The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• Opeline
    Opeline
    ✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked, but are there storage containers in owned houses/apartments?

As far as I have tested, (And it's extensively with the housing decorator) no.
    Why are you so afraid of what others are going to say about you? ***'em and feed'em fish eggs.

Champion Rank 561

Lillith Sohineh - Imperial Werewolf Healplar
    Sonja Gaercroft - Breton Healplar
    Casnia Nightthorn - Bosmer Werewolf Stamplar
    Elsynia - Bosmer Werewolf Stamknight
    Psythanna - Altmer Magiblade
    Llalayne - Dunmer MagiKnight

Aetherian Archive HM - √, Sanctum Ophidia HM - √, Hel Ra Citadel HM - √, Dragonstar Arena - √
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you *** serious?? How many people actually have 4m gold

I had just over 8 million until a few weeks ago, when I went on a spending spree with 1.5 million of it to buy up a bunch of missing motifs on my master crafter.
  • cwy
    cwy
    ✭✭
    I'm a stuck at the opening quest "A Friend in Need." I was told to acquire some furniture from a merchant indicated by the quest marker. I went there and bought a table and stool, but the quest wouldn't complete. What should I do to complete this quest so I can be taken to my home?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hist Bark: Fixed an issue where the Major Evasion proc granted by this item set could become permanently applied in rare circumstances.

By rare circumstances you mean exploited religiously by certain players I bet.

We want bans if that's the case. Permanent ones.

• Sonofbattles
    Sonofbattles
    Soul Shriven
    Raid dps is going up. Assuming that you don't run all stam builds and magplar

By all means @TotallyNotVos , please explain how raid DPS is going up with nerfs to class and weapon skill damage in most classes except magicka DK as well as crit damage boosting skill reductions, not to mention the loss of set proc crits as well as the inability to overlap magicka sustain skills because they all now give the same name debuffs instead of different skill name Debuffs.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. Boy am I sorry I read the entire thing.

But it's time to call a spade a spade.

The patch notes once again leave me completely underwhelmed and frustrated. I can, as I already have too many times over, rebuild and adjust my chars yet again to this latest round of nonsense if it all actually goes live....

....but I do wonder, what exactly is it going to take to get you all there to understand that balancing a PvE game around PvP problems DOES NOT WORK, any more than it does to try and balance PvP problems around PvE intended skills?

For that matter, what is it with you people at Zenimax and the INCESSANT OBSESSION with TWEAKING SKILLS THAT DID NOT NEED IT, for PETE'S SAKE???! Yes I used caps. Yes I am yelling that question. Yes I am being "rude."

We are WELL past the "early development of the game" and have seen several staffing changes to critical roles on the development team to boot and still you seem to again go about things in the same manner every time, showing little signs at all that your team has bothered to even try to learn anything from the previous work done by others before them let alone from the now absolutely massive amount of feedback you have to draw from in nigh 3 years of testing from your players. Yet THIS is where we are?? STILL??

Housing fluff be hanged. That is just a carrot long dangled to monetize the game and we are clear on that. Does little to address what should have long ago been addressed.

Really. frustrated.
  • Opeline
    Opeline
    ✭✭✭
    cwy wrote: »
    I'm a stuck at the opening quest "A Friend in Need." I was told to acquire some furniture from a merchant indicated by the quest marker. I went there and bought a table and stool, but the quest wouldn't complete. What should I do to complete this quest so I can be taken to my home?

Just go around the inn until you find the room, it will progress then. I had it happen to me in the Rosy Lion - the room is downstairs near the bar, if you are doing that one.

Why are you so afraid of what others are going to say about you? ***'em and feed'em fish eggs.

Champion Rank 561

Lillith Sohineh - Imperial Werewolf Healplar
    Sonja Gaercroft - Breton Healplar
    Casnia Nightthorn - Bosmer Werewolf Stamplar
    Elsynia - Bosmer Werewolf Stamknight
    Psythanna - Altmer Magiblade
    Llalayne - Dunmer MagiKnight

Aetherian Archive HM - √, Sanctum Ophidia HM - √, Hel Ra Citadel HM - √, Dragonstar Arena - √
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opeline wrote: »
    Since this update is all about housing and not really at all about balancing, I want to ask a question here about something highly important and relevant.

How in Mara's name do I set housing permissions. The only time I have even remotely done anything with them, it was to "copy" them from another house I purchased. Am I missing it? Do I need to be close to friends? Do I need to be near friends that I am grouped with? How on Nirn does this work?
    When you are in your house, bring up the housing editor, and then "browse". The rightmost tab (settings) has the permissions. Select "visitors", and then you can do "Add Player", and type in the account name and set the type of permissions (visitor, decorator).
    Edited by smacx250 on January 5, 2017 2:26AM
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the re-ordering of abilities in the skill lines like Bound Armour and Poison Arrow. I had already morphed them and got them to tier IV, but now they've been moved to the end of the skill line and I haven't got that far yet! :(

You'll get to keep the skill if you've already put skill points into it. I was worried about the same thing when they moved chains awhile back.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raid dps is going up. Assuming that you don't run all stam builds and magplar

By all means @TotallyNotVos , please explain how raid DPS is going up with nerfs to class and weapon skill damage in most classes except magicka DK as well as crit damage boosting skill reductions, not to mention the loss of set proc crits as well as the inability to overlap magicka sustain skills because they all now give the same name debuffs instead of different skill name Debuffs.

Because of the aoe cap change and the destro passives.

http://i.imgur.com/bew4fA4.png

And this parse was with scalding rune which is still trash. With curse this parse would have been 52kish
    Edited by Foxic on January 5, 2017 2:46AM
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    This patch is not real... I will wake up...and it won't be real
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Root of the problem is even more clear now. Remaining coders on the development team do not have the expertise to properly debug and fix the existing game code.

Case in point, Magicka DK heal (Dragon Blood). Rather than reinvent the skill to something useful, they just change the stat in the code to read through the Magicka stat pool than the Health stat pool. Same %, same basic skill code. Just an easy, minor tweak.

Case in point, Bat Swarm. Can't fix invisible... change what it does entirely. Goodbye my Stygian build.

Case in point, gap closers. Still broken. Still needs fixed.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ Velocious Curse

LOL @ 38% Swallow Soul

LOL @ 5% Destro ulti nerf

LOL @ random destro staff passives

LOL @ bubble spam

LOL @ this patch
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Force: This buff category’s Critical Damage bonus is now an additive bonus instead of a multiplicative one (consistent with all other Critical Damage bonuses), but its value has been reduced to a 15% Critical Damage bonus to compensate from 30%. Total Critical Damage bonus from this buff remains unchanged.

Major Force: This buff category’s Critical Damage bonus is now an additive bonus instead of a multiplicative one (consistent with all other Critical Damage bonuses), and its value has been reduced to a 15% Critical Damage bonus.

I rewrote this patch note for you (you're welcome) because apparently you guys didn't realize that making it additive and 15% are BOTH nerfs. Also, why did you state that the damage bonus is unchanged after clearly stating it changes from 30% to 15%...?
    Edited by BigES on January 5, 2017 5:14AM
  • Vicentius
    Vicentius
    ✭✭
    Reduced the maximum amount of Ultimate that can be stored to 500 from 1000.

Stupid change just don't do it..

Standard of Might (Dragonknight Standard morph): This morph now increases your damage done and decreases your damage taken by 12/13/14/15% while standing inside the standard, down from 17/18/19/20%.

Cool now I DEFINITELY will not use this skill thank..

Coagulating Blood (Dragon Blood morph): This morph now heals you for 33% of your missing Magicka instead of 33% of your missing Health.

Pass what you're smoking or fire the stupid please... and don't do this. I don't like it and I won't buy your stuff anymore.

Volatile Armor (Spiked Armor morph): Increased the damage of the Damage over Time component of this morph by approximately 20%.

Not sure I really needed this but cool I guess.

This morph no longer shortens the duration of the curse to 3.5 seconds from 6 seconds; instead, it causes the curse to echo and trigger one additional time 6 seconds after the first explosion.

Again...Pass what you're smoking or fire the stupid please... and don't do this. I don't like it and I won't buy your stuff anymore.

This passive ability now taunts the enemy after you use a fully-charged Frost Heavy Attack.

annnnd again....Pass what you're smoking or fire the stupid please... and don't do this. I don't like it and I won't buy your stuff anymore.

What are you guys doing? Destro stick changes don't make a lot of sense.. I hate PvP but now so does everyone else. Ya'll trying to kill your game here or something?
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay

World

[*]Werewolf
    • Pursuit: Fixed an issue where this passive ability was being removed when your character died.
    • Rousing Roar: Increased the duration of the Major Brutality buff provided by this morph to 20/21/22/23 seconds from 4/4.3/4.7/5 seconds.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Could we please get a taunt in the skill line for werewolf tanks? Maybe just add an extra passive that DPS don't have to take so they don't accidentally taunt.
    Edited by Wolfchild07 on January 5, 2017 7:41AM
  • mainarhont
    mainarhont
    ✭✭
    When buying a home purchase in the window does not display the image. Instead of pictures, or a question mark, or a black background.

0d198366e34850e9fb26e3853cb851.png
    08a24329bc56bdd415c57eaae6cc09.png
    111c222143959674a34420244f242a.png

The editor of houses in two tabs are absent section icons. In the section in an item missing icons and names.

f4d6d4fd3e46f878b123ddb5f5951f.png
    5ac1eabbe7003131c4db4d988f12bc.png
    00575f74776592a1788ab91bdf1b89.png

I understand when a character sits down on the chair he had to sit on it until the player does not cancel this action? But the figure rises from the chair immediately - immediately I sat down and stood up.
    Do not know, the only problem with this chair in the screenshot, or with all objects of this type.

4d98ea415e41a3acfe2eab5b795d64.png

The vendor does not want to talk.
    It should probably check in other alliances if the same problem occurs there.

fbaad86a5b85fac6fb020bc005aff5.png

When buying a home purchase in the confirmation dialog box appears instead of the icons a red square with a red question mark.
    Screenshot do, unfortunately did not happen.
  • Bartdude
    Bartdude
    ✭✭✭
    Its obvious that more players doing PVP content visit the forums than those that are playing PVE, why? look at all the posts asking for "nerf this" and "buff that" and contrary to popular belief the Devs "DO" listen. We see time after time nerfs made to "balance" PVP, screwing over the PVE community. Why? because the majority of people actually playing ESO don't ever visit the forums so in the Devs mind it doesn't matter if they tuck up the PVE players because most won't even notice the changes.

Ah and before anyone jumps in, i'm not trying to bash PVP as I like it too, well I would if it wasn't a lag fest but there needs to be some sort of change so that Nerfs for PVP don't affect PVE.
    Edited by Bartdude on January 5, 2017 8:22AM
    "No *** lady! does it sound like I'm ordering pizza?"
  • mainarhont
    mainarhont
    ✭✭
    I purchased Ebonheart Chateau
    224c3a85620ad03b81acb8f577111f.png
    and achievements marked Daggerfall Overlook
    cf0bb0c97b8983441167e356a6603b.png
  • Gallier65
    Gallier65
    ✭✭
    The thing I really don´t understand is why are you making changes to skills which are fine like curse or strife. Many Ideas in the forums are just ..... people want their class to be OP or something like that. But there are pretty good Ideas in terms of balancing and so on but you ignore them and what i think even worse don´t give any feedback why you ignore them, not to every "change this skill" post but to the posts which really make sense.

I asked @ZOS_RichLambert in @sypher Stream yesterday why they made the change to curse and he answered directly.

I didn´t like the answer because for me it makes no sense that the change was to "free up globals for other things" BUT i got an answer and however i liked the answer because there is some kind of communication between playerbase and dev.

I also understand that balancing skills for group pve, solo pve, group pvp and solo pvp is really really hard to do. But please @Zos try to communicate more with your playerbase when balancing should be done we are all paying for this game and loving it.

Thank you for reading this.
  • AuT6GHad
    AuT6GHad
    It needs to be more than 5% damage reduction for Elemental Storm.

And please don't make Major Force additive.
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »
    Major Force: This buff category’s Critical Damage bonus is now an additive bonus instead of a multiplicative one (consistent with all other Critical Damage bonuses), but its value has been reduced to a 15% Critical Damage bonus to compensate from 30%. Total Critical Damage bonus from this buff remains unchanged.

Major Force: This buff category’s Critical Damage bonus is now an additive bonus instead of a multiplicative one (consistent with all other Critical Damage bonuses), and its value has been reduced to a 15% Critical Damage bonus.

I rewrote this patch note for you (you're welcome) because apparently you guys didn't realize that making it additive and 15% are BOTH nerfs. Also, why did you state that the damage bonus is unchanged after clearly stating it changes from 30% to 15%...?

I don't understand how exactly they change it but i'm not sure it's a nerf..
    Look :

Base crit damage modifier is 50% : 1,5
    Admit you hit for 1000 you will hit for 1500.

Before with the buff you get a major 30%. So 1500 x 1.3 = 1950.

Now it will be 1000 x (1,5+1,15) = 2650 ? (it will be a huge buff.. too mutch to be real but i understand it like that..)
    Rather than 1000 x (1,5 x 1,3 ).

I guess.
    But i can't test it on PTS. Hope someone will do and report.
    Edited by Hexyl on January 5, 2017 10:47AM
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The curse change should be a DPS buff for PvE. You get 2 explosions for 1 cast every 12 seconds, with your spamable taking up the other casts.

The skill is now completely useless in PvP though. Why not combine haunting curse with the pet curse. 12s of pet curse that explodes twice. And leave V Curse alone

Please no "PvP nerfed because of PvE" comments. They are just not constructive

As a sorc, I'm mostly saddened by all the attention pets are getting. They are so terrible for anything endgame. It's not like the guys soloing v dungeons with them need the buff

Curse is a flat out 42% damage nerf for PvE.

It is not a 42% damage nerf for PvE. You are not accounting for the new destro passives, and you are not accounting for the casting time you now gain for not having to spam curse every 3.5 seconds. If anything, it's likely going to be stronger in a sustained damage fight in PvE now.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hexyl wrote: »
    BigES wrote: »

I don't understand how exactly they change it but i'm not sure it's a nerf..
    Look :

Base crit damage modifier is 50% : 1,5
    Admit you hit for 1000 you will hit for 1500.

Before with the buff you get a major 30%. So 1500 x 1.3 = 1950.

Now it will be 1000 x (1,5+1,15) = 2650 ?
    (it will be a huge buff.. too mutch to be real but i understand it like that..)
    Rather than 1000 x (1,5 x 1,3 ).

I guess.
    But i can't test it on PTS. Hope someone will do and report.

Wrong way to calc it. Now it will be 1000 x (1,5+0,15) = 1650
    Because I can!
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    Hm. Okay.

So "We nerf it about 18% but don't worry it's the same than before" u_u .
    Damn it.

Why nerf this spell like that ? u_u. There is already impenetrable trait to balance crit dmg in pvp. And it's a 250 cost ultimate.

For PvE there is plenty of thing who need change before this..

And what happen to Minor Force ?
    New Major force = +12%
    Minor force = 12% ..?
    Edited by Hexyl on January 5, 2017 1:13PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not clear if the houses will allow you to actually store useful items in them, and in sufficient quantity to make them a viable option. ATM I have enough money to make myself a Count, but I really don't need such an ego boost. Is the "safe" mentioned at some point actual storage? Is it upgradable? Do bigger houses have bigger safes?
    Edited by Asardes on January 5, 2017 4:02PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    It's not clear if the houses will allow you to actually store useful items in them, and in sufficient quantity to make them a viable option. ATM I have enough money to make myself a Count, but I really don't need such an ego boost. Is the "safe" mentioned at some point actual storage? Is it upgradable? Do bigger houses have bigger safes?

Have you been under a rock? They said weeks ago there's no storage in houses. Maybe in a later update.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafters rejoice! If you have access to the Craft Bag through ESO Plus, you can now deconstruct items and refine materials even when your inventory is full.

Great news
    Edited by Reivax on January 5, 2017 4:27PM
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the big balance stamina magicka changes?

These are the buffs to DK?
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    kinda pissed blazing spear won't stun anymore. Was the only worthwhile AOE stun skill that would help with zergs in pvp
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal