The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Warlord and Magician CP being removed in Morrowind

• austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best solution would still be to put the damage and sustain nodes in the same colored archetype.

Removal of the entire node is too large of a step. Going from one extreme to another is always problematic.
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best solution would still be to put the damage and sustain nodes in the same colored archetype.

Removal of the entire node is too large of a step. Going from one extreme to another is always problematic.

THIS.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Whiners are always going to whine. ZOS will make the changes. The people who play the game will adapt. Whiners will find other reasons to whine.

Alternatively, said whiners will tell people who will consider whether or not to pull up stakes, which is allready happening.

The intermediate and hardcore communities are leaving. I'd like you, to tell the guy with VMA completions out the wazoo that he is a 'whiner'.

Yeah yeah we know. Everyone is leaving and the game will die. I wonder how many times this game can die.

Again, depends on how we define death.

Something like Conan unchained by all rights died -ages- ago. If the game loses enough players, it's considered dead.

Like i said in a previous post. You really dont know how many Elder Scrolls fanboys are out there. This game survived because of its name when it was actually a horrible game and should have died. In Morrowind there will be a huge influx of players. Not departure.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    br0steen wrote: »
    This is just speculation but I imagine cost reduction is being removed from CP system in order to promote using different armor types for cost reduction.

Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up buffing cost reduction passives that medium and light armor provides.

If this is the case its a really smart move. Pve wise sustain wouldn't really change as far as reducing ability costs. At the same time, in PvP it would provide more incentive to not use heavy armor.

When the masses complain on the forums ZOS listens, believe it or not. I really think this is their attempt to balance heavy armor in PvP while not making things way worse for pve.

Could be wrong though.

It's a smart move only if they buff those passives, making medium and light armor on par with heavy in pvp, but from what i understand they just wanna nerf sustain.
    Oh, and it would also close the gap between cp 160 and 600 cp players without nerfing the top.
    But thats exactly what they are tying to do. They want to nerf the top.

By removing those cp they are nerfing everyone, it's just stupid.
    They should not remove those cp.
    Also homogenization is not very clever, they should not nerf the top because of the bottom, and they should definitely not nerf every player.

The nerf doesnt hit everyone the same way. What exactly do u not understand? Do you actually believe that people need that cost reduction to do fungal grotto and banished cells? Are you for real now? Some people are not cp capped and yet they are still doing most of the content, some people do not have optimal cp allocation and yet they are still doing most of the content. The casuals do not need that cost reduction for the content they do.
    And yes they should absolutely lower the ceiling. Its kinda laughable how everyone was bitching once upon a time about how easy the PVE content was and now that ZOS makes it harder, you started bitching about content being too hard. Its the hardest content of the game. Its suppose to be hard. Mechanics were made to be faced not skipped. The game is changing every patch. Its not gonna stay the same. Either adapt to it like everyone else did and will do or just quit.

LOL you might not like that outcome with that line of thinking as when you balance the game around such a small group of elitist pricks those games have and WILL die.

We'll most definitely see I assure you

Wut? Can you even read? I said this change is a nerf to elitists not the casuals.
    This game was designed with resource management in mind. This got lost with CP and they are trying to bring it back which is good for the game in general. And you are just here bitching because 1% of the game's content will be harder to complete. How about u ask for a trial nerf instead?
    Anw bottom line is that the game changes every patch. You will not always like the changes. And if u actually believe that the game will die in morrowind then u are delusional. The game survived game breaking mechanics and bugs. It will survive now too. Either adapt like everyone else or quit. We wont miss you.

How is this only a nerf to elites? Do elaborate please, because there are plenty of players who are CP 600 who cannot access and complete vet content with BiS gear and good rotations.

All this does is limit their capabilities while barely touching end game elites and just widen the skill gap and further narrow completing content to the very few guilds capable of doing it.

If YOU had read my previous posts I already said that vet content should be addressed to compensate for this blanket nerf to everyone. As even if not everyone has 600 cp they STILL have CP and utilize these trees. It's NOT ELITE specific buddy.

obviously the game changes, that doesn't mean we have to sit here quietly because you don't like it us talking about it, sorry to break it to you but people have a right to an opinion in 2017.

And then there are those people that are not cp capped or have 100 points into warlord/magician and do vet content just fine.vMA is considered a very hard content by most people and yet its doable even with 0 CP. Let that sink in before you run ur mouth about how u need 600CP to complete vet content. Vet content isnt just vMOL. Your issue is just with vet trials. Nothing else. Cause nothing else requires BiS gear. Like i said ask for a nerf to trials. This change is good for the game. And if u cant understand how this change directly hits the elites and not the casuals then i really dont know what to say to you. Casuals do not run vet trials. Casuals may not be cp capped. Casuals may not have the perfect cp allocation. They do both PVE and PVP and they dont bother to switch their CP every time they want to do PVE because they dont have to. That cost reduction is not needed for pledges and normal trials which is what casuals actually do. Casuals may not have BiS gear and perfect rotation which means they still have room for improvement. If casuals want to do vet trials they find it hard cause elite guilds wont invite them since they cant push 50k DPS or they dont meet any other ridiculous requirments they have. On the other hand, elites have BiS gear and perfect rotation. They dont actually have room for improvement and therefore this can actually be a big nerf of them. Which means the ceiling goes down. Which means their requirments to get in their groups and guilds are also going down. Which means it will be easier for the casual to get in guild like that and complete vet trials if they want to. Which means future end game content will also be adjusted too and easier for the casual to complete.
    Your issue is that you find it hard to do veteran trials. The problem with ur approach tho is that u are not asking for an adjustment to the specific content and instead u just want to be stronger and therefore affecting everything else in the game too without even realizing that this change is actually good for the game. Ask for the trials to be adjusted if u find them too hard. Im sure plenty will agree with you.
    This is just speculation but I imagine cost reduction is being removed from CP system in order to promote using different armor types for cost reduction.

Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up buffing cost reduction passives that medium and light armor provides.

If this is the case its a really smart move. Pve wise sustain wouldn't really change as far as reducing ability costs. At the same time, in PvP it would provide more incentive to not use heavy armor.

When the masses complain on the forums ZOS listens, believe it or not. I really think this is their attempt to balance heavy armor in PvP while not making things way worse for pve.

Could be wrong though.

It's a smart move only if they buff those passives, making medium and light armor on par with heavy in pvp, but from what i understand they just wanna nerf sustain.
    Oh, and it would also close the gap between cp 160 and 600 cp players without nerfing the top.

Also homogenization is not very clever, they should not nerf the top because of the bottom, and they should definitely not nerf every player.

The nerf doesnt hit everyone the same way. What exactly do u not understand? Do you actually believe that people need that cost reduction to do fungal grotto and banished cells? Are you for real now? Some people are not cp capped and yet they are still doing most of the content, some people do not have optimal cp allocation and yet they are still doing most of the content. The casuals do not need that cost reduction for the content they do.
    And yes they should absolutely lower the ceiling. Its kinda laughable how everyone was bitching once upon a time about how easy the PVE content was and now that ZOS makes it harder, you started bitching about content being too hard. Its the hardest content of the game. Its suppose to be hard. Mechanics were made to be faced not skipped. The game is changing every patch. Its not gonna stay the same. Either adapt to it like everyone else did and will do or just quit.

LOL you might not like that outcome with that line of thinking as when you balance the game around such a small group of elitist pricks those games have and WILL die.

Wut? Can you even read? I said this change is a nerf to elitists not the casuals.
    This game was designed with resource management in mind. This got lost with CP and they are trying to bring it back which is good for the game in general. And you are just here bitching because 1% of the game's content will be harder to complete. How about u ask for a trial nerf instead?
    Anw bottom line is that the game changes every patch. You will not always like the changes. And if u actually believe that the game will die in morrowind then u are delusional. The game survived game breaking mechanics and bugs. It will survive now too. Either adapt like everyone else or quit. We wont miss you.

Elitests? You mean the people with the best group support in the game? Do you even do trials? Holy hell lol. Yeah cuz this totally wont punish groups that cant get healers to throw shards and will totslly nerf high support groups.

Yes those people. You know those that squeeze every ounce of performace out of their builds and they are playing their builds to the limits. You know those with the perfect CP allocation etc. Thats where it is going to hit. Any kind of nerf on something that cant get better its obvious that its going to make it worse. And when im saying hit it doesnt mean its gonna break the game. Learn the difference. A casual that doesnt even have 100 points into warlord or magician in the first place or doesnt have BiS gear or doesnt run the content that actually requires all that wont feel as much the change. They have room for improvement either with getting more CP, making a better allocation or get better gear and a better rotation ( assuming they want to run vTrials). Do u get it now or want me to explain it again?

All these exp bonuses and ou don't think anyone will have 300+ cp? I'm on ps4 na and I only very seldom see low cp players. Also, I doubt people are mad purely because they're lowering the floor, I think peoplr are mad becuse of the type of decision zos is making in the first place. It's a very lazy approach and if they start doing this kind of crap, well then you can start expecting something equally *** next quarter. Many of the people that actually did quit eso quit because they saw this comming. Other's held on a little longer.

Tl;dr

Zos mentality already made loads of people bail pre1tam. If zos is going tk go through with this I don't doubt many will quit, because these changes will keep happening.

I'm all for balance changes, but these lazy blanket nerfs warrant customer feedback.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I can add to this is since beta they've been nerf batting this game, resetting skill points, and making previous builds useless on our characters for years now, and I'm sick of it. I burned out on this game a year and a half ago and left because I was sick of this kind of thing. I returned with the Homestead update and just got back into things, and now I'm finding out they are still doing this kind of crap.

STOP NERFING PVE FOR PVP! OMG JUST STOP!
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could be wrong though.

How is this only a nerf to elites? Do elaborate please, because there are plenty of players who are CP 600 who cannot access and complete vet content with BiS gear and good rotations.

All this does is limit their capabilities while barely touching end game elites and just widen the skill gap and further narrow completing content to the very few guilds capable of doing it.

If YOU had read my previous posts I already said that vet content should be addressed to compensate for this blanket nerf to everyone. As even if not everyone has 600 cp they STILL have CP and utilize these trees. It's NOT ELITE specific buddy.

obviously the game changes, that doesn't mean we have to sit here quietly because you don't like it us talking about it, sorry to break it to you but people have a right to an opinion in 2017.

And then there are those people that are not cp capped or have 100 points into warlord/magician and do vet content just fine.vMA is considered a very hard content by most people and yet its doable even with 0 CP. Let that sink in before you run ur mouth about how u need 600CP to complete vet content. Vet content isnt just vMOL. Your issue is just with vet trials. Nothing else. Cause nothing else requires BiS gear. Like i said ask for a nerf to trials. This change is good for the game. And if u cant understand how this change directly hits the elites and not the casuals then i really dont know what to say to you. Casuals do not run vet trials. Casuals may not be cp capped. Casuals may not have the perfect cp allocation. They do both PVE and PVP and they dont bother to switch their CP every time they want to do PVE because they dont have to. That cost reduction is not needed for pledges and normal trials which is what casuals actually do. Casuals may not have BiS gear and perfect rotation which means they still have room for improvement. If casuals want to do vet trials they find it hard cause elite guilds wont invite them since they cant push 50k DPS or they dont meet any other ridiculous requirments they have. On the other hand, elites have BiS gear and perfect rotation. They dont actually have room for improvement and therefore this can actually be a big nerf of them. Which means the ceiling goes down. Which means their requirments to get in their groups and guilds are also going down. Which means it will be easier for the casual to get in guild like that and complete vet trials if they want to. Which means future end game content will also be adjusted too and easier for the casual to complete.
    Your issue is that you find it hard to do veteran trials. The problem with ur approach tho is that u are not asking for an adjustment to the specific content and instead u just want to be stronger and therefore affecting everything else in the game too without even realizing that this change is actually good for the game. Ask for the trials to be adjusted if u find them too hard. Im sure plenty will agree with you.

Could be wrong though.

Elitests? You mean the people with the best group support in the game? Do you even do trials? Holy hell lol. Yeah cuz this totally wont punish groups that cant get healers to throw shards and will totslly nerf high support groups.

Yes those people. You know those that squeeze every ounce of performace out of their builds and they are playing their builds to the limits. You know those with the perfect CP allocation etc. Thats where it is going to hit. Any kind of nerf on something that cant get better its obvious that its going to make it worse. And when im saying hit it doesnt mean its gonna break the game. Learn the difference. A casual that doesnt even have 100 points into warlord or magician in the first place or doesnt have BiS gear or doesnt run the content that actually requires all that wont feel as much the change. They have room for improvement either with getting more CP, making a better allocation or get better gear and a better rotation ( assuming they want to run vTrials). Do u get it now or want me to explain it again?

All these exp bonuses and ou don't think anyone will have 300+ cp? I'm on ps4 na and I only very seldom see low cp players. Also, I doubt people are mad purely because they're lowering the floor, I think peoplr are mad becuse of the type of decision zos is making in the first place. It's a very lazy approach and if they start doing this kind of crap, well then you can start expecting something equally *** next quarter. Many of the people that actually did quit eso quit because they saw this comming. Other's held on a little longer.

Tl;dr

Zos mentality already made loads of people bail pre1tam. If zos is going tk go through with this I don't doubt many will quit, because these changes will keep happening.

I'm all for balance changes, but these lazy blanket nerfs warrant customer feedback.

What are you even talking about xp bonuses and crap. 300 CP doesnt get u the most out of the CP. Stop this nonsense trying to equate 300 CP with 600 CP. You have no idea about what u are talking about. The difference is huge.

This type of decision aims to bring back resource management. A mechanic that was suppose to be a mitigating factor when u make builds preventing u from going all out dmg and ending with the crap we have now. This change aims to make the game more skill based. Learn the difference between lazy approach and good change. Making the game more skill based instead of button smashing isnt a lazy approach. Its a good change. Yes of course people are mad because of this decision. Its obvious that they dont want to see their crutches taken away from them and instead they will actually have to put some effort when fighting. They'll get over it. Keep talking about people leaving and the game dying.
    Ill just grab some pop corn on june 6 and laugh watching how "dead" the game is. And when everyone adapts to the change and realise that the sky isnt falling ill wait to see the next i quit and the game will die threads for the next patch.

Edited by pieratsos on March 28, 2017 2:12AM
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vma and solo ic world bosses gonna be more challenging after this.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    If these changes happen it will be on the pts first so we can see what impact it actually does. Maybe having a high regen set with a lower damage is not a bad thing as there are complaints about how eso is so easy and there are vids of people doing solo vet group dungeons. @Deltia did vma with no cp, it was quite impressive :smile: so harder content is possible even with no cp.
    ESO as a whole is only easy for a tiny portion of the playerbase. Sure, overland content is a cakewalk for most players, but if you ever try a vet DLC dungeon in a pug, you'll see firsthand that the game is not easy for everyone. It's only easy for super hardcore gamers. And the thing about hardcore players is that if the content isn't literally impossible to complete, then they'll find a way through it. Then they'll find a way to master it, and they'll play it until they can play it with their eyes closed, and then complain about how the content is too easy.

This. "ESO is only easy for a small percentage of the playerbase".

Not everyone is Deltia. Accept it. And stop trying to force us to become deltia, or leave.

Your issue is that u dont have a PVE guild to get in good groups to complete that content. Not that the content is too hard to complete. Thats not how it goes mate. They cant nerf every single piece of content in this game or buff everyone just because you cant get into good groups to complete dungeons. And the whole reason why it is so hard for you to get into such groups in the first place is because the difference between casuals and elites is huge. And one of the reasons for that is resource management being non existent in this game. If resource management was actually a mitigating factor to player performance, the ceiling would be lower and that content wouldnt be as hard. You should as a casual want this change to go through cause it actually helps you but you are just too worried of being weaker that u cant even see what is good for you and what isnt.

I really dont care what delusions you think justify things like SOTH, or even VMOL. My statement stands.

"You as a casual". You dont get to label me, keep your label to yourself. I dont go neatly into a box, thanks.

PS: Your placation works off the assumption content will be ajusted for this new lower DPS ceiling. I doubt it. Your brainwashing fails.

Ok lets nerf the "hardest" dungeons in the game that dont even require close to BiS gear because u cant find a group to do them. Not because you cant do them but because u cant find a group. Makes sense. Well anw casuals or elites. Call urself whatever u want. Game is changing, you either adapt like everyone else or you can keep bitching like you do now and quit.

tenor.gif

Not cool, guy... Totally not cool... Plus, it's not just him who have major issues with this. Take a glance through this thread alone, and see how many people have either cancelled their Morrowind pre-orders. Or are undecided upon whether or not they should bother continuing.

And for the record, it's not just the 'casuals' either with said feelings... A good 4 or 5 people in 1 of the guilds I farm VMoL with are in the same boat of being unsure of whether or not they'll stick around with Morrowind due to these changes. :|

First of all those same guys from the beginning of this thread have been threatening they will quit unless u do this they will quit unless u do that. The game will die. The game will not survive. Provided false information to back up their arguments insulted anyone who disagree with them. Nice way to make an argument, but yeah im the one who is not cool. Sorry for not being cool with trolls threatening that they will quit and the game will die. Funniest thing is that most of them will not even quit. They just think that this change will be game breaking cause they wont be able to do anything anymore but they''ll get used to it and still play. Then the next patch comes another change will be implemented and back from the beginning. I quit threads everywhere. Thats not how you make an argument.

I literally said that the elites are those who will get hit by that change so im not sure what ur point is by telling me that elites are also complaining. Please read before replying with things like that. I never said this change wont impact anyone. It will hit the elites mostly not the casuals. In case you havent noticed every single person here complaining about this change is either because of vMOL and how hard it is or with vCOS and vROM cause they cant find pug them. They ignore every other piece of content in this game, they also ignore that their actual issue is to find a good group and taking away cost reduction isnt gonna change anything at all in that aspect and they dont want this change to go through even tho its obvious that this change will do more good than bad and they also ingore the fact that people are already doing most of the content of the game without having 100 points to warlord/magician. So please feel free to explain me how this change is going to break the game cause no one actually did so far. Just remember that vMOL isnt the only content in this game.

Pl fors
    If these changes happen it will be on the pts first so we can see what impact it actually does. Maybe having a high regen set with a lower damage is not a bad thing as there are complaints about how eso is so easy and there are vids of people doing solo vet group dungeons. @Deltia did vma with no cp, it was quite impressive :smile: so harder content is possible even with no cp.
    ESO as a whole is only easy for a tiny portion of the playerbase. Sure, overland content is a cakewalk for most players, but if you ever try a vet DLC dungeon in a pug, you'll see firsthand that the game is not easy for everyone. It's only easy for super hardcore gamers. And the thing about hardcore players is that if the content isn't literally impossible to complete, then they'll find a way through it. Then they'll find a way to master it, and they'll play it until they can play it with their eyes closed, and then complain about how the content is too easy.

Not everyone is Deltia. Accept it. And stop trying to force us to become deltia, or leave.

Your issue is that u dont have a PVE guild to get in good groups to complete that content. Not that the content is too hard to complete. Thats not how it goes mate. They cant nerf every single piece of content in this game or buff everyone just because you cant get into good groups to complete dungeons. And the whole reason why it is so hard for you to get into such groups in the first place is because the difference between casuals and elites is huge. And one of the reasons for that is resource management being non existent in this game. If resource management was actually a mitigating factor to player performance, the ceiling would be lower and that content wouldnt be as hard. You should as a casual want this change to go through cause it actually helps you but you are just too worried of being weaker that u cant even see what is good for you and what isnt.

I really dont care what delusions you think justify things like SOTH, or even VMOL. My statement stands.

"You as a casual". You dont get to label me, keep your label to yourself. I dont go neatly into a box, thanks.

PS: Your placation works off the assumption content will be ajusted for this new lower DPS ceiling. I doubt it. Your brainwashing fails.

Ok lets nerf the "hardest" dungeons in the game that dont even require close to BiS gear because u cant find a group to do them. Not because you cant do them but because u cant find a group. Makes sense. Well anw casuals or elites. Call urself whatever u want. Game is changing, you either adapt like everyone else or you can keep bitching like you do now and quit.

tenor.gif

Not cool, guy... Totally not cool... Plus, it's not just him who have major issues with this. Take a glance through this thread alone, and see how many people have either cancelled their Morrowind pre-orders. Or are undecided upon whether or not they should bother continuing.

And for the record, it's not just the 'casuals' either with said feelings... A good 4 or 5 people in 1 of the guilds I farm VMoL with are in the same boat of being unsure of whether or not they'll stick around with Morrowind due to these changes. :|

First of all those same guys from the beginning of this thread have been threatening they will quit unless u do this they will quit unless u do that. The game will die. The game will not survive. Provided false information to back up their arguments insulted anyone who disagree with them. Nice way to make an argument, but yeah im the one who is not cool. Sorry for not being cool with trolls threatening that they will quit and the game will die. Funniest thing is that most of them will not even quit. They just think that this change will be game breaking cause they wont be able to do anything anymore but they''ll get used to it and still play. Then the next patch comes another change will be implemented and back from the beginning. I quit threads everywhere. Thats not how you make an argument.

I literally said that the elites are those who will get hit by that change so im not sure what ur point is by telling me that elites are also complaining. Please read before replying with things like that. I never said this change wont impact anyone. It will hit the elites mostly not the casuals. In case you havent noticed every single person here complaining about this change is either because of vMOL and how hard it is or with vCOS and vROM cause they cant find pug them. They ignore every other piece of content in this game, they also ignore that their actual issue is to find a good group and taking away cost reduction isnt gonna change anything at all in that aspect and they dont want this change to go through even tho its obvious that this change will do more good than bad and they also ingore the fact that people are already doing most of the content of the game without having 100 points to warlord/magician. So please feel free to explain me how this change is going to break the game cause no one actually did so far. Just remember that vMOL isnt the only content in this game.

Ok ok lets get some things straight here, just because people threaten to quit does not make them trolls and gamers are not messing around anymore, most of us are seasoned gamers and been burned in mmorpgs allot and have a good grasp on mmo merchanics and balance, I have seen many mmorpgs fall because of similar things happening, anyways this is not even set in stone yet so we have to wait and see, but to not underestimate the amount of people that will leave, just look at guild wars 2 and other mmorpgs because many felt the devs did not care and kept balancing around pvp instead of splitting the skills and they did not even make pvp fair anyways.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiners are always going to whine. ZOS will make the changes. The people who play the game will adapt. Whiners will find other reasons to whine.

Not true there is a difference between adapting and taking nonsense, but again this cp thing is not set in stone.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone even tested this out? Instead of arguing we can easily test this out by picking other cp and using regen gear.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »

tenor.gif

Pl fors

tenor.gif

Ok ok lets get some things straight here, just because people threaten to quit does not make them trolls and gamers are not messing around anymore, most of us are seasoned gamers and been burned in mmorpgs allot and have a good grasp on mmo merchanics and balance, I have seen many mmorpgs fall because of similar things happening, anyways this is not even set in stone yet so we have to wait and see, but to not underestimate the amount of people that will leave, just look at guild wars 2 and other mmorpgs because many felt the devs did not care and kept balancing around pvp instead of splitting the skills and they did not even make pvp fair anyways.

You mean changes that will most likely make the game actually better and hurt people only when they are doing something like 1% the game? Yeah im sure the game will die from changes like that.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone even tested this out? Instead of arguing we can easily test this out by picking other cp and using regen gear.

You can easily test how you would perform without warlord or magician in the current game, but i kinda doubt the removal of those two cp stars will be the only change coming.

Regardless, we should be able to properly test it soon enough, i expect Morrowind PTS to be up in about a month, give or take.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Or mSorc, since its BSW+Lich/VD depending on what of the 3 zergs we fight against ( AD, DC or Green).
    @Enslaved
    You.. I like you.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on March 28, 2017 7:29AM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

You can easily test how you would perform without warlord or magician in the current game, but i kinda doubt the removal of those two cp stars will be the only change coming.

Regardless, we should be able to properly test it soon enough, i expect Morrowind PTS to be up in about a month, give or take.

This.

We're basicly stuck waiting for the morrowind PTS to see just how screwed we got, this is sidelining ALL the potential class changes we could get screwed with.

Mmm, feels good man.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This.

We're basicly stuck waiting for the morrowind PTS to see just how screwed we got, this is sidelining ALL the potential class changes we could get screwed with.

Mmm, feels good man.

The sad fact is, by the time this hits the PTS we ALL know ZOS isn't going to change their mind and change/fix it. They have proven that in the past.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

This.

Mmm, feels good man.

The sad fact is, by the time this hits the PTS we ALL know ZOS isn't going to change their mind and change/fix it. They have proven that in the past.

Hence why I begin increasingly more involved in For Honor.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of Felicias that must be goodbye'd to in this thread is reaching critical levels.
    Edited by usmcjdking on March 28, 2017 11:00PM
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭

This! Despite certain people attempting to pick counter-arguments apart, this pretty much says it all. Nerfing CP is NOT how to lower the ceiling, because everybody at 50 starts getting CP. Will the game die over this? Personally, I don't think so. But lack of "death" is a poor validation for implementing a stupid change.
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • H4RDFOX
    H4RDFOX
    ✭✭✭
    I think these changes are just a test to see how it plays out with the current state of PvP; the dominance of one class over the other. I'm in favor of some CP changes to allow for a lesser dominant build. Undoubtedly we will see some of this in PTS, and those that are dedicated can take a crack at it.
    #NoEasyProps
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    H4RDFOX wrote: »
    I think these changes are just a test to see how it plays out with the current state of PvP; the dominance of one class over the other. I'm in favor of some CP changes to allow for a lesser dominant build. Undoubtedly we will see some of this in PTS, and those that are dedicated can take a crack at it.

In which case, it'll basicly just end up being a ruination of PVE, or portions of it, for PVP.

Joy.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be wrong though.

Could be wrong though.

Tl;dr

What are you even talking about xp bonuses and crap. 300 CP doesnt get u the most out of the CP. Stop this nonsense trying to equate 300 CP with 600 CP. You have no idea about what u are talking about. The difference is huge.

This type of decision aims to bring back resource management. A mechanic that was suppose to be a mitigating factor when u make builds preventing u from going all out dmg and ending with the crap we have now. This change aims to make the game more skill based. Learn the difference between lazy approach and good change. Making the game more skill based instead of button smashing isnt a lazy approach. Its a good change. Yes of course people are mad because of this decision. Its obvious that they dont want to see their crutches taken away from them and instead they will actually have to put some effort when fighting. They'll get over it. Keep talking about people leaving and the game dying.
    Ill just grab some pop corn on june 6 and laugh watching how "dead" the game is. And when everyone adapts to the change and realise that the sky isnt falling ill wait to see the next i quit and the game will die threads for the next patch.

Jesus F Christ you need to learn how to read better. I gave up after the first 2 sentences of non sequitar babbling. I didn't equate 300cp to ***. I just said I don't see 300cp too often, it is mostly cp450-600 I see everywhere in my own subjective experience, as stated.

Furthermore, because you are overly sensitive to people who disagree with you, I will explain this 1 more time. The base cost of skill INCREASES as you gain cp. That literally mean that every single time you level it hurts your sustain. The cost reduction tree was to help alleviate this. Zos needs to rollback base skill cost if they are going to remove that particular cp tree. Else, a cp 50 player might be buffed due to lower skill cost than a 600cp player with increased skillcost. That is the EXACT OPPISITE of character progression.

Exposed?
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on March 29, 2017 12:56AM
  • commanderofthegray
    commanderofthegray
    Soul Shriven
    I couldn't care less one way or the other just don't make me pay for the CP resets I shouldn't have to pay for their mistakes
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could be wrong though.

Could be wrong though.

Tl;dr

Jesus F Christ you need to learn how to read better. I gave up after the first 2 sentences of non sequitar babbling. I didn't equate 300cp to ***. I just said I don't see 300cp too often, it is mostly cp450-600 I see everywhere in my own subjective experience, as stated.

Furthermore, because you are overly sensitive to people who disagree with you, I will explain this 1 more time. The base cost of skill INCREASES as you gain cp. That literally mean that every single time you level it hurts your sustain. The cost reduction tree was to help alleviate this. Zos needs to rollback base skill cost if they are going to remove that particular cp tree. Else, a cp 50 player might be buffed due to lower skill cost than a 600cp player with increased skillcost. That is the EXACT OPPISITE of character progression.

Exposed?

ESO: The ONLY MMORPG on the market where you get weaker as you progress...
    Edited by Uriel_Nocturne on March 29, 2017 1:47PM

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭

ESO: The ONLY MMORPG on the market where you get weaker as you progress...

Lol. The way this is heading, sad but accurate. Truth is stranger than fiction.
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could be wrong though.

Could be wrong though.

Tl;dr

Exposed?

Exposed? Lmao. Yeah im gonna be so exposed when this change hits and everything will be fine. And stop telling me what u see. There are a hundred million threads in this forum talking about people getting into groups with low CP. And guess what all these threads have in common. Group finder. Pugs, casuals etc which is exactly what we are talking about. The whole forum proved u wrong on that one.

Keep telling urself that most people are above CP450. And even if they were, CP450 is still weaker than CP600. As long as there is more CP to get, it means u are not using CP to its full potential. which is the point im trying to make. Therefore it aint going to hit u as hard. And this dumb idea u have in ur mind that the more CP u get the more u hurt ur sustain not only is false but its also the most stupid think ive heard in a while. You are literally trying to convince me that the more u lvl the weaker u become and u need the CP to balance this out. The whole point of this change is to put resource management back in the game because cp allows u to completely ignore it. And u are trying to tell me that the cost reduction is mandatory to alleviate the high cost of skills so u can sustain. Thats how stupid ur statement is. Taking a look at PVP is enough to prove how wrong u are. According to you anyone that is CP600 and plays in azuras would be destroyed by anyone with low CP cause their skills cost way more and they cant use their CP to balance this out. Guess what. This isnt happening. You are talking about exposing and in the process you exposed urself. Im done with you. When u learn how the f*cking game works we can talk again.
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭

The whole point of this change is to put resource management back in the game because cp allows u to completely ignore it.

You really need to stop spreading false information.

CP does NOT allow players to ignore resource management. Some players might get to ignore it, but others (me included) still have resource management issues. Especially on some character builds. I will simply ask that you do not speak for me by implying or stating CP allows players to ignore resource management. I believe the "u" in your bold sentence was meant to imply "others" or "players" in general. If CP allows YOU to ignore it, then that is fine and I will not dispute that. But, again, do not speak for me. Very simple.
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going from one extreme to another is always problematic.

Wrobel Vision (trademark) is 20/20
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more this thread goes on the more stupid and false the arguments become. It started from casuals will get hurt more to it will be impossible to do dungeons to it will be impossible to kill quest bosses to the game will die and now.. the more u progress the weaker u become. In the thread about nerfing CP cause its too strong the counter argument is that the more u level the weaker u become. Nice try. Maybe next time.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perhaps they could replace them with a cp skill that allows you to speed up your heavy attack?

that would be very useful.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Quigster
    The devs in the eso live said this game was designed without cooldowns so you have to sustain ur resources. Managing resources was supposed to be a mitigating factor in build performance. Right now in PVP where you actually have to build sustain survivability and dmg in ur build there are people using only dmg sets and sustaining forever. And this happens mostly in CP campaigns. Even when they are playing solo where they have no support from anyone else. Which results to either people dying before they can react or not dying ever. And that is why battlegrounds will probably be without CP. In PVE everyone is stacking dmg, most content tactics is stack and burn and pulling the most amount of DPS is only about performing a perfect rotation. Whoever smashes the buttons quicker. There is nothing about player skill. Which is precisely the point why everything is a gear grind fest and people in this same thread are complaining about content requiring BiS gear to complete and its also precisely why top guilds have ridiculous DPS requirments to get invited.

The problem isnt that u cant ignore sustain. The problem is that there are people who can and instead of you being judged about ur skill and knowledge of game mechanics, u are being judged about the gear u wear and how fast u press buttons

Edited by pieratsos on March 30, 2017 11:30AM