Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warlord and Magician CP being removed in Morrowind

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    If these changes happen it will be on the pts first so we can see what impact it actually does. Maybe having a high regen set with a lower damage is not a bad thing as there are complaints about how eso is so easy and there are vids of people doing solo vet group dungeons. @Deltia did vma with no cp, it was quite impressive :smile: so harder content is possible even with no cp.
    ESO as a whole is only easy for a tiny portion of the playerbase. Sure, overland content is a cakewalk for most players, but if you ever try a vet DLC dungeon in a pug, you'll see firsthand that the game is not easy for everyone. It's only easy for super hardcore gamers. And the thing about hardcore players is that if the content isn't literally impossible to complete, then they'll find a way through it. Then they'll find a way to master it, and they'll play it until they can play it with their eyes closed, and then complain about how the content is too easy.

This is so true, I solo plenty of vet dungeons, but it wasn't "easy" in the beginning and still several bosses are not easy even knowing their mechanics perfectly (lookin at you whisperer... such a simple AI, yet if you mess up, insta gibbed)

The thing is, this whole game is suppose to support and promote variety in builds. The CP system made that a possibility, if what most players say is true, (that only a minority uses the system to its full potential) then why severely limit build variety viability just to "bring the top down" when clearly it's unnecessary?

However, my feelings are tempered by the rumors that a larger change will come with these CP changes, if they re work the actual resource management along with changing CPs it is possible (though improbable) they can keep the viability of non meta builds.

Maybe...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these changes happen it will be on the pts first so we can see what impact it actually does. Maybe having a high regen set with a lower damage is not a bad thing as there are complaints about how eso is so easy and there are vids of people doing solo vet group dungeons. @Deltia did vma with no cp, it was quite impressive :smile: so harder content is possible even with no cp.
    ESO as a whole is only easy for a tiny portion of the playerbase. Sure, overland content is a cakewalk for most players, but if you ever try a vet DLC dungeon in a pug, you'll see firsthand that the game is not easy for everyone. It's only easy for super hardcore gamers. And the thing about hardcore players is that if the content isn't literally impossible to complete, then they'll find a way through it. Then they'll find a way to master it, and they'll play it until they can play it with their eyes closed, and then complain about how the content is too easy.

This is so true, I solo plenty of vet dungeons, but it wasn't "easy" in the beginning and still several bosses are not easy even knowing their mechanics perfectly (lookin at you whisperer... such a simple AI, yet if you mess up, insta gibbed)

The thing is, this whole game is suppose to support and promote variety in builds. The CP system made that a possibility, if what most players say is true, (that only a minority uses the system to its full potential) then why severely limit build variety viability just to "bring the top down" when clearly it's unnecessary?

However, my feelings are tempered by the rumors that a larger change will come with these CP changes, if they re work the actual resource management along with changing CPs it is possible (though improbable) they can keep the viability of non meta builds.

Maybe...

Exactly, well said.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ESO is just as easy as the gaussian distribution of players skill say so.

Look, I solo world bosses and some group dungeons... however when I group, I get with people with 3-400 CP (that is, more than me!) who can't solo any world boss, much less solo a group dungeon.

Your name inspired me to talk about gaussian. Your name also inspires me about... how many sigmas of players skills should be compatible with ESO?

If ESO only caters to high skill players, then it will bankrupt, high skill, 2 sigma skill players are just 5% of the total. World top players are sigma 3+ players, whose number won't exceed 0,3% of the total.

You can easily understand what happens to a MMO just focusing to the upper 0,3% top skilled players.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still only thing to do now is wait for their official announcement regarding this either by PTS or specifically addressing this issue.

My hope is that they are sensible enough to either scrap this aweful horriblly thought of blanket nerf without consideration of how the players can't cope with it, or rightfully adjust the content and base game costs.

As a mag Dk our skills even with a 16% reduction still have half my skills costing 4k+, and if nothing is adjusted it WILL be impossible to properly manage resources with existing sets and items without dropping DPS so low it will be impossible to complete content for MOST players with current enrage/timer mechanics in place that already take into account current CP abilities
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    If some people feel like quitting just because it will make them feel weaker well good for them but dont expect everyone to follow them. Thats like saying people quit their jobs whenever they have a setback. Sry but thats not how it works. The game survived bigger changes. It will survive now too. And out of all the changes that happened to this game, if u actually believe that it will die now with morrowind coming then man, u really dont know how many elder scrolls fanboys are out there. The casual player base will be actually bigger. Not smaller.

Usually people need to work to live, even if their job sucks or if they have setbacks.

Then they go home and play video games exactly to escape the sucky reality, the sucky job, the setbacks. They pay to escape that.

That should hint at the tiny difference, between being forced to work anyway, and having to endure the sucks with something you pay to experience a virtual, better life.

Ok then. My bad. That wasnt a good analogy. That still doesnt change my point. The game will not die. It survived launch when it was a horrible game. People wont quit because this change wont have a huge impact for most people. I mean come on now. A new class, new trial, battlegrounds and morrowind. With all that coming and you actually believe that people will quit for a nerf to sustain that wont even have an impact for most of the content. Seriously?

...Wont have a huge impact? BWAHA.

As for 'wont die', depends on how you wanna define 'dead'. A large influx of players leaving and the company never recovering is what saw the buy to play change. (I refuse to use free to play. It's not.)

No it wont have a huge impact. Casuals are not the people that do the content which requires BiS gear and groups. If you go in a random vet dungeon its not going to be the end of the world. You dont need 50k DPS to do the stupid dungeons. I do both PVE and PVP and i dont even bother to change my mundus when im doing pledges because i dont have to. Sorry to break it to you but no it wont have huge impact. The game will not die. If you feel like quitting well bye bye, we wont miss you. But dont expect the game to die with you leaving. The game survived worse. It will survive your absence too. Actually i highly doubt that you will leave anw. Trolls threatening that they will quit over the most stupid changes but never actually leaving have always been a thing. Nothing new here.

Yah, as I have stated before I am far from elite when it comes to pve. I am simply competent when it comes to the mechanics of the game. When I can walk into vet dungeons solo with my.pvp gear and breeze through content because of the ridiculousNess that is cp there is a problem. I'm talking no sustain issues what so ever without running any sustain sets. I'm talking as about vd/heavy alchemist combo with sword and board and I can just walk from PvP to pve vet dungeons and solo them. What is that??? I'm not saying everyone can do it. But it does not take more then a competent player who knows the mechanics of the combat system to have no issue.this is just one example and far from a collective sample. I understand that. I'm just pro icing one example is all.

Don't spout nonsense to prove a point. It's not necessary to make such ridiculous claims. Average players don't solo vet dungeons, especially without gearing correctly and it's no cakewalk regardless.

What nonsense???

Are you saying you don't believe me? I'm confused.

See @JinMori this is what I mean. This is the kind of comment that drivessels me crazy. It doesn't disagree with me, just seemingly says no I'm wrong and make ridiculous claims. Despite me saying I understand not everyone can do it. Despite me saying I understand this is just one instance etc. I still get this. This is what drives me crazy. It is not I understand what your saying and I disagree with you on why it should not be implemented for x reasons. No

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. You don't solo vet dungeons with ease as a "non-elite" in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. You added nothing to the conversation with your lie. Just, "the change is ok because I'm not that great and I can solo vet dungeons with ease in bad gear." No, you can't. I accept your view about the changes, you don't need to make false and grandiose claims to support this view.

far from false but okay believe what you will i cant control that.

I eagerly await your YouTube video series showcasing your non elite talents. With non elite level skill, and the wrong gear/mundus set up, you're doing what the best players cannot, and with ease! Truly inspirational, can't wait to watch.

perhaps you should inquire more about the situation rather than calling me a liar.

Did you see anywhere in there that I said I was running through cradle with that setup solo. Did you see me saying that I was soloing WGT or ICP with that setup. no. I simply generalized vet dungeons for the sake of time. Im talking about FG, BC, Sewers, an maybe one or two others. Far from the hard content for vet dungeons. Ofcourse I wont be running through the crazy stuff with that. Im just saying that you can on many of them. Throw on swoard and board and resto staff and call it a day.

It really does not bother me that you dont believe me. I could care less.

So now it is my job to assume you generalized and inquire further? Sorry pal, you said soloed vet dungeons with ease in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. Now it's a handful of the easy one's and a specific setup. So am I to assume now that your overall point was that the cp change is a good thing or ok, based on the fact that a handful of easy vet dungeons are soloable by certain people using a certain setup?

no it is not your job to assume. I apologize for that. I just had my coffee haha. That is on me.

My point is that i can take a pvp setup into multiple vet dungeons and solo them and have no problem with sustain. Thus, this is simply ONE example as to why I would like to see the change instituted.

No, sorry but that's 100 % untrue, you can't solo vet dungeons with a pvp setup. It's 100 % impossible.
    To solo a dungeon you need sustained dps, not burst.
    The fact that there are some similarities doesn't make it identical.
    You need self healing in pvp, you need it for soloing dungeon, you need sustain to solo dungeons, but it's not the same as pvp, if you were to run heavy armor you wouldn't do enough damage to kill bosses, and you probably would go out of resources since you don't have as much cost reduction.

Even pvp and pve builds have many similarities.
    For example a templar run puncturing in both pvp and pve, channeled focus is used in both pvp and pve, purifing light, same story, does that make it identical? No

Uhhh, I wouldn't be too sure about that. While I agree with damn near everything else you've posted in this thread, that particular thing I'm conflicted with. I met someone who showed me a Flawless Conqueror run from start to finish using a tanky PvP build a few patches ago. Impenetrable for the traits, and everything. And this guy smoked VMA like it was a joke. StamDK to be specific. Didn't use any sigils either. It was literally 1 of the most bizarre, and yet incredible things I had ever seen in ESO. And from how tanky he was, I know for a fact he'd steamroll some veteran dungeons. Even with hard mode activated. That guy's build was ridiculously effective, and mind you this was all on PS4. No add-ons.
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a long thread full of things Zos won't read/will ignore. Seriously they have an incredible track record for ignoring player feedback.
    Removing stamina regen while blocking. threadfuls of complaints, ignored, change implemented.
    Removing the bracing passive to heavy armor and replacing with wrath. threadfuls of complaints, ignored, change implemented.
    Told housing would release without storage/mannequins, plenty of time to correct it, ignored.

And that's just a tiny sampling of examples.

Complain all you want about this latest change/nerf, Zos isn't listening, doesn't give a flying f***. It's already locked in and nothings going to stop them doing it.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    If some people feel like quitting just because it will make them feel weaker well good for them but dont expect everyone to follow them. Thats like saying people quit their jobs whenever they have a setback. Sry but thats not how it works. The game survived bigger changes. It will survive now too. And out of all the changes that happened to this game, if u actually believe that it will die now with morrowind coming then man, u really dont know how many elder scrolls fanboys are out there. The casual player base will be actually bigger. Not smaller.

Usually people need to work to live, even if their job sucks or if they have setbacks.

Then they go home and play video games exactly to escape the sucky reality, the sucky job, the setbacks. They pay to escape that.

That should hint at the tiny difference, between being forced to work anyway, and having to endure the sucks with something you pay to experience a virtual, better life.

Ok then. My bad. That wasnt a good analogy. That still doesnt change my point. The game will not die. It survived launch when it was a horrible game. People wont quit because this change wont have a huge impact for most people. I mean come on now. A new class, new trial, battlegrounds and morrowind. With all that coming and you actually believe that people will quit for a nerf to sustain that wont even have an impact for most of the content. Seriously?

As for 'wont die', depends on how you wanna define 'dead'. A large influx of players leaving and the company never recovering is what saw the buy to play change. (I refuse to use free to play. It's not.)

No it wont have a huge impact. Casuals are not the people that do the content which requires BiS gear and groups. If you go in a random vet dungeon its not going to be the end of the world. You dont need 50k DPS to do the stupid dungeons. I do both PVE and PVP and i dont even bother to change my mundus when im doing pledges because i dont have to. Sorry to break it to you but no it wont have huge impact. The game will not die. If you feel like quitting well bye bye, we wont miss you. But dont expect the game to die with you leaving. The game survived worse. It will survive your absence too. Actually i highly doubt that you will leave anw. Trolls threatening that they will quit over the most stupid changes but never actually leaving have always been a thing. Nothing new here.

Yah, as I have stated before I am far from elite when it comes to pve. I am simply competent when it comes to the mechanics of the game. When I can walk into vet dungeons solo with my.pvp gear and breeze through content because of the ridiculousNess that is cp there is a problem. I'm talking no sustain issues what so ever without running any sustain sets. I'm talking as about vd/heavy alchemist combo with sword and board and I can just walk from PvP to pve vet dungeons and solo them. What is that??? I'm not saying everyone can do it. But it does not take more then a competent player who knows the mechanics of the combat system to have no issue.this is just one example and far from a collective sample. I understand that. I'm just pro icing one example is all.

Don't spout nonsense to prove a point. It's not necessary to make such ridiculous claims. Average players don't solo vet dungeons, especially without gearing correctly and it's no cakewalk regardless.

What nonsense???

See @JinMori this is what I mean. This is the kind of comment that drivessels me crazy. It doesn't disagree with me, just seemingly says no I'm wrong and make ridiculous claims. Despite me saying I understand not everyone can do it. Despite me saying I understand this is just one instance etc. I still get this. This is what drives me crazy. It is not I understand what your saying and I disagree with you on why it should not be implemented for x reasons. No

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. You don't solo vet dungeons with ease as a "non-elite" in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. You added nothing to the conversation with your lie. Just, "the change is ok because I'm not that great and I can solo vet dungeons with ease in bad gear." No, you can't. I accept your view about the changes, you don't need to make false and grandiose claims to support this view.

I eagerly await your YouTube video series showcasing your non elite talents. With non elite level skill, and the wrong gear/mundus set up, you're doing what the best players cannot, and with ease! Truly inspirational, can't wait to watch.

perhaps you should inquire more about the situation rather than calling me a liar.

Did you see anywhere in there that I said I was running through cradle with that setup solo. Did you see me saying that I was soloing WGT or ICP with that setup. no. I simply generalized vet dungeons for the sake of time. Im talking about FG, BC, Sewers, an maybe one or two others. Far from the hard content for vet dungeons. Ofcourse I wont be running through the crazy stuff with that. Im just saying that you can on many of them. Throw on swoard and board and resto staff and call it a day.

So now it is my job to assume you generalized and inquire further? Sorry pal, you said soloed vet dungeons with ease in PvP gear and the wrong mundus. Now it's a handful of the easy one's and a specific setup. So am I to assume now that your overall point was that the cp change is a good thing or ok, based on the fact that a handful of easy vet dungeons are soloable by certain people using a certain setup?

no it is not your job to assume. I apologize for that. I just had my coffee haha. That is on me.

My point is that i can take a pvp setup into multiple vet dungeons and solo them and have no problem with sustain. Thus, this is simply ONE example as to why I would like to see the change instituted.

No, sorry but that's 100 % untrue, you can't solo vet dungeons with a pvp setup. It's 100 % impossible.
    To solo a dungeon you need sustained dps, not burst.
    The fact that there are some similarities doesn't make it identical.
    You need self healing in pvp, you need it for soloing dungeon, you need sustain to solo dungeons, but it's not the same as pvp, if you were to run heavy armor you wouldn't do enough damage to kill bosses, and you probably would go out of resources since you don't have as much cost reduction.

Even pvp and pve builds have many similarities.
    For example a templar run puncturing in both pvp and pve, channeled focus is used in both pvp and pve, purifing light, same story, does that make it identical? No

Uhhh, I wouldn't be too sure about that. While I agree with damn near everything else you've posted in this thread, that particular thing I'm conflicted with. I met someone who showed me a Flawless Conqueror run from start to finish using a tanky PvP build a few patches ago. Impenetrable for the traits, and everything. And this guy smoked VMA like it was a joke. StamDK to be specific. Didn't use any sigils either. It was literally 1 of the most bizarre, and yet incredible things I had ever seen in ESO. And from how tanky he was, I know for a fact he'd steamroll some veteran dungeons. Even with hard mode activated. That guy's build was ridiculously effective, and mind you this was all on PS4. No add-ons.

I guess that here i talked about something that i didn't completely understand.
    Before i said that it's 100 % impossible, but the more i think about it and the more i see that some pvp abilities could be very useful in a solo pve environment, like vigor, warhorn etc, also there is a crucial aspect of that is required in both solo pve and pvp builds, and it's survivability.

But i have to say, the fact that it's a pvp build doesn't matter all that much, if someone could solo a vet dungoen with vicious death it would be a problem, but if someone can solo it with black rose set, i don't think it's that big of a deal balance wise, afterall black rose provides all that you need to solo pve content, high regen, decent damage, high resistance, and high health.
    Mix it with some self heals, and you should have a decent build.

I will say that in the last post i didn't quite think enough before posting. I did a flip flop here. i didn't think enough before making my previous post.

Edited by JinMori on March 26, 2017 2:01AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mewcatus wrote: »
    Kozai wrote: »

I actually suspect the average player will cope with this change better than the elite, because if their gear isn't that optimal already, and they have never learned to attack weave or animation cancel, and they typically don't get much resource support from teammates, they are likely to have some sustain built in. If it isn't, they can probably add it and maybe drop from 10k dps to 9.5k without noticing much difference in their play experience. I think the nerf is an attempt to bring the 40k+ dps back down into the 30s. Perhaps that will make the PvE a bit harder for you in HM trials even when you get the mechanics down, as requested.

And I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. There are additional benefits too. Mana regen sets now becomes more useful. And I know that there are 'filthy casual's (myself included) who uses theses. I am sick and tired of 'So called' Pros dissing anything but the DPS BiS gears for end game.

I'm so sick of 'filthy' casuals who have ever run a vet anything arena/trial complaining to zos about how dps ruins the game even though it has zero impact to them.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »
    This is just speculation but I imagine cost reduction is being removed from CP system in order to promote using different armor types for cost reduction.

Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up buffing cost reduction passives that medium and light armor provides.

If this is the case its a really smart move. Pve wise sustain wouldn't really change as far as reducing ability costs. At the same time, in PvP it would provide more incentive to not use heavy armor.

When the masses complain on the forums ZOS listens, believe it or not. I really think this is their attempt to balance heavy armor in PvP while not making things way worse for pve.

Could be wrong though.

It's a smart move only if they buff those passives, making medium and light armor on par with heavy in pvp, but from what i understand they just wanna nerf sustain.
    Oh, and it would also close the gap between cp 160 and 600 cp players without nerfing the top.
    But thats exactly what they are tying to do. They want to nerf the top.

By removing those cp they are nerfing everyone, it's just stupid.
    They should not remove those cp.
    Also homogenization is not very clever, they should not nerf the top because of the bottom, and they should definitely not nerf every player.

The nerf doesnt hit everyone the same way. What exactly do u not understand? Do you actually believe that people need that cost reduction to do fungal grotto and banished cells? Are you for real now? Some people are not cp capped and yet they are still doing most of the content, some people do not have optimal cp allocation and yet they are still doing most of the content. The casuals do not need that cost reduction for the content they do.
    And yes they should absolutely lower the ceiling. Its kinda laughable how everyone was bitching once upon a time about how easy the PVE content was and now that ZOS makes it harder, you started bitching about content being too hard. Its the hardest content of the game. Its suppose to be hard. Mechanics were made to be faced not skipped. The game is changing every patch. Its not gonna stay the same. Either adapt to it like everyone else did and will do or just quit.
    Edited by pieratsos on March 26, 2017 3:03PM
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only reason they would do that is to allow for a 5th player, since there will be 5 classes and they don't want to change the existing content, just freshen it up. So 5 man dungeons, 15 man raids.

it makes sense, dungeons =16%x4=64% gross efficiency loss.
    Trials = 16%x12=192% gross efficiency loss.

enter the wardens to rectify the equations.

makes sense really. I don't blame them for doing that at all. if they are doing that, of course.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just speculation but I imagine cost reduction is being removed from CP system in order to promote using different armor types for cost reduction.

Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up buffing cost reduction passives that medium and light armor provides.

If this is the case its a really smart move. Pve wise sustain wouldn't really change as far as reducing ability costs. At the same time, in PvP it would provide more incentive to not use heavy armor.

When the masses complain on the forums ZOS listens, believe it or not. I really think this is their attempt to balance heavy armor in PvP while not making things way worse for pve.

Could be wrong though.

It's a smart move only if they buff those passives, making medium and light armor on par with heavy in pvp, but from what i understand they just wanna nerf sustain.
    Oh, and it would also close the gap between cp 160 and 600 cp players without nerfing the top.

Also homogenization is not very clever, they should not nerf the top because of the bottom, and they should definitely not nerf every player.

The nerf doesnt hit everyone the same way. What exactly do u not understand? Do you actually believe that people need that cost reduction to do fungal grotto and banished cells? Are you for real now? Some people are not cp capped and yet they are still doing most of the content, some people do not have optimal cp allocation and yet they are still doing most of the content. The casuals do not need that cost reduction for the content they do.
    And yes they should absolutely lower the ceiling. Its kinda laughable how everyone was bitching once upon a time about how easy the PVE content was and now that ZOS makes it harder, you started bitching about content being too hard. Its the hardest content of the game. Its suppose to be hard. Mechanics were made to be faced not skipped. The game is changing every patch. Its not gonna stay the same. Either adapt to it like everyone else did and will do or just quit.

LOL you might not like that outcome with that line of thinking as when you balance the game around such a small group of elitist pricks those games have and WILL die.

We'll most definitely see I assure you
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be wrong though.

LOL you might not like that outcome with that line of thinking as when you balance the game around such a small group of elitist pricks those games have and WILL die.

giphy.gif

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be wrong though.

giphy.gif

But not inaccurate
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could be wrong though.

Wut? Can you even read? I said this change is a nerf to elitists not the casuals.
    This game was designed with resource management in mind. This got lost with CP and they are trying to bring it back which is good for the game in general. And you are just here bitching because 1% of the game's content will be harder to complete. How about u ask for a trial nerf instead?
    Anw bottom line is that the game changes every patch. You will not always like the changes. And if u actually believe that the game will die in morrowind then u are delusional. The game survived game breaking mechanics and bugs. It will survive now too. Either adapt like everyone else or quit. We wont miss you.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be wrong though.

Wut? Can you even read? I said this change is a nerf to elitists not the casuals.
    This game was designed with resource management in mind. This got lost with CP and they are trying to bring it back which is good for the game in general. And you are just here bitching because 1% of the game's content will be harder to complete. How about u ask for a trial nerf instead?
    Anw bottom line is that the game changes every patch. You will not always like the changes. And if u actually believe that the game will die in morrowind then u are delusional. The game survived game breaking mechanics and bugs. It will survive now too. Either adapt like everyone else or quit. We wont miss you.

How is this only a nerf to elites? Do elaborate please, because there are plenty of players who are CP 600 who cannot access and complete vet content with BiS gear and good rotations.

All this does is limit their capabilities while barely touching end game elites and just widen the skill gap and further narrow completing content to the very few guilds capable of doing it.

If YOU had read my previous posts I already said that vet content should be addressed to compensate for this blanket nerf to everyone. As even if not everyone has 600 cp they STILL have CP and utilize these trees. It's NOT ELITE specific buddy.

obviously the game changes, that doesn't mean we have to sit here quietly because you don't like it us talking about it, sorry to break it to you but people have a right to an opinion in 2017.
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on March 26, 2017 4:09PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. "ESO is only easy for a small percentage of the playerbase".

Not everyone is Deltia. Accept it. And stop trying to force us to become deltia, or leave.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still only thing to do now is wait for their official announcement regarding this either by PTS or specifically addressing this issue.

My hope is that they are sensible enough to either scrap this aweful horriblly thought of blanket nerf without consideration of how the players can't cope with it, or rightfully adjust the content and base game costs.

As a mag Dk our skills even with a 16% reduction still have half my skills costing 4k+, and if nothing is adjusted it WILL be impossible to properly manage resources with existing sets and items without dropping DPS so low it will be impossible to complete content for MOST players with current enrage/timer mechanics in place that already take into account current CP abilities

I fully expect them to do none of these. I personally am puting my actual gameplay fix into For Honor and singleplayer games. If Zeni proves me wrong, I'll come back.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I fully expect them to do none of these. I personally am puting my actual gameplay fix into For Honor and singleplayer games. If Zeni proves me wrong, I'll come back.

Pretty much exactly where I'm leaning

I've subbed and supported this game since launch but these changes are getting ridiculous like a high schooler is making decisions
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 26, 2017 4:29PM
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to make a Breton magDK for the Hell of it. Going to put those green points into Tumbling, Tenacity and Sprinter.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol expect lots of bretons

"Hey your a stam dk what's your build? Breton, so I can pop off 1 igneous"

lmao
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to make a Breton magDK for the Hell of it. Going to put those green points into Tumbling, Tenacity and Sprinter.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol expect lots of bretons

"Hey your a stam dk what's your build? Breton, so I can pop off 1 igneous"

lmao
    Well... if the build editor is correct, I can spam dat Igneous Shield 10 times. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

can't wait to see how that'll play out with the new addition in the CP trees draining opponents resources with light and heavy attacks lmao
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭

What nonsense???

congratulations! you can do it, however, some of us can't. i enjoy the game and I at least think I understand the mechanics but I still have trouble with sustain and DPS on a DW magblade. i'm not running an optimal setup, and I know that, but with these changes if they make my play style nearly unplayable, rather then just have me at a disadvantage whats to keep me playing? the game is no longer fun
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love for (overland) content to get harder. Not sure this is the way though. Willing to give it a try.
    My preferred thing would be for mobs to hit WAY harder and mitigate WAY WAY more. I get and accept that it will never happen but on my semi-well geared main in overland there might as well not be mobs in the first place.
    Heavy attack -> Execute. Done.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could be wrong though.

How is this only a nerf to elites? Do elaborate please, because there are plenty of players who are CP 600 who cannot access and complete vet content with BiS gear and good rotations.

All this does is limit their capabilities while barely touching end game elites and just widen the skill gap and further narrow completing content to the very few guilds capable of doing it.

If YOU had read my previous posts I already said that vet content should be addressed to compensate for this blanket nerf to everyone. As even if not everyone has 600 cp they STILL have CP and utilize these trees. It's NOT ELITE specific buddy.

obviously the game changes, that doesn't mean we have to sit here quietly because you don't like it us talking about it, sorry to break it to you but people have a right to an opinion in 2017.

And then there are those people that are not cp capped or have 100 points into warlord/magician and do vet content just fine.vMA is considered a very hard content by most people and yet its doable even with 0 CP. Let that sink in before you run ur mouth about how u need 600CP to complete vet content. Vet content isnt just vMOL. Your issue is just with vet trials. Nothing else. Cause nothing else requires BiS gear. Like i said ask for a nerf to trials. This change is good for the game. And if u cant understand how this change directly hits the elites and not the casuals then i really dont know what to say to you. Casuals do not run vet trials. Casuals may not be cp capped. Casuals may not have the perfect cp allocation. They do both PVE and PVP and they dont bother to switch their CP every time they want to do PVE because they dont have to. That cost reduction is not needed for pledges and normal trials which is what casuals actually do. Casuals may not have BiS gear and perfect rotation which means they still have room for improvement. If casuals want to do vet trials they find it hard cause elite guilds wont invite them since they cant push 50k DPS or they dont meet any other ridiculous requirments they have. On the other hand, elites have BiS gear and perfect rotation. They dont actually have room for improvement and therefore this can actually be a big nerf of them. Which means the ceiling goes down. Which means their requirments to get in their groups and guilds are also going down. Which means it will be easier for the casual to get in guild like that and complete vet trials if they want to. Which means future end game content will also be adjusted too and easier for the casual to complete.
    Your issue is that you find it hard to do veteran trials. The problem with ur approach tho is that u are not asking for an adjustment to the specific content and instead u just want to be stronger and therefore affecting everything else in the game too without even realizing that this change is actually good for the game. Ask for the trials to be adjusted if u find them too hard. Im sure plenty will agree with you.
    Edited by pieratsos on March 26, 2017 4:56PM
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be wrong though.

And then there are those people that are not cp capped or have 100 points into warlord/magician and do vet content just fine.vMA is considered a very hard content by most people and yet its doable even with 0 CP. Let that sink in before you run ur mouth about how u need 600CP to complete vet content. Vet content isnt just vMOL. Your issue is just with vet trials. Nothing else. Cause nothing else requires BiS gear. Like i said ask for a nerf to trials. This change is good for the game. And if u cant understand how this change directly hits the elites and not the casuals then i really dont know what to say to you. Casuals do not run vet trials. Casuals may not be cp capped. Casuals may not have the perfect cp allocation. They do both PVE and PVP and they dont bother to switch their CP every time they want to do PVE because they dont have to. That cost reduction is not needed for pledges and normal trials which is what casuals actually do. Casuals may not have BiS gear and perfect rotation which means they still have room for improvement. If casuals want to do vet trials they find it hard cause elite guilds wont invite them since they cant push 50k DPS or they dont meet any other ridiculous requirments they have. On the other hand, elites have BiS gear and perfect rotation. They dont actually have room for improvement and therefore this can actually be a big nerf of them. Which means the ceiling goes down. Which means their requirments to get in their groups and guilds are also going down. Which means it will be easier for the casual to get in guild like that and complete vet trials if they want to. Which means future end game content will also be adjusted too and easier for the casual to complete.
    Your issue is that you find it hard to do veteran trials. The problem with ur approach tho is that u are not asking for an adjustment to the specific content and instead u just want to be stronger and therefore affecting everything else in the game too without even realizing that this change is actually good for the game. Ask for the trials to be adjusted if u find them too hard. Im sure plenty will agree with you.

This'll be absolutely fun for me to breakdown how wrong your post is.

Give me 20 minutes to type this up while I drive back home and get my coffee.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not everyone is Deltia. Accept it. And stop trying to force us to become deltia, or leave.

Your issue is that u dont have a PVE guild to get in good groups to complete that content. Not that the content is too hard to complete. Thats not how it goes mate. They cant nerf every single piece of content in this game or buff everyone just because you cant get into good groups to complete dungeons. And the whole reason why it is so hard for you to get into such groups in the first place is because the difference between casuals and elites is huge. And one of the reasons for that is resource management being non existent in this game. If resource management was actually a mitigating factor to player performance, the ceiling would be lower and that content wouldnt be as hard. You should as a casual want this change to go through cause it actually helps you but you are just too worried of being weaker that u cant even see what is good for you and what isnt.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your issue is that u dont have a PVE guild to get in good groups to complete that content. Not that the content is too hard to complete. Thats not how it goes mate. They cant nerf every single piece of content in this game or buff everyone just because you cant get into good groups to complete dungeons. And the whole reason why it is so hard for you to get into such groups in the first place is because the difference between casuals and elites is huge. And one of the reasons for that is resource management being non existent in this game. If resource management was actually a mitigating factor to player performance, the ceiling would be lower and that content wouldnt be as hard. You should as a casual want this change to go through cause it actually helps you but you are just too worried of being weaker that u cant even see what is good for you and what isnt.

I really dont care what delusions you think justify things like SOTH, or even VMOL. My statement stands.

"You as a casual". You dont get to label me, keep your label to yourself. I dont go neatly into a box, thanks.

PS: Your placation works off the assumption content will be ajusted for this new lower DPS ceiling. I doubt it. Your brainwashing fails.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on March 26, 2017 8:47PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I really dont care what delusions you think justify things like SOTH, or even VMOL. My statement stands.

"You as a casual". You dont get to label me, keep your label to yourself. I dont go neatly into a box, thanks.

PS: Your placation works off the assumption content will be ajusted for this new lower DPS ceiling. I doubt it. Your brainwashing fails.

Ok lets nerf the "hardest" dungeons in the game that dont even require close to BiS gear because u cant find a group to do them. Not because you cant do them but because u cant find a group. Makes sense. Well anw casuals or elites. Call urself whatever u want. Game is changing, you either adapt like everyone else or you can keep bitching like you do now and quit.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok lets nerf the "hardest" dungeons in the game that dont even require close to BiS gear because u cant find a group to do them. Not because you cant do them but because u cant find a group. Makes sense. Well anw casuals or elites. Call urself whatever u want. Game is changing, you either adapt like everyone else or you can keep bitching like you do now and quit.

tenor.gif

Not cool, guy... Totally not cool... Plus, it's not just him who have major issues with this. Take a glance through this thread alone, and see how many people have either cancelled their Morrowind pre-orders. Or are undecided upon whether or not they should bother continuing.

And for the record, it's not just the 'casuals' either with said feelings... A good 4 or 5 people in 1 of the guilds I farm VMoL with are in the same boat of being unsure of whether or not they'll stick around with Morrowind due to these changes. :|