The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Warlord and Magician CP being removed in Morrowind

• Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really, another 100th thread about this same thing, again... they should merge them all into one so we get new stuff to read about other than Morrowind's shining, seriously, specialy since most of all those threads are always teh same people talking about this... like i am and stil can't wait for the patch :)
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insandros wrote: »
    Really, another 100th thread about this same thing, again... they should merge them all into one so we get new stuff to read about other than Morrowind's shining, seriously, specialy since most of all those threads are always teh same people talking about this... like i am and stil can't wait for the patch :)

lol ya there are a great many threads on this topic. I honestly like this one though b/c it has evolved over time and contains a great amount of detail/interesting opinions (imo)
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why even have CP if they are going to be that useless?

Just nerf them or something, but dont make them entirely trash....do something else.

Should have just done a new system and got rid of CP if this was their fix.
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol, back in the day when there was a fuss about these CP changes.

What a sweet unawareness it was when we didn't know the "bigger picture" xD

• SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well considering this is the 39th page of this thread, I'd say they should probably use this thread over the others you mention.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • H4RDFOX
    H4RDFOX
    ✭✭✭
    H4RDFOX wrote: »
    All this nonsense over the nerfs, but when classes got nerfs many others were conveying "adapt and overcome" to changes; NBs. DKs, and Temps we're buffed, and they wrecked initially after the patch went live. Now sustain has taken a hit so that we are all on an equal playing field with management, adapt and overcome people! Weave in more your light and heavy attacks, which is buffed by siphoner. What did you guys think was going to come out of that week test of CP in cyro? I am optimistic about the changes, and it is fitting to have the changes before BGs. The issue right now is warden, and the class abilities being in line with the others.
    You obviously haven't given any real thought to the changes presented in the Patch Notes on the PTS.

If you had, you'd know that:

- Siphoner buffs nothing, it only affects your enemies (now paltry) Hlth/Mag/Stam regen.
    - DK's and Temp's are getting the worst of the hits, they are the opposite of "buffs", and will cause these two classes to run out of Mag/Stam faster than any other class.
    - Redguards have had their Racial Passives outright destroyed.
    - 50% drop in bonus to Cost Reduction for Light and Heavy Armor
    - 42% drop to the Magicka/Stamina restored via Constitution in Heavy Armor.
    - Reduced the return of resources for Light/Heavy attacks.
    - Vigor got a 30% cost increase...
    - Blocking attacks: you will now lose Stam/Mag for blocking at roughly twice as fast as before the patch.
    - Universally raised the cost of Stam abilities by 15%.
    - No more bonus to Crit damage for Sneak attacks. That's ALL Sneak Attacks. NB's are borked with this...
    - Cost Reduction CP... gone.
    - Resource Regen ( Hardy, Elemental Defender, Quick Recovery, Siphoner, Mooncalf, Arcanist, Health, Tenacity, Tumbling, Blessed, Elemental Expert, Mighty) have been dropped way down to only a 15% increase if you put a full 100 CP's into them...
    - Ironclad, Thick Skinned, Bastion, Warlord, Shadow Ward, Elfborn, Shattering Blows, Master-at-Arms, Thaumaturge, Precise Strikes: Will only provide a 25% when 100Cp are pumped into them.
    - In order to lower the gap between players with high and low CP, all Champion passive values are now significantly more frontloaded. This means that earlier points are worth much more, while later points are worth much less. In general, at the halfway mark of 50 points invested, you will obtain roughly 75% of an individual Champion ability’s total bonus (for example, at 50 points invested in Thaumaturge, you will have an 18.75% bonus to your damage over time effects). This new value curve also applies to the Health, Magicka, and Stamina gains by investing in the red, blue, and green constellations. <-- This is all flat-out bull-*** that punishes players for... actually playing the game and getting a lot of CP's.

And I could go on. The sheer magnitude of the negative moves made with this patch are leagues worse than just the removal of the Sustain and Cost Reduction CP nodes like we originally believed was going to be the worst part of the Morrowind patch.

These changes are toxic. They're cancerous for PvP, for PvE, for pretty much anybody who isn't playing at the most top-tier-end-game-level. Even for some of those players, these changes are going to be difficult to move past.

But had you done any research and put any kind of thought into these changes and how they'll affect nearly every single aspect of the game, you would have known that already.

I've payed close attention to all the changes, and as it has been stated, all that you have called out is related to resources, so of course these things would be implemented. I for one have no issue with it, I guess its adaptability. I main a NB, and that's the phrase told to NB's when they got nerfed, so I accepted it. Maybe you should as well.

I can manage my resources PVE, I don't see what the issue is really. The changes aren't cancerous in my opinion. I do not need to do any research other than getting on PTS, and BG's and seeing how it all plays out, and its OK. It isn't great by any means but it is fine from my side of things.

Look, I get it. Those PVP'ers that were god like in Cyro will no longer be, especially in BG"s. I get it. PVE'ers will have a longer time than usual to complete end game content, bro I get it. That's balance, that's eliminating top builds being cloned everywhere, that's allowing all abilities to have a fair share of bar time.

The game has gone through changes, and some of those changes does not jive with a percentage of the community. If you consider the games pvp/pve community you can come to the conclusion that its a living breathing game. People take advantage of certain aspects of the game, and so the Devs have to rearrange certain things and make it as they have envisioned it. Again, there was a problem with DK's tanking and not dying in Cyro, that's a little too much, now they won't unless they have a temp, or other class(es) with them.
    Edited by H4RDFOX on May 8, 2017 2:41PM
    #NoEasyProps
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »

Well considering this is the 39th page of this thread, I'd say they should probably use this thread over the others you mention.

this lol. lots of insight/interesting opinions/info to be had/seen
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »
    SneaK wrote: »

this lol. lots of insight/interesting opinions/info to be had/seen

I'm touched by how much you love my thread. :p
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was there any changes done to penetration in CP?
  • Dr4gon
    Dr4gon
    Soul Shriven
    well it happened now they do meeting about how to *** this game up