Maintenance for the week of June 26:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – June 26, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 26, 3:00PM EDT (19:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC)

Morrowind...and ESO+

• nick_dean14
    nick_dean14
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Whilst in this instance I think the price is reasonable for a one-off upgrade, given that it is the first time in basically 2 years since release on console. But how do we know that future 'DLC' that had been included in our monthly subscriptions won't all of a sudden start to be renamed as 'expansions'?

It sets a precedent that could mean the one of the main perks of subscribing is being taken away, or at least reduced if 'expansions' take up more of the release cycle that would have previously been dedicated to DLC.

They will be Morrowind dlc's, so they will require Morrowind and eco +. This will work for 3 or 4 dlc releases, then chapter 3 will come out, requiring another $$ upgrade.
    I'd be inclined to agree, and I really hope that this would be the case. But you're saying that with a lot of conviction for what is essentially a blind guess.
    Guildmaster of Tamriel Trials Team. A PvE focused dungeons and trials guild on the PS4 EU server.
    Check out our thread if you're interested in joining!
  • JakelDK
    JakelDK
    ✭✭✭
    i am and eso+ member and have no problem paying for this EXPANSION:) morrowind man!! can i upgrade on xbox already? or only pc?
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's unfortunate they changed their policy for subscribers with access to all content . They've never done that before since B2P change . Thieves guild , Orsinium and Dark Brotherehood were all accessible through subscription . I imagine subscribers are feeling confused about now . What exactly does a subscription cover anymore and is it worth subscribing .

I think once you buy the base Morrowwind pack, any future DLC (like Clockwork City) will be accessible in full to ESO+ subscribers. There may be more.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    mvffins wrote: »
    Only 30hrs of quest content.

You heard that too.

Well, now Gina's floating more stuff for subscribers up above. So that's good. I'll put down my pick in the salt mines till tomorrow.

Just playing the guessing game here, but I'd bet the warden class is the Q2/2017 update, included with ESO+ or purchasable in crowns. Everything else (zone, trial, battelfield) will require the separate purchase of Morrowind.

• Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Wasn't Orsinium packaged as "20 hrs of content"? And that was Down Loadable Content. (DLC)
    They just said on Twitch the Morrowind will be "30 hrs of content".

I'm a little confused that 1.5 'DLCs' warrant the title Expansion (which should really fall under the umbrella of DLC), maybe there's something I'm missing. I'm fine with there being Expansions, just seems on the face of it that '30 hr of game play' quote from Rich seems a little light on for one.

I think he means 30 hours of the story line. not 30 hours total.
  • Vendrath
    Vendrath
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an ESO+ member and I have pre-ordered. This is much more than just a DLC
  • DanTeales_Inferno
    DanTeales_Inferno
    ✭✭✭
    Theyve just lost a lot of subs for the next 6 months. As an ESO+ pvper this is a pretty big slap in the face.

I subbed for three months at the start of December.
    Based on what I just saw I will be subbing for at least another 3 months AND I will buy Morrowind.

Up until the last 6 or 7 years the entire MMORPG industry was based on you:
    a) buying the game.
    b) buying a monthly subscription.
    c) buying expacs when significant new content was added.

In general the quality and reliability of the content was better then than it is now.

All The Best

I have played almost exclusively pvp since this game launched and have stuck with them through sub and ESO +, got access to content i didnt particularly want, but supported them anyway in the hope of a pvp update. Now one comes along and I have to pay extra.
    Thoros of Leeds - VR14 Templar

• BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭
    People act like sub only gives you dlc and craft bag. It also gives you the same $15 worth of crowns. I understand being disappointed by not having dlc for the last several months, but this next "expansion" shouldn't be factored into your complaints. I canceled my sub a while ago when I didn't care about other dlc's. I used my crowns to buy the dlc's I enjoyed. ZOS didn't play you by making this expansion unavailable to subs. They've been playing you by having you sub while not spitting out dlc every quarter.

I think the expansion theme is fine, as long as it has enough content for all aspects, including bg.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TreeHugger1
    TreeHugger1
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Personally as someone who already bought 2 dlcs(before the 4 dlcs mega pack) I find it very expensive to buy the rest of the them and also the new expansion separately , I would love if you will offer a fair deal to buy them.
    I assume there are many more people who compromised and bought only part of your b2p content and due to the amount of new content you added are now willing to buy what's remained.
    Obviously this is just a suggestion though I'm afraid many people including me will miss many of your finest b2p content and you will lose our money:(
    Edited by TreeHugger1 on January 31, 2017 8:17PM
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno do you know, will there be a crown store option to buy Morrowind?
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg kids. Long before companies were releasing unfinished products every two years and tossing out "DLC" every 4 to 6 months with bite sized content. There was such a thing called Expansion Packs. The Original Ghost Recon released two Expansion Packs called Desert Siege & Island Thunder. They were both equal to the size of the original game. Wrothgar was a bite sized DLC. Morrowind will be an eight course meal.

DLC and Expansion packs are NOT the same. You subscribed for access to DLC, an exact monthly flow of crowns as is priced the same as one time crown packs. 10% XP increase, plus unlimited STORAGE for mats. Seriously! You GOT what you paid for yet now you feel entitled? To me the sub is a waste of money, other than the craft bag but I manage my storage accordingly.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I want to pay $40. With the Crowns that I already paid cold hard cash for. I pay cold hard cash for Crowns but now need to pay *more* cold hard cash for Morrowind? That is not entitlement. That is expecting my money spent to actually be worth something.

Erm no.

In buying Crowns you converted a Universal Currency into an Non-Universal Currency.
    Thereby limiting its buying scope.

Your money is so spent is still worth something, it just can't buy everything.

And that is why the only Crowns I will ever have are the ones that come with a Subscription.

All The Best
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.

All Aboard The Skooma Express
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    That's unfortunate they changed their policy for subscribers with access to all content . They've never done that before since B2P change . Thieves guild , Orsinium and Dark Brotherehood were all accessible through subscription . I imagine subscribers are feeling confused about now . What exactly does a subscription cover anymore and is it worth subscribing .

I think once you buy the base Morrowwind pack, any future DLC (like Clockwork City) will be accessible in full to ESO+ subscribers. There may be more.

That would've been nice if they had said that . I'm personally not complaining as I have been wanting content for a long time and do not mind tossing money at content but they should let subscribers know if this is true .
    Fusozay Var Var .
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is WORTH the money to me.. if you've been playing ESO for 2 years non stop with ESO plus you should have enough crowns to buy the expansion unless you've blown them all on crown crates. I am sitting on like 20k crowns right now..
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer│The Flawless Conqueror│Former Emperor
    Magicka Dragonknight│Magicka Sorcerer│Stamina Nightblade│Stamina Sorcerer│Heals Like Jesus│Stamina Templar

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I suppose it was too much to expect everyone to welcome such a major addition to the game like this.

"Waarrgghh! I'm quitting because there's no new content!" quickly becomes "Waarrgghh! I'm quitting because there's new content and I've got to pay for it!"

Personally, I think it's great news and I'm looking forward to it.

Or

Wwaaarrrggghhh! no new content, what am I paying for!?

And

Waaaarrrggghhhhhh! New content and I have to pay for it again?