The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warlord and Magician CP being removed in Morrowind

adriant1978
adriant1978
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Already a thread going on about this in the Alliance War forum, but I think maybe it needs to be brought to the wider attention of PvE folks who don't visit there.

Screenshots from PAX East: https://imgur.com/a/KS9mP#rBB48CB (not mine)
  • Stamina and Magicka cost reduction CP apparently removed
  • Mooncalf and Arcanist regen CP reduced to 15% maximum from 25% maximum
  • Warlord changed to "Break Free" cost reduction
  • Magician replaced by Siphoner, which reduces target's regen (health, magicka & stamina) when hit by light/heavy attacks
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's good, but... combat is still better without CP.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing is set in stone. but i dont believe we will get a huge nerf like this with nothing going on elsewhere to balance it out.

i also believe this change isn't coming with morrowind.

However, my thoughts? ZOS Really needs to stop changing fundamental mechanics like this so drastically. This is a big one on resource management even if it gets buffed elsewhere so the nerf is marginal. I still believe you guys need to stop changing things so heavily.
    Edited by Nifty2g on March 12, 2017 5:36PM
    #MOREORBS
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    This is pre-PST so theres no guarantee any of these changes would go live. It pretty much breaks every magicka class - esp sorcs .. And I'm assuming that if they are taking the input of players like Alcast during the dev phase for these changes, then none of these will see the light of day.

But you never know... would basically suck, and see a radical change for the worst for mag classes in PvE.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're nerfing resources, but not block cost reduction CP. it's clear ZOS doesn't spend any time in Cyrodiil.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already a thread going on about this in the Alliance War forum, but I think maybe it needs to be brought to the wider attention of PvE folks who don't visit there.

• Magician replaced by Siphoner, which reduces target's regen (health, magicka & stamina) when hit by light/heavy attacks

The bolded part basicly only hits medium and light armor builds, not heavy armor builds at all, cause heavy armor builds rely on resource returns through heavy armor constitution, racial passives or other ways to get resource returns.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

The bolded part basicly only hits medium and light armor builds, not heavy armor builds at all, cause heavy armor builds rely on resource returns through heavy armor constitution, racial passives or other ways to get resource returns.
    While this done to directly hurt heavy armor builds.

• theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is true I hope it gets reverted. Or at lwast replaced with something equaly usefull.

Putting points into them is really good way to compensate for my lack of magica racials on my khajiit healer.
    Edited by theher0not on March 12, 2017 3:55PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    While this done to directly hurt heavy armor builds.

If anything it would seem at first glance to make heavy armor even more popular than it already is, since sustain comes from constitution passive more than recovery stat.

If they want to improve the balance to armor types, I imagine they will either buff light and medium passives or slight nerf to heavy passives.

At any rate, the update is still a long ways out, and this is not the complete picture of whatever balance changes are planned.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on March 12, 2017 4:13PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

@WhiteMage How is PvE combat better without CP?

My opinion is that your statement is incorrect. Either characters would need a buff or content nerfed to accommodate a removal of CP. Even with the changes Zos has proposed this week this may be happening behind the scenes.

Of course if your opinion is based on 4 man dungeons and over-world content then that is really not the place to look.
    Minalan wrote: »
    They're nerfing resources, but not block cost reduction CP. it's clear ZOS doesn't spend any time in Cyrodiil.

and everything is not just Cyrodiil. Though they could probably handle block cost reduction through battle spirit.
    Edited by idk on March 12, 2017 4:01PM
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's my personal opinion that Vivec should just divert that moon and have it crash in Cyrodiil instead of decades later in Morrowind.

Dear ZOS, just separate pvp balancing from pve balancing already.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

You clearly don't play PVE at all. That would cripple players into Oblivion
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they don't take away crit healing for stamina only because man that wouldn't be fair at all and here I thought removing healing received from being an additive with healing done in CP was pretty big.
    EDIT: After reading the other CP changes please for the love of all that is Satakal do not implement the light/heavy attacks interfering with resources like holy shi... mate that is terrible. It seems you're already planning to reduce CP recovery by 10% just do not give everyone free poisons, poisons in PvP are already a major problem as they can stack on one person and provide a significant edge with large groups(I wished poisons were only a class base thing which would mean a new class that can only use them).
    Edited by MaxwellC on March 12, 2017 5:01PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are senseless changes. ZOS just doesn't know when to leave things well enough alone.
    NA/PC
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is trash. They replaced useful cp, with a break free cost reduction which we already had, and a cp that is useless in pve, but cancerous in pvp. Really bad. I hope that they revert this, or at least compensate it with changes to some abilities.
    Without those two how are we supposed to sustain on a trial boss?? With 600 cp many classes drain 1600 magicka per second (mag dk, sorc and nightblade)! How are we supposed to sustain on a stam templar? These changes are ***. And you can tell that these changes were made purely for pvp, because only in pvp those 2 cp cause problems. Just separate the two already.
    Edited by JinMori on March 12, 2017 6:52PM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the senseless changes to proc set crits that made it to live, even despite the protest from PvE players, I'm not surprised about any "balancing" blunders from Z anymore.

Lowering the ceiling some more, Mr. Lambert? What about doing away with CP altogether already? THAT would show those end game players!
    Edited by Loc2262 on March 12, 2017 4:32PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you can do sustain builds with pure dps gear is kinda bad for itemization. You would still be able to build that way, you'd just have to use sets with regen on them. It's not that crazy, there should be a trade-off for unlimited sustain.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past year or so they have nerfed regen in various ways, now it seems they are going to lay a huge nerf on regen and probably won't compensate elsewhere.

Hate when they do such drastic changes to things that didn't need changing.

What happen to lower the ceiling and raise the floor. This doesn't seem like what is happening. Really wish another game would come along that would catch my interest. The pointless nerfs are getting out of hand. The ultimate cut in half was annoying, but now this is beyond just annoying. Play your game zos.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell Symmetry might be doing a comeback then :lol:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Amayna
    Amayna
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit is not happy about this!
  • Jaeme Diam
    Jaeme Diam
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous change. If it goes live it'll be my last straw.
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Spell Symmetry might be doing a comeback then :lol:

I was just thinking this lol. Gotta make some sacrifices
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Fake!
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just think of this zos: if everything is nerfed, nothing is nerfed in the end, BUT players will feel the decrease in power, and they will like it less, i mean who likes it when you get nerfed, not only that, it will make the game less fun, just imagine having to sit there spamming heavy attack because you drained all your resources (there is a reason why the wow team decided to give basically infinite resource), expect some people to leave if you go through with this.

On the other hand if everything is buffed, noting is, BUT player will feel the increase in power and they will probably like it more. Buffs>nerfs.
    Sitting there doing nothing is not fun.
    Edited by JinMori on March 12, 2017 4:49PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Unnecessary changes. All they'd need to do is tweak numbers in sets to make them more on par with others, bit instead we get things like this. I'm not the guy to freak out easily but what in hell....

Seriously. Stop nerfing things that don't need a nerf and buff things (SETS AND TRAITS in particular) that need them.
    Edited by Masel on March 12, 2017 4:49PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personnaly I like what I'm seeing.

Sure, it's not set in stone and is subject to change, but, these things are usually, actually, pretty, set in stone. I don't think we will see a return of reduced cost CP stars. But I'm certainly interested to see if there will be other changes made in other passives and abilities to compensate. Maybe reduce cost glyphs will get a buff?!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 12, 2017 5:06PM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sure, it's not set in stone and is subject to change, but, these things are usually, actually, pretty, set in stone. I don't think we will see a return of reduced cost CP stars. But I'm certainly interested to see if there will be other changes made in other passives and abilities to compensate. Maybe reduce cost glyphs will get a buff?!

What about pve? No one use those glyphs.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you like what you are seeing even with no clue whether anything will be buffed to compensate? With zos we have no way of knowing what they are up to. It would not be outside the realm of possibilities that instead of getting buffs to compensate we just see more nerfs.

Such drastic changes at once are never a good idea.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

What about pve? No one use those glyphs.

You may have to now. MMOs are always changing and you have to adjust. So many players never played when there was no CP. You have to change your gear to get more sustain. I think the amount of sustain and damage combo you cant get is out of hand. There is no trade off, you can have it all which imo isnt a good thing. I know some people want to keep getting buffed but when does that stop? It has to at some point cause people are just becoming so powerful. Single player game, then that is ok but personally i dont think it is for MMOs.
    Edited by flguy147ub17_ESO on March 12, 2017 4:55PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Just think of this zos: if everything is nerfed, nothing is nerfed in the end, BUT players will feel the decrease in power, and they will like it less, i mean who likes it when you get nerfed, not only that, it will make the game less fun, just imagine having to sit there spamming heavy attack because you drained all your resources (there is a reason why the wow team decided to give basically infinite resource), expect some people to leave if you go through with this.

On the other hand if everything is buffed, noting is, BUT player will feel the increase in power and they will probably like it more. Buffs>nerfs.
    Sitting there doing nothing is not fun.

In PvP this can be said, in PvE it is not accurate to say if every player is nerfed that in the end nothing is nerfed for obvious reasons.