have a taken a much more relaxed approach and are enjoying the game even more than WoW. It helps that I have since retired and she plans to retire this year. We are both Plus members and have purchased additional crowns for additional items. Similarly our household has contributed a fairly decent sum to the development and creation of this game and it's ongoing content. When I saw these proposed changes, I thought to myself: how is this going to benefit me, improve my game play, or improve my enjoyment of the game. In short, it isn't. We both wear only crafted gear. I have 11 characters and 7 of them are vet. With my gear setups I can consistently drain my resource pool on most of my characters even with 593 CP. The first thing I put points into was cost reduction and resource recovery. These changes will force me to change some gear, or enchants, and thereby lower my DPS to keep my sustain levels where they are today. So, explain to me how lowering my DPS today is going to improve my enjoyment of the game tomorrow? If the developers think resource management is too easy, they are not looking at a broad enough sampling of the player base. And they certainly have not been watching my account.

I discussed this issue with my wife the other day. Her vote was wait and see what happens. However, if the changes are implemented and our DPS drops, then she is in favor of us cancelling our subs and moving elsewhere.

That is the issue. This game is about stack dps and nothing else matters. No detriment to stacking damage since soft caps removed. You can just stack stack stack and not worry about anything else.

Is it a problem though?
    I don't think so, without a good group you will run out of resources pretty fast, instead if you have a good group you can manage your resources, and this mean that player skills are rewarded, which is a very good thing.
    With this change build variety won't change a bit, it will just force players to use 1 or 2 cost reduction glyphs, is this a good change? No it's not. No game forces you to drop damage in favor of sustain, because it's *** stupid, forcing people to run a specific setup is stupid.
    If you have a good group you can run full damage because you have support, and it should stay like this.

Yes, it is a problem. This whole you need a group to manage resources thing is nonsense. Maybe maybe in the toughest content the game has to offer. This is hardly true for 98% of the content. And being that you have been talking about content for casuals as your basis for not wanting this change, that hard content is not even the part of your argument overall.

Additionally, you have gone on and on in multiple threads about how this will destroy the game and casuals will just quite cause managing your resources will be to hard etc etc etc. Yet, here you are saying what is it going to change besides running one or two cost reduction glyphs. Haha, how laughable. You can't have it both ways. Why don't you pick an argument and come back when you stop flip flipping.

The issue is everyone wants to be a dps and pump out all they can and not have to worry about anythingrinding else.

And no full damage is also tied to heals so you don't even need a group to support you if you don't want to. And again, you definitely don't need a group to sustain with full damage. That is exactly the issue. Cp as is allows for full damage because of the sustain in cp.

Your argument has gone from this will break the game for most to it hardly changes anything besides a couple glyphs so why do it to I want full damage because it is more fun

*slow clap*

What i meant is that it will ruin sustain for bis gear with 3 spell damage enchantments. I understood from the start that you could run some sustain glyphs to "fix" the problem, i just think it's stupid. You want to tell me that forcing people to run cost reduction glyphs is a good solution? Everyone will be pissed, they will slot a cost reduction glyph, and everything will be the same as before, Such a good fix right? No it's not.
    I think that most people can agree that it's much more fun to have more then 1 way to sustain.
    Right now you can sustain with a good group and full dps gear, or you can sustain with sustain setups, and it should stay like this.
    As i said before forcing people to run certain setups is not good, and it seems that most people agree with this.

And lastly where did i flip flop? Flip flop would be like: i'm completely for this change, and then some time later: i'm completely against this change. I never did that.

Actually yeah it is. That is the whole point of the change. Resource management to be part of ur build. Sure people will be pissed. But they will be pissed because they will feel weaker not because the change is actually bad for the game.
    And those feelings of sudden, irreversible weakness and increased difficulty will cause the casual Players to leave this game en masse.

No MMO on the planet can survive without that Casual player base.

None of them.

imo, it can be split into two groups that sustain MMOs:
    • Hardcore players who spend their money because the MMO P2W
    • Casual players who spend their money for cosmetic

ESO is not F2P + P2W, so that leaves us with casuals that spends on cosmetic. And subs.

... and Crown Crates.

And stop feeding Bowmanz, you know he's farming comments, like his other post on General. Focus on the topic and ignore him.

Far from farming comments there bud.

I have provided logical and reasoned arguments as to why I am for this change as are other people. I'm sorry if you don't agree with that. I'm not some completion ist who needs forums stars to feel worthy. They can take them away for all I care.

As for my other post that was simply a shout out that I expected to die after 200 views.

You don't have to agree with my point of view, but that does not make it any less reasonable.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and bowmanz, i perfectly understand your points, i just don't like the direction the game is taking.

Yah I'm cool with that. I don't mind people Disagreeing with me. Not everyone agrees. That's life. I just don't like people saying my points are not valid or simply trying to say I have no idea what I am talking about etc. I am passionate about this game like the rest of you is all.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If some people feel like quitting just because it will make them feel weaker well good for them but dont expect everyone to follow them. Thats like saying people quit their jobs whenever they have a setback. Sry but thats not how it works. The game survived bigger changes. It will survive now too. And out of all the changes that happened to this game, if u actually believe that it will die now with morrowind coming then man, u really dont know how many elder scrolls fanboys are out there. The casual player base will be actually bigger. Not smaller.

Usually people need to work to live, even if their job sucks or if they have setbacks.

Then they go home and play video games exactly to escape the sucky reality, the sucky job, the setbacks. They pay to escape that.

That should hint at the tiny difference, between being forced to work anyway, and having to endure the sucks with something you pay to experience a virtual, better life.

Ok then. My bad. That wasnt a good analogy. That still doesnt change my point. The game will not die. It survived launch when it was a horrible game. People wont quit because this change wont have a huge impact for most people. I mean come on now. A new class, new trial, battlegrounds and morrowind. With all that coming and you actually believe that people will quit for a nerf to sustain that wont even have an impact for most of the content. Seriously?

As for 'wont die', depends on how you wanna define 'dead'. A large influx of players leaving and the company never recovering is what saw the buy to play change. (I refuse to use free to play. It's not.)

No it wont have a huge impact. Casuals are not the people that do the content which requires BiS gear and groups. If you go in a random vet dungeon its not going to be the end of the world. You dont need 50k DPS to do the stupid dungeons. I do both PVE and PVP and i dont even bother to change my mundus when im doing pledges because i dont have to. Sorry to break it to you but no it wont have huge impact. The game will not die. If you feel like quitting well bye bye, we wont miss you. But dont expect the game to die with you leaving. The game survived worse. It will survive your absence too. Actually i highly doubt that you will leave anw. Trolls threatening that they will quit over the most stupid changes but never actually leaving have always been a thing. Nothing new here.

Yah, as I have stated before I am far from elite when it comes to pve. I am simply competent when it comes to the mechanics of the game. When I can walk into vet dungeons solo with my.pvp gear and breeze through content because of the ridiculousNess that is cp there is a problem. I'm talking no sustain issues what so ever without running any sustain sets. I'm talking as about vd/heavy alchemist combo with sword and board and I can just walk from PvP to pve vet dungeons and solo them. What is that??? I'm not saying everyone can do it. But it does not take more then a competent player who knows the mechanics of the combat system to have no issue.this is just one example and far from a collective sample. I understand that. I'm just pro icing one example is all.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yah, as I have stated before I am far from elite when it comes to pve. I am simply competent when it comes to the mechanics of the game. When I can walk into vet dungeons solo with my.pvp gear and breeze through content because of the ridiculousNess that is cp there is a problem. I'm talking no sustain issues what so ever without running any sustain sets. I'm talking as about vd/heavy alchemist combo with sword and board and I can just walk from PvP to pve vet dungeons and solo them. What is that??? I'm not saying everyone can do it. But it does not take more then a competent player who knows the mechanics of the combat system to have no issue.this is just one example and far from a collective sample. I understand that. I'm just pro icing one example is all.

Don't spout nonsense to prove a point. It's not necessary to make such ridiculous claims. Average players don't solo vet dungeons, especially without gearing correctly and it's no cakewalk regardless.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol what is ZOS doing? I don't get this...

My DK sustain already isn't great, and you're doing this. This is why I didn't preorder because is they screw this game up too bad I'm just not returning.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't spout nonsense to prove a point. It's not necessary to make such ridiculous claims. Average players don't solo vet dungeons, especially without gearing correctly and it's no cakewalk regardless.

What nonsense???

Are you saying you don't believe me? I'm confused.

See @JinMori this is what I mean. This is the kind of comment that drivessels me crazy. It doesn't disagree with me, just seemingly says no I'm wrong and make ridiculous claims. Despite me saying I understand not everyone can do it. Despite me saying I understand this is just one instance etc. I still get this. This is what drives me crazy. It is not I understand what your saying and I disagree with you on why it should not be implemented for x reasons. No
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    The fact that zos has failed to comment in this thread shows that they're nervous and don't know what to do.

Or it shows that there is no talking to you guys when you're like this... just saying.

The one dude who has talked specifics as far as how he'd reform the system got a very nice reception. The people actively trying to shut down a conversation they dont think needs to be happening, do not.

Are you honestly suprised by this?
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What nonsense???

See @JinMori this is what I mean. This is the kind of comment that drivessels me crazy. It doesn't disagree with me, just seemingly says no I'm wrong and make ridiculous claims. Despite me saying I understand not everyone can do it. Despite me saying I understand this is just one instance etc. I still get this. This is what drives me crazy. It is not I understand what your saying and I disagree with you on why it should not be implemented for x reasons. No

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. You don't solo vet dungeons with ease as a "non-elite" in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. You added nothing to the conversation with your lie. Just, "the change is ok because I'm not that great and I can solo vet dungeons with ease in bad gear." No, you can't. I accept your view about the changes, you don't need to make false and grandiose claims to support this view.
    Edited by Callous2208 on March 24, 2017 2:36PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to break it to you, but if they walk into the game in the morning, start doing morrowind content and find themselves no longer being able to manage their resources for their solo builds, their going to leave rather than put in the work. Likely after finishing the solo content for their monies worth, but likely never to set foot inside the rest of it.

As most have said, the people this hurts the most are the intermediaries. Wanna know a secret? I know alot of true casuals. And y'know what? Those people are quitting far, far before they ever get to this point. I know several people who think the Dark Brotherhood bosses are extremely hard. Particulaly stamblades who the DLC looks designed for. People walk in expecting a truely casual experience and are disappointed. So honestly, the casuals are not who I'm worried about. They burn themselves out long before this.

No, who this is going to hurt is the people who -want- to get into vet content, and are not quite there yet, the vital newblood that keeps endgame communities populated. Their ability to get to that point will come to a screeching halt, and they'll stop. Eventually, the churn of this game will not be enough to sustain it, as the casuals who think the story is too hard wont buy further story content, and the endgame content, which most games come to rely on for sources of income, wont be populated enough to sustain ZOS.

The guy who sits there and hardcasts frags was going to leave anyway because he is used to a simple, one button game. The guys who want to aspire to something, will quit because now they've gone three steps back overnight, and they can allways find a new game. Your attempt to be condescending, and crush the conversation do nothing.

As far as leaving goes, depends. I log in, chat with guildies, roleplay, but around One Tamriel and Homestead I just stopped having the drive to play. So did alot of the high level raiders I used to do pledges with for funsies and profit. So. Yeah I'll still log in. I likely wont experience any of the new content. I might even watch it online.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on March 24, 2017 2:46PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What nonsense???

@bowmanz607

If you didn't freak and start typing a response halfway through you might have actually seen he included 'what nonsense' in his post.

And the reason he calls it rediculous, if I'm not mistaken, is that a solo build can work off many things. High level raid gear only works one way. Comparing one to the other, is pointless, thus makes your points 'nonsense'. Stay on point.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on March 24, 2017 2:44PM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What nonsense???

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. You don't solo vet dungeons with ease as a "non-elite" in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. You added nothing to the conversation with your lie. Just, "the change is ok because I'm not that great and I can solo vet dungeons with ease in bad gear." No, you can't. I accept your view about the changes, you don't need to make false and grandiose claims to support this view.

far from false but okay believe what you will i cant control that.
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭

What nonsense???

Exactly. Without the correct gears, skills, Mundus Stone, maybe even food and potion vet dungeon is really hard to solo. Try doing it with random/crafted gears, you'd be surprise.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What nonsense???

@bowmanz607

If you didn't freak and start typing a response halfway through you might have actually seen he included 'what nonsense' in his post.

And the reason he calls it ridiculous, if I'm not mistaken, is that a solo build can work off many things. High level raid gear only works one way.

well my suspicions are true. he simply called me a liar in the next post.

I do owe you an apology from the other day among a couple others. I was very enraged and triggered when my elite controller bumber broke and microsoft has a crap warranty., no repair location and an inherently faulty design but their solution was to buy a new one. I was pretty salty.

I apologize for that. My overall intention (hidden behind my rage) was not to get the thread shutdown. (if that were the case i would have tagged someone). My point was the comments had become more or less the same people saying the same thing and how they would quite etc. I simply just wanted to see more than that in this discussion. I think this discussion is very important for both sides and having to start a new thread would suck. It seemed to me that was the way the thread was heading. (ofcourse i did not help this in my rage haha).

that said, that person did call me a liar. That is fine. He doesnt have to believe me. But I also dont have to like being called a liar. I am far from an elite player in pve. Im not saying Im a casual though either.

I stick behind many points and examples I have made in this thread. I do overall believe for reasons stated throughout the thread that this change is for the better of the game.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What nonsense???

I eagerly await your YouTube video series showcasing your non elite talents. With non elite level skill, and the wrong gear/mundus set up, you're doing what the best players cannot, and with ease! Truly inspirational, can't wait to watch.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What nonsense???

I eagerly await your YouTube video series showcasing your non elite talents. With non elite level skill, and the wrong gear/mundus set up, you're doing what the best players cannot, and with ease! Truly inspirational, can't wait to watch.

perhaps you should inquire more about the situation rather than calling me a liar.

Did you see anywhere in there that I said I was running through cradle with that setup solo. Did you see me saying that I was soloing WGT or ICP with that setup. no. I simply generalized vet dungeons for the sake of time. Im talking about FG, BC, Sewers, an maybe one or two others. Far from the hard content for vet dungeons. Ofcourse I wont be running through the crazy stuff with that. Im just saying that you can on many of them. Throw on swoard and board and resto staff and call it a day.

It really does not bother me that you dont believe me. I could care less.
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭

What nonsense???

I second'ed this, then we can put this behind us, and talk about the topic.
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it appears some folks are still trying to get "the other side" to understand and accept their position. My position is simple: I already have sustain issues and do not want any changes that will worsen resource management. If those changes are instituted, it will be a personal decision as to whether my frustration with the game exceeds my enjoyment of the game. When / If that happens, then it will be time to move on. I left WoW for similar reasons. Now, I don't expect ZOS to go, "Oh, Quigster left, we better change something and get him back". My decision to leave will not be because I want to hurt ZOS (my leaving will not hurt them), it will simply occur because my frustration is greater than my enjoyment. Only time will tell if that happens.
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What nonsense???

perhaps you should inquire more about the situation rather than calling me a liar.

Did you see anywhere in there that I said I was running through cradle with that setup solo. Did you see me saying that I was soloing WGT or ICP with that setup. no. I simply generalized vet dungeons for the sake of time. Im talking about FG, BC, Sewers, an maybe one or two others. Far from the hard content for vet dungeons. Ofcourse I wont be running through the crazy stuff with that. Im just saying that you can on many of them. Throw on swoard and board and resto staff and call it a day.

So now it is my job to assume you generalized and inquire further? Sorry pal, you said soloed vet dungeons with ease in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. Now it's a handful of the easy one's and a specific setup. So am I to assume now that your overall point was that the cp change is a good thing or ok, based on the fact that a handful of easy vet dungeons are soloable by certain people using a certain setup?
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think alot of people are just scared of what they dont know. Hell, we werent even supposed to know about these CP changes yet precisely because of this knee jerk overreaction by the community. The information was *leaked* i repeat: LEAKED and the community has been up in arms ever since.

If it is to address High burst damage players on endgame content: well this scares the other 98% of the population that is taking 3 hours to clear HRC and who havent trivialized Trials content. Its terrifying because they already dont feel like they have a chance, and this puts them farther away from a goal they already feel discouraged about. Ive been takinga first timers group into HRC every wednesday and seeing these guys progress makes it all worth it. they arent thinking about leaderboards or BiS - they just want the experience the accomplishment. then this bomb hits and they all feel like all this progress was for nothing.

If its to address pvp with infinite resources and unkillable tanks - well, i think this was the real aim. pvp dictating changes, of course as usual. they are trying to balance for the upcoming battlegrounds because they know that an unkillable tank/templar/sorc combo will dominate matches.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What nonsense???

So now it is my job to assume you generalized and inquire further? Sorry pal, you said soloed vet dungeons with ease in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. Now it's a handful of the easy one's and a specific setup. So am I to assume now that your overall point was that the cp change is a good thing or ok, based on the fact that a handful of easy vet dungeons are soloable by certain people using a certain setup?

no it is not your job to assume. I apologize for that. I just had my coffee haha. That is on me.

My point is that i can take a pvp setup into multiple vet dungeons and solo them and have no problem with sustain. Thus, this is simply ONE example as to why I would like to see the change instituted.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What nonsense???

no it is not your job to assume. I apologize for that. I just had my coffee haha. That is on me.

My point is that i can take a pvp setup into multiple vet dungeons and solo them and have no problem with sustain. Thus, this is simply ONE example as to why I would like to see the change instituted.

No, sorry but that's 100 % untrue, you can't solo vet dungeons with a pvp setup. It's 100 % impossible.
    To solo a dungeon you need sustained dps, not burst.
    The fact that there are some similarities doesn't make it identical.
    You need self healing in pvp, you need it for soloing dungeon, you need sustain to solo dungeons, but it's not the same as pvp, if you were to run heavy armor you wouldn't do enough damage to kill bosses, and you probably would go out of resources since you don't have as much cost reduction.

Even pvp and pve builds have many similarities.
    For example a templar run puncturing in both pvp and pve, channeled focus is used in both pvp and pve, purifing light, same story, does that make it identical? No
    Edited by JinMori on March 24, 2017 4:15PM
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What nonsense???

Well, okay, but don't PvP builds typically stack some sustain, since they have to be able to depend on themselves to be able to sustain their resources? Bit of a different story with PvE DPS builds.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What nonsense???

No, sorry but that's 100 % untrue, you can't solo vet dungeons with a pvp setup. It's 100 % impossible.
    To solo a dungeon you need sustained dps, not burst.
    The fact that there are some similarities doesn't make it identical.
    You need self healing in pvp, you need it for soloing dungeon, you need sustain to solo dungeons, but it's not the same as pvp, if you were to run heavy armor you wouldn't do enough damage to kill bosses, and you probably would go out of resources since you don't have as much cost reduction.

Even pvp and pve builds have many similarities.
    For example a templar run puncturing in both pvp and pve, channeled focus is used in both pvp and pve, purifing light, same story, does that make it identical? No

What nonsense???

Well, okay, but don't PvP builds typically stack some sustain, since they have to be able to depend on themselves to be able to sustain their resources? Bit of a different story with PvE DPS builds.

i have soloed, numerous times for sets such as viper, the dungeons mentioned above using 5 alch/5vd/valk with 5 heavy. (usually on my mag nb so i do have SA but not always. definietly easiest on my mad blade so i typically just run that way but will switch it up). Depending on classs i get resources from different sources. repentance, SA, Dk passives, resto heavy, LA shield, maybe even swoard and board ult and then switch to resto bar if there are spells casted etc. Damage comes from many dots and valk procs. It is slow process because of lack of damage. No way I could do enough damage to get through enrage. The fights can be slow and boring, sure. The CP tree makes this possible.

the difference here folks is im not speculating on whether or not it could be done on the forums. I have done it. Zero speculation. I dont feel it necessary to proove my worth to any of you and really could care less about whether or not i am believed.

Here is my issue, rather than ask how I do it you all say it wont work. Rather than try and figure out how you can improve you hate on me for this. That is the problem I see all over the forums. People are quick to yell about something, but slow to want to learn more etc.