The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Blackrose change from Stamina to Magicka. Why would you switch such fundamental settings. Make a new set rather than change an existing. People acquire certain sets because of their current listed specifications. Blackrose is used on stamina builds because of the 2-5 abilities as-currently listed. Blackrose is intended for Heavy Armor and works off the constitution skill in Heavy Armor. I would think more Stamina builds use it.

I use it on my MDK. I like the change.

I understand you like the change.
    However to those who have farmed it hours (at IC launch for example) for a specific setup, it's pretty unfair, a kind of breach of contract.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought this was meant to balance out stamina and magic again. From what I can see they have done very little to address the weakness of magic in PvP.

Can see pets are a bit more powerful however still suspect they will be ignored in PvP they might not die as easy but they still have terrible damage and I am betting stupid AI.

Also not sure what the point of subbing is - why be ESO plus when there isn't any new DLC content?
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say I am quite anxious. I usually don't complaint about game mechanics, but my main is a Magicka Templar, and the total ammount of time I invested on him exceeds 50 days. I don't envision him as a pure healer. I really hope that the coming changes don't confine him in a role of pure healer that wouldn't suit my vision of the character. That would ruin (maybe not totally, but significantly) a lot of effort.

Wait and see, I guess. I am awaiting anxiously for the PTS-informed feedback. I hope that if the feedback is negative, ZOS will listen, and make sure that diversity is still allowed within each class.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • ChRiS_the_GaMeR
    ChRiS_the_GaMeR
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I already wrote this in german but since there is only Kai you'll never now if your Feedback gets noticed. My english is pretty bad but I'll try my best ....

I could give Feedback to all the changes like everyone else does but you already got and will get enough of that. So instead I thought it would be usefull to give Feedback about a different theme (and core problem).

The PTS is mostly going live one month before the Update is reaching the liveserver but 90% of the time you are only reacting with justifications instead of actual changes. So no wonder if most people thinking you are ignoring their feedback.

You don't need to justify your decisions its your game. But you shouldn't be surprised if you get the same complaints every patch ... such big unexpected changes just need to be communicated differently and more confident.

Its no wonder people are getting confused and angry if almost everybody is begging for PvP, Class and proc set balance, but you are giving them unexpected (not saying unimportant or unneeded) PvE damage and Froststave :D changes ..

If you pick something that needs to be changed and you are working on it for long time, I assume you are confident/sure about the way you decided to change it. So normally you would have some reasons for your decisions like "Why does XY even needed to be changed?" or "Why did you choose this way of changing it?"

Getting things (reasons) like that into the patch notes or communicate them to us, might not make your lifes easier (you'll never get everyone happy) but at least it would make you more believable.

As I said my english :# so sorry for every mistake. I hope you got what I wanted to say.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I already wrote this in german but since there is only Kai you'll never now if your Feedback gets noticed. My english is pretty bad but I'll try my best ....

I could give Feedback to all the changes like everyone else does but you already got and will get enough of that. So instead I thought it would be usefull to give Feedback about a different theme (and core problem).

The PTS is mostly going live one month before the Update is reaching the liveserver but 90% of the time you are only reacting with justifications instead of actual changes. So no wonder if most people thinking you are ignoring their feedback.

You don't need to justify your decisions its your game. But you shouldn't be surprised if you get the same complaints every patch ... such big unexpected changes just need to be communicated differently and more confident.

Its no wonder people are getting confused and angry if almost everybody is begging for PvP, Class and proc set balance, but you are giving them unexpected (not saying unimportant or unneeded) PvE damage and Froststave :D changes ..

If you pick something that needs to be changed and you are working on it for long time, I assume you are confident/sure about the way you decided to change it. So normally you would have some reasons for your decisions like "Why does XY even needed to be changed?" or "Why did you choose this way of changing it?"

Getting things (reasons) like that into the patch notes or communicate them to us, might not make your lifes easier (you'll never get everyone happy) but at least it would make you more believable.

As I said my english :# so sorry for every mistake. I hope you got what I wanted to say.

IMHO, they keep on selling us hope. Hope about balance, hope about a finished game. Once they make a decent game, they will have nothing else to sell.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    is PTS still down?
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • DrWill
    DrWill
    ITS OPEN GUYS
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    RiP Templars lol

Where do you get that from? The only real change is to radiant and that's still only a minor one.

Total Dark/eclipse changes more than make up for it in my opinion.

In PvE is all fine.. I will miss my execute, but i deal more Damage with all of my dots for sure..

The see the Problem in PvP.. You dont have much space for skills to pressure enemys. You need most of it for survivalskills. Templar lost 1 cc skill (we just had 2-3 usefull cc skills) with blazing spear and radiant was the only skill for a bit pressure in different builds...
    Sure i can play a healertank in smallscale like some Templars allready do, but i liked the possibility to play him solo. I played him as a range DD& survivalmonster with froststaff, a lot of cc and pressure at least. This time will surely be over :/

And forget the "Pseudo"buffs for some Damageskills, Templar never needed that.. we really missed cc, because we dont have escapeskills... this Balancepatch destroy the cc and we just stay with Healing and low Damage..

so RIP good old Templar!
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    fritzOSU03 wrote: »

On a side note, I want a full-size mammoth mount that I can dye at the dye station. Thanks.

You and your damn mammoths!

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Busts from Trials and Arenas include a marble stand.

is see Trials busts , but arenas bust are not here ! give me voriak solkyn plz
    Edited by Apherius on January 4, 2017 8:15PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst damage class just got a damage nerf. Oh thanks for the buffs to our heals. That will soon be complained about and nerfed.

It's like the designer don't play the game.
  • jeffm47
    jeffm47
    ✭✭
    Im excited for housing and customization, but alot of the balance changes are really disappointing, some are good, most are not. im hoping im wrong on the changes being bad.
  • Zaenidd
    Zaenidd
    ✭✭✭
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

[*]The Ra Gada style can now be found in Craglorn.
    • The chapters of the style are rarely available from completing Focus Points, and very rarely found by killing Delve and World Bosses, opening locked Treasure Chests, or following Treasure Maps.
    • The same holds true for the style item, Ancient Sandstone, which is more commonly found from the above-mentioned sources.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

hey, what do you mean exactly by "Focus Points" ?

thx!
    Edited by Zaenidd on January 4, 2017 9:02PM
    Serveur EU - Pacte
    Co-GM de l'Escouade Sauvage - Guilde PVE escouadesauvage.guildi.com

Zaen Telvayn - DK magic dps v16 - vMoL 79.578 (37min30sec)
    Zaenia - Nightblade tank v16

All In Game PVE content cleared (except vMol HM)
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the big balance stamina magicka changes?

These are the buffs to DK?
  • jeffm47
    jeffm47
    ✭✭
    i would also like to see mages guild become easier to level up on console i don't even bother with my other characters because looking for book requires looking up on google or good luck leveling it.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeffm47 wrote: »
    i would also like to see mages guild become easier to level up on console i don't even bother with my other characters because looking for book requires looking up on google or good luck leveling it.
    @jeffm47 There are daily quests for the Mages Guild that can help with levelling it up.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • jeffm47
    jeffm47
    ✭✭
    ok sorry i did not know i thought books were the only way
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed that there's no snowy house with a land. It's not like there's not enough free space in Eastmarch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Would it be possible to make the DC flags editable in the Daggerfall Overlook and also allow us to be in first person view when we sit on chairs? Thank you!
    Edited by Leogon on January 4, 2017 10:44PM
  • Sonofbattles
    Sonofbattles
    Soul Shriven
    Why is endgame PvE never considered when making these changes? If you want to balance PvP then make the changes to battle spirit, the mechanic is already present. Please do not take these changes live, it's hard enough as is to do the end game trials on vet without these changes, let alone hard mode. With these changes you can pretty much forget about hard modes completely. The warhorn nerf alone practically guarantees that much. Please stop pandering to the people who do nothing but PvP and cry that this skill or that skill is OP and truly look at the overall effects these changes are going to have on the entire community.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill just wait few minutes to check changes on PTS but prolly Ill just unsub and say good bye to ESO as I did with "Shield breaker" intro.

- no rework of sorc skills, most of them is useless
    - 50% dmg nerf to mag sorc skill (yes its what it is), so mag have sorc have like 1 skill based on luck, 1 skill that will hit once every 6s (lol), and finisher... simply brilliant
    - you want to make pets viable? change them to not be toggles (after summoning, you have to use their skill in a 60s or pets will be unsummoned) or buff them so they will be worth of using 2 skill slots (like they share stats with player in some %, so when youre tanky, they are tanky, when you are more of a dps they deal more damage).

- nerf to magplars, no one will use total dark anyway, its just giving someone 7s of CC immunity, especially to melee toons

- nerf to magblades, do I need to to say anything about it?

- dragon blood, srsly?

So in general, magica takes some serious nerfs and minor buffs and fixes. The only magica classes that was able to compete take serious nerfs so... Goodbye ZoS, say goodbye to my money.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is endgame PvE never considered when making these changes? If you want to balance PvP then make the changes to battle spirit, the mechanic is already present. Please do not take these changes live, it's hard enough as is to do the end game trials on vet without these changes, let alone hard mode. With these changes you can pretty much forget about hard modes completely. The warhorn nerf alone practically guarantees that much. Please stop pandering to the people who do nothing but PvP and cry that this skill or that skill is OP and truly look at the overall effects these changes are going to have on the entire community.

@Sonofbattles What warhorn nerf? Did I miss it in the patchnotes?
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The curse change should be a DPS buff for PvE. You get 2 explosions for 1 cast every 12 seconds, with your spamable taking up the other casts.

The skill is now completely useless in PvP though. Why not combine haunting curse with the pet curse. 12s of pet curse that explodes twice. And leave V Curse alone

Please no "PvP nerfed because of PvE" comments. They are just not constructive

As a sorc, I'm mostly saddened by all the attention pets are getting. They are so terrible for anything endgame. It's not like the guys soloing v dungeons with them need the buff

Curse is a flat out 42% damage nerf for PvE.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Raid dps is going up. Assuming that you don't run all stam builds and magplar
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Sonofbattles
    Sonofbattles
    Soul Shriven
    @gard The change isn't to warhorn, it's to major force, which is granted by aggressive warhorn. Currently major force multiplies your crit damage by 1.3, so if your current multiplier is 2.0 times your base damage it becomes 2.6. With this change it adds a straight 15%, so it becomes 2.15 instead of 2.6. That is a nerf.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this has probably been mentioned... the weapon swap mechanic is changed. Now it draws your current weapon and THEN swaps. somewhat different than what is on Live and takes substantially longer. This will definitely mess up my rotations in PvP and trials.

Also, when weapons are drawn when casting rapid maneuvers. I believe this was previously corrected and will receive lots of complaints if it goes to Live as is.

Ray
    Ray
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been asked, but are there storage containers in owned houses/apartments?
  • jasonteck
    jasonteck
    why are they nerfing hurricane for a stam sorc. stam sorcs barely have any stamina skills in the sorc skill lines.

also instead of changing blackrose, add a new set.
  • Ancientrock
    Ancientrock
    ✭✭
    I've read every page of every class balance improvements thread by now. What should be changed and what shouldnt appears several times from different players. Why can't ZOS read it and do the changes the community is asking for?
  • Opeline
    Opeline
    ✭✭✭
    Since this update is all about housing and not really at all about balancing, I want to ask a question here about something highly important and relevant.

How in Mara's name do I set housing permissions. The only time I have even remotely done anything with them, it was to "copy" them from another house I purchased. Am I missing it? Do I need to be close to friends? Do I need to be near friends that I am grouped with? How on Nirn does this work?

EDIT: Figured it out. For those that don't know -- go to a house, hit F5 to enter decorator mode, then hit "R". Up at the right hand side above where your "things" are at, there are tabs. Go to settings and have fun.
    Edited by Opeline on January 5, 2017 2:26AM
    Why are you so afraid of what others are going to say about you? ***'em and feed'em fish eggs.

Champion Rank 561

Lillith Sohineh - Imperial Werewolf Healplar
    Sonja Gaercroft - Breton Healplar
    Casnia Nightthorn - Bosmer Werewolf Stamplar
    Elsynia - Bosmer Werewolf Stamknight
    Psythanna - Altmer Magiblade
    Llalayne - Dunmer MagiKnight

Aetherian Archive HM - √, Sanctum Ophidia HM - √, Hel Ra Citadel HM - √, Dragonstar Arena - √
  • Opeline
    Opeline
    ✭✭✭

Agreed... It's one of the major reasons I went strictly to RP and rarely do PvE anymore. I like a challenge, hell, I love a challenge.. But there is a point where you really have got to stop giving EVERYTHING to PvP tryhards. Sorry, sorry.. Hardcore PvPers that live in there. Some of us would like to still do PvE content, but with every change that is made to balance PvP, you end up further killing PvE.
    Why are you so afraid of what others are going to say about you? ***'em and feed'em fish eggs.

Champion Rank 561

Lillith Sohineh - Imperial Werewolf Healplar
    Sonja Gaercroft - Breton Healplar
    Casnia Nightthorn - Bosmer Werewolf Stamplar
    Elsynia - Bosmer Werewolf Stamknight
    Psythanna - Altmer Magiblade
    Llalayne - Dunmer MagiKnight

Aetherian Archive HM - √, Sanctum Ophidia HM - √, Hel Ra Citadel HM - √, Dragonstar Arena - √