The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Update 13 - Sneak peak notes

• The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Clarkieson wrote: »
    Shinkhan wrote: »
    Shinkhan wrote: »
    OHHHH NICE !! SO THNX FOR NERFING YOUR TEMPLARS AND STAM SORCs !! OHH WAIT NOO YOU CANT, BECAUSE ITS THE CLASSES YOU GUYS FROM ZOS ARE PLAYING IN PVP WITH YOUR SERG IM SORRY.
    WE ARE PAYING YOU NOT TO HAVE A GAME FOR YOU GUYS BUT FOR EVERYONE !! AND ARE YOU SOO BAD THAT YOU CANT EVEN NERF SOMTHING ONLY FOR PVP ? OHH NO WAIT YOU GUYS DID IT ALREADY BY NERFING THE MAGIKA SORC, YOU GUYS NERFED THE SHIELDS "TWICE" !!
    BUT ITS OK WE SHOULD BE HAPPY BECAUSE YOU ARE NERFING THE STAMINA ALSO IN PVE !! OHH NOOO WAIT THE FREAKING KRAGH SET WILL STILL DO THE SAME PENETRATION.

WE DONT NEED TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED T DO CUZ YOU GUYS ALREADY KNOW THAT ! YOU ARE MAKING A GAME ONLY FOR YOU AND NOT FOR THE COMUNITY AND ONE DAY YOU WILL FIND YOURSELFS ALONE IN YOUR GAME.

Holy *** dude, drink some decaf.

Im sorry But what they are doin pisses me off !

Not just you, a large majority of players dont pvp at all, and zenimax have angered all of those people to please a few minority

Update 13 will be a smack in the face for zenimax when player numbers drop and crown store sales diminish

I was a Beta tester and played until I got bored. I got back into the game at console launch and have been playing ever since. I understand and hear your frustration, believe me. But, I wish I had a septim for every time someone said "x" change will diminish the player base.

It has dropped from what I can see. Na ps4 had 4-5 full Pvp servers at any given time. Even other still had a bar or two. Now there is one bar of one color in each campaign. One stays somewhat full. But weekday mornings only a bar of each. A lot of people in my friends list are all playing other games. From a solid 12 people daily group to maybe 5.

I can't speak for the PS4 pop. X1 is doing quite well.
    Options
  • User_Name
    User_Name
    ✭✭✭

Pve is broken?

Why? How?

Some pve is difficult enough already for some players and its broken?

Wow, im truly baffled now

When you can skip mechanics by sheer DPS, and people also go to great lengths to explain why removing their proc damage sets' ability to crit will absolutely destroy their ability to complete PVE content, something is clearly wrong.
    Edited by User_Name on December 29, 2016 9:48PM
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of salt in this thread is rivaled only by the amount of popcorn I would need to fully appreciate all of the comments.
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    User_Name wrote: »

Pve is broken?

Why? How?

When you can skip mechanics by sheer DPS, and people also go to great lengths to explain why removing their proc damage sets' ability to crit will absolutely destroy their ability to play the game, something is clearly wrong.

This is what I've been saying. Not all mechanics can be skipped by powerful DPS, but certainly the majority of it can.

I'm not defending ZOS by any means. However, it's my belief (and I could be wrong) that they are trying to address the overall power creep that many have been complaining since IC dropped. How they are going about it is cetainly debatable, but PvE will by no means suffer.

Plus, we don't even have all the information yet. There's more nerfs/buffs/balancing that we are not privy to yet.

Edited by The_Lex on December 29, 2016 9:52PM
    Options
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭

Pve is broken?

Why? How?

When you can skip mechanics by sheer DPS, and people also go to great lengths to explain why removing their proc damage sets' ability to crit will absolutely destroy their ability to complete PVE content, something is clearly wrong.

So pve monsters get killed quickly, who cares?

Zenimax might have seen this coming, or not as the reality suggests

If this is a pve nerf and by all accounts it is, why have zenimax taken so long to do anything about it? They are to wrapped up in the crown store and the game is clearly just a sideshow to making money from the crown store.

If zenimax actually tested things before release or even listened to players on the PTS they could have avoided this altogether
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pve is broken?

Why? How?

Hey, aint no room for logic. This is time for tears dude. Get on the bus! :wink:

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pve is broken?

Why? How?

Here's the question.

Is that design the game designers want? If it is, then harming our ability to do it is counterproductive, we see alot of DPS checks.

If it's not, then why not take measures before now? Why design in such a way as DPS checks are required?

My complaint isn''t that it removes the ability to crit, or that it's quality control. My quam is why. Because PVP cried, and this isn't even solving the issue it's supposed to.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on December 29, 2016 10:11PM
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pve is broken?

Why? How?

When you can skip mechanics by sheer DPS, and people also go to great lengths to explain why removing their proc damage sets' ability to crit will absolutely destroy their ability to play the game, something is clearly wrong.

This is what I've been saying. Not all mechanics can be skipped by powerful DPS, but certainly the majority of it can.

I'm not defending ZOS by any means. However, it's my belief (and I could be wrong) that they are trying to address the overall power creep that many have been complaining since IC dropped. How they are going about it is cetainly debatable, but PvE will by no means suffer.

Plus, we don't even have all the information yet. There's more nerfs/buffs/balancing that we are not privy to yet.
    At least there are some here who are reasonable. People are going totally out of their minds about balance when they only know a tiny snippet of the bigger picture. It's just ridiculous. I can only image what it must be like for zenimax employees to read these forums and see so much irrational diarea.

Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Pve is broken?

Why? How?

At least there are some here who are reasonable. People are going totally out of their minds about balance when they only know a tiny snippet of the bigger picture. It's just ridiculous. I can only image what it must be like for zenimax employees to read these forums and see so much irrational diarea.

You couldn't pay me enough to have @ZOS_GinaBruno's and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom's job. lol

Edited by The_Lex on December 29, 2016 10:08PM
    Options
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭

Pve is broken?

Why? How?

You couldn't pay me enough to have @ZOS_GinaBruno's and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom's job. lol

Must be very difficult be a social media bunny. And not get involved with the community. Hard job
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pve is broken?

Why? How?

They could pay me enough but I'd get fired pretty quickly.
    Half the forum would be banned.
    Half of the other half would be get called idiots with zero regard daily
    ... you get the idea. :blush:

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • User_Name
    User_Name
    ✭✭✭
    Realistically though, if this change is prompted by the PVP-crowd howcome the fix doesn't address the very issues the PVP'ers highlighted? None of the PVP'ers suggested this change, but rather toyed with ideas of DOTs and global cooldowns.

Just imagine for a second that perhaps just maybe the dev team actually works independently of the forum and the tears of the month. A ludicrous notion, I know.
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realistically though, if this change is prompted by the PVP-crowd howcome the fix doesn't address the very issues the PVP'ers highlighted? None of the PVP'ers suggested this change, but rather toyed with ideas of DOTs and global cooldowns.

Just imagine for a second that perhaps just maybe the dev team actually works independently of the forum and the tears of the month. A ludicrous notion, I know.

Yep.

Just the original stupidity of a bad dev team.
    Options
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭

Update 13 is a giant pve nerf fest perhaps?

Im sure if there were rocks and trees to shuffle stack behind in pve you would see a lot more tears from people
    Options
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was posting in another thread but I feel it makes a good summary so I am reposting the relevant part.

This crit nerf shows how far removed the devs are from the game and how they try to hide their laziness and incompetence of doing blanket PvP-PvE nerfs under the banner of intended. Everyone knows 5-8% parse from an undaunted set is not overpowered in PvE. Burst is not a PvE issue so I am calling BS there. The fact that they think removing crit factors in PvP will return balance shows a true lack of understanding. Nobody PvP's with crit because of impen and resistant and those sets still stack.
    Edited by nordsavage on December 29, 2016 10:35PM
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
    Options
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    I was posting in another thread but I feel it makes a good summary so I am reposting the relevant part.

This crit nerf shows how far removed the devs are from the game and how they try to hide their laziness and incompetence of doing blanket PvP-PvE nerfs under the banner of intended. Everyone knows 5-8% parse from an undaunted set is not overpowered in PvE. Burst is not a PvE issue so I am calling BS there. The fact that they think removing crit factors in PvP will return balance shows a true lack of understanding. Nobody PvP's with crit because of impen and resistant and those sets still stack.

Blanket nerfs are quicker and cheaper than fixing individual sets. Its more cost effective and solves the problem, only it creates more problems than it solves

I wonder just how many man hours were spent farming monster hats and undaunted keys to get those sets? How much farming to get the upgrade mats?

Now we all have to remake builds all over again, and that is where some bad feeling has come from. All one tamriel everyone was farming all day long. Now the new farm begins. Its very annoying because zenimax have lost sight of the goal posts and we are all following blindly
    Edited by Clarkieson on December 29, 2016 10:40PM
    Options
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »

Blanket nerfs are quicker and cheaper than fixing individual sets. Its more cost effective and solves the problem, only it creates more problems than it solves

I wonder just how many man hours were spent farming monster hats and undaunted keys to get those sets? How much farming to get the upgrade mats?

Now we all have to remake builds all over again, and that is where some bad feeling has come from. All one tamriel everyone was farming all day long. Now the new farm begins. Its very annoying because zenimax have lost sight of the goal posts and we are all following blindly

I should post a videos showcasing the legion of high end BiS gear I have that is about to get screwed over and the /played on all my alts showing the thousands upon thousands of hours over the years I have. A large portion of which go to farming gear. I am about ready to flush it all and only come back once a year to blow through DLC story. 3 years was to long to be on one game anyway and I have watched to many stupid changes from these devs who probably could not make the cut on a real ES game.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Gal

I can go on.

Nerf Dark Deal, Implosion, damage from stealth, Fear, Incap Strike, Wrath passive, Major Mending, Major Vitality. Take Poisons, dodge chance and Wrobel out of the game completely and limit siege to keeps and other buildings.

Edited by WillhelmBlack on December 29, 2016 11:08PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • Gal
    Gal
    ✭✭✭
    @WillhelmBlack
    @Gal

I can go on.

Nerf Dark Deal, Implosion, damage from stealth, Fear, Incap Strike, Wrath passive, Major Mending, Major Vitality. Take Poisons, dodge chance and Wrobel out of the game completely and limit siege to keeps and other buildings.

With everything you want gone from the game you may as well stop playing lol.
    Healer for Fang Lair Hard Mode & Odyssey, Competitive Trial guilds on PC/NA

Magicka Templar DD
    Magicka Templar Healer
    Magicka Warden Healer
    Magicka Sorcerer Healer

#2 Group PC NA to clear vMoL HM (Epic Synergy)

Radiant Oppression I Breton Magicka Templar DPS/Healer I All Hardmodes DD'd or Healed
    Arab With A Clock I Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight DPS I Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Ansei of the First Rank | Breton Magicka Warden Healer | Immortal Redeemer | Soon to be Gryphon Heart | All Hardmodes Healed
    Chad Thunderstruck | Breton Magicka Sorcer Healer/DD | All Hardmodes Healed
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gal

I can go on.

Well at least you don't have a say in balance
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually proc set shouldn't be affected by CP either.
    Options
  • ColoredScreams
    ColoredScreams
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing on gap close snares? gg, one of the most toxic mechanics in pvp remains
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing on gap close snares? gg, one of the most toxic mechanics in pvp remains

This isn't the full patch notes. This is a small amount. We don't know the full extent of changes. Wait til it goes to the PTS next month
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I have worked out Zenimax strategy!

Step 1: Nerf an important part of the game thereby nullifying or make some build non-viable.
    Step 2: Release a slightly better item/set and the community will go into a farming frenzy thus increasing traffic to the game.
    Step 3: Create an event to gain some new members and boost more traffic and introduce slightly overpriced items in the grown store and grates as this will entice those with uncontrolled spending habits and not so money wise to spend some real money whilst in their farming frenzy.
    Step 4: Make certain items crown store exclusive to ensure continued flow of income.
    Step 5: rinse and repeat.

Quite a genius plan really
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
    Options
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I have worked out Zenimax strategy!

Step 1: Nerf an important part of the game thereby nullifying or make some build non-viable.
    Step 2: Release a slightly better item/set and the community will go into a farming frenzy thus increasing traffic to the game.
    Step 3: Create an event to gain some new members and boost more traffic and introduce slightly overpriced items in the grown store and grates as this will entice those with uncontrolled spending habits and not so money wise to spend some real money whilst in their farming frenzy.
    Step 4: Make certain items crown store exclusive to ensure continued flow of income.
    Step 5: rinse and repeat.

Quite a genius plan really

Very plausible, however im not sure there are any zenimax employees that can count past 2
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadeaux wrote: »
    Talking about burst damage, how about fixing Eye of the Flame?

The sheer number of people running it should tell you how broken it is.

Lol another one crying... first of all incap is a 50 ulti 2 potions and a light attack and it's up or one potion 1 kill and you pretty much can incap someone. Btw incap is 50 ulti it has a healing debuff it can do 10-15K damage and it stuns. In my eyes that is broken.. Also every stam nb is running it too now tells you how broken it is :smile: increase the cost of Incap ZoS atleast 100
    Eye of Flame (or whatever staff you use) I agree it hits hard but in my opinion ultis that are 200+ should hit hard as it takes some time to get your ulti up to 200+ and I seen templars healing people and keeping them alive during the damage from the staff ulti.

Almost 2017. Someone still don't get the concept of single target ulti compared to devastating AOE ulti.

We will use a group of ppl in typical PvP gear that just stand and do nothing for this test.

Pick 20 random ppl. Let NB kill them using incap. It will take 40-50 actions. Ulti points spent 20 x 50 = 1000
    Time spent - about 2 minutes.

Now lets see the same 20 ppl. Bring destro ulti sorc. Press one button. Screen explodes. Ulti points spent 213.
    Time spent - about 5 seconds.

Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see one problem with this change, viper has crit as two of its stats....
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    I see one problem with this change, viper has crit as two of its stats....

Normal crit from weapon attacks and skills is unaffected. Just the poison proc from it won't crit.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Shadeaux wrote: »
    Talking about burst damage, how about fixing Eye of the Flame?

The sheer number of people running it should tell you how broken it is.

Lol another one crying... first of all incap is a 50 ulti 2 potions and a light attack and it's up or one potion 1 kill and you pretty much can incap someone. Btw incap is 50 ulti it has a healing debuff it can do 10-15K damage and it stuns. In my eyes that is broken.. Also every stam nb is running it too now tells you how broken it is :smile: increase the cost of Incap ZoS atleast 100
    Eye of Flame (or whatever staff you use) I agree it hits hard but in my opinion ultis that are 200+ should hit hard as it takes some time to get your ulti up to 200+ and I seen templars healing people and keeping them alive during the damage from the staff ulti.
    Almost 2017. Someone still don't get the concept of single target ulti compared to devastating AOE ulti.

We will use a group of ppl in typical PvP gear that just stand and do nothing for this test.

Pick 20 random ppl. Let NB kill them using incap. It will take 40-50 actions. Ulti points spent 20 x 50 = 1000
    Time spent - about 2 minutes.

Now lets see the same 20 ppl. Bring destro ulti sorc. Press one button. Screen explodes. Ulti points spent 213.
    Time spent - about 5 seconds.

Bring up facts against the destro ult and you'll have a bad time.
    I could add that you need about 2-3 incaps to kill one player in cyro as noone there has under 15k health. Additionally EotS grants you between 5-9k dps free dps against any target hit. And you can use skills while destroy everyone and his mother.
    I don't want to say incap is bad and i'd like to see a cost increase to 65 Ult but in the end incap needs to be activated in the right time where as EotS is a no-brainer use it and stuff will die.
    Edited by BohnT on December 30, 2016 5:35PM
    Options
  • altair1969
    altair1969
    ✭✭✭
    zOZ LAMBERT pourriez vous poster votre message sur le forum français qui regroupe énormément de joueurs !

toutefois si je traduis correctement , vous nerfez les sets à proc , ce qui est honteux pour les joueurs PVE , réglez les problèmes en pvp et ne touchez pas à nos stuffs PVE !

vous mettez des stuffs en place , on les farm , on les améliore et vous les nerfez !!!!! >:) are you crazy ? :o
    Options