The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience!

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

  • TotallyNotVos
    TotallyNotVos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent changes, but it annoys me to see so much ignorance when it comes to PvE balancing. Nightblade still remains the worst, and you decide to nerf it in wierd ways, I guess the nerfs are according to PvP, but still. I'd understand if you'd want to nerf raid dps as a whole, but why do you then end up in buffing magicka sorc and magicka dk, with changes that seems to impact PVE solely.

    Anyways, nice updates. Hoped for some more balance, but this time I expected nothing less from you ZoS ^^

    Time to close my nightblade threads and give up on this hopeless class as everyone else has been doing, I thought you were gonna make it ok at best, but now it's just lightly put a pile of horseshit.

    Wut? Sorcs got buffed in PvE? If loosing 42% of damage per cast on Curse is a buff to you, then what's a nerf?!

    The ancient knowledge passive and scalding rune buff has buffed sorc considerably, assuming the passive works as it reads. Those should easily outweigh the crit damage loss on ilambris and losing curse.

    Not to mention the aoe cap change is going to drastically increase aoe dps in trials
    Edited by TotallyNotVos on January 4, 2017 3:38PM
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

    Head of The Council of Raiders

    First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

    World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

    All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamps will rise all across Tamriel
    >:)
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Find Canthion the Housing Broker to acquire a quest that grants you a free apartment.

    Canthion the Housing Broker can be found within the banks of Daggerfall City, Davon's Watch, or Vulkhel Guard, depending on your alliance. If you want a free apartment – highly recommended! – talk to him, and he will bestow the quest.

    Completion of this quest awards a small inn-room located in the zone associated with your alliance.
    Afterwards, you may purchase the other inn rooms for a nominal fee or can repeat the quest on another character in a different alliance to acquire the other rooms.

    List of Homes/Staple Homes:
    Inns ((I'm guessing these "rooms" will be the "free apartment" related to the Housing Broker quest since there is no pricing listed here?))
    Mara's Kiss Public House: As the least restricted seaport in the Summerset Isles, Vulkhel Guard has visitors from across Tamriel—and you're likely to meet most of them hoisting a mug at the Mara's Kiss Pub.
    The Ebony Flask Inn Room: The Dark Elves may not worship Dibella, but down at the cornerclubs they show that they still know how to have a good time—in their own special way.
    The Rosy Lion: This inn has always had the reputation of being the safest place in Daggerfall for common citizens in search of illicit services to meet their shadier counterparts.

    Apartments
    Barbed Hook Private Room, 11,000 gold: Like every busy port, Skywatch has a seamy underside. A private room at the Barbed Hook offers easy access to the criminal classes—and a quick escape from the nearby docks.
    Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret, 13,000 gold: Even if you don't personally have a taste for the famous fire-pit dancing at the Flaming Nix, you have to admit it adds a certain cachet to having a room there. Not to mention an unusual fragrance.
    Sisters of the Sands Apartment, 12,000 gold: In Sentinel, the best way to hide out in plain sight is with a private room in the Sisters of the Sands, the town's largest inn. It also has the best food in the city, and is the place King Fahara'jad sends to for take-out.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »
    Witar wrote: »
    Hey guys. How much crowns will the manors costs? Gold pricing is kind of high, maybe it will be easier to get those for crowns.

    This is why we can't have nice things.

    Crowns are real money and profits for em so it will be high.
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »
    Witar wrote: »
    Hey guys. How much crowns will the manors costs? Gold pricing is kind of high, maybe it will be easier to get those for crowns.

    This is why we can't have nice things.

    Crowns are real money and profits for em so it will be high.

    Well it's only understandable. I don't know what gold sells for, illegally for cash but I'd imagine almost four million gold would be worth a pretty penny. I'll actually go have a look.
    Most known on PC EU server as The Samurai Pizza Cat.
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »
    Witar wrote: »
    Hey guys. How much crowns will the manors costs? Gold pricing is kind of high, maybe it will be easier to get those for crowns.

    This is why we can't have nice things.

    Crowns are real money and profits for em so it will be high.

    I was alluding to the "screw playing the game, I've got money" mentality.
    I'm a paying customer. Treat me like one.
    Facefister wrote: »
    When the content lacks, implement some mindless, long grind.
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    @Krainor1974 just had a look. You're talking $450 for 4 million gold. Plus there's the furnished option too.
    Most known on PC EU server as The Samurai Pizza Cat.
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty bitter than instead of fixing clouding swarm (as requested through multiple iterations of the PTS - and I think someone from ZOS said they had a fix planned with this update), ZOS just gave up and made it a different skill. Thanks?
    Edited by Adenoma on January 4, 2017 4:31PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    Dymence wrote: »
    Pretty satisfied with overall changes, looks like a pretty interesting balance patch. Don't know why people are throwing such a fuss. Most of the posters seem to have no clue whatsoever...

    Bit sad for the nightblades though, but oh well.

    And what class do you main?

    Sorc

    Are u sure u play teso...can it be another game something
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • fritzOSU03
    fritzOSU03
    ✭✭✭
    • Item Set procs which deal damage or healing can no longer Critically Strike.

    I get that this will provide more balance in Cyrodiil but removing this feature from PvE outside of Cyrodiil is completely unnecessary.

    Honestly, I see more nerfs to magicka users than buffs which only adds to the DPS gap. Did nobody honestly think to make two-handed weapons count for two pieces toward set bonuses? We know this concept is recognized at ZOS because the damage and traits listed for dual-wield items are half of that found on a two-handed weapon. If you want to provide more balance between stamina and magicka users, that's a perfect place to start.

    Dragonknight
    • Standard of Might (Dragonknight Standard morph): This morph now increases your damage done and decreases your damage taken by 12/13/14/15% while standing inside the standard, down from 17/18/19/20%.
    Templar
    • Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): Increased the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 6 seconds, causing it to tick damage an additional 2 times; however, it no longer stuns the enemy when it first hits them.
    • Radiant Destruction: Decreased the damage from this ability and its morphs by approximately 21%.
    Weapon
    • Bow
      • Adjusted the order of the Active Abilities in this skill line. They now unlock in the following order:
        • Snipe
        • Volley
        • Magnum Shot
        • Arrow Spray
        • Poison Arrow

    Have you all lost your minds? Why nerf standard, remove the templar interrupt, and nerf radiant destruction?! This has no benefit in PvE and shouldn't have been done solely for PvP. And speaking of PvP, putting snipe as the first unlock on the list?! That should make the non-vet campaign absolutely awful...

    On a side note, I want a full-size mammoth mount that I can dye at the dye station. Thanks.
    ┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
    Urich - AD StamDK, Midaves - AD MagDK, Delphine San - AD Magplar
    Dr Roddard Masterton - AD Magplar, Mojeld - AD TankDK, Cecilia Grayal - AD MagSorc
    └─────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
    Add-On Author
    Urich's Skill Point FinderUrich's Craftbag ViewerUrich's Coffer TimerUrich's Hireling Timer
    Not a fan of tinfoil hats...
  • TotallyNotVos
    TotallyNotVos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    Dymence wrote: »
    Dymence wrote: »
    Pretty satisfied with overall changes, looks like a pretty interesting balance patch. Don't know why people are throwing such a fuss. Most of the posters seem to have no clue whatsoever...

    Bit sad for the nightblades though, but oh well.

    And what class do you main?

    Sorc

    Are u sure u play teso...can it be another game something

    As I said in a previous comment. Sorc is getting buffed this update for pve. Everyone saying dps is going down has no idea what they're talking about.

    Ancient knowledge is ridiculously strong. Combine that with the aoe cap change and scalding rune buff. Not to mention 39 more cp. Raid dps is going to increase.

    Nb even got a slight buff. The only Magicka class that got hurt is magplar
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

    Head of The Council of Raiders

    First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

    World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

    All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

  • TotallyNotVos
    TotallyNotVos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fritzOSU03 wrote: »
    • Item Set procs which deal damage or healing can no longer Critically Strike.

    I get that this will provide more balance in Cyrodiil but removing this feature from PvE outside of Cyrodiil is completely unnecessary.

    Honestly, I see more nerfs to magicka users than buffs which only adds to the DPS gap. Did nobody honestly think to make two-handed weapons count for two pieces toward set bonuses? We know this concept is recognized at ZOS because the damage and traits listed for dual-wield items are half of that found on a two-handed weapon. If you want to provide more balance between stamina and magicka users, that's a perfect place to start.

    Dragonknight
    • Standard of Might (Dragonknight Standard morph): This morph now increases your damage done and decreases your damage taken by 12/13/14/15% while standing inside the standard, down from 17/18/19/20%.
    Templar
    • Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): Increased the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 6 seconds, causing it to tick damage an additional 2 times; however, it no longer stuns the enemy when it first hits them.
    • Radiant Destruction: Decreased the damage from this ability and its morphs by approximately 21%.
    Weapon
    • Bow
      • Adjusted the order of the Active Abilities in this skill line. They now unlock in the following order:
        • Snipe
        • Volley
        • Magnum Shot
        • Arrow Spray
        • Poison Arrow

    Have you all lost your minds? Why nerf standard, remove the templar interrupt, and nerf radiant destruction?! This has no benefit in PvE and shouldn't have been done solely for PvP. And speaking of PvP, putting snipe as the first unlock on the list?! That should make the non-vet campaign absolutely awful...

    On a side note, I want a full-size mammoth mount that I can dye at the dye station. Thanks.

    Everyone is completely ignoring the aoe cap change and new destro passive.

    Raid dps is going to increase. The only magicka class getting hurt is magplar potentially.
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

    Head of The Council of Raiders

    First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

    World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

    All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know the max amount of players allowed inside the largest houses?
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Anyone know the max amount of players allowed inside the largest houses?

    The manors had better allow a lot of players because these are likely to be used as guild houses, and guilds can have 500 people in them. Naturally, not all of them will be online at the same time, but still...
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 311, so far!

  • Paulington
    Paulington
    Community Ambassador
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Anyone know the max amount of players allowed inside the largest houses?

    I vaguely recall a dev mentioning twenty-four people at one point however that was a little while ago and may well have changed. Perhaps one of them will chime in here before we get a chance to test it ourselves. :smile:.
  • fritzOSU03
    fritzOSU03
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is completely ignoring the aoe cap change and new destro passive.

    Raid dps is going to increase. The only magicka class getting hurt is magplar potentially.

    You're absolutely right because 1)there is no reference to what the current AoE caps are and 2)my main trial DPS character is a magplar where I can't use a destro staff on my front bar because I lose item set bonuses. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how much raid DPS actually changes. If it drops then maybe I'll need to make an ice staff tank...
    ┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
    Urich - AD StamDK, Midaves - AD MagDK, Delphine San - AD Magplar
    Dr Roddard Masterton - AD Magplar, Mojeld - AD TankDK, Cecilia Grayal - AD MagSorc
    └─────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
    Add-On Author
    Urich's Skill Point FinderUrich's Craftbag ViewerUrich's Coffer TimerUrich's Hireling Timer
    Not a fan of tinfoil hats...
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Anyone know the max amount of players allowed inside the largest houses?

    24 players in a Manor, plus yourself.

    orig-21209155.jpg

    Is there any chance of this being increased? I regularly host RP events that draw upwards of 50 players and was really hoping to use housing for my events. This is very disappointing. :(
    House Ravnore | NA/PC Imperial noble house & vampire coven, heavy RP guild
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • fritzOSU03
    fritzOSU03
    ✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Anyone know the max amount of players allowed inside the largest houses?

    24 players in a Manor, plus yourself.

    orig-21209155.jpg

    Is there any chance of this being increased? I regularly host RP events that draw upwards of 50 players and was really hoping to use housing for my events. This is very disappointing. :(

    This. Our GM was planning to buy all three manors for the guild.
    ┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
    Urich - AD StamDK, Midaves - AD MagDK, Delphine San - AD Magplar
    Dr Roddard Masterton - AD Magplar, Mojeld - AD TankDK, Cecilia Grayal - AD MagSorc
    └─────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
    Add-On Author
    Urich's Skill Point FinderUrich's Craftbag ViewerUrich's Coffer TimerUrich's Hireling Timer
    Not a fan of tinfoil hats...
  • TotallyNotVos
    TotallyNotVos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fritzOSU03 wrote: »
    Everyone is completely ignoring the aoe cap change and new destro passive.

    Raid dps is going to increase. The only magicka class getting hurt is magplar potentially.

    You're absolutely right because 1)there is no reference to what the current AoE caps are and 2)my main trial DPS character is a magplar where I can't use a destro staff on my front bar because I lose item set bonuses. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how much raid DPS actually changes. If it drops then maybe I'll need to make an ice staff tank...

    Targets 1 – 6: 100% damage taken with all secondary effects applied.
    Targets 7 – 24: 75% damage taken with no secondary effects applied (formerly 50% damage taken).
    Targets 25 – 60: 50% damage taken with no secondary effects applied (formerly 25% damage taken).

    The bracketed numbers are the current aoe caps. It's a significant buff
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

    Head of The Council of Raiders

    First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

    World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

    All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

  • LexrayEmberrr
    LexrayEmberrr
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

    What about the Large houses? Like, say, the Gardner house in Wayrest? :)
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should really stick to housing, motifs, clown crates, and crafting. That's what they seem to be good at.

    Gameplay wise, this patch is great if you want to play a pet sorc or a staff tank. Other than that, it's a big pile of suck.

    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

    My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We can invite all our Guildmates in our manor , right ? but only 24 people can be there at the same time? I'am right ?
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Anyone know the max amount of players allowed inside the largest houses?

    24 players in a Manor, plus yourself.

    orig-21209155.jpg

    Thank you Gina =D
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 seems like an EXTREMELY low cap. It's actually the lowest cap I've ever seen in a game with housing. Most allow at least 50, but many even go up to 75 or 100.

    Please consider increasing this! Homestead's biggest draw will be the social/RP crowd. 24 is very very small for a RP or social gathering, especially if we're also expected to use these for guild housing.
    House Ravnore | NA/PC Imperial noble house & vampire coven, heavy RP guild
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
Sign In or Register to comment.