The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cheating and Exploits

• Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    If is hard fix old problems, like LAG, infinite load screen, etc...cant imagine 'cheaters', 'exploit', etc... (and ZOS accept some addons...).

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw this. Finally this underhanded bs addon will be dying.
    Is this true (@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno) or deception

This is the final version of Miat's PVP Alerts. Since the upcoming changes in the 'Homestead' dlc will essentially disable 90% of this addon's features, this addon will not be developed anymore.
  • jimshrum3b14_ESO
    Saw this. Finally this underhanded bs addon will be dying.
    Is this true (@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_GinaBruno) or deception

This is the final version of Miat's PVP Alerts. Since the upcoming changes in the 'Homestead' dlc will essentially disable 90% of this addon's features, this addon will not be developed anymore.

NOOOOOOO!
  • letsdothedungeonslow
    Before I moved from the UK to the USA, Iluvamir Dolmen and a dozen other spots had 25 players camping and rubber-banded destro staffs pointed at the spawn points, and despite sending ZOS screenies and even videos they just sent automatic responses saying they were looking into it. But guess what, several weeks later these knob ends were still at it!

Not sure if this is still going on, but I'm getting more than a little bit miffed about playing a game administered by a company that appears not to want to fix the bugs or punish cheaters, but just to exploit gambling addicts and wannabe interior decorators with new gimmicks.

:(:(:(:(:(
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cerbolt wrote: »
    I've been spotting more and more people camping around anchors only doing heavy staff attacks lately. It's killing my fps. I've reported some of them but I just get told to tell Sony or add them to ignore which wouldn't help even if I was on PC. I'm not sure what you call them ...exp farmers? Bots? I don't know but they're getting annoying.

Below are all from vulkal guard anchor since lots of them are there every day. All of them continue to hold down heavy attacks even when the anchor drops.

2qv5utz.jpg
    hvs4dj.jpg

Edit: Brighter pic
    2m4ozva.jpg

on console. i see it all the time. they rubber band the trigger. must be exp farming since they cant auto loot
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I report players on PS4 who are share-playing VMA (account sharing)? People who can't complete the content, should not have the weapon!

Pffft get a life and leave people alone. Report for share playing? Hahah jesus
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting old trying to down a templar or DK (*ahem* Draconis) while there's 5-10 people on them dropping ults and their health hardly moves.......

Sorcs do it better. :wink: /flex
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    Over the weekend I was involved in a Cyrodil skirmish at the milegate north of Nickel. I was shooting from the top of the gate down at another player. I then watched incredulously as that player jumped from ground level, up onto the gate right next to me.I quite sure there must have been a dozen witnesses of this.

The thing is, not only are these people cheating, but they are now doing it openly, without fear of reprisal. It's almost become like Antisocial Behaviour Orders (ASBOs) were in the UK a few years ago, where people would deliberately go out of their way to get one, just so they could be as cool as their mates. A 'badge of honour' if you will.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah PVP is riddled with cheaters. PC NA, on Haderus, there's a well known PVPer that's a youtuber and forum popular, not gonna name them or say their alliance, but they've been exploiting into keeps without flagging them and taking the keep with 1 or 2 people, and they've been seen doing this, and people are also map-teleporting using cheat engine. It's really disheartening.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are getting close to the 1 year anniversary of the fallout with CE, and absolutely nothing has been done.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really believe that this thread was created solely with the purpose to minimize spread on the forums. Its been months since anyone seems to have taken any notice on what's posted.
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resume of this topic:

ZOS dont care!
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    We are getting close to the 1 year anniversary of the fallout with CE, and absolutely nothing has been done.

Your max health, magicka and stamina, resource pools, recovery values, damage numbers, ultimate, and every other stat you see in your character sheet are on the server side of the gameplay.

The guy on the previous page is wrong. His friend can try to increase his max health value to 100K all he wants, he'll still die when his original health value is gone. He can increase his max stamina locally to 300K, his attacks are still going to hit as if he had 30K, and his abilities are going to stop working when his stamina bar is 90% depleted. He can freeze his ultimate value, but all he'd be doing is trick his client. The only thing he would be doing is make it harder to know when his ultimate is back up, because that value is on the server side too.

CE is not the big problem some people are making it out to be. ZOS made the game stop trusting the client for the values that were causing the biggest issues a long time ago now.

Source: I read
    Edited by Isbilen on January 24, 2017 3:38AM
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a certain morbid curiosity: how much does it cost to defraud something? Do those who cheat win some real money? Are not we talking about something well organized, that yields profits to someone? I do not know, I understand little of programming, but it seems that it must have some cost to defraud a company as well insured as Zenimax.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »

Your max health, magicka and stamina, resource pools, recovery values, damage numbers, ultimate, and every other stat you see in your character sheet are on the server side of the gameplay.

The guy on the previous page is wrong. His friend can try to increase his max health value to 100K all he wants, he'll still die when his original health value is gone. He can increase his max stamina locally to 300K, his attacks are still going to hit as if he had 30K, and his abilities are going to stop working when his stamina bar is 90% depleted. He can freeze his ultimate value, but all he'd be doing is trick his client. The only thing he would be doing is make it harder to know when his ultimate is back up, because that value is on the server side too.

CE is not the big problem some people are making it out to be. ZOS made the game stop trusting the client for the values that were causing the biggest issues a long time ago now.

Lol Maybe you missed Zazeer's videos . Mario jumping around Cyrodiil , Flying , Unlimited ultimates ... Maybe some people know how to use CE better then others .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucv5uUsxorA
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on January 24, 2017 1:21PM
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol Maybe you missed Zazeer's videos . Mario jumping around Cyrodiil , Flying , Unlimited ultimates ... Maybe some people know how to use CE better then others .

Maybe you should finish reading my post. "ZOS made the game stop trusting the client for the values that were causing the biggest issues a long time ago now." That is an old video. Go ahead and mess with your ultimate value and see for yourself if you don't believe me. Every ultimate button press requests the value from the server now. Try increasing your movement speed and watch yourself get auto-banned.
    Edited by Isbilen on January 24, 2017 5:07PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every ultimate button press requests the value from the server now.

Is this why sometimes the ultimate and potion buttons feel a bit unresponsive in the middle of a battle now compared to a few months ago?
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on January 24, 2017 9:26PM
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do I report players on PS4 who are share-playing VMA (account sharing)? People who can't complete the content, should not have the weapon!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question is, why cheaters try to 'explain' the cheater?
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Share Play is allowed... https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29580
    And that type of play(completing content you can't do yourself) is one of the key selling points of Share Play.

I think ZOS allowing this has more to do with contractual obligations than with developer intentions.

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭

[...]

@Isbilen
    Interesting, could you pls give us some links to where you read about it?
    Is this was confirmed by developers?
    That would be great news if its true

@Wolfkeks
    Do you have maybe screenshots where your friend going lower with HP?
    Consider rest of the stats and attributes distribution i assume he should have smth around 30-35k HP.

Edited by bitels on January 26, 2017 5:55AM
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ This - maybe we need Zazeer back to help get 2mundus fixed!!! that would be 2rumundus...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you should finish reading my post. "ZOS made the game stop trusting the client for the values that were causing the biggest issues a long time ago now." That is an old video. Go ahead and mess with your ultimate value and see for yourself if you don't believe me. Every ultimate button press requests the value from the server now. Try increasing your movement speed and watch yourself get auto-banned.

Maybe , I would not know as I've never tried an exploit or used a third party program . I was told there was a new version of CE with a working work around . I gave up caring after watching everyone return from prior bans . I walk into Cyrodiil knowing the risks and as a player with no control over cheating .

My confidence in ZOS's CE dedication is about as high as my confidence in politics .
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please point to the documentation which states this?

>> Source: I read:: you read, we read
    So where can this be read ?
  • Criminal_Scum
    Criminal_Scum
    Soul Shriven
    @Isbilen you lied
    i just read some forums in the internet and CE still working and values are client side and still without server checks or trust
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just what we can expect from ZOS.

When poop got ugly, they quickly put a lid on it by creating this thread to police the forums.

As long as it was quiet, it could stay pinned on top.

As soon as exploits started happening again, and people came here to complain...
    What do they do?

They unpin it so it would get lost and forgotten.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just what we can expect from ZOS.

When poop got ugly, they quickly put a lid on it by creating this thread to police the forums.

As long as it was quiet, it could stay pinned on top.

As soon as exploits started happening again, and people came here to complain...
    What do they do?

They unpin it so it would get lost and forgotten.

No, it's still pinned to the General ESO Discussion section.
  • Trottz
    Trottz
    ✭✭✭

what the bloot clot are you defending? this game is just a broken exploit race. what the fudge, man. what the fudge. sad to see cyro as the vain kindergarten it is.
    Trist'is and Krahl, a.D.

“Show me a mortal who is not pursued, and I’ll show you a corpse. Every hunter is hunted, every mind that knows itself has stalkers. We drive and are driven. The unknown pursues the ignorant, the truth assails every scholar wise enough to know his ignorance, for that is the meaning of unknowable truths.”
  • Trottz
    Trottz
    ✭✭✭
    dare and speak some real truth. i know u can.
    Trist'is and Krahl, a.D.

“Show me a mortal who is not pursued, and I’ll show you a corpse. Every hunter is hunted, every mind that knows itself has stalkers. We drive and are driven. The unknown pursues the ignorant, the truth assails every scholar wise enough to know his ignorance, for that is the meaning of unknowable truths.”
  • Trottz
    Trottz
    ✭✭✭
    and volks juctify every little shizzle. scapegoats everywhere with cancer as cream of the crops. what the hell? get outside and breath some real polluted life. what the bloody hell people. get some integrity. manage your hate. manage your envy. we're in this together. giving a fudge is as easy as eating a burger. get a grip. every single one can make a difference. being stupid and givin in to easy awnsers won't bring back what once loved and lost. get a grip dollies.
    Trist'is and Krahl, a.D.

This discussion has been closed.