The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Morrowind...and ESO+

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).

Okay... I've been expecting this :(
    But... we were promised 4 DLC (or "major updates") / year ... are we still getting a DLC or a major update in Q2/2017, separate from "Morrowind" and included with ESO+ or purchasable in crowns - or even free, like Homestead ?

Good questions. We'll be getting into this more tomorrow - stay tuned for an article on our website that should give some insight.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Evangele
    Evangele
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile almost every other mmo charges for expansions on top of their sub fee AND DLC and store purchases. This isn't small DLC, and I think getting all the DLC free with a sub is pretty damn good, not to mention getting crowns every month for stuff to buy in the crown store.

I am more than willing to pay for a FULL EXPANSION. If we want quality content put out in expansions that are large and full conceptualized it needs to be paid for. $40 is literally nothing.

I plan on ordering collector's edition and continuing to support a game that constantly seems to listen to what it's player base is talking about and work towards bettering itself since release.

Bravo, I'm very excited :)
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    lmao why do ESO+ members who pay a few bucks a month think they're entitled to the world?

Get in line and pay the $40 for the expansion

Because they promised that any additional DLC would be for free. Now, you can just rename it "expansion" to get away with charging more.

But they were SO ADORABLE in the video talking "well, we don't like to call it an expansion really..."
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Martan wrote: »
    I don't see the problem here. World of Warcraft among other MMORPG's requires you to purchase all new expansions along with paying a non-mandatory monthly fee.

What's the difference between an "expansion" and a DLC zone like Orsinium which also included, if you recall, a unique to MMOs solo raid.

This is about as much quest content as Orsinium (maybe even less) a core, much talked about game feature they could have released as part of any update, Battlegrounds, a "new" old class from beta and a raid.

Please explain to me why this deserves the label "expansion" and $40 more.

That's it! My thoughts exactly.
    Edited by FlaviusVoyage on January 31, 2017 7:52PM
  • Frondale
    Frondale
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    When you want to play Morrowind you need to buy it. ESO+ won't give you access to it.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/preorder

Sounds good to me - subbed since day one.

ready to pre-order now.

and i am assuming there will be benefits for subbing which apply in morrowwind - like getting their dlcs for free. so my subscription will still benefit me but not give me an entire new game for free.

Also Subbed since day one. Have also pre ordered my upgrade collectors edition. Looking forward to this very much.

I believe the DLC's added onto this expansion will be ESO plus covered as per usual.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to save crowns for Vvardenfell but I guess I'm cancelling ESO+. :(
    Edited by Loves_guars on January 31, 2017 7:50PM
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭
    aelurosa wrote: »
    Call it what you will, expansion, chapter or whatever esle, it's still DLC... I sub to have access to DLC. No access to content means no sub. Simple.

Agree!!
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    a reminder. $15 a month doesn't just get you a crafting bag, it buys you $15 worth of crowns ffs.
    also a reminder. you do not need to be subscribed to play. if you wish to buy things piecemeal? including crowns? YOU HAVE THAT OPTION.

$40 for a giant upgrade is incredibly fair. hell... I paid more than that for WoW Legion and in that game i HAVE to subscribe just to play and get no additional perks for my $15 a month, just acess alone.

christ, people.

I love the "OMG You get this stuff, why are you upset that you no longer get this other stuff that you were promised" take. I never get tired of it. Bring me 10 more pages of thread full of them!
  • mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    Only 30hrs of quest content.
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    lmao why do ESO+ members who pay a few bucks a month think they're entitled to the world?

Because they promised that any additional DLC would be for free. Now, you can just rename it "expansion" to get away with charging more.

But they were SO ADORABLE in the video talking "well, we don't like to call it an expansion really..."

LOL
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my hype train just crashed...

failroad.jpg
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kendo12
    Kendo12
    ✭✭✭
    nickg420 wrote: »
    The only positive I can say is at least I get some nifty little toys for my $40 I guess...

The physical stuff? Thats gonna cost you more..
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for Wardens to be locked behind the expansion, being OP, and then it completely dominating over people because of the track record of 'balancing'. I suppose a GL; HF is in order.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I want the Collectors Edition with all the physical goodies, I have to purchase the full kit which comes with the base game that I already have. Does that mean I will also have to purchase a separate morrowind upgrade for my main account? Or can I apply the physical collectors edition to my current account and end up wasting the base game that comes with the CE?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mvffins wrote: »
    Only 30hrs of quest content.

You heard that too.

Well, now Gina's floating more stuff for subscribers up above. So that's good. I'll put down my pick in the salt mines till tomorrow.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

LOL@ ^This. They know there must be a large percentage of ESO+ members who are right fuming now. I've subbed since launch and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I can understand why people are annoyed though.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on January 31, 2017 7:53PM
  • Martan
    Martan
    ✭✭✭
    Martan wrote: »
    I don't see the problem here. World of Warcraft among other MMORPG's requires you to purchase all new expansions along with paying a non-mandatory monthly fee.

What's the difference between an "expansion" and a DLC zone like Orsinium which also included, if you recall, a unique to MMOs solo raid.

This is about as much quest content as Orsinium (maybe even less) a core, much talked about game feature they could have released as part of any update, Battlegrounds, a "new" old class from beta and a raid.

Please explain to me why this deserves the label "expansion" and $40 more.

To me this seems like an entire new area that in itself will contain multiple zones in the future. What gives me this feeling is the fact that just a part of Clockwork city will be included. And content-wise we know nothing for sure. This could be a lot bigger than Orsinium. Either way I don't really care. I purchase all DLCs from the Crown Store along with my sub.
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I certainly will be getting it next month... too late this month to order it :)

and as I see it as an expension, I honestly don't expect it to be given free to eso+... I also have no problems with that, but that's me *shrugs*
    Edited by Kazya on January 31, 2017 7:54PM
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there an option to buy it with Crowns? I specifically bough a pack of crowns to pay for the Q2 DLC.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all future dlc's will be part of morrowind dlc's, and won't be included with eso + original. Come on ZOS, stop being "that business guy". How long until chapter 3 comes out,?
  • Dr_Resilient
    Dr_Resilient
    ✭✭✭
    *grabs popcorn*
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    It better be as big as they say..but looking at the leaked map, it's just a little bit bigger than Wrothgar....http://i.imgur.com/hdoC9Vi.jpg
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree, ESO+ should include the base DLC (as it's advertised), I think many of us started to realize this was going to be outside the scope. The ESO+ value will always be with 1500 crowns and the crafting bags though.
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so people subbed because they believed they would get all content.

Now you introduce Chapters instead of DLCs and rip them off. Seems legit.

P.S. I'm not subbed, just don't think this is right.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evangele wrote: »
    Meanwhile almost every other mmo charges for expansions on top of their sub fee AND DLC and store purchases. This isn't small DLC, and I think getting all the DLC free with a sub is pretty damn good, not to mention getting crowns every month for stuff to buy in the crown store.

I am more than willing to pay for a FULL EXPANSION. If we want quality content put out in expansions that are large and full conceptualized it needs to be paid for. $40 is literally nothing.

I plan on ordering collector's edition and continuing to support a game that constantly seems to listen to what it's player base is talking about and work towards bettering itself since release.

Bravo, I'm very excited :)

It is irrelevant. You say one thing and do another. When I signed up for my sub I did so with the understanding that I would have access to future content released.

Even they don't want to call it an expansion as was said in the stream. But they are doing so solely to cheat people out of money.

And those saying am entire new game? The base game they said had 300+ hours, while this is only 30.

So no this is no where near an entire new game. No matter how you try to spin this it looks like crap from every side.

Change the name of your dlc to expansion even though you don't llike calling it an expansion but do so to cheat people. Now that is shady.
    Edited by alexkdd99 on January 31, 2017 7:59PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *grabs popcorn*

there will be plenty of salt to put on it....
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).

What about crown store?

100% sure they will not put it in crown store to prevent people from saving up crowns from subscription to buy it.
    I will just cancel my sub for few months. Same thing.
    Edited by Surgee on January 31, 2017 7:58PM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because we are, you skint gypsy. x
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • nick_dean14
    nick_dean14
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst in this instance I think the price is reasonable for a one-off upgrade, given that it is the first time in basically 2 years since release on console. But how do we know that future 'DLC' that had been included in our monthly subscriptions won't all of a sudden start to be renamed as 'expansions'?

It sets a precedent that could mean the one of the main perks of subscribing is being taken away, or at least reduced if 'expansions' take up more of the release cycle that would have previously been dedicated to DLC.
    Guildmaster of Tamriel Trials Team. A PvE focused dungeons and trials guild on the PS4 EU server.
    Check out our thread if you're interested in joining!